main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Romantic Future of Kylo Ren and Rey (Ver. 2.0 -- see warnings in first post)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IoJovi

IoJovi Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2016
    It's quite interesting there are more legitimate parallels between Rey and Kylo, than Rey and Luke.

2. Darth_Awekened

Darth_Awekened Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2016
    Oh I am so sorry folks I did something with the first half of my post...:( [face_sick]

I was saying HI to all of you and tried to interduce myself a bit, while posting for the first time over here.

Have been a SW fan for ages now - especially the OT. Was not expecting anything special with TFA, but in the end the movie literally blew my mind.

The point was that I was not expecting the interrogation scene to play like this,( while have been spoiled in advance on the existance of the scene I was expecting the rehash of Leia - Vader interrogation from ANH).

So, bye for now.......- hopefully I will not mess with posting again ;)

3. Rei of Sunshine

Rei of Sunshine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 29, 2015

Because those 'Trolls' had a certain similar habit of not back reading substantial discussions on this thread. And instead of actually debating their stand like what an intelligent human being would do, they go ahead with finger pointing and name calling. Strong reactions are everywhere. It just so happens this thread has stronger counter arguements for every mud sling thrown our way.

So yes... We seriously don't tolerate 'trolling' here...

Oh, and if you're looking for a faction that's a much better comparison to a church/religious cult, two words: Rey Skywalker

FrolickingFizzgig

It must be a flattering thing to be constantly smart shamed. People dismiss your findings on ReyLo just because you can back up every aspect of poduction with substantial details.

4. BrehaSolo

BrehaSolo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 15, 2016
    @loJovi, yup that's true.Now that I think about it some people use Rey's "this is garbage"remark about the Falcon as proof she's Like's daughter because he called it a piece of junk when he first saw it.But there was certain someone who was also throwing insults at the Falcon but later ended up falling in love with its owner.:)
    In comparison Rey ended up inheriting Kylo's legacy ship so the next step would be falling in love with him.:)

spacebaby45678, IoJovi and What Girl like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Given that this is not a fan club and is a debate thread, it seems that dismissing counter arguments with artistic snobbery and insinuations that people who are not in favor of a Reylo romance or do not see it happening are "uneducated", are as inappropriate as the assumption that all Reylo fans love 50 Shades of Grey.

6. snufkin

snufkin Jedi Knight

Mar 7, 2016
    Even with all the clues and parallels between them dropped in the first chapter, I'm really hesitant to think that what's coming next is a full blown romance between them. It isn't hard to guess that he will be coming back for her in the next round, once he figures out that the island he saw in her mind is where she and Luke actually are. But if the next round is training/emerging more fully in the role of hero/villain and antagonists. He's not coming to ask if she'll be his date for the prom. If anything, after the fight/training, he's probably going to be even more powerful and nuts - that's not the sort of man you want to give your phone # to (even if he does have fabulous hair).

I definitely think that Rey's relationship with Finn and Poe won't be romantic - they seem more like younger and older brother for the family connection she craves. Although if she does start feel attracted back to Ren, that's additional drama because he's not only killed her surrogate father figure, but also hurt/is in direct conflict with the two men she sees as her brothers.

Also the earlier comment about her being nervous around him as proof of attraction, maybe in my opinion. It's hard to compare it with her comfortable behavior with Han and Finn because they were friends/allies. She's been a young woman living on her own/fending for herself, so by default she's had to be on her guard already around strange men - Especially ones who hunt you, kidnap you, and then tell you that you're his guest (and WTH was he planning on doing w/her as a guest, keeping her around or letting her go if she'd gave him the map information?).

I took the blink to be more cognitive dissonance between the outward scary appearance and the face of somebody who's really young and normal looking. . The whole back and forth between them in that interaction is about power and dominance, which she manages to flip on him (women always figure out the truth). It's the part about getting really into each other's minds and seeing the most intimate/vulnerable parts is what will likely bond them. Right now it's more confusion than physical attraction, but definitely her feelings about him are strongBut how that bond will factor into the overall antagonism between them and the camps they've allied themselves with, remains to be seen.

7. FrolickingFizzgig

FrolickingFizzgig Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2016
    What counter arguments? You mean the ones we've all responded to a million times already? The ones we've already mulled over in the past? The ones none of us feels particularly compelled to get into again because they've become redundant, repetitive and altogether uninteresting?

8. Rei of Sunshine

Rei of Sunshine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 29, 2015

I think 'artistic snobbery' is a debate advantage actually, anything you know more than the other person is always an advantage. However, I do not recall anyone from this thread calling an 'Anti' outright and directly stupid and uneducated for not seeing/agreeing to presented arguments... Honestly, insinuations are always up to interpretation... So if they think we called them stupid, that's not really our fault...

We're encouraging debate...nobody's throwing us anything back...

And as to 'dismissing' people... Aren't we supposed to rebut counterarguments? That's how debate works, doesn't it? Unless, I simply slept through 4 years of debate club and missed that part about not rebutting the opposition and must agree at all times.

9. Angel Blue

Angel Blue Jedi Knight

Jul 8, 2014
    You're right, as long as they actually provide a counter argument, rather than calling what we're doing 'hilarious' and 'silly' and leaving it at that.

10. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    I once asked people with counter arguments to point out choker shots in Finnrey scenes, considering that choker shots are a) rare, b) used almost exclusively to suggest possible romance and c) TFA used choker shots in Rey and Kylo fight when they cross swords at the edge of the cliff. As explained here:

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/post/141233360085/mirroring-opposites-and-the-personification-of

I've been waiting for the answer in vain but I knew I would because there are NO choker shots in Finnrey scenes. There's no romantic subtext in their scenes either, unlike Rey and Kylo scenes that launched 1000 metas on subtext. There's no visual staging that implies romance, unlike Rey and Kylo scenes that launched 1000 fanarts inspired by their beauty. Their scenes are very much matter of fact like scenes between friends. because that's what they are and will be - friends. Not a romantic pairing. It's all intentional and decided by film-makers.

11. Geminiwankenobi

Geminiwankenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 10, 2016
    EDIT - saw the second part of post, apologies. Thanks for being understanding lol :p

I fully understand what you are saying, at the same time it's not fair to be called silly for our opinions and told that we are a religious following. Why was that not mentioned in your post? Why are people allowed to be rude and tell people their opinions are silly and cult motivated but we get told off for being "snobbish"?

Darth Dementor, Force22, Mana and 3 others like this.
  12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Mod Reminder: Guys get back on topic and just don't call users that disagree with you trolls or stupid. I have no problem locking your thread again. You've been skirting the line all morning, which is what afs1983 is getting at. You can get back to talking about the pros and cons of this ship. Concerns? Questions? Shoot me or another mod a pm about it don't post it here as it clogs up the thread. Thanks.

Dra--- and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  13. BrehaSolo

BrehaSolo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 15, 2016
    I don't think the previous thread would have become that huge if Reylo fans ignored debate a d opposing views.It's quite the opposite we encourage different POV but some people that come to the thread are not interested in that so it becomes tiresome when we have to explain our POVs ver and over when they have no interest of hearing them.
    To get back on topic,the junior novelization in the novel makes it clear Rey isn't afraid of Kylo during the interrogation:.It was Kylo's fear that let her go into his mind:

"Fear.That's not what she felt.She wasn't afraid of him.She knew what she could do and was trying to fight him.No he was talking about himself.What he felt.His weakness.Fear was the portal into his mind."

That's actually kind of creepy if you don't know Kylo's suppose to be the villain and Rey the hero because it's usually the villains who try to take advantage of the hero's fears.Vader did that with Luke in RTJ but in this case Rey used Kylo's fear a against him.It's like their replies were switched in that moment.

14. FrolickingFizzgig

FrolickingFizzgig Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2016
    Indeed, it's always nice to see the impartiality all Mods (as authority) should present. It would do wonders for self-esteem, I'm sure.

Nobody used the term stupid, but yes, I agree. It's equally unfair to be called "silly" and compared to a "religious cult".

We need to get back on-topic (though we have been from what I saw...)? I haven't really been monitoring that closely.

15. BastilaBey

BastilaBey Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2016
    Edit: last post on the topic, just saw mod message above!

MODified: Too late. The warnings on numerous other pages should have been enough.

BrehaSolo, MyOnlyHope and Zeralyos like this.
  16. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    MODified: Also banned for ignoring countless warnings to keep this on topic.

17. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016

Rey Solo, Kylo's daughter?

[​IMG]

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  19. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I see that's how we want to play the games today. That's fine. We'll take a break from this ship for the day.

Nanosoft and Dra--- like this.
  20. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    After much discussion we have decided that unless a spoiler comes out confirming this we are keeping this thread closed.

I know you must be feeling like...

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

I can promise you this is not a trap in fact. We discovered that in SWC they have a Reylo Fan Club To which you can go and post all your love and pictures and poems.

Just to recap this thread is not going to open again. This is not a trap or a choice we will go back on. And SWC has a fan club thread you can post in. Thank you for your understanding.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.