1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

RPR Archive The RPF Adoptions Program v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by milney, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milney Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome to the RolePlaying Forums Adoption Program!

Hey there Newbies! ;) Are you feeling a bit lost? :confused: Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the Role Playing Forums? :rolleyes: Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast, learn to roleplay and game master, and avoid common rookie mistakes? [face_idea] Then you have certainly come to the right place! :D

Here you will find a collection of experienced and caring Oldbies who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of the forums. Once you've been adopted, you'll be able to direct any question about the RPF, no matter how small or silly they may seem, to your adopter. So, get adopted today!

Joining is very easy: You can
    1. Post a message in this thread
    or
    2. Contact an Adoptions Co-ordinator directly, and inform them that you would like to be adopted.

The Adoptions Co-ordinators, milney & Earwen_Lightrider, are your contacts for any and all adoptions-related questions and concerns. Also, NaboosPrincess, the RPF moderator, is available for help as well.
    The easiest way to contact them is by Private Message. Just click on any of their usernames and then hit "Send Private Message" to contact them.

You then can choose between three different ways of getting adopted: You can
    1. Choose a user from the list of "free oldbies waiting to adopt" posted below and contact them directly,
    2. Wait for an oldbie to contact you or
    3. Ask the one of the Co-ordinators to pair you up with a suitable adopter.
    In the third case, you may specify preferences towards your adopter (favorite boards, age, gender, location etc.) - the co-ordinators will try to find someone who matches your interests, however there is no guarantee that all of your wishes will be met.

Once you have been adopted (which should not take more than a few days at most), please inform a Co-ordinator that you are "off the market", they will then make sure you and your adopter will be listed as an official adoptions pair. If you like, you can additionally announce your new status in your signature (e.g. "Adoptee of User X").

There is no time limit for the adoptions - you can stay with your adopter as long as you like, until you feel comfortable navigating the boards on your own. Should any problems arise during your adoption, please notify the Co-ordinators immediately and they will do their best to clear up the situation quickly.

Oldbies who are interested in adopting a newbie can also sign up by posting a message in this thread or contacting an Adoptions Co-ordinator, in private.

Potential adopters must be registered users for at least five months and should a minimum RPF post count of 500 posts. Oldbies may only adopt one newbie at a time; exceptions to this rule will only be granted with just cause.

There are three ways to get together with an adoptee: You can
    1. contact someone from the list of "free newbies"
    (and any newbie who signed up recently and has not been added to the list yet of course),
    2. wait for a newbie to contact you or
    3. ask a Co-ordinator to pair you up with a suitable adoptee.
    In the third case, you may specify preferences towards your adoptee (favorite boards, age, gender, location etc.) - the Co-ordinators will try to find someone who matches your interests, but there is no guarantee that your wishes will be met.

Adopters are encouraged to visit the Role Playing Forum?s Adoptions Program regularly to show their continued interest in the adoptions program; this way you will also be able to keep an eye on the newest potential adoptees and hopefully find one to your liking.

Once you have chosen a newbie and they agreed to become your adoptee, please inform a Co-ordinator so they can change your status to "paired up".
    It is suggested (but not mandatory) to add a line to your signature announcing that you are "Adopter of User Y".

Th
  2. milney Force Ghost

star 5
  3. milney Force Ghost

star 5
    RPF Adoptions Help Guides

Guide for the Newly Adopted (Newbie)

This guide is awaiting final approval and will be posted shortly

Guide for the New Adopter (Oldbie)

This guide is awaiting final approval and will be posted shortly
  4. milney Force Ghost

star 5
  5. milney Force Ghost

star 5
  6. milney Force Ghost

star 5
    Current Newbie/Oldbie pairs

Earwen_Lightrider has adopted Klienmeister

PulsarSkate has adopted Master_Stumpy

MASTERPRENN has adopted Darth_Meerkat

Pheonix_Rising has adopted PressRedForFreakMode

Nethrin has adopted Darth_Sorah

Dahlia_Santary has adopted StarWarsDweeb

Trimaj has adopted cem_fel

Zedd-Vega has adopted EmoJawa

Penguinator-176 has adopted Hammurabi

Winged_Jedi has adopted KIRA-SHAY

Imperial_Hammer has adopted Sentinel001

s65horsey has adopted Heir-to-the-Empire

R_Zion has adopted CryoDragoon01

LeiaHair has adopted TheManinBlack

DarthCemeroX has adopted MASTER2

Chukles38 has adopted -Crack-

7. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
  8. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree. Great job, milney. I look forward to being involved again. :)
  9. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
  10. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    Hmmm...myself and Master_Valar don't seem to be on the pairing list...I guess it is reasonable...he has done quite well, and...I must admit, I was lacking. He is ready to be on his own, I believe. :)

So, you can add me to the oldbies list...That sounded weird...:p
  11. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I suppose I might be considered an "oldbie," I guess. I don't know how wise I am or how much I can teach another, but perhaps I can be off some small aid to a newbie. Could my name be put up on that list there?

~ DS5
  12. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    I know I missed several pairs when I wrote the pairings, that is the only reason why the two of you were not listed. I will have you added to the list of oldbies searching.

I will have you added as well DarthSeti5. I am sure you will be of help to any newbie you decide to take on.

Just a reminder to all Oldbies waiting to be paired. You make seek out a pairing on your own. You do not need to wait for me to pair you.
  13. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    I see. No worries though. :) Thanks for informing me.
  14. YoungAngus Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I don't think I'm a noobie or an Oldbie. Kinda stuck in that grey area inbetween. :(
  15. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    YoungAngus, you've been the co-GM of a game, and I've seen how you write, so I'd suggest that you're more than competent to take someone in... :)
  16. milney Force Ghost

star 5
    The only specific guidlines are as follows: (taken from the first post)

Potential adopters must be registered users for at least five months and should a minimum RPF post count of 500 posts.
    You fit these gudelines Angus, so if you wish, we will gladly add you to the oldbie listings :)
  17. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    I need a mentor/guide, I suppose.

I'm looking into getting active here, but I'm not really sure of the role-playing system used here. Nor am I really sure where to start, or which RPs are active/fun. So yeah, if someone would like to pick me up, I'd appreciate it.
  18. master_stumpy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Greeting
    I have asked Pulsarskate to adopt me and she has accepted.[face_dancing]
    Many thanks Master_Stumpy
  19. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, Pulsarskate will make a fine mentor. You're very fortunate. :)
  20. Rayson Jedi Master

star 4
    Haha, believe me DS5, anyone would be lucky to learn from you. After all, you taught me a lot (indirectly, of course) when I first started here. :)
  21. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    Hey folks!

Its my proud duty to proclaim to the program that my adoptee Dahlia_Santary has been deemed fit to begin her career on her own here in these marvellous forums...

She is in multiple games, puts out long and quality ICs, is known by many, and has demonstrated a competancy at a level par to established posters...

Therefore I release her from my tutelage and wish her all the best of luck in her further endevours!... :)

This also means I am open to take another protege! I'll be accepting applications via PM for anyone interested.... basically tell me why you want me to adopt you and what you are looking for in the RPFs...

Look for my decision soon enough when I have some folks to choose from...

Thank you all much!

-I_H
  22. Jaina Byrd Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi, I'd like to be adopted. :) I think I can post and write pretty well (I've RPed plenty in my time), but it would be nice to have someone show me the ropes of the RPF. Pretty daunting!
  23. milney Force Ghost

star 5
    Congrats I_H :) That's fantastic news.

I do apoligise for the lack of updates, I got bogged down with assignments at uni. I will try and get one up tomorow :)
  24. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    welcome to the madness andrea. it's a load of fun.:D
  25. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    I think I count as an RPF oldbie by now...I might adopt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.