main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The RPF Adoptions Program v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by milney, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Go ahead, Peng. Though from what I've seen Ham, it's not like you need much teaching anyway, right?

2. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    At this point, probably less than I did when I first joined. But I suppose I could still use some pointers.

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Then let's go for it.

4. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Lists have been updated, congrats to our new pair! Now get to work. :p

5. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    Yeah...I remember somebody said in an earlier post they were intimidated by the rpg forum adn the adoption thing.I know how he feels kinda, for newbie or somebody who just isn't as experienced,it feels like a big group. And it's a little un-nerving getting involved when nobody knows you.
    And it's confusing to boot.

SO yeah, I'm trying my best to get into the RPing on the forum and such. But it's kinda hard at times. I'm kinda hoping i could maybe be adopted, I think there's alot I could learn from the experience.

6. Revenge_of_the_Matos

Revenge_of_the_Matos Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2007
    Hi...
    I'm new to the forum. And I want to be put on the list for the adoption program. I think it'd be a great learning experience be and be a good way to become familiar with the boards and its memebers.

7. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    Godofwar seems to have gone AWOL - I've not heard from him for a week. Is it possible to put my name back on the Adoptees list? :)

And if that's Ok - is it alright for me to request for Winged_Jedi to be my Adopter, as I've found it really hard to contact godofwar because of the UK/USA time difference.

Thanks NP ;)

8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    So.......I've decided that I'd be the one to adopt DarthCeremoX. The unlikely pairing may actually yield some interesting results. So, NP, Milney, how about it? ;) [face_peace]

9. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    I know I've only been RP'ing and GM'ing since the end of January, but I think I've gotten a good grasp on things since I've been around.

Therefore, if anyone is so inclined, I'd be willing to adopt someone...

10. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    YAY!!!![face_mischief] I've been adopted by Greyjedi125.
    Yeah good stuff. I think everybody is just plain awstruck that somebody adopted me at all. Let alone an Role player as good as greyjedi (man that sounds kiss @$$). But seriously I heard he was pretty good, and Path of Heroes seems amazing.

11. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Lists have been updated.

Remember, people, if you are looking for an adopter/adoptee, check the first page of this thread. If you are a newbie and would like to be adopted by someone, go ahead and send them a PM (same for the adopters.)

12. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm still available for adopting someone.

As examples of my work, please check out Star Wars: Galaxy At War Part III and Harry Potter: Feather in a Foxhole.

I am also concocting an interesting idea for a game. If you would be interested in helping me with it then it might be a good experience for us both.

Please PM me if you are interested.

13. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Just realised I'm not on the oldbie list to adopt new users, NP. You're welcome to add me if I'm needed :)

14. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    Winged_Jedi has agreed to adopt me :)

15. Sentinel001

Sentinel001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2007
    Eh, why not? I'm putting myself up for adoption because I don't love me anymore. (get it?)

I'm not sure if that's how this works, but I'll give it a shot.

16. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    hehehe nice joke, its funny
    adoption is awesome
    since ive been adopted ive learn soo much in two days, more than i learned since i got here.
    and chances are ur adopter will be like a best friend not just a teacher
    waves to grey jedi125*

17. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    Why has nobody adopted sentinel001, he's got a lot of talent. And i think with a mentor to help channel it he can reach a whole other playing feild (that was not a rpg pun)
    I noticed there is like four people who are currently looking for an adoptee.

18. Sentinel001

Sentinel001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2007
    Well I feel unwanted... I guess the problem is that no one really knows me well enough to adopt me at all. Requesting someone would be awkward because like I said, no one knows me. So how do I get my name out?

19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Two simple letters: IM

Seriously, it helps a helluvalot when you've got programs such as AIM and MSN so you can actually talk to your adopters/adoptees live rather than over PMs.

20. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    ***Hear ye, Hear ye!****

I've finished what needed to be done with my past adoptee, Sey.

Therefore, I release her from her filial bonds, and bid her good luck as my latest graduating adoptee...

Let the record show that she is ready for solo flight!

This therefore opens me up for adopting once more...

I'll be accepting offers through PMs or IMs....

I'm only looking to adopt people who are willing to put a year plus obligation into these boards. As in, if you don't plan on sticking around, I'm not the adopter for you...

I look forward to seeing the applicants... :)

And as Reynar said, AIM or MSN use is a must...

-I_H

21. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    Immperial HAmmer i think you should adopt Sentinel001, he's personally told me how much he holds you in high regards, I think you two would do well

Just want say it's been a few weeks since I got adopted. Can honestly say it's great experience, greyjedi125 is truely a modern day yoda (in terms of wisdom, and his abilities with backwards speech). So yeah, it's awesome.

22. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Lists have been updated.

To those who are looking to be adopted-- again, I urge you to send a PM (IM works too in some cases) to some or all of the oldbies on the adopter list. It doesn't have to be a "Please adopt me!!!" PM. It could just be a conversation starter, and if you trade a few PMs and hit it off well, you could broach the subject of adopting after a few days. There are many ways to go about getting adopted. But I really think you will benefit if you take that step yourself, and get out there and talk to people. :)

If, however, it becomes a huge issue, and you really can't bring yourself to speak to the oldbies, send me a PM and I will see what I can do to help.

23. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    got that sentinel
    i think it's time you and Hammer talked

24. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    CemeroX... [face_shhh]. If Hammer or Sentinel001 want to talk to each other, they will. Leave them in peace.

25. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    It's probably time I did something more to give back to the community. I've never had a padawan learner before, but I hope it would be a good experience.

As such, I volunteer for adopter service. Having said that I don't have general access to AIM on a daily basis, so conversations would need to be by PM, but nonetheless I am willing to teach what I have learned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.