main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Royal Handmaiden Society: Episode 9: Revenge of the Handmaidens

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Knight-Ander, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I watched the Duchess today. I must say I was very impressed with Keira, it might be one of my favourite roles of her that I've seen. Wonderful costumes as well, and I do get so impressed with what a nice corset can do to create some cleavage for Keira. Highly recommended if you get a chance to see it.

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Catch any screencaps? :~)

3. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I saw it at the cinema, so that would have been hard. Maggie has a section about the costumes over at Costumer's guide though, and there you have some nice photos.

4. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Cool!

BTW, someone recently put a link (not here, somewhere else) to someone who does SW-themed decals. What do we think of getting some RHS ones made?

5. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I think the idea is good, but I'm not sure where I would put a decal of some kind.

6. Lady_Padme_Organa

Lady_Padme_Organa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2006
    Hey handmaiden fans! I logged onto AOL not long ago and something caught my interest. It is an interview with a certain actress we all know and love (no it's not Natalie Portman--but you're close), and I thought I'd share it. :D
    Click here to read it. I hope you like it! ;)

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    At least one of the questions. ;)

8. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    And I love how the first comment on the article is that she was not in Star Wars.:rolleyes: Thankfully someone was kind enough to correct that person right away (although they spelled Natalie's name wrong). The comments then get rather cruel after that, as they usually do on most online articles. Thanks for posting the link. :)

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Thanks for the link! Yeah, last question is pertinent; though I'd bet they're not still the same height (KK's grown up some since then...)

I also was surprised at how alike they do still look based on that last pic.

10. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, not that I'm annoyed or anything (well, OK, of course I am!), but how does "she who shall not be named" warrant a big supporting role in the season finale of CW, and all our brave ladies get is a brief, sort of mocking pinup shot in a clone barrack a few weeks back? ARGH!

11. BloodRaven77

BloodRaven77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005

I, BetaReject, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

Okay now thats done...I have to agree I dont see why bounty witch who shall not be name gets a role in the season finale when our girls are far more worthy of it! My question is where have they been all season one anyways? >__<;; At the very least there should have been a Sabé sighting!

12. Lady_Padme_Organa

Aug 5, 2006
    Hey, a newbie! Welcome to the Handmaiden Society, BetaReject!:D

I knew ya'll would like the article. ;)

It isn't right that a certain bounty hunter gets a big role but the handmaidens don't! In a way, it's a good thing I don't watch the CW series. . . .

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I simply think that LFL has forgotten to mention the handmaidens to the people doing the EU. Here is a thread dedicated to Karen Miller, who who's writing Clone Wars novel, and it's apparent that she didn't think that Padmé even had any handmaidens after Cordé. I corrected her on that, and is it wrong to hope that maybe she'll put some handmaidens into her next novel? It should be said that Wild Space is the best SW novel I've read in years, and she managed to give Breha Organa a character, even though she just happears in holonet calls with Bail in a few sentences.

14. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    ObiAnne, do you have a link to that conversation? Or can quote it? That's interesting; did she think that Padmé stopped using handmaidens because of the death of Cordé?

Also, Happy Birthday to Lt. Piett!!!

15. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    I think that it would be great to see someone write a book based on the handmaidens. Or even a handmaiden that might not have been given a name. Maybe one of them ones seen at the funeral of Padme?

That actually reminds me of when we were trying to stump a DJ when ROTS came out. He said he would answer any Star Wars question. So, I asked him to name at least one other handmaiden aside from Padme (since she is mentioned by name). And he said it wasn't a valid question because it wasn't 'canon' and hung up. I was fuming about that for a very long time...

I do have an odd question. It is a more of a costuming question, but this is the handmaiden society. I am wanting to make a costume and decided on the battlemaiden from TPM. I looked around on Padawan's Guide, but does anyone have any other helpful advice?

16. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Sent you a PM. :~)

17. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    The triangle marks for the face paint resemble the concept art for Padmé. See this link for the concept art for what became the ATOC Blue poncho with the sunburst embroidery:

In the films, we see at most maybe 4 weeks of the various Naboo queens, so perhaps this is considered another variant that we just didn't happen to see.

The color of the marks is purple like the purple blue Apailana wears in ROTS, and the the foundation is that unnatural cream background, so it isn't too much of a stretch.
    ----
    On another topic, I was disappointed to read Rose Byrne has turned down appearing in the SW live action series. Seeing handmaidens we know in the intertrilogy period would be great.

18. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    Hi, People!

I'm sort of new to the forums, but this place was recommended to me by Lady_Padme_Organa, so I figured I'd check it out.:)

I don't actually know that much about the handmaidens, but I kind of figured I could learn on the job.[face_praying]

-QueenArdnassak

19. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    Oh welcome to the Royal Handmaiden Society. We do have an oath too.

And don't worry about not knowing about the handmaidens. We will help!

20. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    Ok, I'll take the oath.

I, QueenArdnassak, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

This is the oath, right?

-QueenArdnassak[face_chicken]

21. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    That's the one!

There was something else I wanted to say here, but forgot. Oh, well.

Welcome new RHSers! :)

22. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Yes, welcome. Make yourselves at home, and enjoy!

In the spirit of the day...
    What handmaiden is especially fond of April 1st?
    Sillé

Sorry, couldn't resist...

23. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    That's funny, GentleBant. I like it!

Also, did anyone ever notice that all the handmaiden's names end with "é"?

Rabé, Eirtaé, Saché, Yané, Sabé, Dormé, Versé, Cordé, Aloteé, and Ellé.

Why is that? Is it just because Padmé ends with "é" too?

-QueenArdnassak

24. Lady_Padme_Organa

Aug 5, 2006
    Welcome, newbies!![:D]

That's a funny joke, GentleBant! lol

Yes, Ardnassak (is it okay if I call you that?) we've all noticed the similarity in names. Honestly, no one is really sure why they all end with the accented e like they do. It's been speculated that the Handmaidens change their names to end thus as a sign of respect to the monarch, or that it might just be a cultural trend on Naboo to give their daughters a name ending with that 'e'. :)

Who really knows? (Maybe George Lucas, but anywho. . .)

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    That was a funny joke, GB!

And a big welcome to the new members, it's always nice to see fresh blood around here. [:D]