main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Romantic Future of Kylo Ren and Rey (Ver. 2.0 -- see warnings in first post)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geminiwankenobi

Geminiwankenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 10, 2016
    Yes, its to draw attention to where he shoves it down..Its loud, its still there, watching, he faces it towards her.

2. FrolickingFizzgig

FrolickingFizzgig Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2016
    I have a strong desire to see Luke or Rey hand Ren the blue saber that was crafted by the grandfather he looks up to so much. He can make Padme and Annie proud </3

3. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    OK, so I was thinking about scarring his face again and I'm totally positive that it's personal thing for Rey that isn't connected to avenging Han and Finn. Cause avenging would be killing him or maiming him any other way or slashing him the same way he slashed Finn or stabbing him the same way he stabbed Han. So while all those feelings were swirling in her mind no doubt, main take away I got is that she aimed at his face because she is attracted to him and feels she shouldn't be. It started when he took off his mask. You can see progression and mirroring. he takes off his mask and he's handsome. She reacts involuntarily. She's not supposed to think that he's attractive but she does. Cue Snow Fight. If that feeling of attraction went away than she wouldn't aim at his face. But she aimed at his face which means that feeling of attraction to him did not go away. Scarring him was supposed to make him unattractive and kill her attraction, pretty much like killing Han was supposed to make Kylo all dark. Instead, Kylo's Darkness weakened and opened him up to the Light, which he let in when Rey picked up the lightsaber. Likewise, Ren's scar will not kill the attraction. Quite the contrary, she'll eventually let him in (metaphorically not you know, lol, though that will happen off screen, ha,ha).

4. Sforza

Sforza Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2016
    [:D][face_love]

Zeralyos, BrehaSolo, MissG and 4 others like this.
  5. Sforza

Jan 28, 2016
    I knew I was right! The Force was with me that day. ;) [face_love]

RobbyV, Zeralyos, BrehaSolo and 3 others like this.
  6. Geminiwankenobi

Feb 10, 2016
    ALL OF THIS^^^:)^

Removing the mask created a problem for her. He was so much easier to hate and kill when he didnt have a face. More importantly, a face she is attracted to. In the novel it says that she thought he should have scars on his face so that he matches his dark side persona. So she wants to mark up that pretty face, to make him a monster that she knows he is not. She knows this, she's been in his mind, he's afraid, scared and human, she knows this. Slashing his face is so beyond personal. Every time she tries to call him a monster, it gets thrown in her face that he is not. 1. His human face (interrogation scene) 2. His human blood (end scene). She just shares an intense force bond moment with him on the cliff, opens her eyes and is confronted with a very softened Kylo Ren face, with light dancing off of it and she is livid. Livid that she let him in, livid that he is attracted to her and most importantly angry because she is attracted to him. Trying to make him ugly didnt work though did it? Her face when she's looking at him across the ground break. Its full of concern. She even lingers well after he has given up trying to look at her there. Then she runs.

Yep, people really did not take you seriously because you are a Reylo shipper. Thing is just because we ship something doesn't mean we are blind and what we say and see is not always coloured because of shipper goggles. Most times shipping goggles do not apply. I'd say a lot of us are actually analytical and wouldn't say anything unless we actually see something we think might be there and we try to back it up with analytical argument and in no way do we think it is absolute. Im confident in my opinions of Reylo but I could be 100% wrong because it is just interpretation of a scene.

7. Geminiwankenobi

Feb 10, 2016
    EDIT double posted by accident, please delete, apologies

Zeralyos and Mana like this.
  8. Sforza

Jan 28, 2016
    Really big part of scenes were filmed here (action mostly), this famous "looking at stars scene" and, finally, Luke was there. And Rey's stunt - for sure. :)

[​IMG]

9. Sforza

Jan 28, 2016
    The view from the set. Been there right before filming, you can see one of the cases. :)
    [​IMG]

10. Sforza

Jan 28, 2016
    [​IMG]
    The only one droid plug-in was this one, so R2D2 od BB8 will be there too, for sure.

11. Sforza

Jan 28, 2016
    And this is me. ;) vindicated. :D O:)
    [​IMG]

12. Rimfaxe96

Rimfaxe96 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2016
  13. bela.mesecina

bela.mesecina Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 12, 2016
    I found something interesting, but it has screenshots from the movie, so here's the link (it's not of topic because JJ made both movies)

http://9gag.com/gag/anNrKYE

Oh and, can someone please tell me what meta means? Thanks :)

14. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Someone just posted this on Tumblr, apparently Adam is going to be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on the 29th? If so, this pleases me. I can't get enough Adam interviews.

[​IMG]
    Oh, and Tom Hiddleston the day before as well?! Amazing. :) My two favorite actors!

AnneNeville Oh I didn't realize the image wasn't actually zoomed in on, it just seemed that way to me I guess. I've only seen TFA at the theater so far (the standard version, not IMAX/3D) so I thought the camera had been zoomed farther out for the scene.

MelBee, Zeralyos, BrehaSolo and 5 others like this.
  15. Geminiwankenobi

Feb 10, 2016
    Guys be careful to stay on topic.

Not mine, but I saw this somewhere...so very true :D

Thats classic, it shows you JJ's pattern of storytelling. Especially the fact that he is known to set up a romantic interest, then completely change direction with it later and have them end up with different people. Sounds a lot like Finn and Rey, It was just far, far too soon and too obvious. In a traditional sense, the love interest is not supposed to arrive until after the refusal of the call. I really do think the love interest will be Ren and Rey, not only does it match with how JJ likes to write his stories, he has also set it up in TFA..but only after the REAL adventure starts.

This is why in a sense, I feel that everything before she touched that lightsaber was part of her ordinary world, she was in her comfort zone, she seems to have two calls, the lesser one when Finn arrives and then the major one when the call to the saber happens. The real adventure and destiny is presented to her.

16. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    Thank you! More evidence of attraction that she can't help but feel.

And it isn't just nervousness because villain. She wasn't nervous when she said "That happens when you are hunted by a creature in a mask". Repeat that with her posh Queen's English accent, "creatchah in a maaask". Yep, no nervousness. Than he takes off his mask. Boom. That's how you know a difference between a friend and LI. One doesn't make you nervous, one gives you all kinds of butterflies in your stomach and beat-skipping heart.

Amen. Sforza's report was on the money but people cheated themselves out of great scoop because of their anti-Reylo and anti-Reylo shipper bias. Their loss but our gain cause we had amazing time when Sforza dropped the scoop. Even Reddit posted it. [face_dancing]

MelBee, Marchtwin, Zeralyos and 10 others like this.
  17. spacebaby45678

spacebaby45678 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2016

[​IMG]

18. Sforza

Jan 28, 2016
    thank you. [:D]

Ohtze, panki, Marchtwin and 5 others like this.
  19. Sforza

Jan 28, 2016

[face_party]

panki, Zeralyos, BrehaSolo and 2 others like this.
  20. Search Your Feelings

Search Your Feelings Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2016
    I would like to see it fly into his hand when he calls it at a desperate hour while fighting Snoke!

21. Geminiwankenobi

Feb 10, 2016
    Lets also just mention that Ren could have easily, easily disarmed Rey when she closes her eyes. Yet all he can do is just stare at her. The man is so totally enamoured with her that once again, the mission goes flying out of the window. He'd rather just stare at her when she closes her eyes, he just wants to watch her instead of just hitting/snatching the lightsaber..he had her, he had her at her most vulnerable, up against a cliff she had her damn eyes closed and he just chose to watch her.

Every time Ren...every damn time, that was like the 5th time in the movie where he's shot himself in the foot because of this:

[​IMG][​IMG]

He is going to recognise this in himself in the next movie, no doubt and try to train so hard that it doesnt happen again...how much you want to bet it does the second he sees her?

22. Search Your Feelings

Search Your Feelings Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2016
    Lol fanart is amazing.
    I'll bet there's one for Matt the Radar Technician.

I think I am looking forward to Reys force back visions of young Ben Solo the most.
    Sforza thanks for the really beautiful pictures. That place is amazing. I like that medieval basketball court as well! What must it be like for people nowdays to live in those medieval houses, I wonder.

Kylo Ren's 8-Pack, panki and Zeralyos like this.
  23. spacebaby45678

spacebaby45678 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2016
    I left the theater believing that Rey was attracted, confused, agitated and very very angry, but I never interpreted her behavior as hating Ren.

24. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    I find that totally moving and one of many great aspects of their relationship. You have 2 people who are starved for intimacy, for different reasons each but the gist is that they have that common ground. They are starved for intimacy. So he finds her, we still don't know how (likely vision), comes for her (to meet her), unmasks for her (to look on her with his own eyes...shades of Vader in ROTJ) and now we have this saber crossing where he cannot stop drinking everything about her face - light, beauty, expressions, eye lashes. He drinks it. This is their most intimate moment and he

While Rey wants all that, to drink his face like he drinks hers, but she stops herself because he is the bad guy. She hates it that her most intimate moments in life are with him. He reads her mind, he carries her like a bride, he awakens attraction and the Force alike in her, etc. hence why that short moment after she opens hers eyes and they are completely in sync and she has that smoldering, post-coital look in her eyes when they meet his...and than her face turns into OTT rage. That rage is not just "you killed Han and maybe even Finn". That's "I hate you for making me feel this way". I mean, one can say, c'mon guys, you read stuff into it, and that would stand if there wasn't scarring. Her attack on his face is way too personal to be retribution for what he did to other people. And it ties in with his unmasking, a moment that made her see him in different light, not just as a faceless abductor/interrogator. She's as desperate to make him a monstah again as much as he was desperate to purge the Light. But now he isn't so and she won't be either.

I can't wait for the first time they call each other's name. What name will she call him? Ben? Ren? Kylo? Monstah?

25. Geminiwankenobi

Feb 10, 2016
    They both have "pet names" for one another..I mean..do Finn and Rey have "pet names?"

Rey calls him "Monster and creature"
    Ren calls her - "Scavenger and girl"

Never real names lol, most likely because they both actually have fake names. They will probably call eachother by their birth names. Again it would show how these two see each other as what's on the outside and what's within.

Its like Slayer and Spike (real name Buffy and William)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.