main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Romantic Future of Kylo Ren and Rey

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sunbloom, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeadowofAshes

MeadowofAshes Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2016
    Ok, sorry for repost! I joined like a thousand pages in, may have missed a few details...

2. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Ah, no worries:) topics tend to resurface after a while and it is nice to get a fresh look at them

3. Search Your Feelings

Search Your Feelings Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2016
    Thanks for posting the link. It sounds a bit strange that snoke would want to get rid of Kylo as he's getting stronger unless Kylo is showing a bit of rebelliousness towards Snoke. And a force power that no one has seen before?
    Also, I don't like the idea that Luke is not willing to fight on either side.
    I can believe that kylI will beat Rey this time but to have him ask her again and that is the cliffhanger? Seems strange. I would say it's an untrue rumour.:)

4. BladenSoul3003

BladenSoul3003 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2016
    Don't worry, Ben/ Lucasfilm will bring justice for Skywalker men. Two generations fell head over heels with only one woman then tragically lost her in the end is more than enough.

5. Geminiwankenobi

Geminiwankenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 10, 2016
    Ok I have a few questions

1. Can similar rules be posted in other threads where I quite frequently see people go off topic? Because it just feels like this thread is being attacked for something which happens on many threads, on the finnrey thread they were talking about John boyega and how he should be the next dr who. I'm sorry but why are they not getting a list dictating to them what they can and can't do?

2. Talking about Rey being a kenobi to me is not of topic because in relation to kylo ren and her it actually matches them up pretty well. Is it still OK to talk about that in here?

6. Arcanah

Arcanah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2016
    Yeeeees let's not be hypocrites :D

Another beautiful day for love has just awaken....
    So many smart, funny, flirty people (men) on JCF....just like me....go figure...

And how this relates to ReyLo is that I think Kylo is (well will be after redemption) the best of them all and Rey will have a happy end ;)

I'm taking a day off work today....and going to sleep now since I spent whole night talking to interesting (Canadian) people....bye thread...sweet dreams....about Kylo ofc ;)

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    collateral damage. No purpose

Arcanah likes this.
  8. Maria Antonietta

Maria Antonietta Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 11, 2016
    I doubt its validity, since Rey faced her darkness when she met kylo in the woods. When she goes on Luke's island her costume is gray because she was tainted with the dark side

panki likes this.
  9. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    This hit pretty hard:

http://hello-reylo.tumblr.com/post/141408039131/how-to-tell-if-youre-being-manipulated

An in depth look at the cult of shaming, or using the chilling effect for emotional manipulation, that is so prevalent in fandoms today.

One of the things I have learned from online fandom is the need to disengage when you are expected to rationalize your preferences. You owe no one an explanation for what you like or why, much less some faceless internet persona.

10. Sforza

Sforza Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2016
    Oh god, oh god.... [face_party][face_love]

11. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Welcome back rowan_greenleaf .....you missed a lot of excitement (nothing unusual when it comes to this thread :p)

I agree about your point that SW needs a love story...and the Prince and the Scavenger (I remember someone mentioning the poem - the Beggar Maid a few posts back) sounds much more in sync with the previous combos of Queen and Slave, and Princess and Scoundrel. :)

12. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013

Right? It has that nice fairytale ring to it- The Prince and the Scavenger[face_love]

Darth Dementor, panki, rey09 and 4 others like this.
  13. Maria Antonietta

Mar 11, 2016
    Maybe she's hinting at a contest stare between her and Luke :D

panki and Jakku Sun Aesthetic like this.
  14. Maria Antonietta

Mar 11, 2016
    Maybe she's hinting at a contest stare between her and Luke :D
    Sorry for the DP, my cell froze

panki and Sforza like this.
  15. creepi0

creepi0 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 28, 2016
    i think its confirm the title for episode 8 is Star Wars : The Jedi Stares Back :p

16. MoonFyre

MoonFyre Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2016
    Tumblr is filled with high quality Kylo/Rey gifs right now.[face_tee_hee]

Someone made a side by side gif comparison how differently Kylo treated Rey from others, under the same situation:

http://starwarsnonsense.tumblr.com/post/141536555879/fyreyandben-you-have-compassion-for-her

Yup, he did.;) Although there’s still a slim possibility that Luke might have some romantic relationships before finally going full Jedi… but I really doubt he has a child and didn't find out about it. He would have felt or sensed him/her through the force.

So with Rey Skywalker out of the way, we know what it means.:p

17. spacebaby45678

spacebaby45678 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2016

Yes this so much this. The internet cause bifurcation of everything including opinions, it is built into it 01010101 type programming. There is never a need to disabuse someone of their own opinion, let them have it!

Darth Dementor, Arcanah and MissG like this.
  18. MissG

MissG Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2016
    I've just realized something. Knowing what KK said:"SW is a Skywalker family saga" if we do find out that Kylo is indeed the only remaining Skywalker, that'd be very very obvious that he has to be redeemed and have children at some point! So of course they might keep people guessing whether Rey or another character is or isn't a Skywalker... Also since it looks like each trilogy is self-contained so to say, our only legacy child would probably have to find his romance within those three movies ;)

19. Sangha Ren

Sangha Ren Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2016
    My 2 cents on the thread turning into a "monster" sometimes.

I personally don't mind fanart and some small things that are a bit off topic (e.g. space cats). It's good fun. What annoys me most - and I am shooting in my own foot here too - is that the same picture/fanart/gif will appear 10 times because we tend to just click on Reply to add one comment. The comment in itself is ok to me but not 10 times the pic/fanart/gif. Some time ago I came home in the evening checking this thread and there was like 10 posts with the same screenshot. Scrolling, scrolling down the pages. Then at the same time there was someone who was posting double, triple - the mods took care of that. The Kylo-Ren-at-his-worse in me took over and I lashed out.

Posts between 2 posters even if a bit off topic sometimes do not bother me personally. Easy to ignore (as in not reading it, not the Ignore button) and scroll down. But the long sections of pics and gifs repeated over 2 pages. That kills me a bit.

So my suggestion would be to try, whenever possible, to remove the pic/fanart when replying. I know it's difficult from a smartphone / tablet. I tried and then my answer gets integrated somehow in the quote and so on and I either hit "Reply" anyway or give up. A bit of a technical issue. But whenever possible, we could try to do it. Just a suggestion to unclog the thread.

I better watch out now when I reply ;)

20. Saracene

Saracene Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 10, 2016
    The Prince and the Scavenger does have a very fairytale ring to it :) Kylo to me is kinda like a cross between a highschool nerd and a dark Disney prince.

There was some great discussion a few pages back about Kylo's smitten expression during the lightsaber fight. It's interesting that this is the second time in the film that we see a stunned reaction from him to something Rey does, but his reaction at the end of the interrogation scene is just that, shock, with zero romantic vibes as far as I'm concerned. It's probably more than just the expression in the fight scene, it's the way the camera zooms on his face, the emotive musical theme, the visual beauty of the fight scene etc.

The "Rey is the main hero therefore she must be a Skywalker" argument is pretty strong, I must admit, but on the other hand, we've just had a movie heavy on the Skywalker drama that didn't require Rey to be a Skywalker herself, and still had her firmly in the lead.

21. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    welcome back!
    i also think this is massively unlikely but i love how gleeful adam can be so that would be kind of cool to see ( i can't see it happen either) - kylo is just so un-gleeful [face_sigh]

Saracene

i don't see the scene as romantic either. i think it's very telling though that his first reaction is to run off and not do any force choking or something else. i do wonder whether that is because she's rifled through his private fears and that is scary in itself or because he noticed her doing it inexpertly or because she said it out loud (that's mostly for us i guess).

it's a funny scene, like i've said about a 100 times, because it's happening between them and they are only sharing part of it with us, i think.

22. spacebaby45678

Jan 14, 2016

While I totally agree with you, on 1 & 2, this is a privately held board and the rules DON'T have to be applied equally. Those that flamed this board did so intentionally to get a reaction and some here took the bait and that is exactly what they wanted. They want to shut up this board ( not admin) but the haters and flamers because it stands as a testament to all that they GOT WRONG about TFA before it came out. They took JJ's & Disney's bait about Finnrey & Finnjedi, Rey Skywalker. etc. and are going down with that ship of marketing misdirection and red herrings.

We have to move on and not complain, just follow the new rules and when we want to discuss a tangential issue to Reylo create a new thread for that. I think this might actually work out and be a good thing. Spreading the dialogue, deconstruction and analysis around will be beneficial because I think some might be afraid to come to this thread 1. they think we are a bunch drooling fangurls of AD 2. This thread is HUGE....and full of good, long posts that I love LOVE to read but that might be to heavy reading for most.

At the same time I believe that some of the reaction and policing of this thread has been sexist and condescending. And in this day and age that is sad.

23. Arcanah

Arcanah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2016
    Sangha Ren
    That is an excellent suggestion and i think it should be applied whenever possible. It's hard to do from a phone but maybe you can tag a person instead of quoting?

24. spacebaby45678

Jan 14, 2016

Unless Ren is the Skywalker Hero-Anti Hero. What they are really saying is that there must be a "good" skywalker and I don't know about that.

25. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    spacebaby45678 - that is the feeling i'm getting too. kylo ren is not an 'acceptable' skywalker. therefore somebody else must take up the mantle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.