main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Ryshcate Factory - L/M - SJRS February Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Feb 13, 2012.

1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Title: The Ryshcate Factory
    Author: JediMara77
    Characters: Luke, Mara
    Timeframe: post Vision of the Future, pre Union
    Genre: Romance and humor
    A/N: Written for the SJRS February challenge. My chore was ?cooking a big meal.? Thanks to ginchy for looking this over!

[b]"The Ryshcate Factory"[/b]

?I told you all the good restaurants would be full.? Mara gave her fiancé and pointed look as she entered his apartment and placed her bag on the table. ?But the smart Jedi Master wouldn?t listen to me.?

Luke rolled his eyes. ?I told you a billion times already, I?m sorry. How was I supposed to know that Sweetheart?s Day was such a big deal??

?Oh, I don?t know, maybe because I told you??

?Yes, but?not like that.? Luke shuddered. ?A four hour long wait at The Ryshcate Factory? I realize it?s a popular restaurant, but that?s just ridiculous.?

?Uh-huh,? Mara said, deadpan. ?But the people who got there early have food and we don?t.?

Luke cringed, looking at Mara for the first time since they entered his apartment. ?I?m sorry, Mara. I know you had your heart set on going there.?

She shrugged. ?It happens.?

?But still?this is our first Sweetheart?s Day together and I wanted to make it special. I?m sorry.? He crossed to her and placed his arms around her waist. ?How can I make it up to you??

Mara wrapped her arms around his neck and pretended to think. ?Well?I can think of several ideas.? She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Luke grinned. ?Oh yeah??

?Yeah.? Mara leaned in close and whispered in his ear. ?You can get me some food. I?m starved!?

Luke pulled away and laughed. ?As you wish, my lady. I?m pretty hungry too. Luckily for you, I know how to cook.?

?Do you now?? Mara said, following him into his small kitchenette. She?d been to Luke?s apartment many times now but had never seen him prepare anything other than simple breakfast foods and caf. They were so busy that they always ate dinner on the run or brought takeout back to one of their apartments.

Luke nodded. ?My aunt taught me.?

Mara cocked a brow. ?Something other than Tatooinian fare, I hope??

Luke laughed. ?Yes, Mara, don?t worry.? He reached into the cabinet and pulled out several boxes, then reached into the cooling unit and grabbed a piece of frozen meat. ?How does nerf with teltiar noodles sound??

Mara almost started salivating right then and there. Teltiar noodles, while relatively simple to make, were her favorite food in the galaxy. And nerf was something she would never dare to make on her own. She?d tried once and almost burned down the [i]Wild Karrde[/i]?s galley. ?Sounds great,? she said, trying to contain her excitement. She didn?t want to make Luke too cocky. But he still smirked as he turned to the counter and started preparing the meal.

?There?s wine in there if you?d like a glass.?

Mara opened the cooling unit and fetched the bottle. She found glasses in the cabinet and poured two glasses. Just months ago, she would have laughed in someone?s face if they?d told her that she?d soon know her way around Luke Skywalker?s kitchen. She hid her smile as she set one of the glasses next to Luke. Then she hopped up on the counter opposite him and sipped her own glass. ?Trying to wine and dine me, farmboy??

He glanced at her and grinned. ?Maybe. Is it working??

She grinned back. ?Maybe. Depends on how good this meal of yours is.?

?Then I expect it will.? His eyes twinkled with mischief before he turned back to his work. She watched him in silence for a few moments before he started grumbling. ?I still can?t believe there was a four hour wait! It?s not even late yet.? He shook his head.

?I told you, Sweetheart?s Day is a big deal. People plan their dates months in advance.?

?Isn?t that a little over-the-top??

Mara shrugged. She wasn?t much for big romantic gestures and didn?t fully comprehend the lengths some would go to for Sweetheart?s Day. But Luke didn?t need to

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Hi-yah!

... hope I made first.

ETA:

I did, I did! [face_dancing]

Okay, so I lub it. [face_love] I love L/M just hanging out at home and having a meal. I love that Luke cooked her favorite meal. That's got to be better than some stuffy over-priced meal out. Plus, that dessert.... well.... [face_mischief] =P~

I love the fun they had with the food-fight!!! What a new experience for them, to have fun together. (And baths... [face_mischief] )

Is this ending 'use your imagination only'?? [face_praying] it's not!!!

And I love the Callista and Lando talk. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I still think we know what Luke gave Callista and that he can give Mara more... [face_devil]

ahem.

:D Lub it!!! [face_love]

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So freaking adorable! I love this timeframe for Luke and Mara.

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My husband must be from Tatooine or Yavin IV because he doesn't celebrate Valentine's day either. He may buy me a box of chocolates and then eat them all himself.

Very nice response to the challenge. I like the Callista talk. No wonder the woman left. LOL!

Great job!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    JM! SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE!

The reason Luke didn't do anything with Callista for Sweetheart's Day ;) - big duh! is she didn't inspire him like Mara - to make a homecooked meal, to play like kiddies with the raw batter [face_laugh] and then to have real! fun! in the bath [face_dancing]

I love how comfy Mara is with the every day kind of closeness and learning that's developing and how she revels in it. :D

And the Force thingy between them just enhances -- everything [face_laugh]

Yum, tummy!

[:D]

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hmmm, batter-covered Farmboy =P~ would definitely be my pick for a Valentine's day present.

7. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Yummmm. Tasty farmboy. Haha, Leia's celebrating Sweethearts Day where Mara wanted to. Oh well, Mara gets Luke's cooking instead. And Luke.

8. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Is it me or is batter sometimes better than the actual cake? Yum...
    Fun, sweet and romantic fic - loved it!

9. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Absolutely lovely viggie! Loved to see Luke cook so effortlessly and Mara just watching him! You always manage to weave in so lovely moods into your stories, crowned with greath dialogue!!!=D= [:D]

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    ginchy: Hi-yah back! I'm glad you like this. :) I love L/M just hanging out together. They don't need hearts and flower to be romantic - they just are! Although the dessert is very nice. =P~

Briannakin: I do, too! Thanks!

Jedi_Lover: Aww! Yeah, I'm bitter toward Valentine's Day, too. But whatever. I can celebrate with Luke and Mara! I'm surprised the Callista line made you laugh. Usually you barf at mentions of her. See, you're warming up to her! ;)

Jade_eyes: Thank you! Mara is definitely learning the advantages of being with Luke.

Hazel: Mine, too! [face_mischief]

Curtis: I think Mara got the better end of the deal. ;)

Mondra: My friend and I often eat raw brownie batter rather than making the actual brownies. YUM!

kataja: Thank you! [:D]

For those of you wondering - yes, I did get the name of the restaurant (and the viggie) from the Cheesecake Factory. It's my favorite restaurant. Many years ago, my BFF and I went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Single's Awareness Day. It was a Saturday night and it was PACKED. We ended up going to another, more casual restaurant in the shopping plaza because there was no wait and we were starved. We were dressed nicely and I think people thought we were lesbians. Not that there's anything wrong with that! We just aren't.

Anyway, that's what inspired this viggie. :) Thanks for reading!