Discussion The Saga of Dune is Far From Over-A Dune Saga Discussion

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LadyofAThousandDays, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. LadyofAThousandDays Jedi Padawan

I am still trying to digest all of the books I have been able to get my hands on.

However, I am far from expert in understanding all the idea in this massive work.

I am hoping that those that are far more able to digest the information will come and give ideas and thoughts.

I suppose we can always start with the easiest-Which is your favorite Character and why? Also, other than the first incredible work, which is your favorite book? ( I only say this because everyone always says "Dune")

for myself I love Jessica, and even though the writing is not nearly as good as Herbert's I have enjoyed reading the prequel's, I guess you can call them.
  2. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Dune is excellent, and Dune Messiah is a close second in my books. I also enjoyed God Emperor of Dune...the list goes on. The prequels and "sequels" by Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert are poor imitations, in my opinion (though I do enjoy the feel and storyline that the prequels give, their attempt to resolve Chapterhouse's cliffhangar is...terrible), but were fun to read.

As far as characters go, I'm a Paul fanboy and a sucker for Liet-Kynes and the Count Fenring.
  3. LadyofAThousandDays Jedi Padawan

Actually I also have to admit that I have a fondness for the royal Pawn , Irulan. I guess I understand her more, with the love of history ect.
    However, I am not so well versed in political intrique.
  4. LadyofAThousandDays Jedi Padawan

Discussion: The True Kwisatz Haderach was revealed to be Duncan Idaho. In what ways does he meet the "prophecy" criteria?
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.