main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Role Playing Community's Second Annual Christmas / Winter Ball

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    IC: Brutus

Brutus glances back and forth between Joss and Nick ".....Um I think I'll go and have some Eggnog....a lot of Eggnog. Yea Eggnog, is good." Brutus quickly turns around and heads for the parlor.

TAG: Joss, Nick, and Anabel

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Reynar

I felt the howling wind from the rotors of the helicopter rip at the fabric my tuxedo's torso as I stepped off of the raucous aircraft and onto the hard concrete below. I pulled out my shades from the tux's inner pocket and slid them across my face until they came to rest on the bridge of my nose, then saluted the pilot as the helicopter took off once more.

Apparently, the old house that I had arrived at was called Mistletoe Plantation, and was host to a Winter get together with members of the RPF. Naturally, I couldn't resist making an appearance, if only for a brief moment or two. So there I was, walking through the door, and lo and behold, what a pleasant greeting I got. A bent over maid.

"Where have you been all my life?" I said as I slid the shades off my face and placed them in my pocket. She didn't respond immediately, and that was always nice. If she wasn't interested, she would have turned around and gave me that look that women give.

"So!" I exclaimed to no one in particular. "Where's the party?"

Tag: Those... worthy of my attention :cool:

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Sey

Sey listened as LI finished up discussing his book. She noticed that Sinre had wandered off. It was tough to keep his attention sometimes, but she wasn't worried. Glancing around the room again she noticed the party had filled up. Taking her empty punch glass, she excused herself from LI and walked over to refill it. With glass in hand, she walked back across the floor smiling and waving at various people.

She made her way over near the entrance door. Sey loved cold weather and she didn't get to experience it a lot anymore so she felt herself drawn to the outside. She'd just opened the door to step outside for a minute when she heard something.

"Where's the party?"

Sey jumped as she hadn't expected anyone to be outside. Looking down the stairs, she saw Reynar had finally arrived. She's always liked Reynar.

"Howdy!" She greeted her friend. "How're you doing?"

Tag: Reynar

4. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006

"Howdy!" Sey was the first RPer to greet Reynar. He'd always liked Sey. "How're you doing?"

"Hey, Sey! I'm not bad, digging this weather though. It's not everyday I get to experience this type of chill. Yourself?"

Tag: Sey

5. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006

"I'm loving this weather too. That's why I stepped outside." She blew out a breath and watched as her breath steamed away from her. Giggling at her silliness, she winked at Reynar. "I'd best get back inside though. I didn't bring my coat and it is rather chilly. You coming?"

6. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006

"Yep," Reynar responded and followed Sey back into the house. "I appreciate cold weather, but only when I'm inside with a heater."

7. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006

Sey slipped back into the house with Reynar behind her. Turning to look at him she asked, "Can I steal you for a dance to warm up before you get accosted by others?"

8. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006

"I have been known to get accosted," Reynar joked, though his words were true. "'Course you can. But, uh, where exactly is the dance hall?"

9. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006

She grinned at his answer. "I'm not sure where the dance hall is."

Sey glanced around again and saw Imp in a group of people. "Let's ask Imp." She proceeded to lead Reynar over to the group weaving in and out of people on the way over.

"Hey Imp!" She called out. "Where is the dancing at?"

Tag: Reynar, Imp

10. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006

Reynar tried to keep his head low, as if anyone dared lay eyes on his damn fine visage, he would surely get pummeled by adoring women and, possibly, 'men'.

"Hey, Sey," he whispered. "I'm not sure Imp will be able to hear you amongst his legion of drooling fanboys. We could try and find the place on our own?"

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

As Ktala enjoyed her drink, she looked about the room. A wonderful smell was making her mouth water. After a bit of browsing, she noticed some rosted meat had been put out. It smelled postively devine at the moment.

"I could go for a dance as well," Nemisis said, just before PuslsarSkate had joined the merry group She spoke to Saintheart, but rose her glass for a cheers to everyone. Nemisis smiled and rose his glass, then drank his beverage.

"So, are we going to head into the band room?" He smiled, and stepped forward as if to lead the way, but not fully walking away.

Ktala was drawn to the lovely smell of the meal, and her wanting to dance, when she saw another person cross her vision. Reynar, whom she knew, along with another who she did not know. They both seemed to be searching for something as well. Ktala waved, catching Reynar's attention.

"You look a bit lost." she said, nodding a welcome to both him, and his friend. "There is some music playing over in Wilderness Hall. We were just about to check it out, and see what was playing." Ktala grinned. "Even though...that roasted whatever it is, is begining to catch my attention, just as much." she said, laughing abit. "It's nice to see that you made it. Did you just arrive?" She stopped herself. "Im being rude. Who is your friend?" she asked, wanting to meet a few new people as well.

TAG: Nemisis, DarthXan318, Saintheart, Pulsarskate, Reynar, Sey anyone else nearby

12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006

"See?" Reynar said to Sey, smiling at Ktala. "Told you I'd get accosted," he joked. "Ktala, this is Horsey, but we call her Sey. Sey, this is Ktala. You wouldn't happen to know where the dance hall is, would you Ktala? I'm kind of confused myself."

Tag: Sey, Ktala

13. Anabel_Skywalker

Anabel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    IC: Anabel

Feeling the tap on her shoulder, Ani swivels round "Sword! Hey good to see you!" Embracing the girl warmly, Ani can't help but smile as the coarse fabric Sword's trench coat rubs against her cheek.

Letting go of Sword, she turns her eyes onto Nick, appraising the similarly untraditional clothes he wore, and smirking. "Hey there, you look great! I hope you'll be taking good care of Sword tonight..."

Glancing over his shoulder she noticed another figure dithering about behind Sword, perhaps he was a little embarrassed. Hearing the mention of Eggnog and his disappearance into the parlour, she smiled conspiratorially at Sword.

"If you don't mind, I'll see you guys around later...have fun!" Draining her bottle of whiskey, she followed Brutus into the parlour, wondering how best to approach him. Eventually, she decided to throw all caution to the wind, acting on instinct.

"Hi Brutus! A fan of Eggnog eh? Well I'm a fan of dance, would you care to join me?"

Slipping her arm into his, she led the bewildered boy onto the dance floor in the Wilderness Hall...

TAG: Sword, Nick, Brutus

14. Anabel_Skywalker

May 26, 2005
    ack! double post, sorry [face_blush]

15. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    IC: Joss [Sword]

Joss grinned lightly as she saw Anabel follow after Brutus. Making Nick's car break down so he got here late was a good idea. A good idea indeed. Not that she'd tell him that. She turned back to her dark-haired date realizing that he had insulted her dressing style.

"Well sorry! I don't like balls or dresses! Especially when they're combined!"

She glared at Nick for several more seconds before turning on her heel and following Anabel and Brutus into the Dining Room. Brutus was right, eggnog sounded good. Especially when it was combined with food. That was the good thing about Balls, free food. She entered the Dining Room only to see Anabel lead a slightly confused Brutus onto the Dance floor. She loved stuff like this. She pulled a camera and took a quick picture of the two before walking over to the drinks table. Blackmail always did put a smile on her face.

OC: Nick, Anabel, Brutus, Darth Vader, Palpatine's monkey, anyone

16. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    IC: Brutus

"Hi Brutus! A fan of Eggnog eh? Well I'm a fan of dance, would you care to join me?"

Brutus sets down his glass of eggnog. "Ummmmm uh I may be a littttttlee intoxdvh intoxivasdlgj.....drunk." Brutus kinda staggered. Eggnog always took it out of him. "Ummmmm that ok?? Anabel....." Brutus grabs the wall to keep him from falling.

TAG: Anabel

17. Anabel_Skywalker

May 26, 2005
    IC: Anabel

Putting a fist in her mouth to stop herself from bursting into fits of giggles, Ani reached out a hand to steady Brutus, barely stopping him from staggering face-first into the wall into the wall in front of him.

"Brutus, Brutus... of course not, I'll take anyone dancing, drunk or sober. Although, I think in your case you're going to need some help just to stay upright! Here... put your arm around my shoulders, that's it, and now your other on my waist... Good, good... "

Wrapping her own arms around his chest and shoulders, she led them both firmly onto the dance floor, just as her favorite Xmas song was pumped out on the stereo. Jumping up and down (Brutus bounced along :D ) she twirled and spun and shook in time with the music, laughing wildly as Brutus tried to keep up with her in his inebriated state. Taking his hand, she spun round on the floor, rolling up and away from him, before returning to their original dance position.

...It's Chriiiiistmaaaaaas!...

And with that final scream from Noddy Holder, the Slade song was over. Ani sighed, gazing in content at her dance partner before her. For a short girl, she was strong, she had held Brutus up effortlessly all this time, who was now lolling on her arm. Leaning her chin on his drooping shoulder she noticed Joss hiding behind the drinks stand snapping a picture. Ani grinned. The opportunistic little crook! She'd get her back at some point before the night was up...

Shimmying over to her, she sat Brutus down on a chair, pulling up another to sit beside him. Smiling, she shouted over the din of the stereo to Joss.

"So when are you going to get that Nick out there with you? Hmmm?"

TAG: Brutus, Joss, Nick, Anyone else who fancies a dance

18. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    IC: Joss

Joss raised an eyebrow at Anabel and Brutus. Either Brutus was incredibly drunk or incredibly *ahem*. She opted for the former. Even guys who were amazingly hormone-fueled weren't likely to be hanging on girl that much. That and since Anabel wasn't pushing him off and slapping him, he was without a doubt drunk. At Anabel's question, she tilted her head slightly and glanced at Nick. He hadn't moved an inch. Grimacing in frustration at her date and partner-in-crime, she walked over to the chair next to Anabel and collapsed onto it. She closed her eyes, arguing with idiots always gave her a headache. After a few seconds she opened her eyes and decided to finally answer Anabel's question.

"Hmph, him? When he gets over his problems with my dressing style."

She glanced down at her crimson trenchcoat complete with an imprinted White Tiger on the back. Ok maybe it wasn't perfect Ball dress but at least her tunic and pants were clean and uniform. She sighed, this is what she got for wearing whatever she wanted. She slid a hand down the pockets of the trenchcoat and felt her camera. The deep pockets were useful though. She looked up at Anabel with a mischievous glint in her eye, her grin partly feral.

"So...what are you planning on doing with our obviously inebriated friend here?"

Tag: Anabel, Brutus, Nick, Anyone at all

19. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    IC: Tyler (GenOochy)
    Four kilometers out, a black '97 Jaguar XJ6 made a right at an intersection, ignoring the stop sign and with just a hint of the hand break, locked the wheels for a moment giving a slide to the vehicle's abrupt turn at over 45kph. The back end started to come about and fish tail, when the driver shifted down the automatic transmission to second and floored the V8 engine.

Loreena McKennitt's seven minute rendition of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen played over the stereo as the vehicle jumped from 40kph to over 115 in seconds, wheels spinning a tad faster that the Jag' was moving for a few seconds on the wet pavement. Posted limit was 80, and the Jag had dropped down to just above 105 to make the curves in the winding two-lane. It t'was the night before Christmas, the pigs better be at home with the kids.

The driver, for all his edgy driving, he was dressed for the occasion. A deep maroon, velvet waist coat, covered his black silk shirt and cravat, and was un-tucked from his matching black pants. In the passenger seat his knee-length frock coat was folded around a simple onyx black staff. Really, a little black never hurt anyone. Of course, knowing this crowd, he'd probably fit right in.

The track changed on the stereo switched to Undrentide by the Mediæval Bæbes group, just as we nearing the plantation. He took another right, with a bit more control and ease and drove up to the front of the house. He parked, and turned the British luxury car off, before fetching his coat and cane. He opened the glove box and took out his .38 revolver, tossing the cylnder open to check his count and then clicking back into place. Friendly party, he was sure, but never go without protection; not with enemies about for sure. Stepping out, he put on the coat and tucked the revolver into his waist in the back. He clicked the key-remote and the car beeped twice and locked. Dress and ready, he made his way into the house.

Through the door and into the foyer. He handed his bowler hat to the staff, but opted to keep the frock coat. He headed straight into the dining room. He grabbed a quick cup of coffee, with a shot of Amaretto. Taking it with him he headed across the hallway into the Wilderness Hall. He paused just inside the door to observe the surroundings, before making his way to the left side of the room to stand and sip his spiked coffee.

Tag: Any

20. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    IC: Elora

Excusing herself politely from her partners side as she heard a recognizable car engine, Elora hurried to the front to find Tyler tossing his bowler to a nearby servant.

"Tyler!"

This man was like a dear brother. Playing an important role in both her sister's as well as her own life. She grinned brightly having not spoken or heard from him in the past month or so.

"How are you on this fine evening, dear friend?"

She nodded her head politely.

TAG: Tyler

21. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    IC: Tyler
    He took another sip of his coffee, when a voice caught his ear, and he saw his old friend, Elora. She had on the Ritz, for sure, in a dress that was just slightly on the provocative side, yet complimented her nicely. He sat down his coffee and cane on one of the tables, and took one of her hands and gave a kiss to the back of it.

"Bonjour, mademoiselle. I am quite well. And yourself and..." He spied her white suited date. "...your date? How are the two of you?"

22. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Nick

Nick watched after Joss as she left, utterly confused. He had not meant to insult her. He watched as she took a picture of Brutus and Anibel, then as she began to talk with Anabel. Joss glanced towards him, then away. Her back to him. He made up his mind. He walked quietly over to her, and wrapped his arms around her, placing his hands on hers and hoping he wasn't going to get slapped. He whispered in her ear. "You look wonderful. Now, dance with me." He waited for her response.

TAG: Joss, others.

Can't resist. :p

23. KraytDragon90

KraytDragon90 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    IC: Nathan

The young man walked slowly through the entrance and shook his head. How he was ever talked into this he'd never guess. He glanced down at his attire and shrugged. Some may disaprove, but nothing short of a bribe would get him in anything more formal. Forgoing the traditional formal wear, he chose to appear in black slacks and a typical deep red shirt. Throw a black formalish jacket over this and he looked perfectly...goth. Too bad, happens often enough. He patted his jacket to insure the small Desert Eagle was secure and walked in.

He narrowed his eyes as he viewed his surroundings before smiling menacingly as he spotted his 'foe'. He snagged a hot tea and walked over to the man. "How goes the revolution, my friend?"

TAG:Tyler

24. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    IC: Tyler
    Before Elora responded, another face walked up to him.

"How goes the revolution, my friend?" He said, this was Tyler's 'wingmate' of sorts, 'Defender-of-the-Queen' Nathan.

"We've got a blimp in the air and more cash-flow than the establishment. Pretty frakin' well, I'd say." Making a plug for his 'revolutionary' presidential candidate. "How you been doing, mate? Want to take a trip back up to Freeport Nine?" He said, making a reference to their inside joke.

25. KraytDragon90

KraytDragon90 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    IC: Nathan

Nathan laughed lightly. There's Tyler for you, always looking towards Anarchy, politics, and destruction to a fact. "I'd just as soon not as you know. Who knows what reprobates inhabit that place now." He chuckled again and took a sip of his tea. Freeport Nine....not a pleasant place to say the least. "Beyond that, doing good. I don't know if you noticed, but we missed our chance. He left early and I'm not sure if he plans to return to our fair land." He shook his head ruefully and took another sip from his tea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.