1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Role Playing Community's Second Annual Christmas / Winter Ball

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenOochy Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Tyler
    "I'd just as soon not as you know. Who knows what reprobates inhabit that place now." Nathan said.

"As of last I checked, the frakin' Immys have it. Yeah, things are messed up on that server. All the edgeworlds are taken by clans like the Zombies and Immys." He said, speaking of a video game they both had played together in the past.

"Beyond that, doing good. I don't know if you noticed, but we missed our chance. He left early and I'm not sure if he plans to return to our fair land." Nathan continued. Tyler paused, actually unsure of what he meant.

"Errr, who?"

2. KraytDragon90 Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Nathan

Nathan almost growled when he heard of the Immys. Blasted people were still alive?! "You must be kriffin kiddin me! Those mirosiks haven't been blasted off the server yet?" He shook his head in disbelief. Surely Tyler knew of whom he spoke of. It's not like they exactly avoided the subject. "What do ya mean, who? The man who's sudden proximity to the Queen is startling at best." He hesitated a second before continuing. "She spoke of him slightly last time I talked with her."
  3. GenOochy Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Tyler
    "Oh, gotcha--." Tyler began, recognizing the identity. Then the light bulb exploded in his head of what his younger friend was saying.

"Frakin' hell! No way. You are kidding right?"

Tag: Nathan, Elora
  4. KraytDragon90 Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Nathan

"Not kidding at all. Wish I was." Nathan slumped slightly in shame. "She mentioned months ago that he would be visting there for the holidays and eluded that he may in fact just stay instead of moving in March." He sighed lightly and continued on. "I didn't think she was serious. But have hope, there was mention of 'meeting the parents'. Maybe we'll get our shot then."
  5. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala
    The Dining Room

Ktala smiled. "Im being rude. Who is your friend?" she asked, wanting to meet a few new people as well. Reynar walked over towards them. "See?" Reynar said to his companion, as he walked up, smiling at Ktala. "Told you I'd get accosted," he joked. Ktala raised an eyebrow, giving a soft snort.

"Ktala, this is Horsey, but we call her Sey. Sey, this is Ktala. You wouldn't happen to know where the dance hall is, would you Ktala? I'm kind of confused myself."

"There is some music playing over in Wilderness Hall. We were just about to check it out, and see what was playing." Ktala grinned. Im pretty sure we can find something." Ktala then turned to look at the person Reynar called, Horsey. She smiled, while thinking of reasons WHY they might call her Horsey, before she finally just shook her head. "Hello Sey, Im Ktala. Glad to meet you. So, you know Reynar hmm? You have my condolences." she gave a wink, and chuckled softly.

"Come one, grab a drink, and lets check out the Hall, and see what music is playing, shall we?" she offered.

TAG: Nemisis, DarthXan318, Saintheart, Pulsarskate, Reynar, Sey anyone else nearby

6. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Yuul Shamar

As more and more people arrived Yuul watched, he recognized some but in most cases barely even heard of some. For now he enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries.

Tag
  7. Jedi_Allegra Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Elora and Mark (since he's already gone.) :p

Elora smiled sweetly as Tyler planted a sweet, friendly, kiss upon the back of her hand. He had always been a bit on the old fashioned side, yet it was what made him, unique, made him, Tyler. Before she could answer his question another familiar face joined them.

"Hello, Nathan."

Nodding politely she caught a quick glance at a small mantel clock on top of one of the many fireplaces. If they didn't leave now Mark would be late for his plane.

"Excuse me, gentlemen."

Excusing herself she made her way to her date's side once again and pardoned herself as she cut in.

"We must go, otherwise you'll miss your plane." Her hand graced his arm.

"Ah yes. Family calls." Turning to Saintheart he put out a warm hand in which the two shook.

"Good to see you again, mate." Nodding politely and taking his leave, Mark took Elora's hand kissed it sweetly and tucked it under his arm once again as they made their way to the entrance.

As expected a butler stood ready with his coat, which confused the young woman ever so slightly. Noticing her confusion Mark put in.

"I really don't want you to miss the party. I want you to stay and have fun, alright sweetheart?"

As always Elora looked worried.

"I'll be fine, my dear. Honest." He smiled and kissed her cheek sweetly.

Elora nodded and smiled, "You're going to be late, my love. You better get going. Have fun alright?"

He grinned brightly as he made his way down the steps towards the Rolls Royce which was conveniently brought into the round-a-bout driveway. "I will, you take care, sweetheart. I'll keep in touch." Mark began to enter the car, then stopped, jogged up the steps and took her into his arms and kissed her once more, adding, "You look beautiful tonight, as always."

Her eyes sparkled as she watched him get into the car and she waved as the car drove off and out towards the local airport. It was then she noticed the chilly night air. Wrapping her arms around herself she made her way into the party once again and looked around for more familiar faces, not spotting any, she made her way over to Tyler and Nathan.

"Sorry about that." She smiled apologetically.

Tag: Tyler, Nathan.

8. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IC: DarthXan318

The Dining Hall

"Hey Reynar, Sey - I'm Xan. Think I've run into you two elsewhere before." Xan smiled at the two of them, lifting her glass by way of greeting. Reynar she was sure she'd seen in passing at Hooper's and she was equally sure she knew Sey from somewhere else. The Galactic Center, probably; one of those places she really should drop by more often. But that was neither here nor there.

Introductions having been exchanged, Ktala said, "Come on, grab a drink, and lets check out the Hall, and see what music is playing, shall we?"

"Let's," Xan agreed, stepping after Nem. The roast pheasant smelled rather good, but she wasn't quite hungry enough for that yet. "I think they're playing Jingle Bells now," she added absently, as an aside.

TAG: Ktala, Nemisis, Reynar, s65horsey, peoples nearby - Pulsar? Saintheart?
  9. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Rilwen_Shadowflame

She was late in arriving. That much, she knew. But then, the diminutive redhead had been in two minds about turning up at all. Finally deciding, she'd showed. Now, Rilwen strolled in as casually as possible, wearing an ankle-length green dress and her favourite dichroic glass necklace. The dress, being sleeveless and v-necked, showed off rather more pale skin than was normally displayed- nothing indecent, but a little more daring than her usually complete covering. The sandals on her feet also revealed pale skin...and turquoise-painted toenails. Actually, it was enough to make her glad that an invisible pocket of warm air surrounded her- she wasn't an Aussie RPer for nothing, and there were a few privileges that could be accessed...for those who knew the roleplaying tricks.

Rilwen wandered around, looking for anyone she knew. She spotted Ktala, Nemisis and a few others, and walked over. "Hi!" She was grinning broadly...and pulled out a few chocolates. "Anyone want some? Sorry, I'm feeling a tad hyper right now." Another grin, and a few bouncy steps. "Bet you could tell, even if I didn't tell you."

Tag: Nem, Ktala, whoever
  10. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Brutus

Brutus is thrust down into a chair. He gives a blank stair for a moment before leaning foward and falling into a bowl of pudding, asleep.

TAG: Anabel, Joss, Nick
  11. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: greyjedi125

So, after much deliberation, a few cups of eggnog, a slice of homemade rum cake and a very perssuasive PM from a close friend, greyjedi125 finally decided to make a last minute appearance to His Majesty Imperial Hammer's Second Annual Christmas Ball.

Last year's affair had been a pleasant one, thus he had no doubt that this year's celebration would be just as pleasant, save for the fact that he was overworked. Perhaps that was the more reason to go.

Deep in thought as usual, greyjedi mused as to what visage he should don. Last year he went as one of the three Magi, Melchior to be more specific. This year...hmmm. There was a moment's pause before an idea finally blossomed. A Kiffar! Of course!

It didn't take much time for greyjedi to dress himself as a kiffar. The outfit was simple. A light grey suit with navy blue trim. Nice and sharp, though not exactly the colours of the season. His shoulder length locks, he would put in a pony tail. It was always a pain when long dreadlocks swung around every time he looked this way or that and they accidentaly hit people standing close to him. This way, they would not cause any problems.

Satisfied with his outfit, greyjedi headed out into the frigid winter evening and made his way to the Ball. It was time to put DRL on pause and enjoy a bit of relaxation.

The trip to this year's event was thankfully, uneventful. An adventurer needed some peace and quiet now and then, after all. As he got out of the carriage, greyjedi smiled as he took note of the beautifully decorated grounds and the magnificent edifice. Imperial Hammer always had style and certainly knew how to throw a party.

After tipping the carriage driver, greyjedi made his way into the mansion, where he gave his coat to a most courteous and attentive attendant. He immediately felt himself relax as he saw a good number of people having a good time. He didn't recognize most of them, unlike last year, but that wasn't important. They were all here for the same reason. Grey smiled as a few passed by and wished him 'Happy Holidays'.

"Thank you, and Happy Hoidays to you as well." he said in response before setting off. His ear had caught the sound of music, and that's where he needed to go. Now and a again someone from the wait-staff would pass by and offer him a drink, which he would politely decline. He already had enough to drink for the evening and there was no need to overindulge.

Still he continued forward, politely smiling and nodding whenever necessary to those he encountered, though they remained unfamiliar. Then finally he saw familiar faces in the distance. His smile broadened.

Amongst those he saw at a glance were, Darth Xan, Darth Nemesis, Saintheart, Reynar Tedros, Jedi Allegra, Rilwen and Ktala. Wow. Quite a gathering indeed. Where to begin. Everyone semed to be busy at the moment.

Grey chuckled happily to himself and smoothly made his way towards the red headed female in green and her friend. He waved as he went, imparting well wishes upon those who noticed him.

"Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New year."

At last, he came to stand before the two females.

"Good evening your Majesties, Lady Rilwen aand Lady Ktala. It is always good to see you both. I hope this evening finds you in good spirits."

greyjedi125 bowed deeply to both Rilwen and Ktala, then righted himself and graced them with the best charismatic smile he could muster.

Tag: Rilwen, Ktala, anyone nearby ( I tried keeping it small.... :p )
  12. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala
    Dining Room

Ktala smiled. "Come on, grab a drink, and lets check out the Hall, and see what music is playing, shall we?"

"Let's," Xan agreed, stepping after Nem. "I think they're playing Jingle Bells now," she added. Ktala nodded. "I dont care. As long as its music."

As the group began to move, Ktala noticed another person that she recognized, heading for them. She stopped and smiled, as she noticed the beautiful green dress heading their way.

Rilwen walked over. "Hi!" She was grinning broadly...and pulled out a few chocolates. "Anyone want some? Sorry, I'm feeling a tad hyper right now." Another grin, and a few bouncy steps. "Bet you could tell, even if I didn't tell you."

With a laugh, Ktala turned slightly, pointing out the huge chocolate fountain behind her. She then smiled. "Join the group!" she said with a giggle. "Im planning for Death by Chocolate, by the time the night is over." she added with a nod. "We're just about to head over to see what music is playing. Care to join us?"

Before a response could be uttered, another person spoke up. "Good evening your Majesties, Lady Rilwen and Lady Ktala. It is always good to see you both. I hope this evening finds you in good spirits."

Ktala turned, and then broke into a wide grin. GreyJedi! And he was dressed to impress, as always. Greyjedi125 bowed deeply to both Rilwen and Ktala, then righted himself and graced them with the best charismatic smile he could muster.

Ktala returned the bow with a low curtsy. She then stood up, laughing softly. "Oooo! I wondered if you were going to show. Glad to see that you finally made it."
    She then gave him a wink. "You owe me a dance from last year, you know..."[/i] She then reached over a gave him a warm hug. "Well, come on. Food is over there. Saintheart brought over some WONDERFUL spirits...and there is a heavenly chocolate fountain back behind us." Ktala tilted her head slightly. "We were just about to check out the music playing in Wilderness Hall."[/i]

Ktala dipped another strawberry in chocolate, as she waited for Grey to catch his breath.

TAG: Xan, Greyjedi, Nemisis, Reynar, s65horsey, Rilwen, peoples nearby - Pulsar? Saintheart?
  13. ewok_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IC: EJ

Having just returned from a recent trip there was no doubt in his mind that he would be late, then again being late was nothing new for him either ? Beyond even arriving late though had been his indecision on whether or not to show up at all, had it not been for the likely hood of some close friends showing the idea of coming would have been dismissed with out a second thought. With the slight hope of seeing a good friend he had decided to come, all though more realistically all he would do is show up find no one he knew and leave. With a sigh he pulled hood of his black cloak tighter around his head, making sure it would hide his face from any prying eyes, and ventured into Mistletoe Plantation ?

TAG: any one around
  14. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6

"Join the group! Im planning for Death by Chocolate, by the time the night is over. We're just about to head over to see what music is playing. Care to join us?"

Rilwen nodded cheerily, just as someone else walked over. Greyjedi, dressed to impress, and equipped with his usual courtesies.

"Good evening your Majesties, Lady Rilwen and Lady Ktala. It is always good to see you both. I hope this evening finds you in good spirits."

The redhead watched as Ktala greeted Grey enthusiastically, and waited for enough of a pause to speak. "Great to see you." Rilwen grinned broadly. "I'd throw a few titles your way in return, but I've had too much sugar to be dignified." She laughed. "No spirits needed, good or bad...chocolate's enough," she joked, playing off his 'good spirits' comment.

Tag: Grey, Ktala, others
  15. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    IC: Sey

"Hey Reynar, Sey - I'm Xan. Think I've run into you two elsewhere before."

"Xany!!! From the GC! That's where you've seen me before." Sey bounced excitedly. She always enjoyed seeing people she knew from the EUC here. "I haven't been around much over there lately though," she finished off sadly.

"See I told you I'd get accosted."

Sey laughed at Reynar. "I'm used to it with Sinre. Happens all the time." Now that there were more people that wanted to dance she asked, "Why don't we all walk around and someone yell out when they find the dance floor, since Imp's adoring fanboys won't allow us close enough for him to hear us?"

Giggling at the last, she set off around the dance floor. Hopefully Rilwen, Ktla, and Reynar would join her in searching this mansion. Wandering past the drink table again, she noticed some people gathered near it. There was a knot of three guys who were standing around near the punch bowl and one was pulling a suspicious looking item from inside his jacket pocket. Sey thought she'd have to check the punch out later as it might be more fun now.

Sey stepped through a hallway and entered into Wilderness Hall, staring up in awe at the gorgeous tree located there. The lights reflected off of the decorations and caused the tree to sparkle and shimmer as Sey looked at it. She stood there completely mesmerized, her eyes wide.

Tag: Reynar, Xany, Ktla, Rilwen, anyone in Wilderness Hall/>
  16. Thrawn1786 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Rachel

Rachel smiled a little at Max's kissing her hand. Quite the charmer...which is good, it makes him unique. "Yes, I've been serving in some capacity in the Senate for a while," she replied. "I used to not like politics, but I think the kind found in the EUC is somewhat fun."

Noticing Sinre, and not wanting to seem rude, she slightly turned
    away from Max, hoping he'd realize she wasn't ignoring him, merely saying hello to an old friend.

"He does know how to attract one's attention," Rachel answered Sinre's statement, trying not to laugh at the expressions on Max's and Kahn's faces. "and that you are, bro...almost like a watchdog." She winked at him, wondering what he'd think of being compared to such.

Tag: Max, Sinre, Kahn
  17. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Kahn

"Indeed sis, though i'm far more picky about who i bite." He grinned wondering if she'd get the joke.

Tag: Rachel, max, sinre
  18. Thrawn1786 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Rachel

Knowing exactly what he meant, Rachel started snickering, much to the bemusement of her companions. She gave Kahn a mischievous look and said quietly, "So...when are we going to 'stir up' things?"

Tag: Kahn, Sinre, Max
  19. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Kahn

"When Max decides Exactly what it is we will be doing." Kahn looked at max and crossed his arms. "So master of mischief. What will we be doing?"

Tag: Max, Rachel, Sinre
  20. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: greyjedi125

Dining Room

"Good evening your Majesties, Lady Rilwen and Lady Ktala. It is always good to see you both. I hope this evening finds you in good spirits." greyjedi125 intoned charmingly to the two beautiful ladies before him and graced them with a charismatic smile after bowing.

Ktala turned, and then broke into a wide grin. She then returned the bow with a low curtsy. As she rose, she laughed softly.

"Oooo! I wondered if you were going to show. Glad to see that you finally made it." She said, giving him a wink. "You owe me a dance from last year, you know..." Greyjedi smiled and nodded knowingly as she reached over a gave him a warm hug, which he returned.

"Well, come on. Food is over there. Saintheart brought over some WONDERFUL spirits...and there is a heavenly chocolate fountain back behind us." Ktala tilted her head slightly. Greyjedi's eyebrows went up at the site of the fountain. It was pure liquid temptation.

"We were just about to check out the music playing in Wilderness Hall."

"Oh...why, certainly." He managed to responde after tearing his eyes off the chocolate fountain. Just as he did so, Rilwen spoke.

"Great to see you." Rilwen grinned broadly. "I'd throw a few titles your way in return, but I've had too much sugar to be dignified." She laughed and greyjedi chuckled along with her. Rilwen's mood was positively infectuous. "No spirits needed, good or bad...chocolate's enough," she joked, playing off his 'good spirits' comment.

"I'll make sure to keep that in mind." greyjedi asserted with a smile as he put out both arms, one for each lady.

"May I have the honor of escorting you both?"

Though he'd come late, the evening was off to a good start. Grey hoped that this year he would actually get to dance with Ktala, and that perhaps by some miracle, his good friend LightSide Apprentice would suprise them all and put in a last minute appearance.

If not, he'd have to hear all about it afterwards. Eitherway, there was a party to be had and it was time to get it going.

Tag: Rilwen, Ktala, any :)

21. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    Mistletoe Plantation Events

Dining Room
    * A butler comes in with a tray carrying five bottles of champagne, ranging in types from brut to dolce, to be enjoyed by the guests.

Parlor
    * A maid brings in a big box of streamers, party hats, kazoos, and things marked with "Happy 2008"

Wilderness Hall
    * The band starts playing "Baby its Cold Outside" with the lead singer pulling off a very good Bing Crosby impersonation.

Hall / Antechamber
    * A team of butlers start hanging up streamers for the New Year.

TAG: All
  22. Jerjerrod-Lennox Force Ghost

star 7
    IC: JLennox

Hoping to at least find some people she knew here Lennox enetred the Mistleteo Plantation, straightening the tunic of her Imperial uniform as she did so.

She had spotted a person in a black cloak entering the Plantation itself, she hoped possibly it was someone she recognised.

Lennox enetred, keeping an eye out for anyone, and stood by herself against the wall, folding her arms arcross her chest and seeing who would approach her.

TAG: EJ, All.
  23. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6

"May I have the honor of escorting you both?"

"If Ktala agrees, then you certainly may, because I am." Rilwen rested a hand on the arm extended to her, and looked over at Ktala. "Is he doing this to show off, do you think?" she joked. "One is courtesy. Two is status." She looked back to Grey, tilting her head up to speak to him, owing to her lack of height. "Not to cast aspersions on your motives or anything....but having multiple motivations is something I'm pretty surre you learned same place I did." She was referring to their Trials time...Sith teachings were educational that way.

She mock-sighed. "This isn't quite as exciting as last time. Last time, I superglued an Ewok into tutu, wings and halo, and secured him on top of the tree with duct tape. Remind me to show you the photos sometime. Well, he was causing trouble..." Rilwen laughed and shook her head.

Tag: Ktala, grey, others
  24. SwordoftheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Joss

"You look wonderful. Now, dance with me."

Joss felt Nick behind her. She kept perfectly still, having an inner battle with herself. Part of her DID want to dance with him but the other part of her quite favored slapping him. She sighed in frustration and whirled out of his grip, still holding one of his hands. Sending him a mischievous little grin she started to walk towards the dance floor but not before pausing to whisper in his ear.

"Tread carefully, buddy boy. Be happy I'm in a good mood."

She sent him another grin, she dragged him with her to the dance floor. Maybe this one time, dancing wouldn't be SO bad. At least she had a cute partner.

Tag: Nick, others
  25. Sith-I-5 Chosen One

star 5
    IC: Sith-I-5

Sithy was startled out of his what-to-wear thought processes by the laptop blurting out a statement in the voice of Aliens actor Bill Paxton.

Movement!

Sithy frowned down at the computer, seeing the front display change to the blue ping-echo readout on a Colonial Marine hand scanner.

?What sort of movement??

Can?t lock in.

?Talk to me, Hudson.?

Double-Oh-Seven.

Ooh. Sithy?s eyebrows raised in surprise. ?Someone from 007 is here?? The computer was indicating that a fellow player from the Dubya Scott series of ?Star Wars?007 Style? games was here!

?Don?t suppose you know who.?

Rilwen Shadowflame

He grinned, recalling the pretty redhead from last year?s ball, who had worn an seasonal Elf costume, and then changed out of it, and he hadn?t realised it was the same girl.

?Okay, I will be right along; so what do you think, go as Agent 47, or myself??

As it happened, since he had identified himself at the door as Ankh Morpock City Watch, he rejoined the party as Sergeant Detritus, the troll member of Discworld?s premier police force. Big gold breastplate, apparently worn previously worn by a siege elephant, a Roman-style helmet, and carrying a crossbow, loaded with the shafts of several arrows tied together.
    Oh, and sandals. Can?t forget the sandals.

?This isn't quite as exciting as last time. Last time, I superglued an Ewok into tutu, wings and halo, and secured him on top of the tree with duct tape. Remind me to show you the photos sometime. Well, he was causing trouble...?

He heard the voice, echoing from one of the rooms, and heard her laugh. Now where in Hapes was she?

Tag: no-one, or anyone
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.