main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Royal Handmaiden Society: Episode 9: Revenge of the Handmaidens

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Knight-Ander, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    gee, thanks for posting that link, Roané. [face_blush]

Also, I can't see why the handmaidens wouln't be able to get married. If anything they wouldn't be allowed to get married during their service to the queen... But those are just my thoughts :)

2. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I think that they should, but like ^ said after their term with the queen

3. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    I agree, after their service, or their might be a division of loyalty between love and duty. Hey, Anakin tried it and look at how poorly that turned out.

4. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    well, it's cool. ^_^ [:D]

i'll take those into consideration if i ever get the thought from my brain to paper. lol. i was up until one again this morning because i couldn't get rid of an idea...'

-Roanè <><

5. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Time to finally officially join up:

I, Pandora, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

And I blush modestly, adjust my hood, and have a piece of chocolate cake.

As far as handmaidens being able to marry... I don't know, but my guess would be that while they wouldn't be outright *forbidden* to marry while they were in service, it would be discouraged. Though I suspect that, at least for the Episode I handmaidens, it wouldn't be an issue because they are so young.

6. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    welcome, Pandora26! :)

-Roanè <><

7. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Thanks, Roane.

I'm not really new, though. I posted on the old thread, but I never actually took the pledge there. Since it was about to close, I thought I would wait and do the official oath on the new thread.

Okay, so that was a month or so ago. I did get around to it.

8. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    *Peaks in*

Hi! I haven't been here in years... literally! But I was recently talking to Handmaiden_Andé and realized how much I missed the TFN boards. So I wanted to drop in and say hi! I love the handmaidens still!! I was quite displeased by how little time they had in RotS, but what can you do?

I hope everyone is doing well!! :)

9. SobiFan

SobiFan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    I don't think I ever joined RHS before... so...

I, SobiFan, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

With that out of the way... hello! I haven't been to this forum in ages, and I've only recently brought back The Sobiwan Network... but I still adore the SW handmaidens to pieces, especially Sabé :D it's good to see everyone that I recognize, hehe [face_blush]

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I found out that on sw.com they have an interview with the designers in Project Runway* and on page 3 of the interview they discuss which SW characters would make the best fashion designers and one of the PR designers discuss that the handmaidens would probably be the best designers in the galaxy!

* They showed the first season of Project Runway as a fill out show here, and I'm so angry that they won't show the other seasons here. I love the show.

Ohh, and since I'm posting about fashion I must say that I really liked Keira's Oscar gown. Normally I don't think she has a good fashion sense, but this gown was wonderful.

11. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    hmm...haven't seen it. do you have any links? [face_praying]

-Roanè <><

12. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Here's a link to pictures of Keira's beautiful gown:
    Keira at the Oscars!

13. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Holy brand-spankin-new threads Batman! :eek:[face_hypnotized]

*pulls out dusty old oath slip from when she first joined*

I, Obischick, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

Still. :)

That being said, here is my sacrificial offering of brownies and ice cream, very delicious either apart or together.

Adi, you so totally beat me to the punch, I guess that's what I get for getting distracted online, but here's the one pic I was going to post anyways, I thought Keira looked gorgeous, and was excessively jealous.
    Keira at the Oscars

Back to midterms for me!
    {well, not really since it's Friday, but I do have one on Monday and one on Tuesday... anyways, I don't know where I'm going with this so goodnight!)

~Obischick~

14. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    Hi everyone! Remember me?

15. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Through the RHS, things you will see...the past...the future...old friends, long gone...

Well, hi! This sure takes me back a few years. It was in an earlier incarnation of this thread that I made my very first post on the boards, way back in my freshman year of college. And here I am six years later, graduated, married, with two children. Time flies and other such clichés. Cliché -- Now there's a handmaiden everyone's heard of a hundred times before. *hee*

So I might as well renew my vows!

I, Cindé of Naboo, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

So, what can I say? I was alternately pleased by the presence of handmaidens in ROTS and disappointed to see their role diminished even from AOTC. But, as always, their costumes were lovely, and I spit upon the Academy for AGAIN failing to acknowledged Trisha Biggar's brilliance. Fools! Excuse the rant; I've been drooling over the Dressing a Galaxy book at the bookstore, trying to find someone who will spend the massive price to give it me as a gift, and renewing once more my old gushing-over-costumes addiction. :D

16. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    I wasn't crying! honestly!

That was amazing Andé! Are you planning on adding some RotS fottage for the new version, or just making it bigger?

Your other one was also briliant.

17. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    sweet! thanks!

-Roanè <><

18. HandmaidenAnde

HandmaidenAnde Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Holy Smokes, Dr. Jones!

I'm in the middle of a research paper, but I had to say hello to everyone. It feels like Homecoming Week!

Adi, I'm glad you found your way back to the thread! I've had such a great time sharing emails with you, and I'm happy that you posted again. :)

sobifanp, you're back too! Woo-hoo! I don't think I ever thanked you for your helpful advice last month. (Grad school is killing me) SO (hee hee) thanks! Happy to see you back!

Obischick! [:D] You haven't been here in forever! Hope you and the sisters are doing well. Good luck on your midterms! I know you'll do great! I still can't believe you're a senior. I feel so old!

Cindé! Yep, homecoming week indeed. Happy to hear you're doing so well. And two children? Did you have a girl or another boy? Name? Happy and healthy, I hope. Big congratulations!

I am so jazzed to see so many old faces, and happy to know everyone is doing well.

Have a great weekend!
    Andé...the happy handmaiden

P.S. Apailana, forgot to say thanks for the sweet words on the vid. I do have a remake in the works featuring ROTS footage. Premiere date...sometime in 2006. :D

19. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    My vows!

I, Adi_Gallia_9, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

Yay! I love handmaidens!

Yeah, I know what you mean about RotS, Cindé. Barely any handmaidens at all - made me very sad! I wish they had done that scene on Mustafar with the handmaidens and Typho being killed. That would have been sad of course, but at least it would have been more screentime for the handmaidens!

And Dressing a Galaxy is my favorite book ever! I drool over it constantly. The pictures are so gorgeous and wonderful! The pictures of Padme's costumes just send me into a costume-induced high. I especially liked that there was a good amount of space given to the beautiful handmaiden costumes - they are so lovely! You're right, Cindé, poor Trisha doesn't get enough credit and recognition for her beautiful work!

And it's good to be back, Andé :)

20. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    i know! it just gets me wanting to make one really bad! hmm...anyone know where i could get some patterns?

-Roain <><

21. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Hi!

Our second child is a girl, Emma. You may note that though we named our firstborn Luke, we did not go on to name our daughter Leia. We're freaks, but we're not cruel. ;) *mumbles* all right, so we took them to the Episode III opening night, midnight showing, in costume...Emma was less than a month old at the time... [face_blush] :)

22. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Hmm, the only commercial pattern I know of is by Simplicity:
    Top left is a pattern for a Leia and a Padme costume

They're relatively accurate. Other than that, the Padawan's Guide is the best place for making costumes - it does have some fan-made type patterns as well as suggestions of commercial patterns that can be used and modified.

I've just been beginning to actually sew in the past few months and I'm thinking of attacking a Star Wars costume. I was thinking of the burgundy battle outfit from the end of TPM since it's less complicated than some of the others and the handmaidens wore it! :)

And Emma is such a beautiful name, Cinde! And that's great that you brought both kids to the premiere of RotS! They both must have been so cute in costume! :)

23. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    There are a few more patterns out and about that can work, depending on which costume you would like to make.

I am working on some costumes at the moment, including fixing my blue homestead costume that had slight issue after traveling to and from Florida for Star Wars Weekends. The burgandy outfit sounds amazing. I have ALWAYS wanted the flame gown.

Emma is a beautiful name I must agree. :)

24. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I would like to join the RHS.

I, Lissa, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

Could someone tell me the name of the blond handmaiden in TPM? I seem to have forgotten it.

Edit: I found her name (Eirtaé), but does anyone have any good pictures of her?

25. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Ande! [:D] I know I haven't been here in forever! :( The sisters are quite well, as am I. Very busy, but well... Ack! Me being a senior makes you feel old? How on earth do you think it makes me feel? (besides frightened out of my wits!)

I very much agree with Adi and Roian! I don't know if it's Dressing a Galaxey so much as it just being springtime, which constantly reminds me of Star Wars. For some reason it just makes me want to get up and write Fanfic and make a bunch of costumes... probably because that's usually what I do around this time of the year :p

Hey, I'm an Emma too! I very much agree with the others Cindé! It's a lovely name! ;) hehe!

Welcome padawanlissa ! So very glad you've taken an intrest in our ladies! :D I would say the best place for pictures is our very own RHS site, once you are there, go to the right hand side bar, and click on Galleries, and from there, you can either click on the Actresses, or EP 1, scene by scene! Hope that helps! :)

Anywho, I am in a fabulous mood because it is: (say it with me people) NOT SNOWING IN MICHIGAN! Hurrah! I shall now go dance a happy dance in the dead grass! :p [face_dancing]

~Obischick~ :cool: