1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

RPR Archive The Role Playing Community's Third Annual Christmas / Winter Ball

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: MM

MM reached out for Thrawn's beckoning arms, and hugged her. "I've seen some of it. It's quite big." He answered. "If you aren't careful you could get lost." MM chuckled.

Tag: Thrawn, anyone else.
  2. Thrawn1786 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC:Thrawn

"Oh lord," Thrawn snickered, hugging back, "I'd better stick around here. I'm not too good at keeping my way in new surroundings." She blushed as she thought of how she'd nearly gotten lost wandering around the science building at school, and was glad such was over.

Turning back to her old apprentice, she asked, "Have any of your friends arrived yet? I saw one of my brothers come in a few minutes ago."

Tag: M_M, anyone who wants to play
  3. adaml83 Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Adaml83

It wasn't easy to escape a solicitor, especially one this determined. It had been quite awhile that this, well, fool had been talking Adam's ear off and he needed an excuse. "You're going to leave a girl on her own, Adam?" Becca asked.

Adam grinned, "Nope, in fact you're rescuing me." Click. "Then again, I figure you'd move up your plans a bit and start your takeover."

TAG: Becca
  4. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: CrazyOldHermit

Cam looked up into his eyes again, noticing this time how truly kind and gentle they were. "I'm so glad you accepted, especially being on short notice and all. I just thought an opportunity like this only comes around once in awhile and why not enjoy it with special friends," she smiled, taking in his spicy, masculine scent. Corellian Musk... My favorite

He smiled. "I couldn't agree more. I have to admit that I'm enjoying myself more than I could have imagined. This isn't an event I would normally attend, but I'm glad I'm here. I'm sure it has something to do with my beautiful companion."

Hermit watched her face as it flushed. He could see by the look in her eyes she was enjoying his company as well. The song stopped and they stood there for what seemed an eternity, staring into each other's eyes. He felt his pulse quicken, and even felt the thudding of her heart against his chest as he held her close.

Finally, he released the embrace and held on to her hand. "Would you care for a drink?"

Tag: Cam, Any
  5. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Mitth_Fisto

The place was busy that was for sure, the food infront of him was too much to resist though. Using some very usefull dance moves he gracefully skirted passed the mob that was entering on one side as he made a fell swoop with two plates on one arm as he loaded up with a variety of everything present in small samples. Spotting someone he knew on a far wing speaking with someone he knabbed three glasses of unknown drink before heading over.

"Hello Thrawny! Part time no see, and hello to you dear fellow, I don't think we've had the pleasure before. But would either of you care for a drink? Orderves fashioned as minny meals?"

TAG: Thrawn, M_M
  6. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: PRINCESSCAMBRIA
    ~Grand Hall~

I'm completely being swept off my feet... and I'm enjoying it, Cambria thought to herself, unable or more likely unwilling to break the spell of Hermit's mesmerizing gaze. She felt heat rising in her cheeks as well as other places while in his close embrace, and her heart seemed almost as if it wanted to jump right out of her strapless gown.

Finally, he released the embrace and held on to her hand. "Would you care for a drink?"

"Yes, a drink would be most appreciated," Cam answered, half glad for the momentary distraction to allow her to compose herself. "I've heard the Balthasar Gardens here are lovely. Would you like to explore them after we get that drink? she asked, trying to keep any mischievousness out of her voice, but secretly wishing.

TAG: Hermit, any

7. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala
    Heading for the Bar

As Ktala and the other prepared to make their way towards the food, a new voice spoke up.

"Beautiful night, isn't it?"

Turning, Ktala saw someone she didnt immediately recognize. She smiled, and nodded. "Oh yes, indeed it is." Ktala was rather glad that someone she DIDNT know decided to come over. She smiled, and gave a small curtsey.

"Im Ktala..though tonight Im one of the wise women...Never hear about us..." she said with a laugh, adjust her costume slightly. She then gestured in the direction everyone else was heading. "We are going over to grab some of that delicious smelling food. Would you like to join us? We could certainly use the company."

Ktala leaned in with a grin. "Just dont let your fingers get to close, while they are grabbing for the food." She winked, and then panned straight faced as she looked towards the others.

"So...What is your name?" Ktala asked as she waited for the person to respond.

Tag: Qui-Gon_Reborn, Saint, Xan, Tee, Peng, Prenn, Marna_Veign, Imp and Trimaj

8. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    IC: Trimaj/ Golden Hall

Ktala seemed to be quite surprised, and happy to see him. After curtsying, she said something about going before the clothes looked good. Trimaj chuckled, "I don't think cotton would be terribly tasty, I have to admit." Following as she starts to walk down the hall, into the lobby again. Presumably we were headed towards the Villaro Bar. If what he's heard is right, Melchior's Lounge is in the area, providing a pleasant place to sit while consuming whatever treats one decided to consume.

Before exiting the lobby, Ktala asks if he wants a gold coin, and only then Trimaj notices that she is carrying a tray on which sit a bunch of gold coins. Palming one he notices the weight of it. "Well, either it's some really heavy chocolate or some really light gold..." he comments with a vaguely impish smile.

There isn't time to answer before we arrive at the bar, and it is a sight to behold as everything in this hotel is. There is another large tree, decorated in the same style as the rest of the trees. Elegance is the name of the game, and there haven't been many places that did elegant opulance like this. The stairs handrail is done up with a french trumpet type pattern, and the chairs are antique's, as is everything else present.

Another voice answers instead of Ktala, commenting on how it's a beautiful night. It isn't a voice he recognizes, and from Ktala's reaction neither does she. Her response is positive, meaning there isn't really anything for him to say. Introducing herself, Ktala tells who she is for the evening. A wise woman, which Trimaj doesn't really know anything about either. Ktala invites the newcomer along to the edibles, and Trimaj smiles. "Indeed, the more the merrier." Ktala beats him to the next question, asking the other's name.

Glancing at Ktala, "So... would you mind telling us what a wise woman is?" He stands there, waiting for both to reply.

Tag: Qui-Gon_Reborn, Saint, Xan, Tee, Peng, Prenn, Marna_Veign, Imp and Ktala
  9. Gurthrim_Lah Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    IC: Gurthrim_Lah

Gurthrim_Lah enters the hotel being greeted by the tree standing in the room. Gurthrim_Lah held in his arm a box of his delicious Blast Bug cookies. well, he thinks they are delicious.
    Gurthrim_Lah walks up to the tree standing in the room and starts plucking at it with his fingers "Strange little green needle-thingy" he drops the so called needle-thingy on the floor and heads for the left door "Hello Everyone!".

TAG: Anyone in the room
  10. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4

"Yes, a drink would be most appreciated," Cam answered. "I've heard the Balthasar Gardens here are lovely. Would you like to explore them after we get that drink? she asked.

Hermit smiled as he handed her a drink. "Yes, I'd like that." After their drink he took her hand and they walked to the Gardens. They paused for a moment at the entrance, taking it all in. The white trees and flowers lining the paths were stunning. "Amazing," he said, before they continued their walk. He looked at Cam and thought to himself, Amazing indeed.

They enjoyed each other's company in silence for a few moments until they found themselves near a bench in a somewhat secluded area of the Gardens. He gestured to it. "Would you care to sit for a while?"

11. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    Marna was lost in her thoughts while looking around the room. She thought of how things were at home when she left for the party. Her oldest, Tori, had taken a book away from his little brother, Scott. Scott can't read, but he still likes to look at the pages and really put up a fight for the book. And Daddy was busy chasing Daisy around trying to take the remote control away from the 16-month-old teenage tomboy. Marna had to do a last minute intervention to prevent sibbling war from breaking out. And then had to go back into the bathroom for finishing touches.

"Gotta love those kids." Marna muttered to herself. Then she saw some familiar faces. Ktala called out to her, Imperial_Hammer also approached a nearby group. Smiling, Marna headed over to her dear friend.

"Ktala, great to see you. And food. A bit busy at home, or I would have been here sooner. To sum up...kids!" ;)

tag: Ktala, Qui-Gon_Reborn, Saint, Xan, Tee, Peng, Prenn, Imperial_Hammer, Trimaj, anyone I may have missed.
  12. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala

Trimaj smiles. "Indeed, the more the merrier." he tells the new person, as they all turn to walk. "So...What is your name?" Ktala asked as she waited for the person to respond.

Trimaj engaged in small talk, as they moved about. Trimaj takes a gold goin, and she smiles, saying nothing, but offering it to others who had just joined them.

Glancing at Ktala, "So... would you mind telling us what a wise woman is?" He stands there, waiting for both to reply.

Ktala laughed gently. "The theme of this party is ... "The Three Wise Men. The name of the hotel, the GFM. The title is short for "Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh." Ktala gave Trimaj a wink. "Now, you KNOW if there are some wise men wandering about, they had to have some wise women to keep them in line...hence, here I am!" She laughed softly.

Marna seemed lost in her thoughts, looking around the room, not really talking to anyone. Then she suddenly seemed to perk up.

"Ktala, great to see you. And food. A bit busy at home, or I would have been here sooner. To sum up...kids!" She gave a wink. Ktala laughed again, shaking her head. "Tell me about it. They can definitely keep you busy. Luckily, mine are older. But I remember the younger days well.." Ktala smiled.

"So, let go grab some great food!"

Tag: Qui-Gon_Reborn, Saint, Xan, Tee, Peng, Prenn, Marna_Veign, Imp and Trimaj
  13. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Chukles

Chukles laughed aloud at the suggestion of slow dancing. "We'll get to that. I suppose we should go socialize a bit first though. I'm sure that people will think I up and died since I got here." He let her take his hand and then he began to lead her out of the Conservatory. They made a slow walk through the gardens, and Chukles noticed a few more people out here than had been. It seemed like an eternity as they blissfully wound their way through the gardens. However, before he knew it, Chukles was once again in the main hotel, with the other guests standing around him. He saw a group that he recognized most of. Ktala, Xan, Saint, Trimaj, ImperialHammer himself.... that was the group to go to. Without waiting to ask Jen, Chukles moved over that way. As he neared them, he smiled and said, "Well, hello friends. How goes the.... well..... month, I suppose."

TAG: Ktala, Xan, Trimaj, Jen, Hammer, Saint, and all those people
  14. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Mister_Master

Turning back to her old apprentice, she asked, "Have any of your friends arrived yet? I saw one of my brothers come in a few minutes ago."

"I've seen a few of them. They are around." M_M answered.

Just then one of the guests came up to the two of them. "Hello Thrawny! Part time no see, and hello to you dear fellow, I don't think we've had the pleasure before. But would either of you care for a drink? Orderves fashioned as minny meals?"

"I am Mister_Master, or M_M for short. You may have seen me around." M_M said introducing himself. "And who might you be?" He asked in return.

TAG: Thrawn, Mitth.
  15. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4
    ~Balthasar Gardens~

After finishing their drinks, Hermit took her hand and led them into the Balthasar Gardens. They paused at the entrance to take in the splendor before them. "Amazing," he said, before they continued their walk.

Cambria glanced over to him and smiled. ?Yes? Truly amazing,? she said wistfully, feeling like a fairly tale princess with her handsome prince by her side as the walked hand in hand along the mosaic path lined with white trees and flowers on either side.

They enjoyed each other's company in silence for a few moments until they found themselves near a bench in a somewhat secluded area of the Gardens. He gestured to it. "Would you care to sit for a while?"

?I?d like that very much,? Cam nodded. ?I can?t imagine a more enchanting place to get to know you better,? she added. As Hermit helped her to sit down on the bench, his fingers grazed her bare back causing her to feel tingly all over. Am I just chilled or am I enjoying his touch that much? Hmmm... Both I think, but more so the latter, she giggled to herself.

16. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    IC: Sey

Sey checked her watch and as usual was very late to the Winter Ball. Sighing to herself she glanced at her appearance one more time in the mirror and smoothed out her dark green and silver flowing dress. Giggling softly to herself, not sure if anyone else would get the CorSec colors joke of her dress, she stepped out into the night.

A little while later she pulled up to the GFM. Slipping her keys in her purse, she grabbed the bottom of her dress and walked up the stairs into the hotel. A giant Christmas tree sparkled at her as she made her way through the lobby attempting to find her friends. Thinking about where her XWFC people would be located she remembered the dancing clue from before and headed straight to the ballroom.

Couples swirled around the dance floor as she scanned the room for her people. Spotting a few over to one side, she slowly made her way over to them.

"Hi adam and becca! I'm late to the party, but I made it!"

Tag: adam, becca, any XWFCers near them, or anyone else.
  17. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala

Ktala laughed softly, enjoying the conversations around her. So many people she had not seen in a long time, had come for the party, and she was glad to see them.

Movement to the side, Ktala looked up to see Chukles and Jen were moving towards them. He smiled and said, "Well, hello friends. How goes the.... well..... month, I suppose."

Ktala nodded. "Hello, Chukles. Jen. Come join the fun. We were just about to attack the food table." she said with a grin.

Tag: Qui-Gon_Reborn, Saint, Xan, Tee, Peng, Prenn, Marna_Veign, Imp, Trimaj, Chukles38, Jen
  18. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4

?I?d like that very much,? Cam nodded. ?I can?t imagine a more enchanting place to get to know you better,? she added.

"Neither can I." She appeared to be a bit chilly, but he knew it was something more, so he put his arm around her and pulled her closer. Then took one of her gloved hands in his other. "And I do so want to get to know you better."

As he stared into her eyes he thought to himself, I think I'm really falling for this lovely lady. "I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and in all that time I've never met anyone like you."

Tag: Cam,Any
  19. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    De nada

IC: Sithy, Doctor McKay, Fenlaka Zula, Agent Nifesta, RPF City

Everybody on board the Monkeylord remembered to breathe again as soon as the great transport emerged into the Role Playing Forum resort town, and the final stargate dissipated in their wake.

The Slayers of the Black Fortress had been most reluctant for their guests to leave, and even with Anakin Skywalker and Mitch Nifesta cooperating in a spirited rear-guard action, the fight had followed them out of the cave entrance and down the steep escarpments to the metal insect-legged war machine.

The roof was heavily carbon scorched from the Slayers? crude energy staffs, and 8mm shell casings littered the cockpit floor.

Sith-I-5 directed pashatemur out the back of the cockpit: ?There is a lounge and walk-in closet back there, with clothes in your size, Pasha. Also a pair of shoes that I think would look great on you.?

She wouldn't miss the silver, four inch heel, t-bar court Jimmy Choos. He caught a questioning glance from McKay. ?What??

?You had those when we arrived outside DVC?s, right??

?Yeah, don?t even go there.? Mitch advised as he appropriated a long-handled broom and started to noisily sweep the spent bronze-coloured P-90 ammunition out of everyone?s way, and towards the edges of the floor.

Sithy glanced out the port. ?Bit dark. Much darker than I would have thought for the time of the day.? He leaned closer to the cracked pane to gaze upwards. ?Hellooo, big wedge-shaped solar eclipse. Imperial Star Destroyer coming down through the clouds.?

He sensed Fen?s arrival beside him, automatically catching him under the armpits to lift him onto the window sill.

?ImpStar can?t enter atmosphere. It?s the Victories that have that ability.? Fen advised with the same tones of certainty as a junior palaeontologist.

?I agree.? Sithy nodded. ?However, that ship is definitely Imperial-class. You can tell from the shield globes above the bridge. Aaannnddd that?s quite a steep angle.?

Mitch was still sweeping up, and not really in a position to view what was going on. ?Look for a lone guy on the tarmac, black clothes, red lightsabre blade, one hand stretched up to the ship like he?s doing an impression of a teapot.?

The roleplayer swept the scene before them with a handy macrobinoculars that appeared magically in his hand, and was surprised to spot the individual described.

?Who the hell is that?? Sithy wanted to know, looking back to where the Secret Galactic Intelligence Service agent had his eyes down, concentrating on the housework.

?Garek Malen, I reckon. Known to his friends as 'Starkiller', or, going by the trailer, 'Sir'.?

Sithy was amazed at some of the things his fave character knew. Sometimes, just sometimes, he was like Gil Grissom with lekku.

?Yeah, well, he?s going to flatten the GFM hotel and much of RPF city if he keeps this up.?

?Don?t worry, Fen can handle him.? The older twi?lek added confidently.

?I can??

Mitch finally put the broom aside, taking his son?s hand. ?Sure, remember what we talked about?? He stuck his head into the hallway connecting the cockpit level to where the guests were: ?Pash, CHAS, Sophia; we?re heading downstairs. We?ll see you outside when you are ready!?

Any response from the guests was missed due to Fen tugging on Mitch?s arm for attention: ?Dad, why do you call Skywalker, ?CHAS???

?Means, ?Course He?s A Sith?. I rumbled him as a dark side candidate long before he had the afro; before Order 66, even.?

?Hey!? Sith-I-5 glowered reproachingly at the Force Vampire, joining him, ?What did I say about that?!?

?That I?m not allowed to talk about the Jedi Temple, younglings, Order 66, drain Skywalker of his life force, or otherwise discomfort him during this Holiday period-?

?Correctomundo.?

?-especially if there?s an armchair anywhere nearby,? Nifesta c
  20. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Rebecca_Daniels

Adam grinned, "Nope, in fact you're rescuing me." Click. "Then again, I figure you'd move up your plans a bit and start your takeover."

Becca mock glowered at him. "Just because I'm planning on world domination doesn't mean I have to work on it at all hours of the day. Especially not at a ball like this." She waved a hand at the room's splendour. This really would have been a good opportunity to show up in fluorescent orange, but this was good enough.

"Hi Sey," Becca grinned at the modess. "Don't worry, you weren't the only late one."

TAG: Adam, Sey, any
  21. Thrawn1786 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Thrawn

"Mitth!" Thrawn nearly squealed, happy to see a good friend from the Outcasts. "How've you been? How's life treated you lately?" She gratefully accepted a drink from him and nodded her thanks as M_M introduced himself.

Tag: Mitth, M_M
  22. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4
    ~Balthasar Gardens~

Hermit stared into her eyes. "I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and in all that time I've never met anyone like you," he said.

Somewhere between melting in his warm embrace and drowning in his heavenly pools, Cambria had fallen... and fallen hard. He's the most kind, romantic and handsome man I've ever met. I must be dreaming... "I've never met anyone like you, either," she sighed, returning his gaze through passion clouded eyes.

23. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    "Well, hello friends. How goes the.... well..... month, I suppose."

Ktala nodded. "Hello, Chukles. Jen. Come join the fun. We were just about to attack the food table." she said with a grin.

Marna laughed a little. "Attack is a good way to say it." she extended a hand to Chuckles. "We've never met. Marna Veign." she introduced herself.

Tag: Qui-Gon_Reborn, Saint, Xan, Tee, Peng, Prenn, Ktala, Imp, Trimaj, Chukles38, Jen
  24. adaml83 Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Adaml83

Becca mock glowered at him. "Just because I'm planning on world domination doesn't mean I have to work on it at all hours of the day. Especially not at a ball like this." She waved a hand at the room's splendour. This really would have been a good opportunity to show up in fluorescent orange, but this was good enough.

Adam grinned, "What you haven't planned the whole thing already? Besides this ball would be enough of a distraction for you to start your takeover."

"Hi Sey," Becca grinned at the modess. "Don't worry, you weren't the only late one."

Adam smiled at Sey, "Hey! I think people are starting to show up in larger numbers, so many have other things planned at this time it's hard to be on time even for something as big as this."

TAG: Sey, Becca
  25. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    OC: Mitth Fisto

"I am Mister_Master, or M_M for short. You may have seen me around." M_M said introducing himself. "And who might you be?" He asked in return.

"As she indicates, I be known as Mitth. I think I have seen you in a few locals but never had the opportunity, nice to finally M_M." Being one drink down he took a sip of his own.

"I've been doing alright, finally on the other side of final's and portraying four RP characters at the moment, most just once a week postings so things are good. Enough about me though what about you? How's it been?"

TAG: M_M, Thrawn1786
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.