main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The RPF's Newest Moderator

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    [image=http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/images/2007/10/08/southport_musical_fireworks_1_470x356.jpg]

Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, RPers of all ages!!!

It is my distinct pleasure to announce the ascension of our DarthXan318 to the position of RPF Moderatrix!

Our dear moderator Saintheart shall soon be stepping down from his position as moderator here ( :( ), and so your mod team has been secretly working over the last few weeks to find a replacement capable of filling his sizable shoes. After a lengthy discussion, we decided to return some feminine influence to this good community with the promotion of Miss Xan.

I have great faith that Xan shall be a special boon to our boards. Her consistent presence, attention to details, dedication, and approachable nature shall make her an excellent compliment to the RPF Team. She is, without a doubt, an innovator and a leader, perfect for the role she will now play!

So please come on down and give her a hearty round of congratulations! :D =D=

Best of luck! [face_good_luck]

-I_H

A reminder that Xan will, as all mods do, start off with only moderator status. So if you need something other than an edit or a ban (as in banner change, VIP rights, stickies, etc.), you will have to come to me or to Saintheart for the time being.

Also Saintheart will be posting his stepping-down thread soon, so hold on to your farewells until that is up! Until he posts that, the RPF will be enjoying an unprecedented triad of moderation.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Alright Xan!=D=

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
  4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    congrats to miss xan. may you have a long and fruitful modship.

:snoopy

5. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    Congratulations Xan! =D=

6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations!

Sorry to see Saintheart go.

7. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Yay for Xan! Congrats to you!

=D=

8. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Congratulations!! =D=

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Thanks everyone! :D :D

I'm speechless - no, really, the sad thing is I am literally without a speech, because it completely escaped me until right now that I would have to reply to all these promotion threads and everything. :oops: So all I'll say is: thank you all and I won't let you down!

Now excuse me while I play with all these shiny new buttons. [face_hypnotized] Hey, I wonder if I can ban myse-

10. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Totally awesome and well deserved! Congrats Xany! :)

11. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    It's about time you were made a moderator, too bad it has to be due to Saint stepping down but still congrats on the promotion. Well deserved.

The RPF always did have the best mods because they were picked from a deeply involved person from the community, glad to see that tradition continue.

12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    YAY!! Congratz Xan!! Woot!! [face_dancing]

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Congrats, Xan!

Well deserved! :)

14. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    Best to Saintheart and thanks. Hope you are not leaving the RPF, but merely divesting your position. My congratulations to Xan!

Pash

15. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Congratulations indeed to Xan. A very worthy replacement.

As for me, I'm stepping down only because my charmless employer has decided to cut my access to the boards at work, therefore pretty much destroying my online availability during the day. It's not fair to the remaining moderators that I remain when I can't do the job properly.

Having said that, I am remaining on the RPF. It might just take a little longer to get replies from me, that's all. :D

16. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    good to hear that saint. be a real shame for you to disappear on us.

:snoopy

17. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Congrats Xany. May your enemies sleep forever in scarlet colored garments.

-B-

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    No, Saint. :( But hey, sweet to see Xan as the new moderator! I've only read her posts from the outside -- having never had the honour of RPing with her -- but I love the decision that's been made here. Have fun in what you do and what you achieve, Xan! Always have fun as a moderator, never forget that.

19. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Girlpower! Good luck Xan and I agree with all those who think we see a great one step down. You made me laugh and afraid of your authority, the same time Saint!

20. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Thanks again, guys!

Now that the *GLEE SHINY* has worn off a bit ( [face_blush]) I just wanted to say a few things. It'll be a few days before I figure out how this all works, but let me reassure you lot that I don't plan to try and institute sweeping reforms in the RPFs. :p You guys know me, and I'm not going to change - it'll be the same as usual except my name is blue, and of course if you guys have problems/complaints/suggestions/etc I can do something about it. It'll be business as usual, only with a new name in the header.

Saint is a fantastic mod and his boots, when he hangs 'em up, will be large and difficult to fill, but I'll do my best. Cheers... :D

21. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    AHA! Your first mistake!

Saint doesn't wear boots!

He wears monk crocs!![face_laugh]

-B-

22. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Just popping my head back in quickly to say:

Congrats! =D=[:D] It's a promotion that's been years in the making.

And don't believe all this stuff about no sweeping reforms. A reign of terror begins here- she's DarthXan for a reason. Don't cross her, or you'll be permaXanned! [face_skull]

23. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Congrats Xan, definitely a deserving promotion.=D=

Glad to hear you will still be around Saint, you did a good job as moderator.:)

24. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    [LUKE]And I'm with you too![/LUKE]

Congratulations, DarthXan!

Sorry to hear what happened, Saintheart; I know, it tears the heart right out of you when you can't access the boards at work.
    Tt's happened to me before, and even just as a roleplayer, it hurt a lot.

25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    *insert appropriate quote from the Council of Elrond*

I go away for a few days, and suddenly we've got one of our own on the inside! Excellent!

Congrats!

[face_coffee]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.