main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Sands of Time: 500 Years after Return of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Old Juan, Aug 16, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanai Akira

Nanai Akira Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 1999
    While Varian and Judu were speaking quietly in the cockpit of the freighter, Obi-Wan slipped out of the room and down the hall toward the crew quarters. This freighter had been meant to haul artifacts uncovered from the excavation on Tattooine back to Yavin IV. Now, the freighter was headed to Yavin, but with a different cargo.

Obi-Wan arrived at the quarters and the door swooshed open. The light was dim but he did not adjust them to be brighter. He walked into the room and sat on a chair near the room's only occupant. Obi-Wan watched the sleeping woman, his face full of concern. Andiell was healing well, better than any of the doctors expected, but Obi-Wan was still concerned. Why, He asked himself. He was confident that Anidell would pull through this injury, although he knew it would take time.

Obi-Wan closed his eyes and opened to the Force, reaching out to the injured woman, feeling her presence in the Force. The corners of his mouth turned up as he remembered this sensation from before. Each person had a distinct "signature" in the Force. Sometimes it was difficult to pick one signature out and know who the person was, but there was no mistaking here. This was the same signature he had felt before in the Skywalker line. But Andiell seemed to not be aware of her ancestry.

The Skywalker line. Why do I keep getting drawn into their lives? There seems to be something I have to teach to them. Obi-Wan smiled to himself. He was happy to be a part of the Force's will. Who was it that said that when the student is ready to learn, the teacher will appear? He would teach Andiell, but first there was something he needed to tell her.

2. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Obi-Wan opened his eyes to find Andiell staring at him. ?I hope I did not wake you.? He said softly. ?How do you feel??

Andiell smiled sleepily. ?Much better, thanks to you. I have never been able to use the healing trace on myself before.? She was embarrassed to admit this, but it was true.

Obi-Wan frowned at the woman. ?Andiell, you seem surprised that you have ability in the Force. I spoke to Master Judu earlier, she said that you have always been very timid in your use of the Force. You have great latent ability, yet you choose not to access it. Why??

Andiell was not expecting this kind of confrontation with her worst fears and anxieties. She knew she had always been something of a disappointment to the Masters at the Temple. They all knew of her strong presence in the Force. And Andiell did have some ability to use it, but she knew she was not living up to her potential. She suddenly found herself desperately trying to hold back tears. ?I try Obi-Wan, I really do, but I am just not as strong as people think I am.?

Looking at the sadness and frustration in her eyes, Obi-Wan wondered if this was the right time to bring this up. But she must know who she is. Maybe the knowledge will give her strength. He reached over and took Andiell?s hand in his own. ?Andiell, do you remember what I was thinking when I put you into the healing trance??

?You were surprised at how strong I was.?

Obi-Wan nodded in encouragement. ?Yes, and what else??

Andiell shook her head as tears started to well up in her eyes again. ?But Obi-Wan, you are wrong, I am not strong! The Force ? it slips away from me when I try to use it. Everyone else at the Temple is stronger than I am! Sometimes I wonder why they even allow me to be there!?

?Andiell, listen to me. I touched your mind when I put you into the trance. I saw for myself. The Force is strong in you. Now listen, before you turn away.? His other hand reached out for her chin. She was trying to not even look at him in her frustration and embarrassment. ?Now listen, what else was I thinking??

Andiell closed her eyes and tried to think back. She had been so close to unconsciousness at that point. But she did remember an image of a young man. And the words, what did Obi-Wan say? ?You were not surprised at my strength, considering my lineage.? She opened her eyes to look at Obi-Wan quizzically. ?But what lineage do you mean??

?You know, Andiell. Search yourself, you know the answer.?

Obi-Wan watched the woman?s eyes flit back and forth as she searched her mind for clues and found nothing. She started to shake her head that she did not know what he meant, then she stopped. He could see the realization dawn on her that the answers were to be found in the Force. He felt her presence in the Force grow stronger as she tapped into its power. Slowly, the insight began to build within her. In shock, she turned to Obi-Wan, looking into his eyes, seeking conformation. He smiled at her and nodded.

?I am a daughter of the Skywalker line??

3. Dark Lord Fred-Thycow

Dark Lord Fred-Thycow Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 1999
  4. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Up to the top! Well, I don't want to post again and not let anyone else have their say. Is everyone on vacation this weekend?

5. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    <I started school last week, and I have been busy lately. I have some posts in mind, but I haven't found time to write them yet. I'll probably get one up by tomorrow.>

6. JadeSkywalker

JadeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 1999
    ( Sorry it took so long to post this. We had company this weekend, and I figured it would be rude to be online while they were here! )
    Andiell laughed bitterly. "Then Master Skywalker must be very disappointed, to see his line come to this." She thought of the times that she had tried but failed to use the Force with the same ease as the other Jedi. Andiell had always felt that something was lacking in her life, but no matter how hard she worked to find that missing piece, it remained just out of her reach.

"On the contrary," Obi-Wan told her. "I'm sure he's very proud of you. You remind me of Luke when I first met him. He had potential that he was unaware of , as do you."

Andiell smiled. "You're very kind to say that, Obi-Wan."

She was as stubborn as her ultimate grandfather, as well, Obi-Wan thought. Belief, and lack of belief, could be insurmountable barriers. As long as Andiell believed that she was weak, she would be. But how to prove to her that she had the inner strength she needed? "Come," he said extending a hand to her, and pulling her to her feet. "I want you to try something. I don't suppose there's such a thing as a training remote anymore?"

Andiell frowned. "Training...?"

"No, of course not," Obi-Wan sighed. No need for them, since Jedi didn't use lightsabers now. "Never mind, we'll improvise." He looked around the cabin for a suitable replacements for the remote and the blast helmet that he'd first use to train Luke. He came up with a small dish and a length of bandage. Obi-Wan tossed the dish up into the air and levitated it. Next, he unclipped the lightsaber from his belt and handed it to Andiell. Her eyes widened. "Oh, I can't..." she started to protest. "Yes, you can," Obi-Wan cut her off. "This lightsaber is a tool, nothing more. It can be used for good, for the defense of the innocent, or for evil. I trust you to use it only for good and only when necessary. But you must learn to use it if we are to defeat the Sith." Andiell took the lightsaber from him, though reluctantly. She turned it over in her hands, examining it carefully. "Press that button," Obi-Wan instructed her. She did so, gasping as the green blade sprang forth.

Andiell swung the lightsaber in a few wide arcs, trying to get the feel of it. She looked very much the way Luke had when he first tried his father's lightsaber. An expression of wonder slowly spread across her face. "This feels...I don't know...right, somehow," Andiell said.

"Good," Obi-Wan said. "It should feel natural, like an extension of yourself. Now, I want you to try to use the lightsaber to strike the bowl." Andiell frowned again, shaking her head. Obi-Wan cut her protests off before they even began. "It's a bowl," he explained patiently. "And there is nothing evil about hitting a bowl. Remember, it is a tool, and good and evil depends on how you use it." She still seemed unconvinced, but bit her lip and took a tenative swipe at the dish that hovered in front of her. Obi-Wan used the Force to move it out of her range. She gave him a pleading glance, but he motioned for her to try again. She took a few more swings, and put down the blade. "Obi-Wan...."

"You doubt this excercise has anything to do with using the Force, don't you? Would you be surprised to learn that this was the first thing I taught Luke Skywalker?" He stepped over to Andiell, wound the bandage over her eyes, and told her, as he had said to Luke so many years before. "Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them." She hesitated a moment before activating the saber again. She tracked the dish as he moved it from side to side, swinging but just missing it twice. On her third try, the blade connected solidly with the bowl, and it fell clattering to the floor. Andiell tore the bandage off of her eyes. "I did it!" she exclaimed.

"Yes," came a cold voice from the doorway. They turned to see Judu Kah standing there. Her eyes were fixed on Obi-Wan. "But what have you done?"

7. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    Tae Sorian smiled as the mottled sky of hyperspace shifted to starlines, then to a familiar normal space view. The planet Coruscant was directly in front of him. He calmly maneuvered his modified YT-4200 freighter toward the building-covered planet, feeling pleased with himself. He had just completed another successful run, and he was a good 20,000 credits richer for it.

Coruscant grew at a steady rate from Tae's point of view. But suddenly, unexpectedly, it stopped. An alarm sounded in the cockpit, and Tae quickly checked his sensors. They showed that his freighter was caught in a tractor beam. But no other ship was nearby! He pushed his throttle to full and slammed the control stick down, trying desperately to escape the unseen force that was drawing him in. But it was no use. His ship continued to drift backwards, and Coruscant began to shrink depressingly.

For the first time in a long while, Tae was scared. And the fact that he had no idea how this was happening made his fear all the worse. All he could think to do was to keep up his evasion efforts, but this proved pointless. All right, settle down, he finally told himself. The most important thing to do is to get out of this alive.

He ran over his options in his mind. Unfortunately, he did not have too many. Finally, his fingers shaking, he pressed a few buttons on the ship's control panel. Then he ran out of the cockpit and to an escape pod. His thoughts turned to the credits in his cargo hold, but he decided not to risk getting them. He had no idea how much time he had. And besides, he had already invested far more than that 20,000 in this ship.

The escape pod's hatch closed, and Tae pressed a button to release it into space. He watched out the viewport as his ship continued to drift toward its unseen and unkown captor. But whoever was tractoring the YT-4200 would never lay hands on it. Less than ten seconds after Tae left his ship, it exploded.

8. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Obi-Wan returned a dry smile to Judu. The Jedi Master entered the room. Her penetrating gaze never left his form. She approached Andiell with looks of both concern and disappointment. She reached for cylandrical objected that rested in Andiell's hand. Just before she could capture the weapon, it flew from Andiell's hand and back to it's owner.

"This belongs to me, thank you very much" Obi-Wan replied coldly as he icy blue eyes met those of the other Master. She fixed her gaze back apon him. He could feel her anger swelling. She was on the verg of erupting.

"You must remain calm. I am of no threat to you or the Jedi" Obi-Wan gestured warmly. But was cut off sharply..

"On the contrary, you are a threat. You come here to poison our lives, our very way of living with your twisted teachings" Judu agrued.

"Master Judu! Please! You must believe him. He..." Andiell's pleads were fended off..

"Who are you say anything anymore!? You have already been corrupted by his wizard ways. You took pleasure in the destruction of a mere bowl" Judu finished. The Jedi Master's cruel words had taken Obi-Wan by surprise. After all he had been through he thought it would a long time before it ever happened again. He had to come to Andiell's defence. Master Judu Kah's words had put the young Jedi hopeful in tears. She was starting to believe in the other one's words. Obi-Wan had to assure she would be with him.

"Just hold on a minute. You have no right to speak to her in that fashion. For someone who claims to be the epitome of peace and justice your anger and hostility at someone lower then you shones like a beacon. You dare call yourself a master! I assure you she took no pleasure in the destruction of the bowl, but in the light of been able to harness her gift" Obi-Wan venomently countered. The tenacity of Obi-Wan's words took Judu at a equal surprise. After a few moments she came to the realization that he was right. A look a shame washed over her face. How could she call herself a Jedi Master when she had acted in such a fashion. It was not the way she had been brought up. She kneeled down and held Andiell tightly in her arms.

"I'm so sorry Andiell. I didn't mean it. I lost control. Please forgive me" Judu pleaded with the young woman as she held her tightly.

Obi-Wan peered down at the two women. He had managed to break some barrier between himself and Judu Kah. He wasn't sure if it would be enough..

9. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    To infinity...and beyond!

Or at least to the top.

10. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    "Master Kah, may I speak to you in private, please?" Obi-Wan asked after the moment of apology had passed. She looked at him warily.

"I'm not so sure I should..."

"I simply want to convince you that the old Jedi were justified in their ways," he soothed.

Judu Kah eyed him. "Whatever you wish to say, you can say to the both of us." She glanced over at Andiell, as if to ask her approval of the opinion. She nodded.

"All right. Let me put it this way: would you consider Luke Skywalker a brute?"

Both of their facial expressions answered for him. "I thought not. You must remember, he killed. He killed many people. He probably shot down a score or more of Imperial pilots, used a blaster on many stormtroopers, and killed with his lightsaber. He also delivered the deathblow to the first Death Star. There must have been a million people aboard that space station.

They did not seem to believe him, but he pressed on. "But he did it so that still more could live. He did not take death lightly, and after becoming a Jedi killed only as a last resort."

Andiell seemed to be swayed by Ben's words, but Judu apparently was having a much tougher time digesting the information. "That's probably just nothing more than a war story, blown completely out of--"

"You believe in becoming one with the Force?" he asked.

"Of course," she snapped. That question was something one asked a ten-year-old trainee.

"All right. Would it surprise you to believe, then, that I came to Luke through the Force after my death? That I saw him barreling down the Death Star trench, followed closely by Darth Vader? That I whispered words of advice into his head that allowed him to fire that legendary shot?" She arched an eyebrow.

"I'm still having trouble believing you're Obi-Wan Kenboi."

He shrugged. "That is not what I asked. Suspend your disbelief, and answer what I did ask: Would it surprise you to learn I did all I described?"

A pause. "No."

"Then you accept the possibility that Luke Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, your most revered historical figure, killed."

She nodded, this time with less hesitation than before.

"Then why is it so awful for a Jedi to do the same, if it is justified?"

She smiled, believing he had opened himself wide for what she believed was the last word in this conversation (or at least, the last one that mattered). "But that was in a time of war. We are at peace now."

Obi-Wan's eyes narrowed. "Hardly. It was a Sith who injured Andiell, Master Kah. A Sith. They are not some phantom menace from the past; they are real. And if you--if all Jedi--do not learn how to defend themselves, they will be slaughtered and enslaved. And the rest of the galaxy will follow."

Her eyes had widened, as if to compensate for his becoming slits. "That is what the Jedi were in the Old Republic, and in the beginning of the New. The guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy. They would fight, if necessary. They would kill, if necessary." He leaned in close. "It is necessary to do so now."

How d'ya like it? Eh? Eh? And how about that "Phantom Menace" reference? Pretty slick, huh?

11. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Shadowen I like! I like! Very nice job. I am too busy with work right now to post much. I am also working on another story, I will post when I can.

12. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    <Yeah, pretty slick.

But seriously, I think you're doing a very good job and I'm glad to have you aboard.>

13. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    "Hold on a minute. What did you say happened to you?"

Tae Sorian took another swig from his drink, a Corellian brandy, before responding. "I had just entered Coruscant space. Suddenly, a tractor beam locked onto my ship, even though no other ships were nearby. I had to use the self-destruct and flee in an escape pod."

The large man sitting next to him chuckled, then said, "My friend, I think you've had a bit too much too drink." Tae glared at him, but it didn't stop the man. Instead, he stood up and announced in a loud voice, "This man right here claims that a ghost ship attacked him in Coruscant space. What do you say to that?"

Tae reached for his blaster, but when he realized that all the bars' patrons were staring at him he decided not to draw it. He merely stood up next to to the man who had insulted him. "Look, everyone, you can believe what you want, but I tell you something weird is going on around here."

This was greeted by hoots of derision, and Tae briefly flushed red. Remarks about his drinking habits were shouted from a few of the bars' occupants. "Look, people, I'm not drunk, and my story's true. In fact . . . " Tae reached for his half-empty flask, then cringed as he accidentally knocked it to the floor. The laughter's volume doubled, and Tae blushed again. "Sithspit, people, if you don't believe me it's your loss!" he shouted angrily. "You just better watch it when you're flying around here!" This did nothing to quiet the other patrons' mocking, however.

But then another voice spoke up, one unfamiliar to Tae. "There may be something behind this, you know." The laughter quieted as another man stood up. Tae turned to meet his eyes. The man was tall with blond hair and wore black leather clothing. "Kalri Darnol disappeared a few days ago, and I've heard other stories as well. Maybe we should be on the lookout for strange happenings."

For a moment, the room was almost silent. Then someone loudly exclaimed, "Invisible ships? Ha!" The mocking laughter returned, this time directed at both Tae and his lone supporter. Tae tossed a coin onto the bar, then angrily stormed out of the establishment. As he did so, the blond-haired man nodded at him. But Tae paid little attention to this. He was not in a good mood.

14. blackjedi

blackjedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 1999
    *raises hand very timidly* Could I try writing some of this?.. I promise it won't be very long.....

15. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Sure, just don't do anything too radical! (Like blowing up planets, bringing the Emperor back to life, etc.)

16. Purp

Purp Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 1999
    Well then what's the point of posting? Geez, Nanai, take all the fun out of it.

17. blackjedi

blackjedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 1999
    Thanks guys.. I'll try to do my best.. *deep breath, rubbing hands together* Since everyone except me seems to have great experience writing, can you guys supply some names?
    (I'll probabaly delete this tomorrow)

18. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Names? Sure!

Dufus, dork, wormie ... You did mean names to call Purp right?

Seriously, email me blackjedi and tell me what sort things you need names for, I will be happy to help! (Just click on the envelope icon at the top of my post and that will link you to my email address.)

19. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    As the ship started its descent toward Yavin IV, the Jedi aboard had agreed to leave the discussion alone for the moment. All knew that they would be facing even tougher discussions and decisions soon.

Obi-Wan had confined himself to his quarters for the rest of the flight to the Jedi Temple. Tempers had been flaring too easily lately. He needed to meditate to clear his mind and prepare himself for the trials to come. He had agreed to not teach anything more to Andiell for the time being. He knew - or at least hoped - that this would soon change when they arrived at the Temple and he was able to expain the situation to the other Jedi. Surely someone at the Temple had to understand his position. Obi-Wan knew that if he could find one ally, the others would soon follow. They must, I will not fail them. But I cannot do this alone...

Soon, Obi-Wan heard the breaking thrusters that meant they had arrived. Obi-Wan reached out through the Force. . . Tears welled in his eyes as he felt the minds of the others. There were hundreds of Jedi! How long had it been since he had felt anything like it? For so many years he wondered if the Jedi ways would die out. He regretted having to walk in and start arguing with these people - his brothers and sisters in the Force. He wanted so much to walk in to the Temple and be embraced by this community. A community that he had lost so long ago. He sighed. But that is not to be... It is no use wishing things were different. His purpose here was clear. He was here to teach, here to train. Obi-Wan Kenobi was a Jedi Knight.

He stood and instictually checked for his lightsaber at his hip. He was ready.

20. blackjedi

blackjedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 1999
    personally, i think this stinks, and if you guys don't like it and want me to delete it, I won't be offended..

Bri'jana Dais sat at the console, trying desperately to keep her thick black hair away from her eyes. She frowned in frustration and let out a deep sigh. "Emp, can you get me a reading on the leak?" There was a small rustle beside her and she turned to her crewmate in annoyance.
    Looking more like a mutated plant escaped from the ground than a sentient being, the Neironkhan looked slightly out of place against the controls of the ship. Its greenish eyes focused on hers and again she heard the small rustling sound of its leafy arms. Emp was nowhere near the name, but Bri had long ago learned it was far too hard to pronounce any name of the creatures, it was better just to use names they'd offered.
    She sighed and slammed her fist down against the console growling softly. "We need to get some repairs done on here if we're ever going to make it to Dantooine!! And being in the middle of nowhere isn't helping!!"
    "Patience." came a soft voice echoed from beside her. The Jedi Master opened his eyes and stared at her calmly. "Frustration will only prevent thinking."
    Her cargo was taking 6 Masters to the help oversee the evacuation on the east side of Dantooine. One of the more important jobs she had as a pilot for the Republic. But now more than ever she wanted to start flying again.. something didn't feel right.
    "Sithspit." she muttered softly under her breath. "Emp, can you see what the computer says about all these repairs?"
    There was the smallest tendril extended from somewhere under the leafy exterior, which very slowly slipped into the large mesh of wires and metal. The system worked just as well as with a droid, perhaps even better. A few numbers scrolled against the screen. Bri's eyes widened.
    Her ship had been sabotaged.
    The chills ran up and down her spine as she tapped in the keys. She'd learned long ago never to ignore the impulses, it kept her from ever being boarded by pirates or near danger. But no pirate would want Jedi!!
    The six Jedi Masters all raised their eyebrows in question from her emotions but said nothing. One by one they went back into meditation. There was a sudden movement from down the hall.. someone was coming.
    She ducked behind a corner and slowly pulled her flight jacket tighter, until she realized she'd left her blaster on the pilot's seat.
    The shadow came into view and Bri gasped.
    She'd only seen him once or twice on regular errands, but she could remember the name clearly. "Kalri Darnol.. what in blazes?" she hissed softly to herself.
    Kalri didn't even seem to notice her, but kept walking. He came into the small room, eyes fixed on the six Jedi. They were staring at him, or more importantly at the blaster at his hip.
    One of the Jedi fell into a limp pile against the floor. The others stared in sudden shock and confusion, unsure of what to do.
    Five more shots. No noise, no screams. The Jedi had been helpless, so well trained in the pacifist ways that they'd forgotten what it meant to defend themselves.
    Bri stared in horror but could do nothing but watch.
    Kalri slowly set his foot against the dead Jedi Master and smiled grimly. He pulled a small transmitter out of his pocket and flipped the projector on.
    A shadowed image flickered on the small machine, but there seemed no way to see the face.
    "Is it done?"
    "Yes my lord." Kalri said, staring blankly at the image. "They are dead.."
    "Good.. good!!" the shadowed figure let out a small evil laugh. "Very good. Clean up and return to the base, I'm sure you deserve a promotion."
    "Thank you lord.." Kalri smiled coldly and bowed. "I shall return shortly."
    The projector flickered off and Kalri slowly sat down near the controls. Bri settled back down in the small hiding spot and shivered.
    She closed her eyes and tried stay calm, only one thing coming to her mind. She rarely used the Force, for fear of someone finding out. She dreaded thinking of a life as a Jedi, her

21. Purp

Purp Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 1999
    If that's what you call bad, I'd be interested to see what you think of as good. Seriously, that was great, especially for a first post! My only suggestion would be to stick lines in between the paragraphs. It makes it easier to read that way.

As for the writing itself, though, great job! Everyone always thinks they stink the first time they write something. (Wonder why?) If you keep at it, it'll come more easily, and you won't worry so much about it.

22. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    First off, this story is quite interesting. Good job everyone
    I do have one question though. While we all know why Obi-Wan was chosen for this task ('cuz he's awesome ), does Obi-Wan know why he was picked for this and not Luke, Qui-Gon, or even Yoda? Does he have any doubts about himself? Not in his own abilities, but in his soul?

23. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Actually, I think this works quite well with what we have in mind for the Sith. We were talking about not having Coruscant as the capitol planet anymore, but that is something that can be edited.

I am sorry I never got back to you but I lost your email address. Please send it to me again so I can add you to the Sands Authors if you wish.

24. blackjedi

blackjedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 1999
    Thanks guys.. :) I'm glad it sounded okay.. really, I'd love to write again but I'm not THAT bold.. You guys are way better at this than I am!!

[This message has been edited by blackjedi (edited 09-19-1999).]

25. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Hey, what's with the slacking off, all you authors out there? A whole weekend has passed, and still there are no additions to the story? Get with the program, already! This thread is not allowed to be on page three!

Sorry. I get rude when I'm suffering from withdrawal. Please, somebody write something...please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.