main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Royal Handmaiden Society: Episode 8: A New Hope

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by HandmaidenAnde, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Ack, we were pretty close with our guesses from the summer. Didn't we say something like 8 or 10?

Hey Ande, you don't by chance have a larger pic of the different costumes they use for the funeral scene, do you?

2. HandmaidenAnde

HandmaidenAnde Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Targeter, unfortunately the pic of all four is very tiny in the book. There's a larger pic of the green dress, and I still need to scan the maroon cloak and senate gown. The only other picture I have of the fourth gown is a screencap with Jar Jar...and I just realize I don't even have that pic up. I'm dumb. I'll try to get it up after school.

GentleBant and I might be FIDMing it this weekend, so let us know if you want any specific info!

MTFBWY,
    Andé...the lunching handmaiden

3. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Oooo... the colors in that green dress are gorgeous! *adds it to her possible list of costumes to make* Which book are these from again? (and thank you for the pics! :) )

4. HandmaidenAnde

Feb 25, 2001
    You're welcome! :) Here's another pic of the costume I took at the FIDM exhibit.

The pics are from the costume book Dressing a Galaxy. Insane person that I am, I bought the cheaper edition earlier this month for drooling, I mean scanning purpose. My ultra shiny deluxe edition arrived last week. It has even more pics, but I'm worried if I scan them it may hurt the book.

By the way, I love your Mal/Jayne quote. Can't wait for the DVD to come out!

MTFBWY,
    Andé...the obsessed handmaiden

5. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I just thought that you all should know that there's a new Padme characterization topic, and it's about Padme and the relationship that she has with her handmaidens.

~aeryn

6. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you.

Anyone want some chocolate? I'm very tired and would like to have some Hershy's.
    *passes around candy bars*

7. HandmaidenAnde

Feb 25, 2001
    Woo-hoo for Hershey's! Takes some of the offered chocolate.

Was in the library flipping through Star Wars books and found a list of handmaidens under Jamilla, and Rabe was top of the list.

But then I left the book behind cause it didn't have jedi info.
    I can't remember the blasted title, I'll let y'all know if I do.

Eirtae_rules, argh! You don't remember the title?! Very interesting info. I've never heard that before! Shiny! It makes some sense though. When AotC came out, a few of us commented that Rabé would be a good handmaiden to Jamillia since KCdS shared similiar features with AD. Any chance you remember what the cover looked like or the basic subject?

GentleBant and I are FIDM-ing it today. Yay! :)

MTFBWY,
    Andé...the editing handmaiden

8. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    Ohhh chocolate! Thank you!

There are some really good Star Wars books out! I think I might have to go on a hunt and help find out the name of that book!

9. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    Ohhh. I know this is a place mostly for the handmaidens, but I played around on Wookiepedia and there are some really awesome things about the Queens after Padme. Queen Kylantha put on the throne by the Empire after the death of Queen Apailana (who had been harboring Jedi and Padawans) appointed after Pooja Naberrie as Naboo's representative to the Senate. That means that she was their with her cousin Leia and never knew it!

10. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    woha, i never thought of that before! I mean i knew all about Pooja being appointed Senator, but i never made the connection! good job, Eirtae!

11. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

I think the basic idea was just a glossary like book on prequel SW stuff.

The cover was white, the book was tall and thin, but i can't remember anything else.

Blasted ADD

12. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    The only books I can think of are the "The Ultimate Visual Guide to Star Wars" or "Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels" though I have not yet been able to thumb through them.

13. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    This hasn't had many posts recently...

14. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    You don't need constant posts to be a strong thread. ;)

Besides, we pretty much stick to the subject matter.

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I got my copy of Dressing a Galaxy yesterday, and I almost got all the Motee swatches. I'm very happy.

16. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    Yay, ObiAnne!!!

17. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    That is great Obi Anne! I would love to have that! How do they look?

18. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    In case you haven't heard, Keira got nominated for a Golden Globe Award for her role in Pride and Prejudice! [face_dancing] =D=

19. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I know. I'm so excited and happy for her. She deserves it.

~ aeryn

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've been a bit sceptical about P&P, but now I can't wait until January, when it gets here.

The swatches are great, it's quite surprising though what a difference it is between the real colour and the colour on film. I don't have a scanner so that I can scan it in though.

21. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I loved P and P and Keira is excellent as Elizabeth.

Voting has started to choose a new SW figure? Should we all vote for one of the handmaidens?

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Voting_Begins_May_The_Choice_Be_With_You_96248.asp

22. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    OF course!!!

Why wouldn't we?

Which one should we vote for?

23. HandmaidenAnde

Feb 25, 2001
    Since we can only vote once, I'm assuming we're going to combine forces. My choice would either be Battlemaiden Eirtae or Goodbye Dorme. I'll wait to vote until we decide. :)

Ande

24. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Instructions... complicated... brain... hurt! :p

And here I thought they were going to have a selection for us to choose from! A Goodbye Dormé would be good, but I think a Battlemaiden Eirtaé would have a better chance of getting made since she would come with a Naboo Royal Pistol as an accessory; Dormé never had anything to carry around or use.

25. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    I do agree with Knight-Ander about Eirtae having a weapon. Also, she is the only one of the three (or four if you want to count Padme) who did not get a figure yet. There is Sabe as the Decoy Queen and Rabe in the flame gown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.