main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Rule of Two

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kimball_Kinnison, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The rule of two died when both Vader and Palpatine began training others. Darth Bane established the rule of two about a thousand years prior to TPM. But before that, there could be numerous Sith Lords.

2. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I shouldn't have said to dismiss all the EU, but just look at it this way: it's illogical and improbably that all these sects could form after Pals falls. That's all I'm saying, I'm not attacking any pre-movie EU.

3. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    They formed before Palps fall though...

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Lando Calrissian slayed the last of the known tund, when he killed the croak Roker Gepta.

Oh, and "Tund" system is mentioned in TPM if you didn't know.

5. Christian-Cage

Christian-Cage Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2001
    As I understand it from "The Essential Chronology" book, the rule of two was imposed by Darth Bane after the Sith Wars. He establishd it because when there were hords of Sith Lords warring the republic, the Sith caved on themselves because they were power hungry. Hence the rule of two by th only Sith survivor of the war, Darth Bane.

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "As I understand it from "The Essential Chronology" book, the rule of two was imposed by Darth Bane after the Sith Wars. He establishd it because when there were hords of Sith Lords warring the republic, the Sith caved on themselves because they were power hungry. Hence the rule of two by th only Sith survivor of the war, Darth Bane

The same book, the EC, it says that the tund study ancient sith teachings, and are a sith cult."

They escaped the battle of ruusan because they never fought in the battle of ruusan. They were like monks, and had no way to get of their planet. So they were ignored by the jedi as non-dangerous.

Roker Gepta landed on the planet and trained in whatever the tund knew and bacame a tund himself. He killed all the rest of the tund and became a minor dictator of the Centrality. Palptatine gave him a decomissioned ship, and crew, as well as giving him command of any imperial backup forces he needed. palpatine pretty much let gepta have free reigin of the centrality. A place with few stars, and vast amounts of black space. Tund was actually pretty isolated because of this fact.

As for other sith cultists we don't know if any more exist beyond tidbits like mention of gorc and pic being "brothers of the sith" from the game itself.

Before you start to say negetavily about the games, let me remind you:

TPM dvd recently in a video about starfighter, says that lucas gets into making of a game early, going over the scripts and making sure it meshes with his movies. He even plays the games.

They as a company directly owned by LFL studios at the ranch, are given higher level of involvement by lucas himself than any other 2nd party company. If lucas allowed that in the game, then it's official sanctioned by him, and part of his vision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.