main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Role Playing Community's Third Annual Christmas / Winter Ball

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Jag4Me

The little group of pilots walked through the beautifully decorated lobby. They entered the lounge where they saw Mister_Master decked out in his holiday finery and singing "Jingle Bells".

Cambria stifled a giggle. ?Well... Looks like we're just in time for the fun,? she grinned, wondering what kind of mischief they could get in to.

"We certainly are", Jag said. She selected a glass of holiday punch from one of the passing waiters, Jag and the others clinked their glasses together toasting the season and friendship.

"So, should we see if Mister_Master takes requests or do we join him and sing?", she asked Sabre with a mischievous smile.

Tag: Sabre, Cam, Hermit, Adam, Becca

2. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    IC: Sabre

Standing at the bottom of the ramp with Hermit and Adam close by, Sabre took a moment to take in his surroundings. The GFM Hotel was as elegant as it was monstrous, and one could only imagine how much work went into constructing the winter paradise.

Hearing a little "Ahem." from Adam gave Sabre the warning to swing around on his heel just in time to see Jag and Cam begin striding down the ramp.

Wow He thought, making sure his jaw didnt drop. They look absolutely gorgeous

But he would never say that out loud. Everyone may like to call him a lady killer, but on the inside he was as nervous as a school boy around the opposite sex.

As the ladies reached the bottom of the ramp, Hermit leant over to kiss Cambria's hand and Sabre offered a small bow of the head before taking Jag's arm. As he bowed he muttered under his breath "You old smoothie." but too quietly for Hermit to hear.

As the group wandered into the hotel lobby, Sabre smiled as the sound of Mister_Master's hearty rendition of 'Jingle Bells' reached his ears.

Taking a sip out of his glass, Sabre took a glance at the entrance to see what Adam was up to. He had taken a call and from this distance his expression looked rather serious. A small but firm tug on his arm brought his attention back to Jag and the rest of the group.

"So, should we see if Mister_Master takes requests or do we join him and sing?", asked Jag, her trademark mischievous smile ever present on her face.

Considering it for a moment, Sabre looked at his glass and replied "Maybe after a few more of these," offering his own mischievous grin in her direction.

TAG: Jag, Cam, Hermit, anyone else

3. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    IC: Lukes_Apprentice
    Arriving fashionably late he straightened his tie and his coat. At the door he produced his invitation to one of the security guards. This was his first christmas ball and he was here to make an impression. Over the past couple of month he had finally found his place in the role playing community and had been surprised when he won the most eager newbie award. He steeped in from what was becoming chilly night. He walked into the hall and tried to find some of the people he knew would probably be there.
    TAG: everyone

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Penguinator
    The Golden Hall

My stomach growled in agreement with Xany. "Yeah, I'm pretty hungry too. Where's the food hiding itself?"

Slowly but surely, more and more people were showing up, and the party was starting. I had a sudden craving for egg nog and hot chocolate and cinnamon buns and Christmas cookies...I'd have to get that sorted out soon.

Tag: Saint, Xany, Ktala, all

5. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    IC: Thrawn1786

Thrawn had finished gawking at the lobby when she heard very enthusiastic singing. Turning to look for the source, she couldn't help but break out into a grin upon discovering her former apprentice was the culprit.

"M_M!" she called out, walking towards him. "How have you been?"

Tag: Mister_Master

6. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: JediMasterAnne
    Lobby, GFM hotel

There were a lot of unfamiliar faces around the Christmas/Winter ball this year, Anne noted as she stepped inside the GFM hotel lobby. She knew many of those in attendance, if only by reputation, but there were just as many present that she didn't recognize.

Nervously pushing her glasses back up her nose, she shifted her attention away from the crowd of guests to her rather lavish surroundings. She'd attended the ball the previous two years as well, if only briefly, and while both prior locations had been quite dazzling, they were nothing compared to this place. Gardens, a conservatory, bar and lounge...Anne could think of no better reaction than "wow," but wow seemed to sum it up nicely.

A butler appeared next to her, holding out his hand in silent offer to take her coat, which she gladly shed--Anne hated that coat, but it served its purpose. Underneath the coat, she was wearing a sleeveless, cowl-neck dress, made of dark blue velvet. The loose skirt was great for twirling (though she wasn't really much of a dancer--her flexibility left something to be desired, and her balance and coodination were occasionally absent) and the hem was asymetrical from one side to the other. Anne had opted for a pair of black ballet flats as opposed to heels, and her wavy brown hair was pulled back in a topsy-tail. Her only jewelry consisted of a silver bracelet on her left wrist, and a pair of rings.

As the butler left with her coat, Anne ventured out of the lobby and into the Villaro bar, where she helped herself to a cup of hot chocolate and began to wander about, searching for familiar faces.

Tag: Any

7. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Mister_Master

Mister_Master turned to see who called his name, and was surprised to see his old Master.

"M_M!" she called out, walking towards him. "How have you been?"

"I have been awesome." He answered. "How about you?" He asked in return.

8. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    IC: Jen

Jen's heart skipped a beat, and her stomach clenched as Chuckles stared into her eyes and she back into his. This was a moment of greatness, a moment that was just right, a moment that time stood still. Jen felt great in his arms, she breathed in his smell, felt his touch that sent electricity up her body and just got lost in his amazing embrace. Jen's mind was spinning wildly and all troubles in the world totally forgotten, all she cared about right now was that she was with the guy she loved and that's all that mattered.

Jen smiled back and couldn't resist his perfect smile, she loved seeing him smile, it just sent shivers down her spine and heart would've stopped beating. She squealed inside and just wanted to jump on him again, but she controlled herself.

Jen stared at him and said, "There's no way that I would skip this, especially skip being with someone as great as you." Jen blushed and sighed. She put her hand on his face and stroked it, she loved feeling his soft skin, and she loved tracing his beautiful lips. "How could I not know you? We've been with each other for a while."

Jen was estatic when she got pulled into another hug by Chuckles, "mmmm" she said aloud and just squeezed him tight not wanting to let go, ever. "Yes, I guess we should, why don't we go slow dancing?" she asked, holding his hand.

Tag: Chuckles

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sith-I-5, and backup: Mitch Nifesta, Fenlaka Zula, Rodney McKay.

The liquid-like event horizon dissipated in the wake of the Monkeybot?s emergence into what, to the casual, and slightly cynical observer of a certain generation, looked like Little House on the Prairie territory.
    Her inhabitants were anything but!

The hexa-pedal (got sick of saying six-legged) armoured monstrousity slowed to a halt, several hundred metres from the stargate.
    It took the passengers, crowded into the cramped cabin with Sithy, forty-five metres above the ground, a few moments to realise that their creator had stopped moving, and was just staring out the panoramic forward viewport.

Mitch, the older twi?lek, followed Sithy?s gaze, and noted about a dozen female humans milling about, doing Western things, lassoing cattle, bringing in the hay, standing in groups chatting.
    All wore short stylised boots that came up to mid-calf in little V-rims, short denim skirts in light blue, short-sleeved tops, and either pink or lemon yellow Stetsons.

McKay looked from the women back up to Sith-I-5?s enraptured form. ?Oh my God; I?m riding with Kirk!?

Fen also looked out, having to hoist himself onto the sill of the window to do so, leaning sideways against the transparisteel. ?You know, if this pashatemur is in trousers when we go to pick her up, it?ll just be the four of us going.? Fen prophesied.

?Don?t be so sure,? Mitch countered seriously, springing to the RP-er?s defence. ?The bond between Sith and his GM is stronger than that. The mutual respect of two great and inventive writers-?

?Ooh, look at that, ? McKay interrupted, nearby movement catching his eye. ?holographic cheerleaders. ? Sure enough, an unseen holoprojector in the ceiling somewhere was projecting the moving image of line of five scantily clad girls with those wierd pom-pom things.
    ?Give us a B; give us a U; give us an L.? They were doing handsprings and high kicks as a second L and an S were added, Mitch moving fast to clap pale white hands over Fen?s ears before the twelve-year old heard the rest of the chant.

The scientist snapped his fingers before Sithy?s face. ?Hey, focus! ?

?What? What is it?? The cheerleaders faded as the roleplayer blinked awake. ?Where's the fire??

?We?re on Dixie.?

?Oh, the jokes just write themselves today.?

?Oh har-de-har.? Snapped the Canadian irritably, turning back towards Sithy, ?Look, do you know where this girl of yours is based, or not??

For the first time, Sith-I-5 looked doubtful. ?Not exactly. I was just going to look for the Disney Palace with a picture of Hayden Christiansen being projected up the front.?

?Uh, guys??

Sithy and the others followed Fen?s voice and gaze out the port, as an obsidian-black craggy MOUNTAIN materialised out of thin air, cutting off the natural light streaming in through the port.

?Krull.? Rodney breathed, shock and amazement tinging his voice.

?Hey! Watch the language round the boy.? Mitch nodded down to the purple head still clamped between his large palms.

Sithy leaned forwards to see if he could see the top of the rocky face just metres from his nose.
    ?No, he?s referring to the film Krull. 1980s fantasy movie with the Black Fortress, a mountain that appears somewhere on your planet, sits around for twenty-four hours, then disappear to re-appear elsewhere. Stops enemies organising to storm it.? He sighed, remembering the inhuman guardians of the evil lair. ?I hate Slayers. That horrible scream when you kill them. Awright, break out the P-90s, looks like we are going to have to go in and rescue her. She better be dressed.?

Tag: Pashatemur

10. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    IC:Thrawn1786

"I've been busy," she replied truthfully, opening her arms for a hug. "School's just about worn me down. Good thing we have this party for a perk-up! Have you seen this place?"

Tag: Mister_Master

11. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    IC: Hermit

"So, should we see if Mister_Master takes requests or do we join him and sing?", she asked Sabre with a mischievous smile.

Almost at once, soft romantic music began playing. Hermit smiled and sat down his glass. "Neither." He held out his hand to Cambria. "Would you do me the honor of having this dance?"

Tag: Cam, Any

12. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Imperial_Hammer

As Imperial_Hammer was chatting with General_Blacklegion, Nicklityouaflame, and Blubeast, he couldn't help but notice a prominent group of EUCers that had made the trip over to the Ball. In the spirit of interboard fellowship, the invite list for the Ball was a little larger this year, and the Moddess from the EUC, Sey, had sanctioned the RPF's Ball as EUC's as well. Hammer himself was happy for this. He himself started off in EUC, at the now very dusty Blue Moon Cantina. They were good people over there, and he would be happy to entertain them.

"If you'll excuse me gentlemen." Hammer said, "I will see you alls a little later on in the Lounge. Please, enjoy yourselves!"

Hammer wandered back a few steps to the Ballroom, noticing a few EUCers were there. They seemed anxious to get a slow dance going, and the band, Hammer knew, would be happy to comply. I_H couldn't help but grin... kids these days. Ha ha! It was good to see then so happy.

His thoughts floated back to his own special date. He wondered if the great NaboosPrincess would be making an appearance at this ball or not. She had... been gone for a long time from this neck of the woods. It was sometimes lonely without her around. The RPF definitely lost some of its grandeur when she decided to retire from the Mod business.

Hm.

He noticed Marna_Veign (my goodness!) and Prenn and was about to go and greet them... but then.....

Hammer's attention zeroed in on his original patch of VIP's... seemingly cast adrift in this group of new RPers and EUCers.

Well we can't have that! Everyone needs to have a good time here!

He gave the two a wave and shouted hello before swooping over to where Saint, Xan, Ktala, and Peng were standing.

"Hey hey you alls!" he said, smiling, "What are you all up to just standing around for? Surely you must be hungry? Or perhaps you're looking for a more quiet place? These both can be arranged!"

He gave a grin and looked over his shoulder. He mock whispered to the group...

"The EUCers are going to start slow-dancing soon anyway, and believe you me, you don't around here for that." he joked.

TAG: Saint, Xan, Ktala, Peng, Prenn, Marna_Veign and NP!

13. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    IC: Lukes_Apprentice
    ~Looby~
    HE had been looking around at the beautfull setting for the ball for to long and had not seen anybody the thought he recognized maybe someone would recognize him. He was so new around the boards he wondered if anybody would recognize him in his suit that was a traditional tux. It was time to explore so first he headed towards the right and wha he hoped was a place he could find something to drink. Finallly, he notced the smells of ham and heard what he thought were singing. It was then he wished he had brought some earplugs. As he approached the bar he asked for a hot coco it was cold out their and he was hoping to warm up. He then sat on one of the stools and watched the people milling about talking about this and that.
    TAG: Anyone around the valero bar

14. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Xany

Golden Hall

Xany grinned at Peng, but before she could reply, the one and only I_H swooped down upon the group with greetings and mock-disparaging comments about slow-dancing EUCers. Xany laughed. She knew most of said EUCers by name if not personally, but she didn't really want to see how they planned to slow-dance to Jingle Bell Rock.

"We were just thinking of going to look for food," she said, still grinning. "Something smells really good."

TAG: Saint, I_H, Ktala, Peng, Prenn, Marna ...

15. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    IC: PRINCESSCAMBRIA
    ~Lounge/Bar~

Cambria finished the last of her bubbly drink and placed the tall flute next to Hermit's on the table nearby. "I'd love to," she answered him with a warm smile, slipping her petite gloved hand into his rather large one.

"See you two later... Don't get into too much mischief," Cam winked at Sabre and Jag, then followed Hermit as he weaved them through the crowd across the hall to the ballroom.

The dance floor had only a few cozy couples taking advantage of the slow, enchanting music. "I can't get over how beautiful this hotel is. I've never been here before tonight. Have you, Hermit?" Cam asked, gazing up into his richly colored brown eyes as she faced him and placed her other gloved hand on his broad shoulder.

TAG: Hermit, Jag, Sabre, any

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Fisto

Entering the lobby he removes his cap and coat, revealing a pair of nice kakhis and wrinkle proof blue jean shirt, a simple attire for the simple man.

Handing to a bellhop he head off to the bar to get a class of liquid confidence in the form of familiar ice water, straight from the tap. His blue ringed hazel eyes dart around the room taking in the unfamiliar sights as he runs a nervous calloused hand through his unrully dark hair.

TAG: Any

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Trimaj
    Driveway

It was cold, and the snow fell almost as a solid blanket. Truely this was a night for being inside with friends and a cup of hot chocolate. Still, the snowy night had it's own charms. Everything was covered in white, reflecting the light of the moon. The world almost seemed to glow.

Shifting his shoulders beneath his black duster, Trimaj steadily walked through the snow towards the brightly let hotel, the crunching sound of the footprints he was inevitably leaving sounding harsh in the silent night. Slowly the sounds of revelry started to drift along the night air. It was hard to tell the exact moment the sound entered the concious mind, it seemed to have always been there on some level while still adding a new life to the brilliantly lit night. Glancing up the stars seemed to sing in their own fashion, joining in visually with the music that came from the still distant hotel.

Breath misting before him, the now cold man arrived at the grand doors to the lobby. Opening before he can touch them, two smiling doorsman beckon inwards, to warmth, interaction and other entertainments. The most obvious thing that greets him upon entry is the large tree, decorated with multi-colored strings of lights, varied baubles and varied wrapped gifts resting beneath it's bows. It brings a smile to the mans face, as the warmth starts to flow through him. Someone comes up and offers to take his coat and wraps, which are gratefully handed off, a numbered card given in return.

Looking around the room, there are varied smaller, less spectacular trees ringing the room, almost like younger siblings seeking to hang onto the coatails of their parent. It is a beautiful display.

Making his way around the tree, he sees a hallway leading off to the left from which most of the sounds of revelry are coming from. True, there is a scattering of people standing around in the lobby, one of whom is a dear friend in Thrawn1786, but she is already in the middle of a conversation. Waving at her, unsure of being noticed at the moment, Trimaj heads off into the midst of the music. Varied people dance in the middle of the room, somehow managing to slow dance to Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. It brings a smile to his face momentarily.

His attention is drawn to the rest of the room, and he takes in the classical decorum that has been decked out for the holiday season. Again he smiles, appreciating the tasteful elegance of the room, and the decorations there-in. During this sweep of the premises, a group of people is noticed off to the side. A group whom he knows by name at the very least, and has played with in the Roleplaying Forum on a number of occassions. The easiest to spot is Imperial_Hammer, who pretty much everyone in the RPF knows due to his Modship there. The other Mod of the forum was there as well, Saintheart. A very likeable and helpful individual, who Trimaj knew only briefly. Then there was DarthXan, Penguinator and Ktala, three of the better known and better respected members of the RPF. Walking over he caught Xans comment about food, which definitely brought a smile to his face. "I'm with you on that one, something to take the chill off would definitely be a good thing." He looked at each in the circle, nodding in greeting. "I hope you are all well this holiday season."

Hammer, Saint, Xan, Ktala, Peng, Prenn, Marna ...

18. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Jag4Me

Jag watched Cam and Hermit waltz on to the dance floor, "They look so sweet! Hmmm, I do wonder what's keeping Adam and Becca...", she said more to herself than to Sabre.

"Have you noticed how the regulars around these parts seem worried about us making a scene? Do we look like we'd would do that?", she smiled sweetly. "Come on, flyboy!", she grabbed Sabre's hand and headed over to dance.

Tag: Sabre, Cam, Adam, Hermit, other XWFC'ers.

19. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Rebecca_Daniels

What a night this was going to be. Becca had declined the offer of transportation offered by the Diva Twins, knowing that she'd be running late. She was always running late for such things, though this time it had something to do with a speeder bike chase and some sort of castle. One never knew what was going to happen when one left the Twins' base.

Despite these problems, Becca was not as late as she feared. Things seemed to just be getting started, which worked perfectly for her. It having been years since she'd last been to a ball of some sort, she'd been at a bit of a loss as to what to wear. With some aid from friends, Becca had decided to go with a nearly floor-length, deep purple brocade dress with a sleeve- and strapless bodice while the skirt had a bit of a flare, allowing easy movement. Becca never was one to go for tight clothing. Now she wouldn't have to worry about being noticed as much as if she'd arrived earlier.

Offering up a smile and a wave to the two couples out on the floor, Becca turned to see Adam taking a comm call by the side. Since the others were all occupied, that meant that she'd have to be the one to drag him away from the message. He might be Lead, but ranks ought to be left at the door, which meant that for now, Adam was hers. Anyways, taking messages during a ball was rather rude.

"You're going to leave a girl on her own, Adam?" she asked, tone and expression showing mock hurt.

TAG: Adam, Jag, Sabre, Cam, Hermit, etc

20. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Sighing, Qui-Gon Reborn slowly sipped at her Corellian cocktail, peering over the rim of her glass at the assorted guests slowly beginning to fill the vivid hall. Thoughtfully glancing around Balthasar Hall, QGR set her crystal glass upon the cold, blue bench and lifted herself from the intricate, curved seat.

The beings hereabouts...cwazy! she chuckled to herself, pacing the glistening pavement.

Or is it me who is cwazy? she added, shyly eying a pair of beings, obviously friends, laughing with full abandon near a whimisically decorated Christmas tree.

Her eyes lowered, QGR wondered silently whether her night would continue in the same fashion as it began.

TAG: Any

21. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    IC: CrazyOldHermit

Hermit gazed back into Cam's eyes, and felt as though he could get lost in them. He felt himself flush and cleared his throat before responding. "Actually no, this is my first time here too. It is beautiful."

With his left hand in the small of her back, he pulled her closer to him. "I want to thank you for inviting us to come with you. This sure beats doing maintenance on a snubfighter."

The sweet smell of her hair was intoxicating. I'm going to have to be careful with this one, he thought.

Tag: Cam, Any.

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala
    The Golden Hall, heading for Villaro Bar

Xany grinned at Ktala, unperturbed. "Serves me right for picking one from the middle, then, I suppose." Ktala rolled her eyes. As the band began to play, the smell of food was also beginning to waft into the hall from the general direction of the lobby.

"Let's go grab some food," Xany suggested brightly. "Something smells good."

Penguinator response was quick. "Yeah, I'm pretty hungry too. Where's the food hiding itself?" Ktala smiled. Just follow your nose. If I know Imp, there is food all around!. Just then Ktala saw someone that looked famillar.

JEDI_TEEGIRLOO (aka Tee)

She was running the game that Ktala was enjoying greatly. As she turned, and began to wave at Tee, she saw another person that caused her to break out into a full smile.

Marna Veign!!

Ktala began to wave, like she was trying to flag down a taxi, as she smiled. "Marna! Tee! Come join us. We are about to find something to eat."

Just then, Imp swooped down on the group.

"Hey hey you alls!" he said, smiling, "What are you all up to just standing around for? Surely you must be hungry? Or perhaps you're looking for a more quiet place? These both can be arranged!"

He gave a grin and looked over his shoulder. He mock whispered to the group...

"The EUCers are going to start slow-dancing soon anyway, and believe you me, you don't around here for that." he joked.

"We were just thinking of going to look for food," she said, still grinning. "Something smells really good." Xan replied. Ktala nodded her head. "Yes, it smells wonderful. The cooks have really done a great job."

Ktala was startled by a voice nearby. She could not believe the speaker...

Trimaj!!

She had not heard from him in ages. He walked over with a smile on his face. "I'm with you on that one, something to take the chill off would definitely be a good thing." He looked at each in the circle, nodding in greeting. "I hope you are all well this holiday season." Ktala gave a small curtsey. "Doing well. Now how about we find this wonderful food we are all smelling, before we start chewing our clothing.." she said with a small laugh, as she headed for the room, which ad all the lovely food. The Villaro Bar.

Ktala smiled, and held out her tray. "Gold coin, anyone?" she asked with a wink.

TAG: Saint, Xan, Tee, Peng, Prenn, Marna_Veign, Imp and Trimaj!

23. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Seeing that she wasn't going to get anywhere sitting off by herself, QGR walked slowly over to where Ktala and some friends were sharing laughter and good food.

Clearing her throat, QGR finally spoke up.

Beautiful night, isn't it?

Tag: Any

24. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    IC: PRINCESSCAMBRIA
    ~Ballroom~

With his left hand in the small of her back, Hermit pulled Cambria closer to him. "I want to thank you for inviting us to come with you. This sure beats doing maintenance on a snubfighter."

Her pulse quickened and it seemed to suddenly get very hot in the room as their bodies danced to the music as one. The bubbly must be getting to me already... or maybe he is?

Cam looked up into his eyes again, noticing this time how truly kind and gentle they were. "I'm so glad you accepted, especially being on short notice and all. I just thought an opportunity like this only comes around once in awhile and why not enjoy it with special friends," she smiled, taking in his spicy, masculine scent. Corellian Musk... My favorite.

TAG: Hermit, any

25. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    Mea culpa, Sithy. Pardon the wait!

IC: ?Pash plus?= Pash, Anakin and daughter, Sophia - ?Why? Because ?Pash plus? comes with more midichlorians to make it last and last!? (cue chimes, harps and ?. Banjos?)
    LOCATION: Black Fortress of Sithy?s devising derivative of the aforementioned Krull

Another ear-splitting screech withered away as Pash stepped delicately around the seepage that now oozed with slow slickness over the dark floor of the cave-like corridor, her arms protectively around the exquisite little girl who clung and buried her head against the GM?s white lace framed shoulders. Her white ruffled skirts lifted above the oily mess, she eyed the dead ?thing? suspiciously and glanced quickly to her companion.

?Don?t you think you aught to give it another poke to make sure,? she suggested as she kept the little girl?s face averted.

?Its quite dead, I assure you,? said the man without looking up, his hand with a slight pronounced movement apparently extinguishing the hot shaft of light that served as a blade. The bladed weapon made a quick hiss and snap as it winked out quickly, sounding rather like a ?bug-light? on a 21st century porch somewhere deep in Acadiana round about a sweltering mid-summer night.

When he looked up he caressed the little girls head, a silent exchange between the two to say ?are you alright? as he smoothed one long coppery chestnut tress. Sophia gave a tentative smile, full lips glowing pink, blinking her darkly lashed deep blue eyes and nodding.

?A? poke?? said the man with a soft short chuckle, ?I?ll have to remember that? a poke! Come on, there are many more and they aren?t far behind?? he urged brusquely.

The trio hurried blindly through the smoldering labyrinth, wary and relying on the tall man?s sensing to lead, that and the shock of red light from his sabre.

?This way,? uttered after moments of silent running, the sound of many feet gaining on them. The child peered wide-eyed over the shoulder of the lady, alternately squinting and refocusing to see what Her so urgently perceived. ?They?re coming! They?re coming, Papa,? she whispered sharply and pointing back into the dark.

Glancing the direction she pointed he grunted an acknowledgement. She required soothing but there was no time for that. What good was reassurance other than to stand to meet one?s injury in small measure of comfort till the enemy became concrete to the eyes!

Pasha realized suddenly there was another sound growing in the not so distant way, apart from that of their focused breathing, the sound of engines. ?What is that,? she queried hoarsely.
    ?Our taxi, I believe,? said Anakin, the humor lost in the direness of the moment, adding momentarily as he pressed them onward toward the growing whine, ?? witting or otherwise!?

The light that streamed in at them proved blinding to the darkness within the strangely organic fortress mountain, and shielding their eyes they rushed forward, Anakin putting himself before the group bracing for whatever action was required next.

Yet, the sound was extinguished, the engines seemingly stilled, and whatever and whoever was no longer at their level, and all that greeted them was this gaping bit of brilliant sky below which only a craggy drop issued.

?We?re trapped,? said Pasha, suddenly out of witticisms.

?Yes, a pity for our enemies,? said Anakin, under his breath.

?What?!?

?Come on,? said Anakin holding out his hand.

Pash looked out toward the brilliant light. ?Where to??

?Don?t ask! Just do as I say,? he commanded and grabbed her free hand.

?Oh? oh no, I?m not going out there,? she retorted pulling back.

?One way or another you ARE going. Take off your?. that,? Anakin commanded again and not having the word in mind for the crinoline and hoops that held out the elaborate tri-tiered skirts of voil-ed lace, he gestured to them.

?WHAT!?

?The steel hooping,? he managed to say as the approaching footsteps could be heard now as separate and distinct and in one felt motion relieved her of them with a rending rip!

After the in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.