main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Romantic Future of Kylo Ren and Rey

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sunbloom, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    They say, there's a thin line between love and hate. It will be the space opera Romeo and Juliet, and he will sacrifice himself for her! :p What do you think?

2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    brother and sister?

3. TROR

TROR Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Star Wars does love its incest ;)

4. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    Let's suppose they're not related!

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Ok. But then I still ship Poe and BB-8 first.

6. EvacuateMomentofTriumph

EvacuateMomentofTriumph Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Can't have a good love story without a love triangle.

dekaneas likes this.
  7. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    What about Poe and Finn? When they spotted each other on D'Qar I felt like one of them was going to jump into the other's arms and embrace. Which, I guess they did. But I'm probably reading too much into that. :p

8. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    I even have a theory how Kylo fell in love with Rey. When she beats the ***t out of him, he thinks, what a woman!!! And falls in love!

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

:p

10. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I thought Rey was his sister possibly so I can't say that occurred to me.

11. Carrie Walsh

Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2014
    I'm still holding out hope that they're brother and sister, unlikely as it is. If there's one element they should take from the old EU, it's that. She and Finn would be cute, though. Maybe a love triangle with Poe.

12. Carrie Walsh

Jan 13, 2014
    I'm still holding out hope that they're brother and sister, unlikely as it is. If there's one element they should take from the old EU, it's that. She and Finn would be cute, though. Maybe a love triangle with Poe.

13. Carrie Walsh

Jan 13, 2014

14. EvacuateMomentofTriumph

EvacuateMomentofTriumph Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    You are really holding out hope.

15. Carrie Walsh

Jan 13, 2014
    Ha, sorry. Browser screwed up. Didn't mean to post so many times.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    I really hope they dont go the route that now he killed Han he is solid Darkside. In fact I hope it makes him even more volatile. I want him to hate what he did.

17. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    well what a twist that would be....... and if Rey is Luke's daughter(nothing but pure speculation right now) than she would be in love with her cousin(if a romance happens).

What a theory that is, if so than maybe Kylo toyed with her instead of finishing her off?

Little_Boots likes this.
  18. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    If Rey go so low as to date that whiny, angsty, backstabbing sorry little ****, I will puke. It is difficult, but Kylo Ren manages to be both an evil mass murderer parricide and a pitiful pathetic sorry ass. Rey would need some weird paraphilia (like hybristophilia) in order to be attracted to him.

SAM86, Nanosoft, Sith-I-5 and 7 others like this.
  19. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015

Actually, I don't think this idea is as crazy or left field as it might sound. Kylo is very clearly fascinated and intrigued by Rey, and there are heavy hints that he had past dealings with her, likely when she was a small child and he was a teenager. While Rey represents the Light side of the Force, Kylo represents the Dark - I can see them playing with that and having each person tempted by the qualities and powers of the other. So I can see Rey coming to be drawn to elements of Kylo's power (perhaps after learning something about her past that causes her to abandon Luke and her Jedi training), and Kylo continuing to be troubled and disturbed by his attraction to the Light side of the force as embodied by Rey.

You could easily put a romantic bend on this, but I doubt they'd go there since they're almost certainly going to be related (cousins, in all likelihood). It amuses me that they set up this kind of dynamic, however. They were asking for people to ship them the moment they had Kylo sweep Rey up in his arms. They clearly learned nothing from Luke and Leia, and they - unlike Rey and Kylo - weren't even meant to be related at the outset of the OT.

20. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Kylo is a psychopath who killed his own father (HAN!!) , tortured numerous people and executed (at least as far as we are shown) at least one village load of innocent people on Jakku.

I can understand the appeal of the bad boy who would need to be saved or whatever, but seriously - I would prefer Rey to fall in love with Snoke (he seems slightly more intelligent and in control) than this emotionally and physically abusive creep, never mind his luscious locks and translucent pale skin (thank god they didn't give him orange eyes as well in this film).

IF Rey goes down the slippery slope of darkness though and matches him in his "attributes" then they deserve each other :(

21. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    not brother and sister, but instead cousins. ;)

Darkslayer and Allana_Rey like this.
  22. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Bets are still off :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    I have a feeling there will be a romance between Rey and Kylo, because it's going to turn out Rey was adopted by Luke. I think the new trilogy needs some more Bollywood drama. :p The only thing that bothers me is that she looks like Padme.

24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes, but I don't think the filmmakers want to be hearing for ages how bad the storytelling is. So Rey Solo has to be off the table.;)

25. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    Isn't it cute how every other character is expected to be related to each other? Star Wars is a soap opera :p

Darkslayer and Chewies_bandolier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.