main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Discussion The Saga of Dune is Far From Over-A Dune Saga Discussion

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LadyofAThousandDays, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyofAThousandDays

LadyofAThousandDays Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    I am still trying to digest all of the books I have been able to get my hands on.

However, I am far from expert in understanding all the idea in this massive work.

I am hoping that those that are far more able to digest the information will come and give ideas and thoughts.

I suppose we can always start with the easiest-Which is your favorite Character and why? Also, other than the first incredible work, which is your favorite book? ( I only say this because everyone always says "Dune")

for myself I love Jessica, and even though the writing is not nearly as good as Herbert's I have enjoyed reading the prequel's, I guess you can call them.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2005
    Dune is excellent, and Dune Messiah is a close second in my books. I also enjoyed God Emperor of Dune...the list goes on. The prequels and "sequels" by Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert are poor imitations, in my opinion (though I do enjoy the feel and storyline that the prequels give, their attempt to resolve Chapterhouse's cliffhangar is...terrible), but were fun to read.

As far as characters go, I'm a Paul fanboy and a sucker for Liet-Kynes and the Count Fenring.

3. LadyofAThousandDays

Jul 27, 2008
    Actually I also have to admit that I have a fondness for the royal Pawn , Irulan. I guess I understand her more, with the love of history ect.
    However, I am not so well versed in political intrique.

4. LadyofAThousandDays

Jul 27, 2008
    Discussion: The True Kwisatz Haderach was revealed to be Duncan Idaho. In what ways does he meet the "prophecy" criteria?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.