main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The RPF's relationship with FanFiction

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by blubeast1237, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Is somebody trying to get banned? o_O

But I think we wanna have an index. And over there is an index for EVERYTHING! Challenges, characters, eras, diaries . . . so why no another one where we can have our RPG related stuff.

Because I´d like to read about stuff from over here. The way such things are done over there is somebody makes a thread where you collect all links. It´s no student exchange program. It´s a list. A list.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If you're interested in seeing what happened to 128 ABY after we left everyone, I have finally put up the fanfiction ending to 128 ABY - 129 ABY - Betrayal's Aftermath. I'm TAGGING as many people as I can from the game, and updates will be forthcoming for most if not all characters.

An update will follow daily - as the entire fanfiction has been wrote - and as such all characters will be covered in some way. :D

Today - Cale Wyn, Darth Solari, Plo Wanderguard and Darth Khopesh are covered.

Tomorrow - Everyone who was on Anaxes!

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Nice, Sinre! :D

I like the idea of an index. Don't see why we can't do that too, all the discussion threads in FFR seem to incorporate a listing of work by participants. But, er, Blu seems to have disappeared ...? [face_worried]

4. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    argh!! I moved and the internet connection was cut off.[face_plain]

Will get back to business after practice tomorrow. Anybody with any last minute thoughts, please pm me.

-B-

5. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Just to keep everyone up to date: VaderLV has approved the OP, but is running it passed the other Mods.

I will, without mercy, destroy their doubts. So no need to worry.[face_peace]

-B-

6. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    *bump*

So I suppose I'll post this here too. Blood Ties, my pre-Dark History fic starring Calys and Alexia Rivers, is up here. Three chapters so far, and updates follow every few days ... :D

7. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    RPF/FanFic Relations Thread is up!!

Stop by and give the thread a good start!

If you want your RP mentioned in the OP, please PM me. The FanFicers don't like when you shamelessly promote yourself by posting your game everywhere.

-B-

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I tried doing an index for the RPF a LOOOONG time ago. It was a tedious and time consuming task that I gave up on it.

Unlike the index over in the FFF, an index here would constantly become obsolete due to the constant opening and closure of games in the same day. Over in the FFF if a story is started and abandoned by the author, there is a chance that the author will go back and add another portion to it later and still be read and commented on. For a game, once a game is abandoned its abandoned forever.

9. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    We're talking about an index for fanfic written by RPFers, Mitth, not game threads. :p

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    129 ABY is finally finished, everyone. :D

Ten chapters filled with victory, defeat, and death. Typical Sinre, then. :p

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    If I understand the purpose of this thread correctly, then I wrote a memory providing a shared backstory for two characters of mine in Galaxy at War III.

It came out like a bit of fic' so much that I re-posted in FanFiction: We Will Always Have Iskalon.

I did want to expand on the prose first, but as so often happens, my roleplaying leaves little time for extra-curricular projects. [face_plain]

12. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Hey everyone - as some of you may know, I've begun editing Man Cubs into fanfic form. My current intention is to eventually post it over in the fanfic forums, but first I'd like to get some input on my editing style. So, without further ado, I present the first section of the story for your criticism:

MAN CUBS
    (or How The Galaxy Was Tamed)

Music

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away...

This all took place in the days that were called the Beginning of Years, when the galaxy was a wild and fierce place that was known as The Great Jungle.

In those times, Hyperspace was the name of the Dragon who watched over all things. As he slept, ships would enter into his cavernous mouth, and when he awoke he would spit them out on a tide of flame, hurling them away at tremendous speed. In this way did beings journey across the stars.

The planets were limitless in number and name, and every one of them was ruled by the Togorian named Shere Khan. He was an evil and hated beast, and his wrath was feared by all who lived in The Jungle, from the mightiest wroshyr tree to the smallest lizard-ant.

But Shere Khan knew a fear of his own.

The Khil, who were proud sages from ancient days, forewarned him of the coming of Man, who would tear down the Laws of the Jungle and make themselves into kings. Shere Khan was overcome by a terrible madness at this news, for he had once been a slave to the vile Rakata, and had vowed never to bow to any creature again.

So it was that he swore a terrible oath: that by the blood of his hide he would devour alive any Man who entered the galaxy.

Many moons passed, and the Jungle suffered beneath the rule of Shere Khan the Togorian.

Then, one warm evening on a world named Alderaan, Bagheera the Cathar heard an unnatural noise coming from within a forgotten cave. When he went to look, he found not a predator as he had expected, but something far worse: a group of crying human infants. At first Bagheera was struck by fear, and did not dare approach the strange creatures. But after some time had passed, he saw that they were too small to cause harm, and he took pity on them.

He took them to his trusted friends in the Shistavanen pack, who agreed to raise the little ones as their own, so that wolf and man would grow together as one.

All feared that if Shere Khan were to discover this deed, he would kill everyone who had known of it. But Bagheera and his friends hoped that the children would grow quickly into Men, and slay the tyrant...

And that was how the great tale began.

[i][blockquote]Now Rann the Kite brings home the night
    That Mang the Bat sets free--
    The herds are shut in byre and hut
    For loosed till dawn are we.
    This is the hour of pride and power,
    Talon and tush and claw.

Oh, hear the call!--Good hunting all
    That keep the Jungle Law![/i]

-Night-Song in the Jungle, [i]The Jungle Book[/i][/blockquote]

[u][b]
    Chapter One, in which there are many comings and goings, and the Beginning of Things to Come[/b][/u]

It was raining in the jungle, and the animals and creatures had settled into their homes as nightfall approached.

[b]Raksha[/b] was the eldest and wisest huntress of the Shistavanen pack, but was known better among her people for being the Mother of the Man Cubs. At first she had faced much derision and even disgust for her decision to adopt the children, and had been mocked and scorned for her inability to birth Shistavanen cubs. There were others who had spoken of the danger in which she had placed the entire pack by harbouring these creatures, and had called on her to hand the infants over to Shere Khan, and plead for his mercy.

Those had been troubled times, and her husband [b]Rama[/b] was enraged by the insults to his wife's honour. Many times he would return to the den with gashes and cuts across his fur from fights with other members of the Pack.

This had gone on for many months until eventually [b]Akula[/b], the great leader of the Pack, had called for an

13. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Aaargh, as GM it pains me to see anything go. But obviously you can't keep everything. For that, just read the game! :p

I agree with your edits. You can't incorporate each character's perspective for every scene. I think it's even slightly long, though you've done very good job of introducing everyone.

Having said all that, I might put in the Mischa and Akula part though...you'll probably want to include as much of her as possible so that the impact of her death is stronger.

Anyway, it's up to you. I'm just sitting back and enjoying reading it. I look forward to seeing this develop.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I asked the permission of my Shadow Games players if I could work it into a fanfic. Never actually got around to doing so, unfortunately. Good idea, Hamm!

15. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    I like it, Hamm. :D Although I'd put all the 'missing scenes' back in, actually, just because otherwise it's a bit hard to explain how the pack is already roused when Rama returns with everyone else.

Or ... I dunno. Hm. [face_thinking] It's sort of not really missing those scenes, but it is.

16. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Maybe you guys could take this over to the RPF/FanFic thread in the FanFic resource. That place could use some action.

Plus, those are story writers up there. Might help for criticism from strangers.[face_dancing]

-B-

17. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    These are posts from the game just put together and edited, though...

18. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Shut up, Penguinator!

-B-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.