main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Salt Lake City FanForce Book Club

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jedi_Noghri, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    Welcome to the Salt Lake City FanForce Book Club thread.

In the coming months we will be getting together once in a while to read and discuss Star Wars literature. If you enjoy the Star Wars novels, this will be a great opportunity to further that enjoyment by sharing your opinions an viewpoints on the novels we will be reading and by hearing the thoughts of others. I am sure that this has a great potential to snowball once it gets rolling and will bring in more and more interested people if we do it right. Everyone is welcome to join in the book club free of charge and free of obligation so everyone should at the very least try it out to see what it will be like and if it might be something they could get into.

Jedi_Angell (Riley) is the Book Club President so if you have any questions or concerns about stuff you may have missed at the meetings or what is planned in future meetings, feel free to harass him at all hours of the night. He said he wanted to be more of a secretary but this is more fun and I'm confident in his dictatorial capacities so he'll be really good at the job. I should also mention that if anyone else ever wants to be more involved in such things you are more than welcome to speak up and take a more active part in the festivities. The SLCFF belongs to you after all, not the other way around.

Stay tuned for more information about the book club and what we have in store. :cool:

2. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    What about book swaps for those of us who live a little farther away. I'd be happy to let someone borrow a book or two while I borrow one from them.

3. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Sounds like a great idea to me. Let's do it.

We should also have everyone who is interested in joining the book club/book exchange, sign in here so that we have a head count. I think it would make it more official.

Who thinks I should give a preemptive invite and let the Garrison and ProvoFF know more in depth, what we're up to?

Later we might have everyone list the books they own and if they're willing to lend them to others. that way we know where we stand. If anyone sees that someone has something that they've been wanting to read, they'll be able to see it here and ask the owner if they could bring the book or books to the next meeting.

The number and frequency of meetings will be decided after we get a head count and everyone has a chance to put their two cents in about when and where to meet.

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm in.

5. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm interested. I have a lot of books and could use a new one to read. I know some of the gals at the Provo FF write fan fics. I used to frequent that FF quite a bit years ago, but lately it seems very isolated. I don't receive feedback or replies and I killed a thread recently.

6. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    :eek:

He's a thread killer.

GET HIM!

:p

7. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    I need to sit down with Andy and figure out how we want to do this. I think we should have an email list to make sre everyone who is interested gets a reminder. Hopefully that will help unisolate things

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm up for the e-mails since I'm rarely online these days.

*again that dang one minute per post***

9. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I practically have my own library. :) Is this going to be strictly SW books, or are you thinking ANY books? Cuz I have lots of both.

10. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    More details to follow....

11. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    *waits*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.