Fanclub The Royal Handmaiden Society: Episode 9: Revenge of the Handmaidens

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Knight-Ander, Feb 11, 2006.

1. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Have to say that I'm *not* good about watching other movies...

And thanks for the saves, NP!
  2. Anakin_Skywalker20 Force Ghost

star 5
    Im watching Damages. Rose Byrne is really good. If I were to pick one handmaiden, Dorme would be my fave.
  3. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I'm not sure. To me Dormé seemed to be a bit whimpy at the goodbye scene in AOTC.
  4. Anakin_Skywalker20 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well... she was concerned for Amidala's safety. Wish she was in ep3. I hate it when a character gets introduced regardless of the screen time they get, they don't appear in the next film. Rose should have been in ep3.
  5. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Yes, her total change of handmaidens between TPM and AOTC could be explained by the time and change of her status, but to totally replace Dormé was worse.

Now of course this gives me a bunch of plot bunnies on what Dormé did, too bad I suck at writing.
  6. Anakin_Skywalker20 Force Ghost

star 5
    well I was thinking of doing some writing that evolves around her and this character I not only created for a fan fic a number of years back but also used the same character's name in this game I have been playing for a few months: star wars galaxies. The character's name is Ulic Korien. There were times where I was thinking of writing him as Anakin's real father... but that would mean I'd have to come up with a different name. I haven't really started yet... It is gonna be a long while until I can get around to doing it...
  7. Harpalyce Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I saw this and thought of this thread. The newest Alexander McQueen stuff (sans McQueen - RIP), in the ballgowns, strikes me as very much Nabooian. I could see the handmaidens wearing these, especially the last one featured here -
    [image=http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/39/2010/06/am14.jpg]
    http://jezebel.com/5576589/mcqueens-first-collection-without-mcqueen/gallery/?skyline=true&s=i is the full link.

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/F2008RTW-AMCQUEEN?page=2 is another excellent gallery of McQueen's work. Gowns like this strike me as very otherworldly and Nabooian...
    [image=http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/F2008RTW/AMCQUEEN/RUNWAY/00420m.jpg]

I hope it helps inspire someone's art or fanfiction :)
  8. Jaina_Trickster Force Ghost

star 1
    I, Jaina_Trickster, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

I'm back from a three year break. How is everyone doing? [:D]

I love the above two outfits. I could totally see the handmaidens wearing any of those.
  9. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree! Very Naboo in style...

And welcome back, Jaina!

I always liked to tell myself that just maybe, Dormé was still working for Padmé. I read somewhere that Sabé was watching over Leia on Alderaan.
  10. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Yep, the Sabé on Alderaan is apparently true, don't know how that come to be though.

Out of the outfits I think the first one is very HM-ish, the second one not so much, I think that would be more suited to a senator.
  11. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, so who's all going to CV?
  12. Lieutenant Piett Jedi Master

star 4
    'twasn't me, GB!

(Funné! I still know how to type markup codes as if it were still 1999...)

Né; the Imperial Budget had room for one Con, so I chose Dragon*Con instead. That and given that CV was taking place in the Florida System in the height of August heat -- like Tatooine by way of Dagobah -- yecch.

I think SW-dom @ D*Con '10 took a bit of a hit since CV had only just taken place, and most likely, budgets were thus blown. Nevertheless, I did see plenty of Amidalae/Padmé getups, but no obvious HMry like Flame Gowns or such. That I saw! I mean, this yr there was a population-of-Coruscant-like attendance, and I missed the Parade (zzzzzzz).

The only outright SW event I went to was a fun lil' panel discussion on ESB, what with its 30th anniversary this year (oy!). Nostalgic! No HM's in ESB of course but it did have awesome Direction and lots of gravitas, you know...

And though in the context of another fandom, inadvertantly -- the R.H.S. was represented, though I only realized this after the fact!

**Piétt**
  13. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I was at CV, I didn't see much of hm-ness though. Afterwards I've seen pics of a golden throne room HM, but I missed her.

I think this is the closest we get to a pic of the RHS.

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs218.snc4/39258_1485028078530_1018710032_31412428_1896688_n.jpg]

It's me and Handmaiden_Yané comparing our high heels at a party.
  14. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Love the foot pic! :~D And sounds like you guys had fun.

On a side note, in watching Clone Wars last night, I believe I saw a handmaiden/servant type waiting on Padmé and Duchess Satine.
  15. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Great.

I also guess you've heard that TPM will come in 3D in 2012. I'm really torn between if I should make the golden throne room HM or Amidala's Return to Naboo.
  16. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    BOTH!

I've decided to wait until I can get a better toned velvet for the hood/cape/robe assembly on my throne room handmaiden. I'm using the velvet I had to remake my flame gown (again!) instead.

17. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I can't afford that much velvet to make both costumes. I did find a really nice pre-wrinkled silk for the HM though, even if I've said that when I do it, then I want to handpleat it.
  18. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Do you have a pic of the silk?
  19. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    [image=http://www.cheapfabrics.co.uk/thestore/images/gallery/albums/day1/wm90_scrgd.sized-320x240.jpg]

It's a bit shiny, but I think the texture is really nice.
  20. QueenArdnassak Jedi Master

star 4
    I, sadly, am not going to CV for several reasons, not the least of which is that my mother hates Star Wars and thinks that everyone online is a stalker or a serial rapist.[face_worried]

I think if she met y'all she might change her tune, but... *sigh*

On a lighter note, those are both lovely gowns, totally Nabooian, and I love your silk, Obi-Anne! :D
  21. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Well it's not mine yet. And I'm leaning towards the Travel Gown instead of the HM, but I might change my mind again if something comes up.
  22. waheennay Jedi Master

star 4
  23. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, Clone Wars tonight...I tuned in at the end. Teckla was there, with a speaking role, and was referred to as one of Padmé's aides. Anyone watch the whole episode? Was she also supposed to be a handmaiden in this one, or a servant, or.....?
  24. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Despite my biased opinion, I'm pretty sure we can get away with calling her a handmaiden. She didn't skulk around in the corners like a silent bodyguard, but she did have some assisting duties, plus she was there with Padmé's wig, ready to get her all spruced-up for her big speech in front of the Senate.

I say that it is official; handmaidens have made it into The Clone Wars. :)
  25. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Even more Handmaidens-in-The-Clone-Wars news!

I was flipping through the latest issue of Star Wars Magazine: The Clone Wars today at the bookstore and discovered that the comic featured inside also features Sabé and Eritaé!

The Separatists have hired a bunch of thugs to kidnap Senator Amidala to prevent her from giving a rallying speech to the Senate (if I had known Speech was that important, I would have paid more attention in school!) Turns out that one thug grabbed Eritaé and the other grabbed Sabé. An argument between the thugs ensues about who kidnapped the real senator just before Anakin shows up for the rescue.

Upon their safe return Obi-Wan clues Anakin into the fact that it was all a ruse while the council hid Padmé and used her decoys to flush the villains out. Anakin gets the final word with a sigh, "Typical bureaucrats, everything in triplicate!" :p