main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The RPG thread... Looking for dates to get together for BerX's campaign.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Beowulf

Darth_Beowulf Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    I am glad to see that a minigame is in the works. Unfortunately Easter monday I work. These are the days I am available in March:12, 13, 16, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, and the 30th. This should help you guys a bit more than guessing all the time. Thanks for taking the time to have a minigame for my benefit though, it is greatly appreciated. Hopefully we can get something done soon but I know what its like to have other things on the go, life is so darn distracting.

2. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Hey guys. I just picked up the Revised Core Rulebook (Wizrds of the Coast like you suggested) yesterdy. The rules are very straightforward and playing D & D definately made it alot easier. there should be no probs when we actually do get a chance to play, however I am still up for a toned down session or two to to smooth out any bugs and whatnot. Post back when you know more about possible dates.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    How does the 26th look for everyone?

That's a saturday. I'm looking to have an actual game then if everyone's interested. Not a mini-game, but you're still more than welcome DB. There shouldn't be too much to teach if you know the system. :)

4. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    I should be free that day...but I'll check with my wife to make sure. I've been known to forget important things.

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    So we are NOT doing anything for the 19th, correct?

6. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    26th should be free...

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Copy that. 19th is out. I have plans then anyway :(

8. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    The 26th, at least as of right now, looks good for me also. I do have to check with my wife but I am pretty sure that I will be there. Finally.

9. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Wait! The 26th is Easter weekend. I'm going to be out of town. :(

Sorry guys. Good thing my character is the strong, silent type...

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Poodoo. Okay, can you do me a favour Steve and level your character up to 4th then send me the stat-block?

Everyone can level up their characters to fourth if they want. Don't forget to take the XP for it.

Lee, if you want to try your hand at creating a 4th-level character then go ahead by all means. If you'd like to wait til game-day for help then that's fine. You can also create a 1st level character and we can level it up on the 26th. :)

Okay, unless someone else drops out then we're still on for the 26th, since we have no more free weekends that would work. See you guys then.

11. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Cool, I will try my hand at creating a character then. Is there a certain class or any other detail that you think would help the group dynamic or campaign plotline? See you guys on the 26th.

12. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Looks like I'll be good for hosting, as well. Please bring your own snacks, as I'm a starving University student.

Two questions, so I can prepare:

1) When on Saturday?
    2) How many do we have coming?

~Troy

13. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Troy, I have the kids that weekend, so if I can't find a babysitter, would you be able/willing to come to my house?

14. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    That should be fine, yes. heheh, I usually have trouble finding your house...I should go over there more often.

15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    When's good for you guys? I'm keeping all day Saturday free for this so whenever's good for me. :)

But just to get the ball rolling how does noon sound?

16. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Noon is good for me.

17. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Noon sonds good to me also, but When it gets closer to the 26th maybe I could get some direction to where I am going, or I could be a little late.

18. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    heheh, John, please say it loud enough for me to hear also. I have to implant those directions somehow.

19. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    So are you still good to host, Troy? No kiddies for me, so I am free as a bird... :)

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Anyone in the west end need a ride?

21. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    What era is this campaign in?

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    If you read any of the books it's set just after the events of the Thrawn trilogy (Heir to the Empire and the 2 sequels). If you're not familiar then it's set about 5 - 6 years after RotJ. If you've read the comic Dark Empire then it's set just before the events of those comics. If you haven't read them then let me know. I can bring them on Saturday for you to borrow. It's not necessary to read at all, but it's interesting stuff. :)

23. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    I have only one or two issues of Dark empire, so it would be cool if you had them with you. WHere am I going on Saturday?

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    We're going to Troy's now. He lives by WestMount mall. He can post or PM you the address. :)

You live in the west-end Lee? I might be able to give you a lift if you want to PM or post your addy.

25. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    I am on the South Side so I will meet you there. Anyhow its getting late see you Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.