main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Sands of Time: 500 Years after Return of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Old Juan, Aug 16, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    First of..this is a non story post..sorry. This is basic idea I came up with after watching Back to the Future(original). Seeing Micheal J. Fox back in the fifties and seeing his reactions to the significantly alterted environment then what he was used to..got me thinking. Because I have another story..this will be one of those open writer threads. And yes this is another obviously shameless attempt on my part to continue the story of the coolest Star Wars character: Obi-Wan Kenobi. The basic premise is this..500 years after the events in Return of the Jedi, the force restores Obi-Wan to the prime of his powers. The Jedi order is still around but their number is small. Obi-Wan will have to deal with existing in a time that has little memory of Luke Skywalker's era and no memory of his own. The Jedi are peace keepers(obviously)but because their order has lived in peace for so long they are woefully unperpared for the sith's return. Hence the reason Obi-Wan is restored. I will give my imput. The board is open people..go with it if you want. But keep in mind the rules that made the What If in EP1 thread and others like it so good.

Sinceraly,

Old Juan

2. Old Juan

Apr 1, 1999
    Hmm..no one's interested. I guess people must be sick of hearing Obi-Wan stories. I guess I will have to start this thing out. Not today but tommarow..

3. Nanai Akira

Nanai Akira Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 1999
    There is no death, There is the Force.

The Force. He realized he was aware of the Force. He could feel it around him, within him.

There is no death, There is the Force.

He felt the Force. With a shock, he realized that he was no longer immersed in the Force. He was aware, thinking, feeling. Like waking from a long, deep meditation, he was slowing beginning to acknowledge himself again. He was separate from the Force now, he could feel it. No longer was he a drop of water in an endless ocean. He was a rock upon a shore, the water flowing around him.

Obi-Wan. My name is Obi-Wan. No, my name was Obi-Wan. That life is gone now. I am not that man any longer. I am at one with the Force.

But he was not, his mind answered. He was alive again, his body reminded him. His body! His eyes flashed open. He could see the blue sky above him, wisps of white clouds floating by. Impossible! How could this be? He died, he remembered dying. He remembered after: Yoda, Luke, then eventually only the Force itself.

He felt his body gasp for air. Damn fool, he berated himself, you?ve forgotten how to breathe! He?d forgotten he needed to breathe. He took in a deep breath and let it out. Impossible, it may be, but that felt good.

An insect buzzed annoyingly close to his face. He saw a hand reach out to swat the insect away. He stopped; it was his hand, he realized. He stared at it, fascinated. He willed his hand to make a fist and it did. In awe, he opened his hand again and turned it back and forth in front of his eyes.

Cautiously, carefully, mindfully, he put his hand to the ground beside him and pushed himself up until he was sitting. He was in a grassy clearing near a slow running stream. There was no one around him, no buildings, no ships. He listened for any sound of civilization and heard only the water burbling, the breeze blowing through the leaves and grasses, insects buzzing. He closed his eyes for a moment and took another deep breath.

He felt better that he had in years, better than he could remember feeling. This must be a dream, a hallucination. But dreams are for the living, I am dead. He didn?t feel dead. He was alive! He was . . . thirsty! He suddenly realized what the nagging sensation was, he needed water. Almost giddy, he brought his knees up under his weight and stood.

He walked toward the stream. Is this really what it was to be alive? Everything seemed too vibrant. If I am not careful, this will overwhelm me.

He knelt at the stream, cupped his hands in the water, and splashed the water over his face. He brought his hands down to the water again and froze. He looked in the water, disbelieving. This could not be his reflection. That he had a reflection at all should not be possible, but this. . . this he could barely grasp. The face that stared back at him, it was so young!

He brought his hands up to his face, and his reflection did the same. It was him! Looking at the reflection, he guessed his age to be maybe 30, 35 at the most. But that was so long ago!

He spoke to his reflection, ?Obi-Wan, you old fool, what have you got yourself into this time!?

4. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    I hope this is a decent beginning. Old Juan, email me if you like and tell me what plans you have for the plot.

I did not see your original post, or I would have responded earlier. Great story idea!

5. Master Starkiller

Master Starkiller Jedi Youngling

May 10, 1999
    Nice. I liked it!

6. JadeSkywalker

JadeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 1999
    I liked it too! Great idea and a good beginning! Is this going to be planned out at all, or is it purely spontaneoous? And would you like to have a far distant descendant of Luke's? I'd love the chance to extend my Skywalker familt tree 10 generations into the future. (Yeah, I know it's presumptuous. It's just so much fun! ) However, I will understand if you don't want any Skywalkers involved...either way I think I'd like to get in on this!

Jade

[This message has been edited by JadeSkywalker (edited 08-19-1999).]

7. PalpyRocks!

PalpyRocks! Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 1999
    "Obi-Wan old fool, what have you gotten yourself into" LOL, that was so awesome. Personally, I think it would be great to have a descendent of the Skywalker/Jade line (assuming you go with the EU)

8. Old Juan

Apr 1, 1999
    Good start Nania Akira. If someone wants to start developing characters at the Jedi Academy..go for it. If we're going to have a descendant of the Skywalker's I would prefer if the person was not aware of their lineage. We could have Obi-Wan reveal it to the person. One of the ideas I have regarding the return of the sith revolves around a mystery(never solved) uncovered by Luke(don't know exactly what yet) but is written in a journal that Luke kept called the Skywalker Chronicles. One of the many plots of this story will be finding that book. Another plot will be Obi-Wan having to prepare unbattle hardened Jedi. This line of Jedi has never had to use violence, and peaceful solutions is such a sacred thing to them that they will resist the idea of learning to deal with situations in a forceful mannor. They don't carry lightsabres..in fact they don't even know what one is..This will be a big challenge for Obi-Wan. In case the e-mail didn't through to Nanai. I have a question..Where did Obi-Wan reappear? Was it Naboo or someplace else? Good begining though.

9. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    I'll take the next post just to get some things established (such as what planet Obi-Wan is on). I love the idea of an ancient text (Skywalker Chronicles)!

Yes, let's have a Skywalker/Jade decendent, but do not use those names! Let's have it be a mystery that Obi-Wan figures out! Hint- let's introduce several new Jedi at once and let it be one in the crowd. And let's make it a surprise even to the readers!

I will attempt to introduce the possibility of several storylines, we can each take a line then that is "our own" with some blending obviously when the lines cross! Let's keep each other aware of any major plot points that we want to write about.

I will get my post out tonight, and then anyone is welcome to join in!

10. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    <I might be interested in joining this story. Also, I have a wild suggestion for the planet he's on: Tatooine. Hey, a lot can change in 500 years!>

11. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Judu Kah was deep within her Force meditation. She was sitting on her meditation pillow in her quarters at the Jedi Temple at Yavin IV. . . and yet she was not. Her body was left behind on the planet; her mind was deep within the Force.

These deepest of meditations were now becoming a regular practice for the Jedi Master. Master Judu Kah was one of the strongest Jedi at the Temple, she considered it her responsibility to explore the Force on the deepest level possible. Another might say that she was searching for something in the Force, and maybe she was. But she had long ago learned to let go of striving in her meditation. She allowed herself to open to the Force and follow where it led her. Searching, struggling, those never got her closer to her goal. No, she must only immerse herself in the deep waters of the Force and allow clues and insights to come to her.

For several years now, the members of the Jedi Temple were aware of a deep disturbance in the Force. It was not anything that was overt or obvious. The Jedi could only feel hints and shadows of something disturbing. Judu felt a gathering, pulling in the web of the Force. But all of these sensations were so subtle and elusive that no one could pinpoint the source. It seemed to be at several places at one time, and then nowhere. Judu Kah had made it her mission to collect and analyze these stirrings in the Force. The Jedi must find the cause, and soon.

The woman sat, barely breathing now her meditation was so deep. She was not aware of her body at all, Judu was swimming in the sea of the Force. Like an ocean, the Force contained currents and eddies. The Force flowed around her awareness, allowing her occasional glimpses of the life that created the energy field. In the midst of this calm, clear ocean, came a sudden storm.

Judu was not sure what it was, she had felt nothing like it before. She felt almost as if she was thrown to the side of the storm as it brushed past her awareness. It did not feel evil, exactly, just focused in its intensity. The storm was quite powerful. Judu followed the path of the storm as it tore through the Force as long as she dared to. Already with her awareness that there was something not right here, she was slipping out of the deep trance she had been in. It was the depth of the trance that allowed her to feel this storm in the first place. The more aware and alarmed she became, the less she could feel the disturbance.

Her eyes opened wide. I must tell the others.

More to come later tonight!

12. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Obi-Wan sat in the grass, looking at the beautiful planet around him. Everywhere he could see was lush with vegetation. He realized suddenly that he was not able to see very far, the growth of the plant life was so thick around him.

Obi-Wan glanced at the plant life around him, examining every detail he could to gather clues as to where he was and what he was doing there. He was unable to name the planet just by looking at the plant life, nor was he able to eliminate many planets either. He had no idea where he was. But he had the vague feeling that he had been here before, he had lived on this world.

Earlier he had become hungry and foraged for some fruit. He thought about following the stream to see if it led to a town, but then he had decided against it. The Force had brought him to this spot for a reason. He would stay here until he received some sign from the Force that it was time to move on. Obi-Wan sat patiently in a meditation pose, or at least he tried to. For some strange reason, he could barely sit still. He did not remember it being so difficult just to sit and wait. He thought he had become a master at patience in his later years. Maybe that is the problem, he suddenly realized, I am no longer that old man. These young bones aren?t used to being so quiet and peaceful. They want to move.

Obi-Wan took a deep breath and let it out slowly, counting the seconds, trying to make the breath last as long as possible. He looked up to the sky. The sun was coming closer to the horizon now, the light was becoming dimmer. And still no sign from the Force.

As Obi-Wan glanced at the sky, he noticed something very odd. The sun, now that it was lower in the sky and less intense, was very strange. The yellow ball of fire was round, but there were long tendrils of plasma trailing off to one side. He realized what he was seeing. Another body was pulling off the sun?s upper layers. He looked, but could not see what it was. Probably another sun that has collapsed into a dwarf star. The gravitational pull of the dwarf would be enough to pull matter away from its sister sun. He was in a binary system, but he did not ever remember seeing such a phenomenon so closely.

The sun was setting now and the stars were becoming more visible. He was on an outer rim planet, that much he could tell. Obi-Wan could see the galactic core splashed across one quadrant of the sky. As the sky grew darker, Obi-Wan laid back on the ground to get a better view of the sky. If he could find enough familiar stars, he should be able to figure out where he was.

Obi-Wan watched as the sky began to display its full glory of light. His eyes darted around searching for the most obvious markers, stars that were well known for their nebula or particular color or brilliance. A chill began to creep up his spine. He almost stopped breathing. Obi-Wan had hoped to find a few familiar specks of light to allow him to name the planet he was on. As he looked at the sky, he realized that not only did he recognize all of the marker stars, he recognized the entire starfield. He knew this sky! He knew where he was. He looked now in disbelief at the lush vegetation swaying in the warm breeze. He could be on only one planet ? Tatooine.

Judu Kah hurried down the corridor leading to the main hall of the Jedi Temple. Her long dark hair streamed behind her. As she walked, she twisted her hair into a knot and secured it with a long wooden needle she had grabbed as she left her quarters. She wore the same loose pants as the rest of the Temple members, but she had on only a close knit top instead of the Jedi tunic that the others would be wearing. With such important news to convey, no one should bring up the lack of formality, Judu thought as she neared the doors to the main hall.

As she thew open the doors, all eyes turned to her, feeling her distress before they knew who it was.

?Judu Kah, what is the matter?? Master Daan Teido frowned at her, concerned.

She bowed to the fellow Master, collecting her thought

13. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Well, there is the start. I think from here we can start a Sith line - but remember, the Jedi have only felt the slightist disturbance in the Force so far, so nothing drastic just yet!

JadeSkywalker - your character was in the Temple main hall and just heard Judu speak. do you want to pick up that thread now?

My only request is that I get the next Obi-Wan scene. I will wait a little to see if other subplots are added, but I have something special planned for our hero!

oh, two more things - are we spelling Tatoonie correctly? It just seems wrong.

and please forgive me if this last thread did not make sense. I am so tired now, I can barely see straight. i will check my post in the morning. 'night!

14. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    &lt;It's Tatooine, not Tatoonie.&gt;

Chancellor Duressk Bor'lya's amplified voice echoed through the vast Senate chambers. The Bothan spoke passionately as he neared the conclusion of his speech. "So, fellow representatives of the Republic, even though we are in the middle of the longest era of peace and prosperity for millenia, there are still worlds where millions of Republic citizens must go to bed hungry, where the children can't get a proper education, where only the rich have access to modern medical treatments. We could help these people, but instead we waste huge amounts of our budget on an ancient organization that serves little purpose in today's galaxy!"

A few of the vast chamber's occupants gave shouts of outrage, and Bor'lya allowed himself a barely noticeable grin. Then he continued. "If you approve my new budget, we will cut wasteful military expenditures to a bare minimum, allowing us to put the credits where they need to go. Galactic war is ancient history! No new threats have arisen for centuries, and there's no reason to believe they will for the foreseeable future. Cutting back on the military is, without a doubt, the best course to take for our Republic. Approve these cuts, Senators, and the golden age of the Republic will not only continue, but will spread to all the systems and all the citizens of our galaxy."

As the speech concluded, applause began to fill the Senate chamber, soon turning into a raucous ovation. There was little doubt now to the outcome of the upcoming budget vote. Military spending would reach its lowest level, adjusted for inflation, in the Republic's history.

Across the galaxy, hundreds of billions of sentient beings watched the proceedings at the Senate. One of these in particular was very pleased by the results.

15. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Thanks for the correction Jeff! I will go back and fix it! It's amazing how these things look right at 1:00am and so wrong after some sleep!

Jeff, I take it you are picking up the Sith thread. Yea! Great beginning! I was trying to figure out a political thread as well, but you came up with a much better idea than I did! Cool!

[This message has been edited by Nanai Akira (edited 08-20-1999).]

16. Old Juan

Apr 1, 1999
    Obi-Wan was in a calm state of subconciousness. Letting the force flow through him like a river. Searching for answers he might never find. Nothing happens by accident. It was a lesson learned from Qui-Gon Jinn, his later master. Last nights revelation only added to his burning desire. He was on Tatooine. That much was certin. But why? There was a reason for his resurrection and the answer eluded him. It taunted and teased at his soul. Just out of his reach..Obi-Wan opened his eyes. He knew he wasn't doing himself any good. Until the force was ready to reveal, he was blind to the truth. He would wait. Obi-Wan had come to the conclusion that it may be a good thing. He wanted more time to explore his surroundings. He had a strange prenotion that once the truth was his, he would have no more free time. Better use this time well, who knows when the truth will come he thought to himself. From where he sat, Obi-Wan could see a brownish..almost sandy tones in the shape of a sliver through the venerable wall of lush green thickets. Curious..he thought. He approached the area with caution. Not sure about the environment outside the paradistic realm he was obsorbed in. Slowy he spread the vines apart ever so carefully. Here was the Tatooine he knew. The never ending ocean of sand and dirt, rolling dunes and hills, the herds of Dewbacks slowing marching on. It was clear to him now that he was in an oasis. Without the power of two suns the planet was now able to retain more moisture then before. Obi-Wan kneeled down and tightly grabbed the grains of sand, rotating firmly throughout his hand, and then gently letting it descend through the crevases between his fingers. The sand wasn't as dry as it once had been. He thought about it for a little while and could only come up with a question..When was he? Hence another question to leave to the force. As he peered east he could faintly make out the outcroppings of structures. It had to be either Mos Eisley or Mos Espa. Maybe he could find some answers there. Obi-Wan looked back to the paradise he was leaving for the hell he was entering and wondered if he really wanted to leave. He finally decided he couldn't stay there forever. He would have to leave eventually, it was probably best he leave now before getting too accustomed to the georgeous view. Obi-Wan entered the unforgiving desert. He pulled his hood over his head to shield himself from the unrelenting heat. Even though there was only one active sun, the heat was still intense.

Obi-Wan entered the city limits. It was Mos Eisley or at least what remained of it. The structural layout of the the area provided information needed to make the call. The place hadn't improved much since he was last here. The more things change, the more they stay the same, Obi-Wan thought. He proceeded down the curvy enclosed roadway. Housing and shops to his left and right, barters and trader's thrifty lots built off to the sides. The street was bustling with activity. Groups of people socialized, children played, and business boomed. The city had more energy then he remembered. To his left he saw the Mos Eisley Cantina, the tussels he had there..brought a smile to his face. He entered the aged saloon with a wide grin on his face. Tables still rested in the same places and withstood many years of abuse. Overall Obi-Wan was amazed how the planet faired. He knew he was in the future, how distant or great was yet to be known but it seemed that the sands of time..hower long or short were kind on his onetime home. He approached the bar with a air of confidence. Obi-Wan Kenobi's stride and appearance commanded respect and awe from every one around..almost.

"I'll take one of those" Obi-Wan spoke to the bartender as he pointed to his selection on the menue that hung above the barkeep.

He slowly took a sip. A sour taste downed his taste buds in agony. The drink wasn't to his liking. Not wanting to draw attention to himself he nursed the drink while he engrossed himself in his thoughts. He replayed through his mind his life in it's enti

17. JadeSkywalker

Mar 15, 1999
    "You'd think Master Skywalker could have had the good grace to be born someplace a little more....civilized," Larisa Kendalion groused as she sat down in the tent that served as the dig site's mess hall. Across the long table from her, fellow Jedi Varian Deszo looked scandalized. Any comment that disparaged the legendary Jedi Luke Skywalker was sacrilegious to her. Andiell NiMalle stifled a sigh as she took her place next to Larisa. She was forever playing mediator between those two; Varian was an avid scholar of the legends surrounding the first, and many said greatest, Jedi Knight. Larisa, on the other hand, hadn't even wanted to be part of the expedition to Tatooine. Her former Master had recommended her to be part of the detachment of Jedi that accompanied an archaeological crew to Tatooine to search for traces of Luke Skywalker's existence. Larisa hadn't realized when she agreed to go that it would mean spending months exploring the ruins of a great citadel in the middle of a desert. She was used to the temperate forests of Yavin IV and the climate here was hard on the willowy Jedi's system.

Andiell took a spoonful of the tasteless porridge the Twi'lek chef had prepared this morning, trying to think of a tactful way to forestall any comments from Varian. She was too late. "This dig could be the most significant find in the history of the Jedi," she argued. "Don't you want to learn the truth about our heritage?"

"Not if it means crawling around in that ruined castle another day," Larisa retorted, flinging her long auburn hair over one shoulder. "Ugh. The place reeks of decay. I don't see how you can stand it."

"I agree with Larisa," Andiell said. "Whatever that place was, it was never home to Luke Skywalker. There's too much of a darkness to it." She shuddered, remembering the huge skeleton of some monstrous carnivore they'd found the day before. The whole area around it stank of death and terror. Andiell wasn't anxious to go back there again. She had the sense they were wasting their time. There was something else, something far more important happening somewhere close by? something she had no intention of missing out on. Andiell had been drawn to the project on Tatooine for a reason she couldn't define, and she had assumed that reason could be found among the ruins. Yet ever since she'd arrived, she'd felt that the dig was merely a distraction from what she was meant to find. Lately, a strange restlessness had plagued her, growing stronger day by day. Andiell knew she had to leave the dig and soon, but she had no idea where she was meant to go from there.

Varian pushed away her breakfast dishes. "Well, I intend to carry on my work, but you two are certainly free to stay here if you want," she said. "Or maybe you want to join some of the crew on their day off. I hear they're taking a couple of speeders to one of the oases out past Mos Eisley."

"Yes!" Andiell exclaimed, startling Larisa and several others who sat nearby."yes, I think I will," she said more quietly, but she knew that this was it; this was the opportunity she'd been waiting for.

[This message has been edited by JadeSkywalker (edited 08-21-1999).]

[This message has been edited by JadeSkywalker (edited 10-30-1999).]

18. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    Duressk Bor'lya collapsed back into his chair and let out a long sigh. He was certainly pleased by the results of the Senate vote, but he had been feeling very stressed lately. After relaxing for a moment, he pulled out his desktop computer, punched in a code, and accessed his credit records. To his surprise, there had been no new transfers to his account. Why that double-crossing . . .

Suddenly, a figure stepped forward from the shadows of Bor'lya's office. The Chancellor had not even noticed him before. He was of medium-height, well-built, and wore a black cloak that concealed his face. "Who . . . who are you?" asked Bor'lya nervously.

"That is none of your business," said the dark figure in a deep, menacing voice. "I was sent to deliver a message. You did well in the Senate tonight. However--"

"So it's you!" interrupted Bor'lya. "Why haven't I received my next payment?" he demanded angrily.

"If you'll be quiet, I was just getting to that. There will be no more payments. My Master has decided that they are no longer necessary. If you continue to do as he says, then he assures you that Bothawui will remain safe, and no word of our little deal will get out. If, however, you--"

"You can't do this to me!" spat out Bor'lya. "I'm the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, and--"

"So you feel you're being treated unfairly?" said the dark man, his voice as cold as a night on Hoth.

"Ah, no," replied Bor'lya. "I will, ah, be glad to follow your . . . master's orders. It's . . . been a pleasure."

"Excellent." With that, the cloaked figure turned and strode from the room.

Keiran Foranoll, Jedi liaison to the Senate, quickly walked through the halls of the Senate office buildings. He had sensed a disturbance in the Force, one like all the Jedi had been sensing these past few years, but this time it seemed to be nearby. Keiran walked by two blaster-wielding guards and turned a corner. As he did so, he saw something that looked very out-of-place. At the other end of the hall was a black-cloaked figure, and the two guards looking straight at the figure seemed unaware of its presence!

Keiran increased his pace, pointed a finger at the dark figure, and yelled "Guards!" This snapped the guards out of their stupor, and they raised blasters at the intruder. But before they could fire, the figure pulled out a cylindrical object and turned it on, causing a red beam of light to emerge. The guards fired stun beams, but the figure moved his weapon so the beam intercepted and deflected the shots. Then he rapidly cut both guards to pieces.

Suddenly, recognition clicked in Keiran's mind. The weapon was a lightsaber! It was an ancient Jedi weapon which had gone out of use in the past couple centuries, and Keiran wondered how this strange man had come about one. But there was no time to ponder that now. Keiran raced down the hall, and the dark figure ran away from him and around a corner. As Keiran reached the corner, a crimson beam swung at him, and he quickly back-flipped away. He escaped the assault unharmed, but just barely. The lightsaber's beam had singed his robes.

Keiran nervously backed away, searching for something that might be effective against his assailant. He reached into the other's mind with the Force, but the dark warrior easily resisted. Then two more guards appeared in the corridor behind the black-cloaked man. He turned to face them, easily deflecting their stun beams. Keiran knew this might be his best opportunity, and he quickly grabbed it. He concentrated on a sculpture that stood on a table decorating the hallway. It quickly flew into the air and toward his target's head. The warrior sensed it, but was not quite quick enough. It grazed the side of his head, and he tumbled down to the floor. Before he could recover, Keiran used the Force to pull away the lightsaber. The Jedi pointed it down at the dark warrior, then quickly turned it off and smashed the cylinder into the other's forehead. The mysterious intruder was knocked unconscious.

"Guards!" The tw

19. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    The Dark Lord of the Sith sat silently in his meditation chamber, thinking about everything that had happened in this eventuous day. The new Senate budget would help his plans greatly. However, the later events at the Senate were most unfortunate. Darth Sabre was the weakest of his apprentices, but the mere fact that the Jedi now had some hard information to go on was a blow to his plans. The Dark Lord stretched out with the Force and made contact with his young apprentice. He gave Sabre his simple orders, then quickly broke contact.

One other thing had taken place that day, far from the galaxy's center, but it could be the most important of all. There was a new disturbance in the Force, one unlike anything he had felt before. He would have to do something about it.

As the Dark Lord left his meditation chambers, he sent a mental signal to someone he knew was nearby. Then he strode over to a transparisteel viewport. As he looked out the window, he smiled. A fleet of Dominion-class warships hung in space, each five-kilometer long vessel bristling with sensors and weapon emplacements. Soon the fleet would be ready. He looked past the fleet to the stars, the stars that would soon be his. . . .

"You called me, Master?" The Dark Lord turned to see a young woman standing before him. She had long, jet-black hair and was dressed all in black.

"Yes, Lady Mala," he said. "I have a mission for you."

"Ah." She grinned maliciously. "Is it time to move against the Jedi?"

"Patience, my young apprentice," he said reprovingly. "The Republic is growing weak, and soon it will be time to strike. But not yet. . . ." In fact, the need for caution in their moves against the Republic had been increased by Sabre's capture at the Senate. But he could not tell her this, for he felt it to be safer for his apprentices to be unaware of each others' existence. "I have sensed a great disturbance in the Force," he continued. "I need you to go to the planet Tatooine to investigate."

"As you wish, Lord Spectre." Darth Mala bowed, turned, and left, leaving Darth Spectre to think about his upcoming conquest of the galaxy.

Keiran Foranoll looked on as a guard keyed in the combination to open the cell's door. Inside was the dark warrior Keiran had fought earlier. Now it was time for an interrogation. The door swung open, and Keiran instantly knew something was wrong. The guard turned to the Jedi and said, "He appears to be unconscious, Sir."

"No," replied Keiran. "He's dead."

20. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    As evening drew closer and the outside temperature started to fall, Obi-Wan decided to take a walk around his old home and see how much of the landscape had changed. He started out toward a bluff that would give him a good view of the surrounding land. As he walked, he considered his position.

Five hundred years. From the conversations that he had in town with the villagers, he was able to put together that it had been just over 500 years since he last walked these sands of Tatooine. Obi-Wan looked around in amazement at how little had changed. Much of the topography of the planet was the same. The dunes had drifted and changed shape with the wind, but most of the major landmarks still remained. The citizens of Mos Eisley were all new to Obi-Wan, but he smiled at the thought that they had not changed much either. This was still a backwater dead end world. Life had continued without ever developing much beyond what he remembered.

Slowly, Obi-Wan realized that he was heading in the wrong direction. He had wanted to go to the bluffs to get up above the surrounding sands. But now he realized that he was not walking in the right direction. Obi-Wan stopped and looked around, puzzled. Could he be that distracted? He looked ahead in the direction he had been walking. Why am I going this way? Realization washed over him, he was headed toward the oasis where he first awoke. Obi-Wan chuckled to himself. If the Force wanted him at the oasis, then that is where he would go.

Judu Kah settled in the seat of the shuttle and reached for the communication array. She had twice tried to contact the archeological team on Tatooine and had experienced only static and dropped connections. Now that the shuttle was only another few hours away, she hoped that the transmission would be improved.

?This is Master Judu Kah, I am trying to reach the Jedi archeological team on Tatooine, can you hear me??

Judu was answered only with a hiss from the speakers. She frowned. She was beginning to worry that perhaps the event she had sensed earlier had proved harmful to the team on Jedi on the planet. It did not seem that way, but then why could she not contact anyone from the team.

Suddenly, the speaker crackled to life. ?This is Jedi Varian Deszo from the archeological team. We are having some trouble receiving your transmission, please boost your signal.?

Judu breathed deep in relief and adjusted the controls to boost the signal as much as possible. ?Varian, this is Master Judu. I am en route to Tatooine now, I should arrive within two to three hours. What is the status of your team??

As Varian answered, Judu could hear his confusion. ?The team is fine, we are not having any problems.?

?You did not feel any . . . disturbance in the Force some hours ago??

There was a pause on the other end. He must be checking with the others if they felt anything. ?No, no one here felt anything.? Varian confirmed. ?Is there something we should watch for?? He was growing concerned now.

?No, nothing in particular, I will be there soon. Maybe then we can track down what I felt earlier. Master Judu out.? She broke the connection and leaned back in her chair. I have a bad feeling about this.

Obi-Wan arrived at the oasis and looked around. Nothing had changed. He sat in the same spot he sat earlier and closed his eyes. As the sun drew closer to the horizon, Obi-Wan could feel himself opening to the Force, quietly asking for guidance.

Again, there was nothing, no direction, no leading, no thought of what to do next. Obi-Wan was growing frustrated with this situation. Surely he was not brought back to life just to wander the sand dunes of this pitiful excuse for a planet!

?You must have patience, Obi-Wan, all will be revealed in time.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes flew open at the voice. There, standing before him, was a spirit vision of a Jedi. Obi-Wan?s heart sank briefly and he looked at the Jedi before him. He was expecting his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, or perhaps Yoda or even Anakin. Instead, there was

21. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    The door opened, and Kalri Darnol charged the black-faced Twi'lek on the other side. Kalri swung his right arm toward the Twi'lek, but his target easily sidestepped and swung Kalri to the ground. Before Kalri could recover, a bolt of energy surged through his body, and he screamed out in pain.

"Get up," ordered a guard wearing black body armor. The guard pointed a blaster at Kalri, and he realized that he did not have much choice in the matter. He slowly struggled to his feet, then shuffled down the corridor along with many other humans and aliens.

Soon they came to a large room, where the black Twi'lek stood next to a tall, thin man with ghostly-white skin and dark robes. "Halt," ordered a guard. Kalri did so; he was too weak to resist anyway. Once all the room's occupants were still, the tall man raised his hands, and then everything went black.

He awoke. Who am I? He looked around the room he was in to see many other confused-looking beings. How did I get here? Then he saw a tall man wearing dark robes at the end of the room. I must serve him.

22. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    Keiran walked down the shuttle's ramp and into the warm, humid atmosphere of Yavin IV. Glancing around, he saw thick jungle vegetation on all sides. All sides but one. In front of him stood the ancient temple that served as the Jedi Academy. One of his fellow Jedi, a female Sullustian, walked out to greet him.

"I must see the Masters immediately," said Keiran.

"Very well," replied the mouse-like alien. "Master Nonen is currently available."

Keiran smiled. Sai-Ten Nonen had instructed Keiran in the ways of the Force when he had been a Jedi apprentice. He wondered what his old Master what think of his recent discovery.

". . . . and when I went to his cell, he was dead. Apparently he had managed to stop breathing. After that I immediately came here."

"Interesting," Sai-Ten Nonen stroked his graying beard in concentration. "So, Keiran, what do you believe should be done about this?"

Keiran had already prepared an answer for the question he knew would be coming. "I believe that there is someone else behind these disturbances. We should seek him out before more damage is done. After my experience with this warrior, I think I would be a good choice to be part of any such mission."

Sai-Ten frowned and said, "You still must learn patience, Keiran. You crave adventure, I can tell. This is not a good trait for a Jedi. It reminds me of . . ." The Jedi Master's voice trailed off.

"Of what?"

"Of my first apprentice."

Keiran could tell that there were some painful memories there for Sai-Ten, but his curiousity overcame his inhibitions. "What happened?"

"Well. . . ." With some hesitation, Sai-Ten told the story. "We were out on his first real mission, pursuing a major crime lord. We had traced him to Coruscant and were chasing him among the planet's tall buildings. My apprentice recklessly ran ahead, was caught in a trap, and fell to his death."

"Oh, I'm . . . I'm sorry," said Keiran. He briefly wondered why he had never heard this before, but he didn't think it was something his Master would want to bring up in conversation.

"Now then," said Sai-Ten. "Let me have a look at that lightsaber."

Keiran handed the ancient weapon to the old Jedi, and Sai-Ten switched it on. A crimson beam appeared, and he swung it around a few times before de-activating it. Then he took out a tool and began to began to pry open the saber to take a look at the inside. "Ow!" Sai-Ten suddenly exclaimed, dropping the saber to the floor.

After making sure the Jedi Master was all right, Keiran carefully picked up the cylindrical weapon and examined it. The insides had melted.

23. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Jade, I'm waiting for your post, did you receive our e-mails?

24. JadeSkywalker

Mar 15, 1999
    The oasis was stunning, full of lush vegetation with a crystal clear stream running through it. It was several degrees cooler there than in the surronding desert, and the crew excited clambered out of the speeders as soon as they arrived. Even Larisa seemed to cheer up. So why, Andiell wondered, did she feel even more restless now than she had at the dig site? She followed behind the other Jedi, carrying a basket of food that they'd purchased in Mos Eisley. Andiell set it down next to a fallen log and watched as the others set up a net stretched between two poles. One of the crew members, a female Sullustan, produced a ball.
    Andiell felt a tug at her robes. It was Larisa. "Come on," she said, "You're not just going to sit and watch are you? This was your idea, after all!"

"I don't know how to play," Andiell protested. But Larisa wasn't interested in excuses. She dragged Andiell with her to the makeshift ball court. As Andiell had predicted, she wasn't a very good player. She'd never been good at team sports and with her mind as distracted as it was, she missed even the easy shots. The Sullustan lobbed the ball at Andiell, who completely failed to catch it. The ball went wild, crashing into the underbrush. "I'm sorry," Andiell said sheepishly to the other players. "I'll get it."

She pushed her way through the growth, hoping that it had landed somewhere nearby, but she found no trace of the ball. Suddenly, she heard voices coming from up ahead. Despite the warmth of the late afternoon sun, Andiell felt a shiver run down her spine. She crept forward carefully and peered through the fronds of a large plant. She had to stifle a gasp at what she saw. Two men dressed in Jedi robes was in the clearing-- one encased in a glowing blue aura. Andiell felt as if she knew both of them somehow, though that was impossible. This was the reason she had come to the oasis, Andiell knew. She leaned forward to try to hear what they were saying.

25. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Luke glanced across at Obi-Wan. He's so young! Luke had never seen Obi-Wan at this age, and he had to admit he had never considered that Obi-Wan had been young at one time. Now, here was this vibrant, intense young man sitting in front of him. Once again, Obi-Wan was their only hope. "Obi-Wan, I think you realize how much time has passed since you were last alive, but I know you cannot understand how much has changed.

"The Jedi of today are very different then in your time, very different from my time. They are still master negotiators and have a very deep connection to the Force. But they have taken the maxim of using the Force only for knowledge and defense to the extreme. They are pacifists, without knowledge or training to use the Force in combat. This philosophy has served them well in the last few hundred years, there has been little conflict in the galaxy. But now a new danger looms. The Sith have returned."

Luke watched as Obi-Wan processed this information. Obi-Wan's eyes had grown wide at the mention of the Sith. Luke could feel the emotions, both good and bad, conflicting within Obi-Wan. His teacher had lost so much to the Sith, as had the rest of the galaxy. Obi-Wan was controlling his anger well, he nodded to Luke. "Then I am here to kill the Sith Master."

Luke considered Obi-Wan for a moment. If only it could be that simple, that easy. "Obi-Wan, the Sith have changed as well. No longer do they limit themselves to only a Master and an apprentice. There are many Sith now, and they are biding their time, waiting for the opportunity to wipe out the Jedi." Luke watched the shock spread across his teacher's face. "You are here, Obi-Wan, to fight, but also to teach the Jedi to fight. Only together will you be able to face this menace."

Andiell pulled stood up straighter in the brush she was standing in. She could not believe what she was hearing! Who were these men? She watched as the younger man put his elbows on his knees and rested his chin on his hands. He looked down at the ground deep in thought. The spirit figure turned his head and looked directly at Andiell. She was frozen in his stare. What would he do to her? But then the man just smiled warmly at her, nodding slightly in greeting.

Andiell heard someone approaching her from behind. She turned to see Larisa walking up to her, reaching for the ball. Andiell was in such shock, she could say nothing. Larisa grabbed the ball out of Andiell's hands and started back toward the others, muttering behind her. "I really wonder about you sometimes, Andi?"

Still stunned speechless, Andiell turned back to the clearing with the two Jedis. The spirit was no longer looking at her. He was looking into the face of the young man.

to be continued this eve...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.