main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Edmonton The RPG thread... Looking for dates to get together for BerX's campaign.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Beowulf

Darth_Beowulf Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    I am glad to see that a minigame is in the works. Unfortunately Easter monday I work. These are the days I am available in March:12, 13, 16, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, and the 30th. This should help you guys a bit more than guessing all the time. Thanks for taking the time to have a minigame for my benefit though, it is greatly appreciated. Hopefully we can get something done soon but I know what its like to have other things on the go, life is so darn distracting.

2. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Hey guys. I just picked up the Revised Core Rulebook (Wizrds of the Coast like you suggested) yesterdy. The rules are very straightforward and playing D & D definately made it alot easier. there should be no probs when we actually do get a chance to play, however I am still up for a toned down session or two to to smooth out any bugs and whatnot. Post back when you know more about possible dates.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    How does the 26th look for everyone?

That's a saturday. I'm looking to have an actual game then if everyone's interested. Not a mini-game, but you're still more than welcome DB. There shouldn't be too much to teach if you know the system. :)

4. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    I should be free that day...but I'll check with my wife to make sure. I've been known to forget important things.

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    So we are NOT doing anything for the 19th, correct?

6. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    26th should be free...

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Copy that. 19th is out. I have plans then anyway :(

8. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    The 26th, at least as of right now, looks good for me also. I do have to check with my wife but I am pretty sure that I will be there. Finally.

9. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Wait! The 26th is Easter weekend. I'm going to be out of town. :(

Sorry guys. Good thing my character is the strong, silent type...

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Poodoo. Okay, can you do me a favour Steve and level your character up to 4th then send me the stat-block?

Everyone can level up their characters to fourth if they want. Don't forget to take the XP for it.

Lee, if you want to try your hand at creating a 4th-level character then go ahead by all means. If you'd like to wait til game-day for help then that's fine. You can also create a 1st level character and we can level it up on the 26th. :)

Okay, unless someone else drops out then we're still on for the 26th, since we have no more free weekends that would work. See you guys then.

11. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Cool, I will try my hand at creating a character then. Is there a certain class or any other detail that you think would help the group dynamic or campaign plotline? See you guys on the 26th.

12. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Looks like I'll be good for hosting, as well. Please bring your own snacks, as I'm a starving University student.

Two questions, so I can prepare:

1) When on Saturday?
    2) How many do we have coming?

~Troy

13. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Troy, I have the kids that weekend, so if I can't find a babysitter, would you be able/willing to come to my house?

14. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    That should be fine, yes. heheh, I usually have trouble finding your house...I should go over there more often.

15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    When's good for you guys? I'm keeping all day Saturday free for this so whenever's good for me. :)

But just to get the ball rolling how does noon sound?

16. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Noon is good for me.

17. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Noon sonds good to me also, but When it gets closer to the 26th maybe I could get some direction to where I am going, or I could be a little late.

18. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    heheh, John, please say it loud enough for me to hear also. I have to implant those directions somehow.

19. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    So are you still good to host, Troy? No kiddies for me, so I am free as a bird... :)

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Anyone in the west end need a ride?

21. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    What era is this campaign in?

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    If you read any of the books it's set just after the events of the Thrawn trilogy (Heir to the Empire and the 2 sequels). If you're not familiar then it's set about 5 - 6 years after RotJ. If you've read the comic Dark Empire then it's set just before the events of those comics. If you haven't read them then let me know. I can bring them on Saturday for you to borrow. It's not necessary to read at all, but it's interesting stuff. :)

23. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    I have only one or two issues of Dark empire, so it would be cool if you had them with you. WHere am I going on Saturday?

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    We're going to Troy's now. He lives by WestMount mall. He can post or PM you the address. :)

You live in the west-end Lee? I might be able to give you a lift if you want to PM or post your addy.

25. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    I am on the South Side so I will meet you there. Anyhow its getting late see you Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.