The Royal Handmaiden Society: Episode 9: Revenge of the Handmaidens

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Knight-Ander, Feb 11, 2006.

1. QueenArdnassak Jedi Master

star 4
    Your dress is going to be gorgeous. I love it![face_love]

Oh awesome![face_dancing] Wish I had enough money to go see it...:_|:rolleyes:
  2. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    I was thinking of this:
    Pleated Fabric
    but all my projects are sort of on hold right now.

And happy belated birthday to our N-Pop!
  3. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Happy Birthday, Andé!!!
  4. Lady_Eirtae Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey all!

Sorry I have been MIA so long. Welcome to the newbies and congrads GentleBant! How is everyone doing? I have been busy job hunting (which is most of it) and getting a few things together for Dragon Con (I really am behind on that). Where is this summer going?!

I can't believe it has been ten years! Though I still remember seeing those flame gowns and falling in love with them. And watching the girls fight back. I know there was Leia in the Original Trilogy, but I was thrilled to see them retake the palace like that.

And on a completely random note, has anyone else seen Fanboys?
  5. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Just want to check in on the So-Cal handmaidens regarding the fires. From what little I know, I think you're not affected, but I just want to make sure.

This is almost becoming an annual thing, isn't it?
  6. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I have the DVD of Fanboys, but I've decided to wait until our next FF meeting. I think it's a lot funnier to see it with other nerds, compared to just sitting by yourself.
  7. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Didn't get to see Fanboys, yet. Will though!

Doing OK in my neck of the woods, fire-wise.

Who's going to the SW Concerts?
  8. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Well I had hoped that they would be in Europe for a while, since they started in London. Now apparently that's not the case. :(

Also I'm having handmaidens interfering in my job at the moment. Or rather, I'm writing a summary from a conference on garden tourism, and one of the organisations that was talked about was the Royal Horticultural Society, of course abbreviated to RHS. Even their website is:rhs.org.uk Personally I much prefer our brave ladies, instead of flowers and plants.
  9. SithArdnassak Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have to agree with you, Obi Anne.
  10. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I'm watching a Keira film, it's been very long since I did that. It's Love Actually, and usually it's the film I see around Christmas, but it's on TV and I'm down with a cold so I don't even have the energy to swap channel.
  11. QueenArdnassak Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome! The only Keira movie I've watched is Pirates of the Carribean 1, 2, and 3.:p
  12. oB-Anshee Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would definitely recommened Bend it like Beckham, I think that's my favorite non-POTC film with Keira. Love Actually is better, but her part is pretty small and it's more of an ensemble cast. King Arthur has its good moments, but I don't think the Guinevere plot is one of those. (I spend most of KA just drooling over Clive Owen and Mads Mikkelsen).
  13. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE:

Hasbro has a new fan poll out for the fans :to cast their votes for their favorite character destined to be made into an action figure" and Dormé, Cordé, Queen Jamilla, and Queen Apailana are on the list!

Like the Senate has a fondness of saying "Vote now! Vote now!"

They're up against some pretty stiff competition, and I'm not sure how many times you are allowed to vote (you don't have to register for anything), but vote as often as you can.

14. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, would have missed that! Thanks for the update!

And I need to see a Keira film sometime...hmmmm....
  15. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    It is possible to at least vote more than once...[face_mischief]
  16. Jadia Jedi Knight

Greetings! I've been lurking in the shadows of handmaiden fandom for the last 9 years, having only recently rediscovered the Council Forums and this wonderful page. It's about time this is made official! I've been a handmaiden fan since Episode I. My friends and I took handmaiden names in high school, and we still use those names for each other. I've watched your community from afar, so now, with this introduction, may I join it?

I, Jadia, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.
  17. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Welcome to the RHS, it's always great to see new members posting here. :)
  18. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome, Jadia! Make yourself at home. :~)

ObiAnne, did lots of voting. :~D
  19. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
  20. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    So, who's going to Celebration 5 in Orlando, August 12-15 next year?

Hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving last week had a good holiday. :)
  21. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    That's right after my daughter's birthday, the first week of preschool, and the week before school starts for my husband and son...plus, it's a really far away location...

:~(
  22. Lieutenant Piett Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa . . . been a while . . .

Welcome Jadia! Amazing; some ten years later (!?) we're still finding new recruits . . .:D

C-Five: absolutely maybe! There seems to be a strong tremor in the FanForce of the NYC System to go to it, but the notion of at the Florida system -- in August, no less -- I usually jump to hyperspace in the opposite direction when it comes to heat and humidity . . . [face_tired][face_sick]

**Piétt**
  23. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I'm going to be there, even if my body is more suited to Hoth-like climates. I really hope we can have a RHS meet again, wouldn't be a celebration without it.
  24. Jadia Jedi Knight

I hear you, Obi-Anne, about the Hoth-like conditions. Sounds like you're a Michigander too? It's a wonderful 21 degrees without the windchill right now. Lovely

Thanks for the welcomes! What fun a Celebration would be... don't know if it'll swing, but who knows what will happen in the next few months? Agreed, Piett - Florida in August? Gracious, what were they thinking? But hey, Star Wars is Star Wars...
  25. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Actually I'm from Sweden, and at the moment we have around -20 c here, I think that's around -4 f, but still I prefer that to sweating.

When it comes to Celebration I'm planning to spend most of the time indoors anyway, and I'm in a hotel just on the other side of the convention centre. AC for the win.