main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The RPF Adoptions Game: DANGER ROOM - Scenario 3 now playing!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by NaboosPrincess, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucki

Lucki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna Mcknight

Brenna blinked at the second nice gesture of the day. Normally she was not one to induce a chivelrous feeling in males, she was small and pretty in a gamine way but was normally so self sufficient men overlooked her for the more lets just say statuesque blondes. She mentally shrugged well she wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth, she gave Mr. Raerdon her arm and flashed the Dr. a smile "Please join us, I would like to talk with you more on this whole murder business, I believe we may be able to find the killer responsible if we work together." She debated offering him her other arm but decided against it as she looked up the staircase, it may make her more close to the two men than she would have liked.

TAG: Doctor, Reardon, Grut, anyone

2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    GM OOC: For anyone new out there, you can still join in anytime you want to! :) Don't worry about feeling intrusive or not knowing what is going on, it is rather quite simple, and we will welcome you! :D

For your information, this scenario started on this page.
    (end edit)

[i]Scenario II: Mansion mystery[/i]

[b]IC as Mr. Grut:[/b]
    [i]Ascending the spiral staircase, Mansion[/i]

[blockquote]Grut looked out across the group of people and had to smirk at the reaction his shout had caused. But it was short-lived?and didn't look anything like a smile. A smile, however?a large one in fact?was what he got from the dementia kid as he climbed past. Taking another step on the staircase, Grut simply frowned at the kid's total lack of appreciation. Of what, he wasn't fully sure, as he had no idea what he meant, but he now found himself frowning with loss at whatever came out of that mouth.

Turning back to the uniformed man who had also responded to him, Grut noticed that there was now another man, although a bit worse for wear, with Brenna. He recalled from what he had overheard of their conversation with the redhead that the two men had called themselves Rodney and Reardon. Which was which, he had no clue. He didn't bother to offer them his own name.

"If star jumps take your fancy, mate, then I for one will not stop you?I will simply look at you with distaste," Grut responded to the comment the man with a shoulder patch had made. He sounded like a Reardon. "Eh, and why do you think this so-called killer would be around here to hunt us down, Mr. Reardon?" He looked directly at the man?there was no mistaking who he was talking to.

"Perhaps you would like to tell us what you were doing the night of the murder?" Grut ask suspiciously, as what the man had said earlier caused him to return his pipe to his mouth. The tidy uniform was getting on his nerves, as was the reason why he was wearing it. He could only assume the worst?that he was a stuck-up army reject that attempted to wow his imaginary friends with his clothing.

Glancing at Brenna, he saw more clearly the man that had entwined his arm with hers. Looking up at this Rodney, he gave him a sly wink.[/blockquote]
    [b]TAG: Lucki, Livi-Wan, Sith-I-5[/b]

3. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    GM Update

No, no, no, you have to understand. Really! I'm not dead! :p

I've actually chosen to sit this scenario out, though I must say, I rather regret I have, ha ha. Very well written Kart, great plot!
    Either way, I'm still here to GM and answer any questions for you.

Your Neighborhood Nerd, Rayson

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Quincy P. Shackleford

"Mr. Grut, I do believe that the answer is quite obvious," interjected Quincy.

He took a few steps up the stairs, gripping his cane firmly. There was indeed a possibility that this was all a trap, but Quincy wasn't about to let that get in his way.

"As we are all people of some importance, the killer could stand to gain a lot from our deaths, especially if he, or she, knows us." he continued, before taking out his pipe again and puffing on it.

Tag: Grut, Brenna, Reardon, the Doctor

5. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna cocked her head at Quincey's statement she untwined her arm from Reardon and began to tap her finger on her lower lip " I agree that some of us are of importance, but I am just a reporter and as far as I know no one would have reason to kill me. Why would they want to kill you? In fact why doesn't everyone give me a reason why they believe someone would want to kill them?" She glanced at Mr. Grut and, Reardon, the doctor and Quincey, Were they just here to be picked off one by one? Would thye be a help or a hinderence? That was what was going through her mind as she began to naw on her lip and visualize the deringer in her purse.

TAG: Quincey, Grut, Reardon, Doc, Anyone who would like to jump in

6. Master_Valar

Master_Valar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Trenton Banner
    Enroute to second story

Trent followed the general flow of people up the stairs where the butler led. He was in no real rush. The answers would be there still when he got to the top. He took another long drag, getting as much nicotine as he could before he would have to pull out another. His pack was low, after all.

Once the butler was settled, Trent would continue his questions.

Tag: GM

7. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy Shackleford

Quincy smiled.

"Well, you are right about a few things, Ms. McKnight. Not all of us are incredibly important." he said, taking another drag on his pipe. "I run a publishing company. Nothing fancy, but I am fairly well-known. Why anyone would want to kill a publisher is beyond me, but it has happened before, for instance, once when I was in Singapore..." he said, trailing off.

That was far too long a story to get into now.

Tag: Brenna, Reardon, Grut, others

8. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Stuart E.K Reardon

"Eh, and why do you think this so-called killer would be around here to hunt us down, Mr. Reardon?" Ah, this was more like the opium trips. The man was talking to him, but facing Overalls. Definetley drug-dream behaviour. "Perhaps you would like to tell us what you were doing the night of the murder?"

"Pardon me, old chap-" Stuart began, trying to correct the man's mistake, before he was interrupted by.. Goodness gracious, Quincy Shackleford! Owner of Shackleford books and one of the many, many publishers who failed to recognize the poet's inherent genius. But what was he doing inside Stuart's head? Was this really a crazy trip or was it real life? Who knew? Who could ever know?

Quincy's voice prevented Stuart from drowning in philosophy.

"Mr. Grut, I do believe that the answer is quite obvious. As we are all people of some importance, the killer could stand to gain a lot from our deaths, especially if he, or she, knows us."

Brenna spoke up in reply, untagnling her arm from his.

" I agree that some of us are of importance, but I am just a reporter and as far as I know no one would have reason to kill me. Why would they want to kill you? In fact why doesn't everyone give me a reason why they believe someone would want to kill them?"

Quincy launched into an explanation of how unimportant he was in the social scale of things, a complete fabrication as he well knew. In Stuart's opinion he was one of the most celebrated explorers in Britain, and proud of it. His own father had often sponsored the man to go forth and find brave new soap consumers. Well, no time for that now.

"'Fraid I haven't got a bally penny. No-one could profit from killing me." he piped up. "Would be more but some people don't appreciate good poetry, don'cher'know."

[TAG Lucki, Sith-I-5, Peng, etc]

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy P. Shackleford

Quincy turned to listen to Reardon, and nearly dropped his pipe in surprise. It couldn't be the same man, there was no possible way. Quincy thought that Sir John's son was dead. That's what he'd been led to believe, after all, Stuart was always going off on journeys.

As he looked at the man, he took in his features - unkempt hair, brwon eyes, rugged looks - it was Stuart Reardon. The man was a poet, and a damn good one, at that, but Quincy had been hesitant to let his company sign him, Reardon was too...unreliable...an asset.

This was a decision Quincy had found very difficult. He knew Sir John, the man had helped him out years ago, he was a friend. But his son was so...sociopathic! He was a bad investment, and Quincy had tried to make this clear to Sir John. The subject of Stuart's career was a touchy one with Sir John, and he and Quincy had never truly disscussed it.

Tag: Stuart

10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Scenario II: Mansion mystery

IC as Mr. Grut:
    Ascending the spiral staircase, Mansion

"Heh, the world wants to kill us all, my dear," Grut responded with disinterest to Brenna's general question. Looking across at Quincy, he let out a wisp of smoke from his mouth as he removed his own pipe from his lips. He limped up another step, as he saw that they were now towards the rear of the group.

"I suppose this killer might have reason to gain from some of our... deaths. But how could he know that so many of us would be here on this night?" Grut wondered aloud. It gave him a bad feeling. "If he wants to kill me, come do it now!" he rumbled. "I have nothing to fear in this pitiful life."

Grut started to make his way up a few more of the steps. "Eh, it could even be a 'she', my mistake," he amended his earlier statements. He wondered if any of them were even listening to him, as this dishevelled Rodney fellow and Quincy seemed to be in a staring battle of some sort.

He let a frown appear on his face as he leaned against his cane. No respect, these young'uns....

TAG: Lucki, Penguinator-176, Livi-Wan, Sith-I-5

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Rodney McKay, the Grut Group

McKay brushed off any accusatory questions, he was only killing time here, after all.
    And he didn?t miss the looks between Reardon and Shackleford, so full of some inner meaning that he was waiting for one or the other to say they were in a long-term relationship with a landscape gardener.

?Look, you can fling about the accusations and the prophecies of doom, but in the ten minutes that I?ve taken any notice of you people, I?ve noticed the situation to be awash with inconsistencies. You,? He looked directly up at Grut, ?said, ?night of the murder?. Now, if it happened tonight, you would have said ?tonight?, but you didn?t. If indeed this death happened before tonight, why would you, or Mister Reardon come to that, assume the killer was still here. That?s a jump worthy of an Olympic athlete. As for he or she; what about it? Rule One of battling extra-terrestrials; never discount the it. Actually, I better get a look at the body, discount the ?its? so the deerstalker brigade can get on with sorting out motive.?

Spurred on by the thought of some activity in his area, McKay slipped sideways from the Grut train, and bounded up four steps ahead of them, with the Zat in his right hand ? it was doubtful that anyone would recognise it for the weapon it was - then turned to look over the heads of those beneath him for that of the butler.

?You there. Harold, is it? Where is this bathroom where your employer died? Body still there?? He refused to countenance the word ?master? except for referring to a male youngster; this wasn?t the Dark Ages.

Tag: Grut, Harold, and the rest of Grut 4 Securitas

12. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna just shook her head and mentaly smacked evryone upside the head, there was no point in all this supposing. They needed the cold hard facts and they needed to find out who did it before they all killed eachother. Pretty soon suspicians would fly and more and more people would brandish their...er...weapons if that is what McKay had in his hand and than things would start to get ugly. She offered her arm to Mr. Grut," what say we get to our destination without any further..interuptions?"

TAG: GM, Mr. GRut and the Grut gang.

13. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    GM IC - The Butler

Finally reaching the top of the stairs ... it felt like a decade ... Harold turned left and headed down the corridor, everyone else following and speaking between themselves as they waited impatiently to see what all the fuss was about, and such. A dim light at the far end of the long passageway was all they could see, every other door along the way closed and locked tight. Not that Harold didn't trust any of them, but he had to be safe. He blamed his upbringing for that.

At the end of the corridor, an open window hidden behind curtains was the victim to a howling wind outside, in turn explaining why the light fixture above their heads swayed almost frantically. The dance of the devil, perhaps. Turning the corner, Harold stopped next to an old wooden framed door, and turned to face those behind him.

"This, I'm sad to say, is the murder scene. I'd suggest to you not to touch anything inside as it may contaminate any evidence currently still within the room."

The door opened with a loud creek, Harold reaching inside to turn on a small light switch on the inside wall. Once lit, the travelling companions would step inside into a bathroom. White tiles on the floor, white curtains around the shower, a soft blue texture colour to the walls. The bathroom mirror had a crack going along the bottom edge, ironically pointing downwards to the sink below it, the plug hidden under crimson water. A trail of red led them to the right, and the bathtub in the far corner. Fingerprints covered the taps as, again, water stained red filled the tub to the top. No body was in sight, having been moved long before they arrived.

"So," Harold said in a grim tone, "Any questions?"

tag: All

14. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Stuart E.K Reardon

Breaking off a heated staring match with Qiuncy (or the dream of Quincy, or... you get the picture), Stuart went up the rest of the stairs and peered inside the bathroom where the unfortunate Jimmy had been found.The first thing Stuart noticed was how much blood there was. In the sink, the bathtub, on the floor... he felt quite dizzy.

"I.. I need some air." he moaned, staggering back to lean against the wall again.

[TAG Others]

15. Master_Valar

Master_Valar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Trenton Banner
    The scene

"So," Harold said in a grim tone, "Any questions?"

Trent rubbed the stubble on his chin, already having put out his spent smoke. There was blood everywhere, not that it bothered him. He saw a lot more blood a lot more often. One of the other men appeared to be sick.

"I.. I need some air." he moaned, staggering back to lean against a wall.

Trent ignored him, deciding that his attention would be better spent on the butler.

"I have some. Approximately what time did you discover the body? Did you notice anything unusual about him? Besides, of course, that he was dead." Trent inquired, pulling his notepad out once more.

Tag- GM

16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy P. Shackleford

Quincy turned to see the body at about the same time Stuart did. What he saw took his breath away.

"Good lord..." muttered Quincy, sniffing the air. The stench of blood permeated the room, and he felt like gagging. Blood everywhere, the sink, the tub, all over the taps... It was gruesome.

Quincy's mind raced, now that he could see the scene. A suicide, perhaps? No. A suicide would've been a bit more...clean. The mirror was cracked, maybe a shard was used as the murder weapon. Or Jimmy had been attacked, while preparing for the day, sink filled for shaving, and tub filled for a bath. Perhaps his assailant had attacked him from behind, smashing him into the mirror, breaking it, then killed him and left in the tub. But why was the sink filled with bloody water?

Attacked, a shard of glass in his hand, his hand slips into the sink... Then the attacker finishes him off, and places him in the tub. Or he fell into the tub...

There was no visible weapon, so perhaps the murderer had taken it with him. It was possible and likely; weapons could be traced back to their owners. Obviously, the killer would not want to be found. Was it possible that the butler did this? No...No. The window was open, wind howling through it in the hallway. An outsider, then. Or made to look like an outsider...

"Where exactly was the body found? The tub?" inquired Quincy.

Tag: GM

17. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna swallowed hard as she took in the scene in front of her. She had never seen so much blood in her lfe, and she had never smelled something as bad either. She debated tying her hankerchief around her mouth but dismissed it when she remembered she had once agian forgotten to bring one. Instead she tried to consintrate on what the butler was saying without yarking up her lunch. Who could have done this horrible thing? Well she intended to find out! The man responsible needed to be brought to justice and she was going to let the people of the world now about the man that had done this she dug out her tape recorder and began her ususal mumblings and musings.

Tag: GM, Grut Gang

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005

IC as Mr. Grut:
    Ascending the spiral staircase to the bathroom, Mansion

Watching Reardon walk past him and up to the top of the stairs while holding some strange item in his hand, Grut simply shook his head. After hearing out the man, he realised that he had made a wrong assumption by saying that the murder had been at night. With all the eeriness of the mansion and known murder, nighttime had automatically jumped into his mind?or else it had just seemed right when someone mentioned it earlier. Regardless, Grut decided that he should find out when it really was when the right time arose to ask.

"Let us," he responded grimly to Brenna's asking that they should move on. With a wave of the pipe he held in his hand, he rejected the offered arm that she held out. He didn't want any help?or a lady that close. Focusing on the task at hand, he made it to the second level of the mansion with a final push against his cane to help him up?and to physically push away the feelings that Brenna had just brought to the surface.

Following after the group and Harold, Grut slipped past the man with an arm patch on his uniform. "Us, humans, don't usually think about extra-terrestrials when sanely looking at murder cases," he said wryly with a wink as he went on by.

He wasn't the first to get a look at the bathroom which had been the host of a murder not so long ago. Some people backed away from the sight or seemed to take the scene very hard?but Grut simply added a touch of smoke to the bloody smell with a puff on his pipe. These things happen, he thought without mercy.

One young lad didn't appear to be affected either, and asked a question straight away. When a notepad and pencil appeared in the man's hands, Grut remembered exactly who he was. Seeing Brenna with a tape recorder, he waited until after Quincy spoke up before turning calmly back to Harold.

"So... who gets to own all of Jimmy's things now that he's gone?" Grut's pipe moved around in his mouth as he spoke. "Or more specifically, this mansion and wealth," he amended.

TAG: Kartanym, Sith-I-5, Lucki, anyone

19. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna scowled at Mr. Grut's question, it just seemed so..so callous. Than she shook her head, of course...he was looking for a motive. Well she at least hoped he was looking for a motive, she glanced uneasily his way trying to figure him out.

Brenna raised her hand and called out "was there a wife or mistress of any sort?" it may sound anti femenist but it was normally one of those two that had committed similiar crimes.

TAG: GM, Grut, Anyone

20. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    GM IC - The Butler

A noise from down the hall caught Harold's attention before he answered any of the questions put before him by the disturbed group. Perhaps that loose cable in the dining room again, he considered.

"Yes well ... let's see ... according to the police report I was given, I discovered the body an hour after the incident occured. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but with all those magical things they use ... technology they call it ... I can't argue with it. It was there," he pointed to the tub, "under the water. Five stab wounds to the back, though the actual cause of death is still un-certain. They believe he may have drowned before anything else."

"So... who gets to own all of Jimmy's things now that he's gone?" Grut's pipe moved around in his mouth as he spoke. "Or more specifically, this mansion and wealth," he amended.

He expected someone, at the very least, to ask such a question. Without hesitation, he responded.

"I will be selling the house and all items within, as there isn't anyone else left in the family bloodline to call it their own. All the money raised will then be given to charities worldwide ... at my Master's request."

He smiled, nodded to the pipe munching gentlemen, then shifted back towards the door.

"Come ... I'm sure most of you are fed up with this scene. I think a good drink is in order," he said, leading them back down the stairs to the lounge area.

tag: All

21. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Mac

Mac stood in the Bathroom, nodding his head and biting his upper lip. Yep, that was a murder alright. All the blood and stuff. Hollywood really knew how to make their sets. The others asked questions which Mac paid little attention to. He was far more interested in other things....

He had to find the cameras, without looking like he was finding the cameras.

Oh yes, thats what his friend Steven Kolski had told him. In a TV show and you find the cameras, then America would love you forever. You get the best shots, you can premeditate your lines. It was one stop shopping on the road to success. But it all came with a caveat of course. If the people knew you had found the cameras, then the spell is broken. You become just another actor, and in Mac's case, a poor one at that.

Ah the games we play....

The butler said something about drinks and Mac's ears perked right on up.

"Capital my man. I'm a little parched myself here. Always up for a good drink."

TAG: All

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy

Quincy moved downstairs with Mac.

The amount of blood was amazing. Nothing he'd read could prepare him for that. A drink sounded like a good idea, and the general consensus agreed with him, but Quincy had doubts as to whether he could keep it down after that.

As he walked down the stairs, he glanced at Stuart. He'd need to talk with him later.

Tag: All

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005

IC as Mr. Grut:
    Bathroom and back down the stairs, Mansion

Grut just stared back at the smile offered to him by the Butler. The man had readily answered his question, with what would appear to most as a very noble course of action. But Grut couldn't help but wonder if Harold was in fact wrong with his statement that no one else was left in Jimmy's bloodline. Someone may turn up on the unsuspecting Butler with a claim to the mansion. Although that would be mighty suspicious, he realised.

But if the Butler was right, it did answer Brenna's question. Grut had noticed that Harold had not directly answered the lady, but realised that it had been on purpose. And he hadn't noticed the look she had given him as he asked his question.

As Harold turned around and headed back down the stairs, Grut nodded at Brenna before quickly limping after him?quickly for an old man with a cane, that is.

"Master Butler," he said to Harold as he came alongside him on the staircase, purposely giving him the wrong title. "I'm afraid you didn't quite fully answer that young detective lad's question. What time in the day did you find your Jimmy fellow dead?"

Grut took his pipe out of his mouth before continuing. "One more thing. Have the police determined how the killer entered the mansion?"

TAG: Kartanym, Lucki

24. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Doctor McKay

McKay followed the others down the staircase, learning more from the butlers quote from the police report than from the Bathroom of Doom. That place was a charnel house.

He trotted down after Harold, excitedly talking ten to the dozen, "Five times in the back? Five?! What, no defence cuts on the palms? For someone to get that close behind without this Jimmy guy being alerted, we are talking a ninja, a girl, or, and I'm leaning heavily towards this latter option, a friend or aquaintance of the deceased. Which means, the butler should know who they are, or at least, be able to narrow down the suspect list to that group, rather than the six billion viable suspects we had a few moments ago. So, Harold, how about a list of your employer's acquaintances that have visited the house in the last six months? Do you have a visitors log?"

The scientist suddenly halted, pain shooting up from his ankle as a foot slipped off the step. Wildly, he pointed his Zat towards Jimmy's loyal retainer.

"Whoa, whoa. How come there isn't any police tape across the bathroom door? It's a sodding crime scene. They haven't been here at all, have they? What really is going on here, old man?"

Tag: Harold, others

25. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna kept quiet, preffering to let the others ask the questions as she mumbled into her recorder. This was interesting..most interesting. She walked forward a bit to get a better look at the bathtub, and slipped on the tile almost plunging into the bloody bathtub. Shaken she stepped out of the room and leaned against the wall to catch her breath.

TAG: Mr. Grut, anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.