main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Sands of Tatooine (inter-trilogy Obi-Wan fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rassick, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rassick

Rassick Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2004
    Let me know what you guys think. Here's the start:

Title: The Sands of Tatooine
    Author(s): Rassick
    Timeframe: appx. 3 years after Episode III
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Genre: action/adventure
    Keywords: Jedi, Obi-Wan, Sand People
    Summary: Obi-Wan faces many dangers during his exile on Tatooine...
    Notes: Check out my other stories if you like this. ;)

Grrr?

The massiff dog-lizard squealed pitifully as it reveled in a festering cesspool of its own filth. It led a happy life, dirty but simple. The animal had no worries or frets, no concern about what it was going to do with its time. It simply ate and slept and mated, enjoying its days.

Then the blade, a cold swipe of metal. A hot stream of the massiff?s blood squirted onto the sand and stained it red.

?Meat!? grunted the one with the blade as he removed the massiff?s head and tossed it aside. He wore tattered, raggedy robes. His nails were long, sharp, and rotten. His teeth had long since been filed into fangs. His shriveled face was hidden by bandages and a crude breathing mask.

He looked no different from any of his brethren.

They were the Sand People.

Some referred to them as Tusken Raiders in a perpetual reminder of their unprovoked massacre of the citizens of the now-abandoned Fort Tusken. But whatever their name, they were widely regarded as the scourge of Tatooine, and one of the greatest factors responsible for dissuading potential visitors.

And that, Don Fardreamer told himself, was very bad for business.

He paused the documentary and put the datapad aside. Those vile Tuskens, he thought to himself as he laid down, would be dealt with soon enough. His plans were in motion and soon, very soon, they would be brought to fruition.

Now all he had to do was wait.

The salesman?s nose bloody from inhaling so much harsh Dune Sea sand, he had very nearly given up hope. After all, his landspeeder?s engine had blown a fuse, and even if all the parts were in working order, the speeder still had no fuel. He had heard the cries of the Sand People behind him for some time now, and when he turned around he saw several angry-looking figures approaching with something resembling alacrity.

Things were looking very grim indeed until he saw a lone hut a few hundred meters away, its shelter calling him over as a parent with a snack might coax a hungry child.

There was the possibility of hallucination, but at this point he had nothing to lose. A few hundred hurried paces brought him to the sandblasted door, his feet blistered and his breath short as his thumb went for the doorchime.

A rugged-looking bearded man in a brown robe was there once the door cycled open. ?Hello there. Can I help you??

?My name is?Theel Tellway,? the salesman huffed. ?I sell exotic ?blasters and projectile weapons. Are you? interested, sir? With the recent increase in Tusken Raider attacks?a good blaster is essential.?

?A blaster?? the bearded man scoffed. ?How uncivilized. Such a clumsy and random weapon. I have no need for one.?

Theel was clearly disappointed.

?I?m sorry,? the bearded man said. ?You look tired. Please, come in. Have a seat. Drink some water.?

Theel stepped inside as a projectile exploded into the doorjamb.

?Tusken Raiders!? Theel cried. ?Lock the door and get down!?

?It?ll be fine,? the bearded man said. ?You stay here. Just give me a moment. I?ll convince them to leave.?

Theel shut the door and bolted for the window. The bearded man was already surrounded. No less than a dozen Tuskens encircled him, brandishing gaffi sticks and projectile rifles as they advanced.

It looked as if they were about to claim another victim?

A bar of blue energy shot from the bearded man?s fist, and the fight was on.

2. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Interesting start, but I think this belongs in The Saga. Beyond is for anything after ROTJ. :)

3. Rassick

Rassick Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2004
    Haha whoops, I'm really sorry about that. I'll repost it there. Mods can go ahead and lock this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.