main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Royal Handmaiden Society: Episode 9: Revenge of the Handmaidens

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Knight-Ander, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Serafine_Tinaste

Serafine_Tinaste Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2009
    Hi! I hope you don't mind if I join. [face_blush]

I, Serafine_Tinaste, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

2. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    Hmm... Yeah, that sith border is really scary.[face_laugh]

Welcome, Serafine_Tinaste!

I think that Sabe knew that Leia was Padme's daughter the whole time. Not only by how she looked, but how she acted and how she was really good at politics. Sabe is no dummy. She would have seen it immediately.

3. Serafine_Tinaste

May 30, 2009
    I agree. Sabe definitely had know that Leia was Padme's daughter. But she was a body guard and knew that sometimes revealing the truth wasn't a good idea. She knew what was going on and didn't want to endanger Leia's life.

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Okay, I've got an idea that might just give our girls more recognition at the Official Site.

Recently starwars.com featured an article called The Women of Star Wars, with pictures and links to their database entries. Toward the bottom of each database entry, there's a place where you can give the entry a star-ed rating.

My idea, is that we go to all the entries for the handmaidens and give them 5-star ratings. I discovered that many of the handmaidens didn't even have ratings, yet, so it should be our goal to rate them as many times as we can. I don't know if it will work, or if anybody will take notice, but it's something.

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Great idea, I've just done that! Also it was the first time I noticed that one of the standmaidens had a name, Fé, didn't know about that earlier.

Also on Motee´s entry it said that she's the standin for Padmé. To me personally I would like to have it that she almost immediately replaced Cordé as decoy, and that Dormé was a decoy just for a very short while during AOTC.

I was also thinking that since we are celebrating 10 years this autumn I think we could have some celebration of it. I'm pretty sure that if someone could make a banner with just handmaidens, then we could ask to have it displayed in the forum for a while. First someone needs to make it though, I can't since I don't have anything more advanced than MS Paint to work with.

6. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Yeah, I think Sabe would have known something about the Padme-Leia mother-daughter connection. All that time spent near her, plus the timing and circumstances behind Leia's adoption and all. It would have added up in her head. It was probably a secret she took to her grave, though, as Leia had absolutely no idea of anything. She remembered her mother being sad, but not her name or where she came from or anything else. That, more than anything, tells me Sabe kept her mouth shut. Even though I'd wager my bank account that she wanted to tell Leia, and would have told her had the circumstances been different.

Anyway, regarding the banner and all: I've got Photoshop on my computer, and I sometimes do manips and stuff. If you want, I might be able to come up with something, since I was already thinking about doing somthing along those lines anyway. So if you want (and if you can wait a bit), I could do an anniversary banner or something.

Cheers

Specterace

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It's been a while now, but I think that in the novelisation of ROTJ, Leia muses on that she knew that she was adopted due to some remarks people had said when they thought she didn't hear. I've always seen it as Bail and Breha talking about her parents, but maybe Sabé slipped something as well.

8. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    I'm going to go give the handmaidens five stars right now! I don't care how long it takes me with my cursed slow dial-up connection!=D=

I also want to know how a certain bald bounty hunter even got on the list of SW women. She was only on for like three seconds!:mad::mad::mad:

I love the idea of a banner. That would be really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing it up.:D

9. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, if you look around on that list, there are quite a few women in there who you'll have trouble finding, too.

10. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Those of you with Photoshoppy skills may also want to come up with some new ideas for the RHS website, too! :~)

Welcome, btw!

K-A, thanks for the heads' up about the star rating. Will go vote accordingly.

And Hernault, good to see you, too!

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    For those of you wanting to make a banner it might be a good idea to check this thread out. Also a banner would need to have the text Star Wars Community and theforce.net on it somewhere.

12. Serafine_Tinaste

May 30, 2009
    We desperately need a new banner. Unfortunately I don't have photoshop nor the computer skills to use it.

13. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Did my starry-voting.

Couldn't find Versé anywhere, though...?

I found it easiest to locate the databank entries "By Appearance" then to just scroll by name, if that helps anyone.

14. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I also noted the lack of Versé, especially since Fé had an entry, then you would think a person who gives her life for Amidala would have had her own entry.

15. IamGrapefruit

IamGrapefruit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2009

I, IAmGrapefruit, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

Wow....that was confusing. with the I and the IamGrapefruit. and I have Amidala as a nickname...but that would've been a little awkward too. lol.

16. Serafine_Tinaste

May 30, 2009
    Welcome, IamGrapefruit!

17. IamGrapefruit

IamGrapefruit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2009
  18. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Welcome to the RHS!

Tonight I had a HM dream, or rather a HM costume dream. I actually came up with how I would like to construct the golden HM costume. So is anyone willing to give me a large amount of velvet and silk in matching colours so that I can start? :D

19. Serafine_Tinaste

May 30, 2009
    Velvet and silk? That might be a tad expensive. :p

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    and that is why I want someone to donate it to me.

No, this is my dream costume and I have decided not to cheat on the materials, that of course means that it's going to be a long time before I can afford making it. But I'm hoping that the result, when it comes, will be worth waiting for.

21. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    There is a wonderful pleated gold fabric at Overstock...it's a curtain set! But it has a much better pleat than the fabric I bought.

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I've given up on finding pre-pleated fabric. I've resigned myself to handpleat the whole dress when the time comes.

23. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    Hmm... That sounds like it's going to be hard to sew.

But it also sounds like an amazing dress. One that I might even wear.

And that's saying something. I hate most dresses.

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Think of it something like this, but with long sleeves and in a gold colour instead.

[image=http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/hispanicdesigners/img/jpgs/enlargements/2000-3021.jpg]

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    We talked earlier in the thread about the Star Wars concert in London. Now it has been confirmed that it's a tour, even if the "world-wide" concept so far included only US cities, I guess London made it "world-wide though". It has its own webpage here.