main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The RPF Adoptions Game: DANGER ROOM - Scenario 3 now playing!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by NaboosPrincess, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    GM IC - The Butler

"Mr ... McKay," Harold squinted at the label on the strange man's jacket, "I'd appreciate if you didn't point that weapon at me at this time. Now, in answering your question, the police were indeed here and I removed the tape before arrived so as not to get in your way when you all arrived. I'm sure you can understand that. And my Master did not have any other cuts to his hands or any other area of his body. Perhaps the killer snuck up on him."

Harold continued down the staircase. "As for your questions, Mr Grut, the time was a quarter to three in the afternoon ... I'm sure I already told you, but nevermind. As for how the killer came in, there's currently no explanation for it, I'm afraid."

Meanwhile, back up in the crime scene bathroom, a small window silently opened...

tag: All

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Doctor Rodney McKay

The good doctor was about to respond to the butler, when he heard the welcome sound of a voice coming over his headset.

"Doctor McKay?"

He paused, putting a finger to the device in his ear to respond, gratitude clear in his voice. "Oh, thank God! I was beginning to worry."

"Are you alright?"

"Well, I thought I would have to do star jumps for a moment there," He glared at Grut. "but it turned out okay."

"We can beam you out of there, if you want."

"Please. Beam me already."

While the others either ignored him or wondered what he was going on about, the Canadian's body was suddenly enveloped by a warm-white glow, then as it disappeared, he had gone also.

Tag: no-one

OOC: Bye.

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    OOC: Goodbye, Sith-I-5.

Scenario II: Mansion mystery

IC as Mr. Grut:
    Spiral staircase, Mansion

Stepping carefully, Grut continued on down the stairs as Harold answered his questions. He had also heard the excited Reardon try to pin the poor Butler into being involved with the case as he waved an item around dangerously. A mention of star jumps and a disgruntled look caused Grut to wonder who, exactly, the clean-cut man was talking to as he continued to mumble some things.

And then suddenly, he vanished.

"I didn't know he was a magician," Grut murmured without stopping. The way the man had disappeared was quite spectacular.

"You must have some good holographic projectors installed in this mansion, Harold," he commented with raised eyebrows to the Butler as he went down the staircase. Finding the last step, Grut wondered briefly where the young lady?Brenna, that was it?had ventured off to. He remembered leaving her at the bathroom, but so far she hadn't made her way back down the stairs.

Young people just love snooping off without asking....

"So what now, Harold?" Grut turned back to the Butler as he spoke. "Do you have further information to tell us, or can we have a look around?" he asked politely.

TAG: Kartanym, Lucki

4. Lucki

Lucki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna walked briskly downstairs wanting to get as far from the grisly scene as possible.Her mind was whirling with questions and possible scenerios. She looked around for Grut and when she spotted him fairly trotted to his side. Panting a little she let out a long breath " So did you solve the mystery yet? You remind me of the kind of guy that would have it all figured out in about 10 minutes, kinda like Matlock." She looked around, something or someone was missing "did we lose somebody?"

TAG: Grut

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005

IC as Mr. Grut:
    Bottom of the spiral staircase, Mansion

"Sorry to disappoint you madam, but there are many possibilities in this mystery. Unless something obvious happens, it will be hard to pinpoint the murder so quickly," Grut responded sharply to Brenna as she walked up to him. When she asked if someone was missing, he lightened up.

"You could say that." He winked. "But I'm sure that the magician is hiding behind the staircase as we speak." Grut looked around as he spoke, seeing that the group had somewhat diminished. Glancing back at the Butler, he stepped forward and offered Brenna his arm. He was tired.

"Shall we investigate the nature of the drinks in the lounge area, Ms McKnight?"

Grut didn't even crack a smile.

TAG: Lucki

6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Quincy P. Shackleford

Quincy had already made himself comfortable in the lounge when the others arrived. He sat in a comfortable chaise, and his coat and hat rested on the left arm of the luxurious chair. His cane leaned against the small table enxt to him.

As he sipped idly at his drink (a Sprite soda, incidentally), he contemplated the murder.

It was all so...loose. The butler's story was flawed, not through personal complications, but lack of facts. The body was gone, as was most of the evidence. The only real proof that a murder had occured was the blood and it's rank stench.

Tag: All

7. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna Mcknight

Brenna smarted slightly at the rebukful tone, than shrugged it off. She accepted his arm and they began to detour to the lounge "I think that's a grand idea Mr.Grut"

She began to think, who could have committed this ghastly murder? Was that person in this house silently gloating at their stupidity? She felt suddenly as if she were being watched. Seeing Quincey she steered Grut in thats direction, it was time they all had a good chat, and a good drink.

TAG: Grut, Quincey, GM

8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005

IC as Mr. Grut:
    Lounge area, Mansion

Letting himself almost be pulled along by Brenna, Grut and the lady approached where they saw Quincy already seated. Stepping forward with his cane, he showed Brenna to a comfortable two-seater couch beside the entrepreneur. Before taking a seat himself, he tipped his hat at Quincy.

"Mr. Shackleford, enjoying your drink?" he asked mildly before getting to his point. "May I ask where you got it from?"

Grut looked back at Brenna. "What may I get this fine lady to satisfy her thirst?" Remembering that she had stayed at the murder scene for longer, he continued in typical Grut style. "And what were you doing upstairs after everyone journeyed downstairs?" He found himself laying off a touch. "Find anything?"

TAG: Lucki, Penguinator-176

9. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna could feel a flush creep up her neck. Seh answered his first question "I would greatly enjoy a sherry if they have any" she nibbled her lower lip "As to your other question, no I didn't fid anything I was actually down the hall trying to catch my breath, I'm afraid I didn't take the whole gallons of blood thing very wel" she shrugged sheepishly and turned to Quincey "did you find anything interesting?"

TAG: Grut, Quiney

10. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    GM OOC: Sorry about the delay in pushing this story forward. I've only recently begun a new job and it's eating away at my online time. I'll have the day off thursday night my time so please keep a look out for updates. I'll do my best to make it worth the wait :) Thank you for your patience.

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy

"Mr. Grut, an inquisitive mind will find you anything." Quincy said with a smile.

Turning to face Brenna, he said, "Inquisitive as I am, I regret to say I have not. Unless, of course, you think of theories and questions as 'somethings'."

Quincy sipped his drink. There had been a well-stocked mini-fridge beneatht he bar. He'd found it not three minutes ago, and had served himself a Sprite. Quincy knew it must look odd for him to be drinking soda from a tumbler, but he didn't mind. He abstained from drink, keeping his one addiction to tobacco. Soon, he hoped to rid himself of that, too.

Tag: Grut, Brenna

12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005

IC as Mr. Grut:
    Lounge area, Mansion

"No, Ms McKnight, I didn't find anything," Grut responded in turn, almost mimicking the lady herself. "I was trying to collect verbal information before having a browse through this tortured house." As he said this, Grut lifted both of his arms as if to embrace the whole room that they were in. His cane finished its swing by pointing directly towards the ceiling.

Pausing for a moment, Grut's mind changed tracks. His body was still, the front of his unbuttoned suit open while he held his arms up high, as his new train of thoughts ran down a different line. "Tortured..." he murmured the word again softly. But Jimmy had died swiftly and quickly. Grut shook his head after a second, and brought his arms back down as if nothing had happened.

He tapped the cane twice on the ground when he turned back to Quincy. He soured. "Or an inquisitive mind could get you killed, Mr. Shackleford. Perhaps Jimmy's mind led him to the wrong place and caused him to have the wrong knowledge."

Looking behind him and towards the bar, Grut could see that still, there was no one present. He didn't even know where Harold was.

"I would prefer to wait before I get you that sherry, my lady," he said facing Brenna. "Manners, you see." Grut tipped his hat and one corner of his lips went up in a... smile. He found, astonishingly, that he was enjoying himself and his company.

TAG: Lucki, Penguinator-176

13. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna scowled a bit at Mr. Grut's refusal to get her the drink. She began to ponder "you know I don't believe my question was ever answered by the butler. Did the victim have any mistresses? I may have been having er...difficulties when he did reply" She was rather embarrassed that she had behaved in typical female action and had gotten ill frm all the blood.

She glanced around the room looking for the butler, it was time they had more of a discussion with him. And maybe get a look at the coroners report if there was one. In typical fashion she had mused aloud and looked to see if anyone had heard her talking to herself, sometimes it embarrassed her when people heard.

TAG: Grut, Quincey, Butler

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    GM NOTICE: This Scenario will soon finish. Kartanym will give the closing post as soon as he is able.

Imperial_Hammer is ready to take up the next scenario. Imperial_Hammer peoples!!

As always, if anyone is interested in being a Scenario Creator and GM of a particular game, you are very welcome to have a go. Just let me know. :D

[i]Scenario II: Mansion mystery[/i]

[b]IC as Mr. Grut:[/b]
    [i]Lounge area, Mansion[/i]

[blockquote]His face became impassive again when he saw the slight disapproval from Brenna. [i]Perhaps not everyone remembers the thing called manners,[/i] he thought with a sigh.

"I think Harold purposely answered your question by a side route," Grut started to say. Realising that time was playing one of its many tricks, he took a step forward and carefully sat down on the couch beside Brenna. He leaned back with ease, making sure he could still take in Quincy on the redhead's side of the couch as he plopped his cane between his legs.

"When asked whom this mansion and Jimmy's possessions would go to, Harold mentioned that there was no one left in the lad's bloodline," Grut continued after he was comfortable. "I took that at face value indicating that he didn't have a missy."

Grut shook his head sadly. "Although now that you mention it, these days anything is possible. There was probably some delusional concubine." He snorted.[/blockquote]
    [b]TAG: Lucki,[/b] Penguinator-176

15. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna thought about Mr. Grut's last comment, she had learned to develope selective hearing when it came to him and his oh so proper ways. Yes these days many had lovers and mistresses and lately there had been a trend for lovers to kill their meal ticket in a rage. Quite a switch from the old days when the wife did the killing. She gazed at Mr. Grut " Well I for one would like to speak with the damndable butler again" she craned her neck looking for him,only to result in a sore neck. Damn it all she was here to solve a fecking murder not lounge around speculating.

TAG: Grut, Butler, Peng

16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Ya leave for a week and nothin' gets done! Jeez!

IC: Quincy

Quincy stood, shrugging his shoulders. That chair was a tad too small.

"I'm not sure if this Jimmy is the kind to have a mistress. And you're right, Ms. McKnight, we do not have enough information, nor do we have enough evidence."

He sighed. Running his hand through his hair, he pushed it back out of his eyes. His hair was long, but he kept it swept back, with long sideburns, in a very Victorian style.

He slid his jacket over his shoulders, and checked his pocketwatch. It had been a while since the butler had last spoken with them. Very strange. He scooped up his bowler, held it in his right hand. As he walked over to the other two, he picked up his cane.

His hand twisted the locking mechanism, checking the hiddden sword. Good. He sheathed the small amount of visible balde, then locked it. He hoped that he wouldn't need it in getting the butler's attention.

Tag: All

17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    GM Apology: Unforeseen happenings caused me to be away from the forums this week, and for that I apologise to those looking out for the next scenario, as it halted the transition.

GM OOC: Unfortunately, because Kartanym pulled out, I was needed to end this particular story. However, even I do not know where this was headed, and especially in my current state, I do not think it wise for me to try and write a storyline ending. That said, Kartanym's Scenario has officially ended with this post, and players are now all back in the foyer.

Imperial_Hammer, all yours!

I would like to thank Penguinator-176 and Lucki for sticking with this, even though without an SC it fell flat on its face. Here's to hoping future scenarios can stand strong. Cheers.

18. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Howdy alls... welcome to Scenario #3...

Which.... is not going to start until at least Tuesday, Definitely Wednesday...

Currently the Hammer is out of office, in some dead-end town in Oregon in a debate tournament....

Meaning that my time is going to be.... well.... up in the air really...

Sooooo...

I fly back into LAX at like 5:00 pm on Tues...

So I hope to bust some chops and have it up like before Midnight....

If not, I have absolutely no pressing concerns on Wednes, so it'll definitely be up then...

Enjoy your foyer time.... ;)

And look for Filibuster!: A Politics RPG, coming soon!

-I_H

19. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: Or not... :p

Alright then, lets start this shall we?

A small footnote, if this goes well, I will give serious thought of turning this into a full-fledged RPG on the SWRPF. If you would love to see this happen, let me know... ;)

Now, without further adieu!: I_H Scenario-Works proudly presents....

[b][u]Fillibuster!: A Politics RPG[/u][/b]

[image=http://www.stop.hu/pict/coruscant_j.JPG]

[color=red][u][b]Prologue[/b][/u][/color]

It is a tense time in Imperial City, as the various politicians of the New Republic hum and whir over the newest piece of legislation that has been introduced into the Senate. The conservative ?Pax Galactica? party has introduced a bill declaring a full war on the planet of Correlia. The newest Correlian government has vigoriously claimed itself independent of the Galactic Government, and has seized Centerpoint Station with the full intent of using it if its soverignty is not respected. In opposition to Pax Galactica?s demands stands the left-of-center ?Liberty?s Horn? party, who vehemently opposes the new bill that would usher in war, claiming it would cause the deaths of billions should the separatists choose to use Centerpoint, and is not worth the risk.

You stand as some of the defining politicians to diffuse this scenario. Your choices shall influence that fate of the galaxy, so?. choose wisely.

[color=red][u][b]Setting[/b][/u][/color]

This game shall take place exclusively in Imperial City, Coruscant. The places available for players to IC in are:

[b]The Senate Hall:[/b] Here is where most of the ?official? action that will take place. In the Senate Chamber, players will be able to make speeches, introduce motions, and initiate political discourse with their fellow Senators. The Building is like it was seen in Episodes 1-3, facing west.

[b]The Valorum Senatorial Building:[/b] The Headquarters of the Pax Galactica party, a majority of their offices are found here. The Building is opulent and clean, modeled in a very classical style. White marble abounds, as well as gold metals and red carpeting. In the lobby, a massive statue of Chancellor Valorum stands. The Valorum Building is to the North of the Senate Hall.

[b]The Mothma Senatorial Building:[/b] The Headquarters of the Liberty?s Horn party, a majority of their offices are found here. The Building is warm and wooden, modeled in a very Baroque style. Endorian Mahogany dominates the design scheme, as well as thick green upholstery and brown leathers. The lobby has a small fireplace with couches and a coffee table, where various officials often sit to read the various political newspapers. The Mothma Building is to the South of the Senate Hall.

[b]Imperial Palace Mall:[/b] The main place where Senators come to relax after a day of politics, the complex carries a variety of amenities. Of especial notice is the [u]?Dawn Trader?[/u] café on the 1st floor, noted for its quality, yet speedy breakfasts and coffees. The second and third floors are largely dominated with retail shops of various styles and sizes, from clothing to appliances to accessories. The third floor is home to [u]?Pescardores?[/u] a five star restaurant with the finest of caliber, specializing in seafood and fine wines. And on the top floor is [u]?Zaarin?s?[/u] a nightclub/ lounge for the elite of Imperial City. With an excellent view of Imperial City from the top of ?capital ridge,? many high class socialites come here to enjoy the fine liquor and the company of others. Zaarin?s is infamous for its behind the scenes deals. Imperial Palace Mall is located behind the Senate Hall, to its east.

[color=red][u][b]Gameplay[/b][/u][/color]

You may be asking right now, where is the point? Here it is. [b]The votes right now are split at 62 Pax Galactica - 31 Freedom's Horn right now in favor of the legislation.[/b] 66 is the required amount to pass the legislation, that is, the 2/3 majority. There are seven Senators considered ?undecided? 3 shall be played by players, and 4 shall be played by me. Players serving as Pax

20. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    SC Approved, Rayson Playable

Name: Dervon Reston
    Species: Human
    Representing: Corellia
    Party: Pax Galactica
    Height: 5'9''
    Weight: 187 Lbs
    Hair Color: Black, with streaks of grey
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Other aspects of appearance: Fairly well built; Has a small beard

Personality: Brisk, Arrogant, and very sharp minded

Bio: Born in Corellia, Dervon was born into politics, and since he was a small child, he loved to debate people. He doesn't care if it's a personal opinion, because personally he doesn't like it if it opposes him.

Other than that, not much is known about him. There was a small money issue twenty-odd years ago, but that scandal has been forgotten.

Interested in Party Leader: Yes
    Interested in an Undecided Position: Yes
    If So:
    --- Conservative Leaning Liberal: Yes
    --- Liberal Leaning Conservative: No

21. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    APPROVED!!

Name: Ebsim Obovafa
    Species: Human
    Representing: Bespin
    Party: Undecided if approved
    Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: 165 lbs.
    Hair Color: Blond
    Eye Color: Green
    Other aspects of appearance: Has a tiny scar below his right ear; has a goatee

Personality: Ebsim is fair, fun-loving, and occasionally rash. Sometimes, he has a little too much to drink.

Bio: Ebsim was born on Bespin in Cloud City. He took an interest in politics early, running for several minor positions when he was old enough. He eventually worked his way up to being the Senator, a job he loved. Ebsim loved the power. He went out partying often, and was convinced to make some votes he regretted.

Interested in Party Leader: No
    Interested in an Undecided Position: Yes
    If So:
    --- Conservative Leaning Liberal: Y
    --- Liberal Leaning Conservative: N

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I think I'm going to hold off and watch this one... for now.

23. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    What's the approximate time period of this RP? I like to keep my chars on an internally consistent (or nearly so) timeline and wouldn't want to have a char that is supposed to be long dead or is actually 3. [face_laugh] New Republic covers quite a bit. (I suppose Melany could come back; she's 19 as of RotJ so that's relatively safe.)

24. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Is this thing on?

25. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    No... :(

Though thanks for the bump...

Thats all this thing might really need to get it active again...

I'm still very much so interested in GMing this scenario!

-I_H

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.