main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The RPG thread... Looking for dates to get together for BerX's campaign.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I am still waiting to hear from my family, but tentatively, that will work...

Is there any way you can spare at least a couple hours Troy? I realize it is hard for you to commit to a full afternoon, but if you could do it for a few hours at least, it would be nice to have everybody there... :)

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, it'd be great if you could make it for a little while Troy. :)

3. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    I'll do my best! In the past I have promised and not been able to follow through, and I don't want to do that again.

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    So how does the 6th at say, 2 or 3 sound?

Also, if Troy can't host then does that mean I have to? :( *dreads cleaning up my house*

5. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    You guys are welcome to come to my place, if that works?

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I was hoping you'd offer... God bless! :D

7. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    You tricked me!!! :mad:

8. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    If you didn't offer then I would have held it here... geez :p

9. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    So what time at John's tomorrow? 2 or 3?

10. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    We are still doing this, right? :)

11. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Heh...

I am good for 2 or 3, doesn't matter to me.

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'll probably be showing up at about 2:30... as you can see from my post time I'll have been up awhile :p

13. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay see you in a bit! :)

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    That was an awesome game guys. Thanks for coming! (was it really 6 hours???)

Thanks for hosting us too John :)

Anyway the short of it is that the party got their ship back and with the help of the locals escaped the planet and have now set course for Coruscant.

So when will we have out next session. Here's the weekends this month. I can't commit 100% to every one because my Mom goes for cataract surgery sometime this month and if she needs my help then I simply won't be able to come.

12th/13th
    19th/20th - 20th
    is the Toy & Comic show so we'd have to make it for the 19th
    26th/27th

Ideally I would like to keep this going every two weeks and have it on the 19th/20th but I doubt that's possible, so post what weekends or days you have free and we'll try and get together then. :)

15. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, was a GREAT session!!!! :D

12th/13th - I have the kids, but I could still host, as long as you guys understand that I might be a bit distracted at times... :)

19th/20th - 19th is no good for me. After the comic show might work though

26th/27th - I am supposed to have the kids AND it is Easter weekend, so hit or miss for me here. Saturday might work for me though, as I will probably have the kids sunday/monday

(Keep in mind that if my Mom goes in for her surgery, all bets are off!)

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Roger, roger. :)

Steve? Troy? You guys gonna weigh in? ;)

17. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    12th/13th, and Easter is out. so that leaves the 19th/20th

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Can't do the 20th and I'm tied up now this weekend so for now the 19th looks the best... Troy?

Also, if anyone else is interested in coming to play (even if you don't know how to play) then feel free to post. We always welcome new blood and we're more than happy to help out anyone who doens't know the rules. :)

19. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    For me, that's the weekend right before finals. I won't be available. I'll be free for any day or night between March 28th and April 1st. Then I'm gone for the entire month of April.

I was told that this semester is the busiest of the entire degree. I don't doubt it one iota.

20. Darth_Beowulf

Darth_Beowulf Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    I would really like to get involved in the campaign and would have no problem playing any role needed to fulfill campaign needs. However, I do work every second weekend as mentioned before. The 26th/27th is an off work weekend and every second weekend after that. If you do plan on playing then, then I will be able to join in. I will watch the board for any dates that I can play. I do have lots of free time on weekdays so if by chance you guys schedule a session then, I could more than likely make that also. I hope I am not overstepping my boundaries here since I have only met some of you once but I would like to get more involved. Ciao.

21. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I don't think weekdays are really possible (even on spring break) because John and I work... I'd imagine John works most of those days.

Don't worry about popping in the thread Darth Beowulf and letting us know when you're free. I try and schedule these for when we have everyone free (if possible) then if not when we have the most people free. :)

Okay, so I don't want Troy to miss any more sessions, yet there's no other dates that work for everyone. How would everyone feel if we postponed this until May now? I can guarantee that we'll have a session soon after April, plus it's just a bad time to schedule other things right now with C3 coming up right away.

So let me know if we should postpone the next game until May or should we keep trying to get something going before then. :)

22. Darth_Beowulf

Darth_Beowulf Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    I imagine that getting everyone together at once could be tricky, but I don't think it would hurt to check if we could do it before May. I am pretty anxious to try the game but I have patience.....good things come to those who wait, or so I hear. I guess I should maybe start out by getting a rulebook? Any suggestions on what book to get? Or, if there is a book that the group needs I will pick it up and then we can all use it...I used to do that with Dungeons and Dragons books....that way we had at least one copy of all the books. Also, if you wanted to have just a mini adventure with temporary characters so I could learn the rules, I would be interested in that. That way if only two or three of us could make it we could play but not affect the campaign. I have this invasion of Theed boxed set I bought for two dollars we could play to avoid you having to make up a scenario, unless of course you wanted to. Think about it and let me know what you think. Talk to you later.

23. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Whatever works best for everyone else. :)

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    If you could get the Revised Core Rulebook for Star Wars (make sure it's the Wizards of the Coast version) then that'd be great, but not necessary. At least not right away anyway.

If you've played D&D then you're off to a good start because the two are very similar and use the same system, but we can still get together sometime for a mini-game to help teach you the ropes.

Who'd else would be up for a mini-game?

25. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I wouldn't mind getting together for a minigame to help you learn...

I would also like to get something going before May; that seems like a long, long way away... :(

Could we do it Easter Monday during the day/evening?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.