1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

RPR Archive The RPF Adoptions Game: DANGER ROOM - Scenario 3 now playing!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by NaboosPrincess, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    GM IC - The Butler

"People, people, please...," Harold was starting to look a little pale. All these new faces among the crowd were starting to confuse the old man, "Come, let's all move into the dining room and I'll explain as best I can of what happened here ... if my memory serves me correctly."

His breathing became a little heavy as he walked, the cane supporting his weight, towards the dining room on the left hand side.

"I ... really must sit down" he said to himself, pulling up a chair.

tag: Any. More to come tomorrow.
  2. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC to Scenario Masters:
    Don't know if it is just me, but if I'm going to interact with a character I haven't done so before, or I need to look up some detail about their character, I'll skip back to the first page(s) of a thread to look for their character sheet.
    But if this project is a rolling one, that method won't do any good beyond Scenario One, so until SM/GMs come up with a solution, can I recommend they put a link to the first page of their scenario in with their posts so anyone new, inattentive, memory like a sieve (eg. me), knows where to go to look for the current array of character sheets?
    Scenario Two started here

IC: Dr Rodney McKay

His patting down of the walls revealed no results, and gave him a bit of a scare when he realised he had his back to the 'aliens'. He whirled to them with a start, and almost swallowed his tongue.

A shaky hand dug the slim hand sensor from his pocket, and he talked alound as he read the results:

"Breathable air." Rolling his eys to the side, he berated hmself like a backseat driver to his own commentary. "Of course it is, since I'm still alive. Everyone reads as Earth human with no genetic markers to indicate travel offworld. To all intents, it's exactly as if I was on Earth. Unless, unless, someone has the ability to change the readings on my scanner, or affect my mind." He looked up, grimacing, well, more than he was. "Please let this not be a Replicator mind meld, those little buggers creep me out."

Finally he looked up and took in the sight of the others with his own eyes. Most of them looked as confused as he did, and seemed to be as diversely dressed as he could imagine.

"No no no, this is wrong. If aliens were creating this from my mind, they would conjure up the SGC, or things from my life, but this mansion interior, candles on the walls, over-the-top grouse-shoot paintings on the walls, just screams Agatha Christie Ten Little Indians dinner-party potboiler."

A crackle of white lightning lit up the night rain outside a nearby sashed window, and he cocked an index finger gun-like at it.

"Well the cliches are online, anyway." He paused as he noticed he was being observed. A tanned human male in blue jeans, tennis shoes, and polo shirt. Looked like he was on campus at M.I.T.
    If the aliens thought this was going to fool him, they had another thing coming; all they needed would be some old white-haired Southern gentleman walking with the aid of a silver-topped cane.

"People, people, please...,"

MaKay looked over to the speaker. Old, no hair, cane. Well, two out of three.

"Come, let's all move into the dining room and I'll explain as best I can of what happened here ... if my memory serves me correctly." The being's breathing became a little heavy as he walked, the cane supporting his weight, towards the dining room on the left hand side. He moved inside muttering inaudible words under his breath, pulling up a chair.

Looking round at the others, Rodney waited for them to precede him into the room, he put the sensor away and kept a hand on the hilt of his Zacatel "Zat" gun on his hip. Might as well find out what was going on till his colleagues figured out a way to retrieve him.

Tag: anyone, Josh, Butler/>
  3. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Stuart E.K Reardon

Stuart went along with the general flow towards the dining room, concentrating on making his cigarette last as long as possible. He'd come to the conclusion that he must be on one of his more realistic opium trips, and his real body was back wherever he'd taken the drug. Stuart had come to this desicion based on the odd assortment of people that had joined him in the mansion- apart from a man he'd overheard calling himself Quincy, a gentleman he presumed from his accent to be from the New World, and the only two females in the room, the rest of his companions seemed to be an odd assortment of fellows. He was sure he heard someone speaking Old English. Rather badly.

Nodding in a cheerily bemused way to a fellow in overalls brandishing a gun, Stuart leaned against the nearest wall and waited to see how the trip would unfold. He rather hoped there wouldn't be elephants again. That last time had been most disconcerting.

[TAG Sith, anyone]
  4. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Dr McKay, heading towards the dining room

Acting like a smug shepherd, McKay allowed the others to precede him into the dining room, then movement from his right caught his peripheral vision, and he almost tripped in his haste to stop, since the fellow leaning against the wall would be out of his line of sight in another second.

Trying to appear nonchalant, he indicated the double doors of deeply polished brown wood that Baldie had limped through.

"After you. Please, I insist. And if it isn't too much trouble, what planet is this?"

Tag: Stuart, others
  5. KILIK Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: I hope this post isn't out of place.

IC: Matt Masters.

Place: The insides the house.

Matt folwoed the group where they want, as cool as this place was it was clear for even a punk like him not to wander off.

Matt looked at the people he was around and wanted to say something, but he wasn't sure what to say.

Tag. anyone around me.

6. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    IC: Kenneth Q. Jameson

The people walked forward, like sheep following a Shepard. That was an analogy Kenneth liked to use. Kenneth stayed near the back of the pack, watching the others look all too eager to see what lied ahead. Kenneth knew better than to rush in. He decided to go at a very liesurely pace, looking around to see what he could notice about patterns of behavior of those around him.

They reached what appeared to be their desitination: the dining room. If there was one room Kenneth loved more than others, it was the dining room. And he had the large belly to show for it. He looked around at the mass gathered there. He spotted someone who seemed a bit unsure of himself or unsure of where he was. Kenneth loved this kind of opportunity.

He approached him and began to speak, his hand extended for a handshake. "You look. Lost, young man. "Can I help you?"

Tag: Kilik
  7. KILIK Force Ghost

star 4
    IC:Matt Masters

Place: Some room.

Matt noticed a man speak to him, he listend to his words and then noticed the man wanted to shake hnads. Matt shook his and spoke.

Yeah I kinda am, I think I got lost a little, whats the group doing now?

Tag. DarthIntegral
  8. Master_Valar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Trenton Banner
    Foyer to Dining Room

Trent following the butler into the Dining Room, slowly finishing off his first cigarette of the night. The elderly man slowly pulled out a chair.

"I ... really must sit down" He said, doing just that.

Trent moved to stand near the man, hand fishing around in his pocket.

"Trenton Banner, sir, I'm a Private Investigator. I'd like to ask a few quick questions, if I might."

Trent removed a small battered notepad and pen, flipping it casually open.

"Are there any direct witnesses?" Trent began.

Tag: GM!
  9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Good idea, Sith. I'm like you in that regard as well, I often view character sheets at the beginning of games to know what people look like. I have asked NP to put a link to the current scenario's beginning in the first post of this thread, so that will help everyone as well. :)

And I_H, you are simply hilarious. ;)

Scenario II: Mansion mystery

IC as Mr. Grut:
    Dining room, Mansion

Leaning back against the dining room's decorative wall, Grut look blankly at the Butler as he was assaulted with questions from some young fellow. Although, in all truth, it had only been one question so far by the man?but the notepad and pen he held indicated plenty more. To Grut, the only thought that crossed his mind caused him to look away. Don't young people have memories these days? Notepad, pen; spare me.

Since Harold, the Butler, had first appeared and spoken to the group, Grut had simply enjoyed the tangy smell of his pipe. After the young kid he had first spoken to confirmed Grut's impression of him?that he was demential?the old man had retreated back to the wall. The oil painting's feelings bled off onto him.

Now finding himself in the dining room, after having slowly walked his way inside after Harold had decided to direct the whole group to the room, Grut thought about this poor Jimmy lad. He didn't feel any pity for him, perhaps it had been his time anyway he reasoned. Grut had come to smirk at death?part of him looked forward to escaping this dreadful thing people called life.

He didn't even know how old this Jimmy had been?but he didn't feel like bothering this obviously affected Harold any further. Sadness wasn't something that attracted him. Looking at the mass of people now around, Grut spotted a familiar well-dressed man and redhead enter the room. The Quincy fellow appeared even taller now that he was with such a short lady.

Using his cane for balance, Grut stepped up to them slowly and nodded at Quincy. "Any of you lot know how old this Jimmy lad was?" he asked without preamble and a puff of smoke.

TAG: Penguinator-176, Lucki/>
  10. Lucki Jedi Knight

star 2

Brenna In the mansion

Brenna looked at the old man that had just approached. He seemed to be in the old school genre and she liked that about him, many people these days had no respect for tradition. Even though she tended to be one of them she was glad that there were still some who held on to the good old days. "I have no clue who he even is," she said in rsponse to the old mans question "I was invited without an explanation. Probably they wanted some coverage for the whole thing." She extended her hand "The names Brenna McKnight, I'm with the World News Today. Who might you be?" She raised her voice so others could hear "And when might we be getting on with the investigation? I for one would like to hear the butlers story and see where the body was found!" She turned back to the old man "sorry I tend to get restless if things slow down."

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6

IC as Mr. Grut:
    Dining room, Mansion

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Ms McKnight," responded Grut, looking directly into the woman's eyes. The way she had spoken caused him to remove the pipe from his mouth as he extended his other hand to accept the handshake. "I am Mr. Grut, and I expect you to respect that," he said in all seriousness, while giving her hand a firm shake with his own rough hand.

He didn't care much for where she worked, in fact it nearly made him turn away thinking she would probe him with questions. But when Grut heard the lady raise her voice and get straight to the point, he almost tapped his cane against the ground with relief. This was someone that who would stand up for what she thought, which was something Grut silently agreed with.

"Strange it is indeed, this whole murder thing," he murmured. He didn't respond to Brenna's apology?life was too short for being sorry. Grut glanced down at his pipe as he spun it through his fingers.

"All the people here to help makes it even more intriguing. But maybe they're not all here for the mystery, eh?" he pondered with a raised eyebrow, realising with suspicion that he was probably right. Many things in this mansion would be worth a lot of money. Looking over at the gentleman with them, he extended his hand to Quincy. "Mr. Shackleford," he stated in acknowledgement, indicating that he remembered him.

TAG: Penguinator-176, Lucki
  12. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Stuart E.K Reardon

Stuart looked up to see the overalled chap waiting expectantly for him to move on.

"Sorry."

"After you. Please, I insist. And if it isn't too much trouble, what planet is this?"

"Haven't the foggiest, old chap." Replied Stuart, giving the fellow a hopeless grin. "Could be bally Mars for all I know. Rather lends some excitement to the whole trip, what? But if we're picking planets, good old Terra Firma for me. Mother Earth and all that, eh?" a thought struck the drugged-up poet. "Why, what planet're you from?"

[TAG Sith]
  13. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Doctor McKay

McKay regarded the man irritably as he started rambling around a hopeless grin, "Haven't the foggiest, old chap. Could be bally Mars for all I know. Rather lends some excitement to the whole trip, what? But if we're picking planets, good old Terra Firma for me. Mother Earth and all that, eh? Why, what planet're you from?"

"I'm sorry, that's classified, although I was born on Earth; possibly the same as this one."

Then, he caught the merest hint of the smell wafting from the man's overcoat, and it was like he switched to wine-snifting mode, raising his nose and sniffing the air speculatively.

"Hello, yes, Papaver somniferum?" He looked towards the wallflower. "That's opium! This must be Earth, no alien would think to that level of detail."

As he was talking, he overheard the words of a young lady talking to an older gentleman. Another one with a cane.
    "I have no clue who he even is, I was invited without an explanation. Probably they wanted some coverage for the whole thing. The names Brenna McKnight, I'm with the World News Today. Who might you be? And when might we be getting on with the investigation? I for one would like to hear the butlers story and see where the body was found!"
    This had come from a young woman talking to an older gentleman with his own cane.

Where the body was found? Sometimes, only sometimes, he hated when he was right.

Tag: Stuart
  14. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 5
    Quincy P. Shackleford

"...Not all here for the mystery, eh?" said the old man, extending his hand to Quincy.

"Mr. Shackleford," continued the man, and Quincy gripped his hand, shaking it once.

"Indeed. Not all that glitters is gold, hmm? This 'Jimmy', I find myself wondering if he had many enemies. And if any of them are here at this moment." said Quincy, his brow furrowing. Didn't criminals always return to the scene of the crime?

"The question at this point in time is not who killed poor Jimmy, but why they killed poor Jimmy." continued Quincy.

He blinked. Now he was forgetting his manners, and he said, with a laugh in his voice, "I'm terribly sorry, but I never got your name, mister...?"

Tag: Tyi, Lucki[/i]
  15. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OOC: To add some atmosphere, I will be added an NPC who will feature in certain posts. Also, one lucky (or unlucky) poster will soon recieve a PM detailing a few extra surprises, so be on the look out.

GM IC - The Butler

The first question came from a smartly dressed man, a privatge investigator.

"Are there any direct witnesses?" he asked.

Harold, barely an emotion on his face, shook his head slightly. "My Master was alone at the time. I went out to retrieve some items from the store down the road, as I usually do on a friday morning. He was upstairs last I saw him, working on a project of his," Harold chuckled suddenly, "He never did finish any of them ... anyway, when I returned I didn't initially discover him until a few minutes later..."

Meanwhile, the front door opened once more, a younger man with a toolbox in his hand. He didn't notice the commotion going on in the other room, instead heading upstairs...

"... I found him in the bathtub," Harold went on to explain, "He was covered in blood. I called the police as soon as possible ... and that's where all of you come into it."

Harold frowned. "Well, most of you," he said, looking directly at a strange looking man wearing what appeared to be a Ghostbusters uniform, or something of that sort. Harold wasn't completly out of the loop of modern culture, of course, having helped raise young Jimmy for most of his life. The boy had a keen fascination with ghost, strange beings from another planet and the like. Harold never believed in any of it, but considered his Master simply had a strong sense of imagination.

"You see, because we are a well known family in most parts, I decided to keep the investigation private, to discover who this person was without any information leaking out where it wasn't needed. So I made a list of people I believed could be useful in helping me ... and here you all are. Now, I realise there's more to it then just that, but I'll explain further in time, don't you worry."

Harold paused, picking himself out of the chair. "I believe now would be a good time to see the crime scene in question ... as much as I hate seeing it again. Come, this way" Harold waved his hand, pointing to the staircase. He was a little slow in getting up the stairs, but at least that kept everyone together...

tag: ALL
  16. Lucki Jedi Knight

star 2
    Brenna McKnight

" of course Mr. Grut", she nearly curtsied, he reminded her of the old teacher in her school that had demanded perfection. He was the reason she was so dang obsessive about things sometimes. She stepped aside as he began to converse with Qiuncey and started to write him in her mind, she always liked to think things the way they would be written, it helped her sort things out. Finally she heard the butler say they were going to be herded to the crime scene, things were finally looking up. She rubbed her hands together, she liked nothing more than a good mystery. She began to follow but stayed close to Mr. Grut he would have valuable insight when the time came, of this she was sure.

TAG: Tyi,Penguinator, Anyone
  17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6

IC as Mr. Grut:
    Dining room to staircase, Mansion

"The name is Mr. Grut, Mr. Shackleford, and it hasn't changed since when I just talked to this fine lady beside you." Grut turned away from Quincy after responding, as he heard Harold speaking about this Jimmy's death. Seeing the Butler start to move toward the staircase, Grut motioned with his cane to the people next to him. "It looks like this train has started to chug."

Limping forward before his cane returned to the ground to steady him, he took some steps towards the spiralling staircase that led to the upper rooms. These mansions always try to outdo each other, cranked his old mind. Grabbing onto the railing, he glanced back at the familiar oil paintings as he lifted his foot onto the first stair of what would be a slow climb for him. Can't argue with 'em, though.

Grut noticed that Brenna was right behind him and assumed that Quincy was not far off. "Ms McKnight, Mr. Shackleford, if you'll excuse me," he mildly said. With that, he rapped loudly against the railing and raised his voice. "Everyone up! Up..." Grut paused as he cleared his throat. "Up the stairs! Have a race to the top," he added dryly; the splendid idea of having people race past him and out of his way just occurring.

This was probably the reason why his neighbors didn't encourage visitors to go near his house. Some said that he was oft a might bit cranky?even without his rifle. But Grut didn't care about the image people stuck on him?which he was sure the people inside the mansion were now just doing?he plodded along in his meaningless life, all the same.

TAG: Penguinator-176, Lucki - All for the shout
  18. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Dr. Rodney McKay, Ground Floor

The white-haired geezer with the cane banged it on the first step of the staircase, making heads turn his way.

"Everyone up! Up..." The man paused as he cleared his throat. "Up the stairs! Have a race to the top"

McKay regarded the man without much in the way off emotion. He didn't even run from Wraith, so he was hardly about to do so at this man's request.

"Race? What, tire ourselves out so that the killer doesn't have to work up a sweat chasing us down?" He threw his arms up in an expansive shrug. "What a brilliant plan. And if the lights go out, we'll need volunteers to go fusebox-hunting in the pitch black cellar with a book of matches. Anyone?"

Tag: anyone
  19. Lucki Jedi Knight

star 2
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna couldn't help it,she laughed out loud as Mr.Grut yelled out his challenge to have people race to the top.She just shook her head and stayed close to him, he might be a fiesty son of a....well you know but she wasn't about to let him fall down the stairs and ruin her chances of winning him over and getting him to crack a smile, this might be a murder investigation but damned if she wasn't going to have a good time doing it. She bit her lower lip wondering if she was a ghoul, than shrugged it off, she didn't even know the dead man and it wasn't as if she was dancing around on his grave or anything. She looked up at the oil paintings and shuddered it was kind of creepy in here, almost as if poor, poor Jimmy was watching through the eyes of the painitngs. This was definintly starting to get interseting.

TAG: MR. Grut, Anyone

20. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Doctor McKay

He looked on as the McKnight woman laughed aloud at the old man's challenge. She moved next to the step under him, looking to Rodney like they were forming the 'slow lane'.
    He resolved to join them if a significant number of them ran up the stairs.

He wondered if the old guy had been watching re-runs of Mike Ried's Runaround, the 70s British children's gameshow that had had rugrats in coloured t-shirts representing their schools whilst running about like mad things.
    It had been background noise to his undergraduate work on String Theory, years before, so he had missed if there was a point to the show.

"And while we're at it," he asked, just to show willing, "do you want us to touch the wall and do some star jumps?!"

Tag: Grut, others
  21. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Stuart E.K Reardon

Stuart looked on, bemused but not entirely suprised, as Overalls started sniffing at him.

"Hello, yes, Papaver somniferum?"
    The man looked up at Stuart, who shrugged nervously. "That's opium! This must be Earth, no alien would think to that level of detail."

"I deny all accusations." replied the failed poet shiftily, his reply being drowned out by the sudden shouting of the Australian man with the cane.

"Everyone up! Up... Up the stairs! Have a race to the top,"

The human blanched at the thought of exercise. Exercise, for goodness' sake. What on Earth was this man thinking of? He wished this was following the course of his usual trips- the lovely ladies should have appeared by now but, sadly, there was nothing approximating his usual harem. Only the two redheads, and one of them seemed to have gone off with another man. Stuart's brow furrowed. Most unpleasant.

"And while we're at it,"
    spoke up a voice to his right, which turned out to be Overalls again, "do you want us to touch the wall and do some star jumps?!"

"I bally well hope not." he murmured, standing where he was and folding his arms.

[TAG Sithy, anyone]
  22. Lucki Jedi Knight

star 2
    Brenna McKnight

Brenna flashed the Dr. a grin than said straight faced " I was thinking lunges and squats" she blew her hair away from her face " have we been properly introduced? My names Brenna" She pulled her curling mass on top of her head and secured it with a tortoise shell comb before offering her hand and another impish grin. She than turned to a man in a hideous grey suit leaning against the wall " Don't you want to get in your excercise for the day Mr...?

TAG: Mr.Grut,Dr. McKay, Stuart Reardon, Anyone
  23. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    IC: Mac

Mac watched as the British dude answered him again, in English this time...

"All I said was, how are you and the names Mac, right? I'm assuming that's a bit more... palatable to your tastes?"

"Totally dude. I'm digging the language change. And I'm doing sweet thank you. How bout you, Mister.... ?"

The group proceded into the dining hall, with Mac slouching along, listening around and enjoying the sights. This mansion was pretty killer. The interior decorator from the studio did an awesome job. Even added the dust and creepy heirlooms.

He sort of listened to what the butler was saying but not really. Yeah yeah, someone died or whatever. Everyone was sad. Etc. Etc.

As the party moved out of the room and up the stairs, he heard one of the crazy old men talk about running up the stairs. "No thanks dude." he said, walking past him. "I don't remember the last time I ran. Hurrying from place to place just ruins the journey. You should try it sometime."

He gave a great big ol' smile as he followed the rest of the crowd.

TAG: Tyi, Trimaj, Others
  24. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Doctor McKay, foot of the stairs

Having decided that, regardless of how, he was back on Earth, he was more comfortable with talking with his fellow guests, and when the frizzy redhead turned his way with a welcoming grin, he didn't feel in any way apprehensive.

"I was thinking lunges and squats." She blew her hair away from her face in a way that he found most engaging, and produced a tortoise-shell comb to secure the mess to her head. "Have we been properly introduced? My names Brenna."

He took her proffered hand, and raised it so he plant a light kiss onto the pale flesh behind her delicate fingers.
    "Enchanté. Call me 'Rodney'." His brow furrowed as if he was recalling something, but he had heard her name moments before, and had time to trawl his memory for anything about the name. "That is an unusual name, 'Brenna'. Like the mountain resort?"

His smile faltered as she switched her attention to the man next to him, and addressed him.
    "Don't you want to get in your excercise for the day Mr...?"

My God, she must have ears like a bat! McKay wondered silently; he had barely heard the Wallflower's muttered comment, and he'd been right beside him. Maybe she read lips too.

Tag: Brenna, Stuart, Mike Reid's Runaround
  25. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Stuart E.K Reardon

Stuart's heart lifted when the second of the two redheads breezed over to talk to them. This looked most promising. He stood away from the wall and listened vaguely to her conversation with Overalls, snapping his drug-addled brain into focus when she turned Stuart-wards.

"Don't you want to get in your excercise for the day Mr...?"

"Reardon, Stuart E.K Reardon, at your service, madam." he replied, not copying the other man's kiss but bowing instead. Manners took precedence, even on opium trip. He offered the woman his arm. "Shall we proceed upstairs, miss?"

[TAG Sithy, Lucki]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.