main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The RPF Adoptions Program v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by milney, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSolar

DarthSolar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2008
    Nevah!!!!

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I do have to say, AlphaRay is quite the RPer already. Very well done by my...apprentice.

3. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Saint and I are going to be talking in the next couple of days about what we're going to do with this Adoptions Program. Ever since NP left, its just sorta been sitting here. We may decide to keep it as is, or perhaps to overhaul it into v.3. Look for more news on this as the week goes by.

-I_H

4. jedikangoroo

jedikangoroo Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2008
    I need a master. I love writing about clone wars and jedi that are original. I also like Order 66. I hate writing things after episode six.

5. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    Ummmm sorry but what?

6. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    Well I'm kind of hesitant about this but I'm open to adopt, even though my last apprentice disappeared off the face of the Earth.

If anybody's interested I suggest you actually do some research on me as opposed to pick me because I'm available.

7. TheGreatestPhoenix

TheGreatestPhoenix Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2008
    I'd be interested in this sort of thing, if someone wants to take me on as an apprentice, that would be sweet.

8. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    PM me TGPhoenix

9. Selume

Selume Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2008
    I'm brand new to these boards, and to forum RPing. I've done almost exclusively group D&D sessions and MMORPG roleplay. I've been having a huge, HUGE craving to do some Star Wars RP ever since that Old Republic MMO rumor/leak/whatever. With every day, I feel a stronger need to create a character and throw them into some scenarios; this is partly a rehearsal for RPing in that new MMO, and partly me just wanting new Star Wars interaction! :D

Henceforth, my first post on these forums (theforce.net, not just the RPF) will be me, Selume, asking for a mentor. Would any oldbie be willing to take this newb under their experienced wing, and show her the ropes? I promise I won't bite!! My main concerns are that they are a SW RPer, and that they don't mind helping me with the character creation process. I'm very new to RPing in the universe of GL, and I'm anxious to have my character do it justice. :)

10. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    What ever happened to this news?

11. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Haha...

It's a very long week? :p

Not a week, but this is not forgotten, as evidence by my prompt follow-up (hopefully). Now that the rules discussion is done, I'll be needing something else to focus on, and this will be it.

As well assss a banner contest I believe.

I will not say that look for stuff happening here in the next week again, however I will say a very ambiguous soon.

Those don't get me into that much trouble... :p

-I_H

EDIT: Ooooh, and a huge by-the-way.... if you, Sith_Lords, or anyone else for that matter, have ideas as to what to do with Adoptions, please send me a PM! Its the Community's Adoptions Program, I see no reason why the Community can't be involved with it! I'd be more than happy to read and discuss ideas.

Gratsie!

12. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    I'd like to announce that Selume and I have discussed and agreed that I'll be taking her under my wing. Hopefully unlike my last apprentice she won't disappear off the face of the RPF. I shall do my best to pass on what Greyjedi125has taught me.
    o_O

PAx

13. Stella_Webb

Stella_Webb Jedi Master

Sep 1, 2008
    I'm new to the board and would like to be adopted. I'm not new to RPing, but most of my experience is D20 type games.

14. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Hi there! I am also new here and have never ever RP'd and would like to be adopted so I can have someone to annoy with stupid questions :p
    I just read the whole RPG Resource thread and it was really good. But i would still really like a seasoned mentor to guide me through the ins and outs of RPing.[face_peace]

15. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Just an FYI to those reading...

1.) The RPF Adoptions Program is slowwwwwwly in the process of being overhauled. So its not as focused and organized as it once was.

HOWEVER...

2.) This is the best we got so far. With these new players interested in being adopted, I urge those reading this thread that want adopters not too be shy. Don't let the limbo status of this institution fool you.

In short...

Adoptions is opened for buisness during construction. Oldbies, feel free to take on some folks!

And to lead the way, I'm open for adopters. My old adoptee has disappeared, so I'm ready and willing.

Newbies interested in joining a long and noble family of the RPF, shoot me a PM. :)

-I_H

16. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    What the heck, I'll adopt someone too... :D

17. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    O hai....i r new heer.

Can sumbudy adopt meh?

18. The_Phenomenon7

The_Phenomenon7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2008
    Oroness. :p
    I'm not exactly new to RPing, or the forums, but hell...I guess I'm still a nub.
    Adopt me please. :3

19. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    I am looking to be adapted by a knowledgable person. Please list me as wanting to be adopted.

20. jawbox

jawbox Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2008
    Hello,Jawbox here.

I've got previous RP forum experience, just need some help adapting here.

Looks like a great site, glad to be here :).

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If someone wants adopting, PM me. Rather than choose between you, I'll let the one who cares enough PM me. :p

22. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    Well... once again more newbies have vanished.

My apprentice Celume hasn't had cotnact with me or the boards for a while now I believe.

We honestly need ankle braclets for these buggahs.

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have adopted jawbox. [face_peace]

24. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I'd like to reopen myself to be an adoptee, so if any new members want some help, go ahead and PM me.

25. lokust

lokust Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2008
    Looking to be adopted. Have no experience in RPing.
    Thanks a million.
    -Lokust

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.