main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Royal Handmaiden Society: Episode 8: A New Hope

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by HandmaidenAnde, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    yay on that picture. it was pretty

yikes. too many new people. can't keep everyone straight :-O i'd say hello to you all one by one but my brain would overload ;-D so instead...
    hello everyone. glad you decided to stop by. hope you enjoy it here as much as i do. :-D

not much new to add. :)

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    <rubs eyes vigorously>

ACK! OK...I've been working on gallery shots all afternoon, and I'm buggy-eyed. :~) Ah well, if it all helps in the end...

OK, I have some Dormé icons on trial. I don't believe you can link to pics on geocities pages, but as far as I'm concerned, you're more than welcome to save and use them. Linkie: Dormé Icons

Saché, if you see this, just know I'm looking for you. I have a few site-related questions to ask you.

Obischick--I'm not sure which costume I'll be wearing yet. I think we should probably stick to HM costumes since we're representing the RHS...unless someone wants to dress up like A**** **** so we can demolish her. :~D

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    OK, I'm getting in on the ground floor of this one...

I, <name...that would be Martin Bormann...er, no. Wrong name. Been copy-editing a bunch of SS documents for an academic conference when I'm not studying tort law just lately, and sometimes think I'm Heydrich or somesuch. Here's hoping I don't institute a genocide programme over in Czechoslovakia sometime soon. Ug. [face_shocked] Leto II. There. :D>, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

[T. Herman Zweibel] Huzzah!!! [/T. Herman Zweibel]

*Scampers back to hiding, lest he be somehow mistakenly placed in the Nuremburg dock and hanged for crimes against humanity by the other Royal Handmaiden Society Members, many of whom might also be crazed Nazi-hunters...*

4. Lady_Jedi26

Lady_Jedi26 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    i just checked out that link gentlebant cool icons :)

5. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    **waves at Bant** Costumes are coming along alright, actually. I'm working *very* hard on Grand Admiral Thrawn currently (hoping to have it done next week), so Padmé's taken a back seat at the moment. Oh, this sewing business is so frustratingly addictive. **laugh**

You know about queenseamstress and KirstenSolo going as Pre-Senate Amidala and burgundy cloak (generic) handmaiden, right? :D That will look so cool!! I wish I could be there to see them! If there's anyone else here who has the burgundy cloak and is going to CII, you should talk to queenseamstress about walking in the contest with her.

Anyway, **yawn** I'd better get moving. I need to sew!

kreleia ^.^

6. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Hi all!!!!

GB--No, I DON'T think I would like to to dress that A**** ****. *shudder* Hidieous beast of nature!!! Lovely icons by the by. Hopefully We'll see them soon.

Leto II- no crazed Nazi hunters here...yet...but many crazy A**** **** hunters... :D *shifty eyes* ;)

Scary moment of the day: My sewing machine stopped working, and when I called around to the repair places, they said it would take a week to fix it!! [face_shocked] Luckily, my mom just had to clean it!! *whew!!*

~Obischick :cool:

7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Renata ponders possible links between A**** **** and Irma Grese... decides M*** J*** is a far likelier connection...

Naaaah, more fun to hear how everyone's costumes are coming! Now you've got the onstage thing organized (maybe you could choreograph a simple dance number for "Royal Naboo Five?), who is going to be in the audience TAKING PICTURES FOR THOSE OF US WHO CAN'T BE THERE?? :_|

8. NabooPop

NabooPop Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    I can do the picture taking I think.

9. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    kreleia: Just call me Morpheus. :cool:

Obischick: Sounds good to me! :)

Dorme: Oh! How's your little Sabé story coming along? :)

GentleBant: Despite my shyness I would be interested in the costume contest, but at the moment I'm no longer even positive I'm going to Celebration 2 (though I *probably* am) because I lost my job and at the moment have no icome coming in. If I don't find something quickly, I may not be able to afford to go at all, but definately I wouldn't have enough for a costume. :(

Anyone who like's kreleia's icons: Don't just say you like them in here. Let it be KNOWN you want them uploaded. Head over to the Custom Icon Submission Thread and post a short message that you'd like to see them up. ;)

~*~Bria

10. HandmaidenAnde

HandmaidenAnde Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hey everyone. Looks like most of the gang has found us along with some new members as well. Make yourself at home. But where are Piett and Jazzy?

My two credits with regard to the Obi/Sabé pairing: It makes sense to me as long as it's written well, allowing for the relationship to develop. Actually, two of the first pieces of TPM fanfic I read paired Obi-Wan up with Rabé which worked well because of the way it was written.

I'm only bringing one costume for the Celebration. That would be the Battle Dress which I'll wear for the contest. Just normal, everyday clothes for me the rest of the weekend.
    Speaking of the Celebration, guess who's one of the guests? None other than A**** **** herself. Anyone want to picket/protest with me? ;)

Bria, I'll head over to the icon threads tonight. Glad to see you guys working hard to get the handmaidens recognized. I'll probably put in my vote for some others as well.

Slight Episode II comments from someone who doesn't know much...about the movie.

TFN just posted some scans from tomorrow's new Entertainment Weekly. It's basically a picture from the recent trailer. You can see several handmaidens, in new yellow throne room gowns, in the throne room. I like the old ones better, but these look good too. Interesting note, you can see the actual Reggia Palace through the big window in the back. I'm wondering if they'll use CGI and replace it with Theed scenes like they did in Episode I. New handmaiden picture

Also, TOS put up a new making of video all about costumes. It appears Padmé has more costumes in this film than in Episode I! I'm hoping that means more handmaiden costumes too.

End semi-spoilers

'Tis all for now. Talk to everyone soon!

MTFBWY,
    Andé...the goofy handmaiden

11. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    EDIT: Oh, fishsticks... Forgot to include the requisite "SPOILER SPACE" warnings. Eep. Wrong corrected. 8-}

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

H

E

R

E

<Original Message At Long Last Begins:>

======

Hey, did y'all see this, over at Episode-X? It's the fully-scanned version of the wardrobe book, which, when posted over at TOS, had the wedding dress removed. It's up in the right-hand corner of the cover. (If this has already come up, then ignore me, here. I've had naught but wedding dresses on the brain during the last couple of weeks, thanks to some very intensely personal reasons. [face_blush] [face_love])

[image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0375815082.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

12. Saché of Naboo

Saché of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Sep 23, 1999
    Hey all! And lookie at all of the new members! Welcome, everybody.

Regarding spoilers, I think that it's pretty safe to say that if it's something that Lucasfilm has already officially confirmed/released, it no longer counts as a spoiler.

And Obischick, I'm not sure. GB managed to screencap EVERY scene with an HM in it. I might not have enough room for all of the pictures! So, hold on to them for now, and I'll get back to you.

13. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Gotta disagree on the spoilers thing. Some of us are AVOIDING all the official sites, so as NOT to see spoiler stuff. (Kind of hard with our Admins making the whole dang BANNER a spoiler, but there it is...)

Please, gang, even if it's officially official, if it relates to EpII, regard it as a spoiler? Please?

--Renata
    (who never used to shake the wrapped prezzies under the Christmas tree, either...)

14. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Don't worry Renata I'll take loads of pictures...only I don't know how to put them on the internet because I'm a hopless idiot. :) I am desperatly hoping there will be NO dance number, and don't you like Mara Jade??? :confused:

Andé, I'd gladly picket/protest against A**** **** with you, but that would cut into the fun time. Let's just ignore the stupid daughter of the sith!!! :D

fishsticks to you too, Leto II. Why perchance, are you thinking of weddings??? (dang, no sneaky faces!!)

I'll wait for your signal to begin sending you stuff, if you want it, Sache.

I FINISHED MY BATTLEMAIDEN JACKET!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

After working non-stop (practically ;) ) all week, I am done with the jacket and the pants. That is one heck of a way to spend spring break!! I am happy, but very tired....very tired....school suddenly not important at all...

~Obischick

15. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    yay glad you finished it! i wish i could sew...

course i wish i could do a lot. anyway, i'm just checking in. not much to add..

liked the spoiler paper doll pic :-D

16. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Hi, all. Hi, Obischick! Had to laugh when I heard about your sewing machine woes; it seems the first rule of costuming is "the machine will break with only a few days left to finish and a few seams to go!" Boy, have I learned that the hard way! *LOL*

And re: M*** J*** --LOOOOOATHE HER!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Won't bore y'all with a rant, but if they're planning on killing off anyone else in the NJO, she's been my #1 candidate since she first appeared.

Can't wait to see the pictures, you guys.

Okay, so for the contest:

Obischick in battledress.

What are the rest of y'all wearing?

17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Hi, I'm finally taking some time to drop by.

Personally I'm a big Eirtae fan, even if I don't know that much about her, but she is also the only blonde in the GFFA! (if I'm not totally mistaken)

18. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Ack!! Horrors!! Did you hear???

Horror for "Moulin Rouge!" star Ewan McGregor when he fell into the freezing waters off the coast of Scotland at night -- and was instantly seized by a current so strong he nearly drowned, he told friends. Ewan slipped while disembarking from a barge onto a boat during filming of the movie "Young Adam," and icy fear gripped him as a strong current pushed him away from the boat and into the darkness. Crew members panicked as they lost sight of the star, and two crew members dove into the water. Guided by his shouts, they located him, maneuvered him into a rescue ring tossed from the barge and got him back aboard. Unhurt, but shivering in near-hypothermia, Ewan was quickly ferried back to shore for dry clothes and a hot bath.

Oh!!! My poor Ewan!!! :( :( :(

Jeditictac, I didn't think I could sew either... Try!! It's mucho divertido!! (Much fun!!)

*grumble grumble* Laugh all you want Renata!! I'll laugh with you!! :D Hahahaha HA!! Let's see, I don't mind Mara...especially now that her and Luke are MARRIED, but I dispise Shannon Baska...or whatever he name is.... :mad: :mad:

No, Obi-Anne, you are not mistaken...Eirtaé is the blond one...the blond, pale one.

Is that it?? *looks around* I guess for now...

Hasta luego!!

~Obischick

19. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks for the support, HandmaidenAnde. Hopefully it will work. :)

~*~Bria

20. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    :) It's a sympathetic laugh; like I said, I've been there SOOOO many times.

May seems so far away... ;)

21. Yui-chan

Yui-chan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Oh my poor baby Ewan! he needs a good hug to warm him up! :) Hey! I can't believe I was missed! =')I missed ya too, Obischick. I regret missing so much of the action here! Hehee.. Hey with all this discussions of your costumes going on, won't you guys take a picture of it and share it with us? Very broad hint, but what the heck...

And, by the way, I forgot to make a very important announcement. For those people who have been clicking on my sig for the Sabe site...I'm really sorry, but it's gone. Yes, folks, my pretty little site is gone forever. My webhost just quitted being a webhost and scurried off with my files. AS for the files in my computer, they were deleted by my not-so-bright brother, so..........

I don't know when I'll be able to put it up again, but I'm not counting on it. Very busy I am. College applications and all.

But for those who visited and signed, thanks very much! I appreciate it. It was good, when it lasted, yeah? I'll love Sabe forever, but some things, I guess, were not meant to be.... :(

22. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    yui chan...nooooo i can't believe it's gone :-( that sucks

obischick...i dunno maybe if i was good at sewing it would be fun but i'm be afraid i'd sew my hand to the fabric or something :-O

poor ewan. glad he's okay....though i found it somewhat amusing (in an unfunny way) that the little write up didn't say anything about the two crew members who jumped in to save him. cause if he was freezing, surely they were as well.....

23. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I finally made a halfway decent Dormé myself (previous tries have not been good :p). There *are* other AOTC photos on that page, so if you don't even want to look at pictures, don't go there. ;)

Like?

~*~Bria

24. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    My PPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR Ewan!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Oh, Ewan's a big boy. I'm sure he was just fine. :~D

<ducks>

Welcome, ObiAnne! Make yourself comfortable...

LetoII--welcome as a new member. Do fill us in on those wedding comments...!

Bria--I look forward to having you join us. I need to email the costume contest organizers in the next week to confirm our entry and final details. Also, nice icons! BTW, feel free to hijack and manipulate any of the Dormé stuff I have at my site. :~)

~TPM flashback....
    <suitable flashback music wobbles in and out>

Organizing Art: Fay David (from the animatics team)
    Before her stint with ILM ended, though, David had a rare opportunity to be appear in a tiny cameo part at the end of The Phantom Menace. "At ILM, we were doing some pickup shots for a few of the sequences, and they needed the handmaidens to be in the background of one the shots," she recalls. "It just so happened that I was a similar size and height to the handmaiden. By virtue of that, I was put in a costume and put in the background of those shots."

David made sure to tell her brothers of her appearance as a handmaiden (perhaps named Fé?). "But, I would always preface it with, 'don't blink, because you'll miss me if you blink,' she says. "It was really fun. The best part for me was actually getting to see the costume up close and in person. The amount of detailed work was just incredible. I had a huge appreciation for the work put into the costumes then, but even more so now, being on the front side and seeing the costumes designed as concepts, and then seeing Trisha Biggar taking those designs and turning them into these magical pieces."

I got this from Old Archived Official Site Stuff

Oh, to be a standmaiden!!!!!

(Big note to self:
    a.) Step class really works your calves
    b.) Do NOT, under any circumstances, do calf raises after step class
    c.) Do not make first attempt at doing step aerobics in the Challenge level class
    d.) Take several Alleve and wish you weren't going to w*rk in the morning.)

:~D

Also--I FINISHED GETTING THE PICS TOGETHER FOR THE NEW SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <faints>

Happy little left of weekend everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.