San Fran, CA The Sarah Conner Chronicles

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthVader79, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a mid season finale/cliffhanger. Looks like they cut the season into tw parts like they have doe with BSG. New episodes return on February 13th. New year, new schedule. It will now be shown on Fridays.
  2. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I saw that. [face_laugh]

Ugh, why do they do the day switch on these shows? I hope it helps ratings rather than hurting. Is BSG supposed to be on Fridays again?
  3. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    The premier of season 4.5 is set for Jan 16, so looks like it will be on Fridays now also.
  4. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I was reading an article in the new TV Guide about TSCC, and the reviewer was wondering why the ratings have dropped since January, despite good episodes. Hopefully, this switch from Mondays to Fridays will prevent the "sci-fi FOX curse". [face_worried]
  5. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think some of the main narrative has become a little week. I also think Riley needs to die a horrible bloody death. I may be in the minority here, though.
  6. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just saw the trailer for Terminator: Salvation in the theater today. Hopefully, the film will renew interest in the show. I think I saw the girl from the show (Derek's girlfriend - forget her name) in it. Maybe its to tie in the show and the film.
  7. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    T4 trailer

I don't think the Asian chick is the one from the TV show but she could be playing the same character. Did you also notice they didn't use any types of energy weapons? Either the future changed a LOT or this is an earlier stage (2018) in the war against the machines cos they're only using good old projectile weapons. There's that other chick in it too, kinda looks like Natalie Portman.

Looks like the old T-101 that was sent back in time from the first movie is in it but not played by the Govenator. How about Optimus Prime at the end eh! hehehehe...
  8. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh no! T4 better be good. The transformer at the end of the trailer was a little over the top though.
  9. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    So when do the new episodes air?
  10. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
  11. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    I hear Summer Glau and Eliza Dushku will be hosting tonight's new episode! [face_love]
  12. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    From AICN:
    A third season of ?Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? just got a little less likely.

The series, which already plunged 43% from its season-one premiere to its season-two debut, dipped something like 27% below its previous series low, according to James Hibberd?s Live Feed over at the Hollywood Reporter.

Sigh...from the first season which was great to a convoluted and blah second season, I'm still surprised at the ratings slide of that magnitude.
  13. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh no! I still think Sarah Conner Chronicles and BSG are hands down the two best shows on TV right now. I'm sorry, Sarah Conner Chronicles isn't half as convoluted as Lost and now Heroes...

It will be sad if the show does not get to have a proper ending to conclude all of the plots it's begun.

14. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
  15. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually stopped watching Lost after the first season. Still have yet to watch any Heroes.

And I agree about BSG. Absolutely great show. And it is headed towards a definite ending, a dark one. The body count is building up.
  16. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Here is an article on the "original" Sarah Conner:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:tv.tvguide.com:20090220:1003113__ER:1

"She'll Be Back (Maybe): Linda Hamilton in Talks for Terminator Salvation
    By Joyce Eng
    Fri Feb 20, 11:13 AM PST

Will Linda Hamilton be back for the upcoming Terminator flick?

"We are talking," Hamilton told MTV. "I haven't read it yet. I don't know what direction they will go in."

But the original Sarah Connor does know in what capacity she would be used. "My contribution would be voiceover," she said. "I would probably be very happy to loan my voice, depending on what the material is. Wait and see. They're already writing it. We've been negotiating it."

Terminator Salvation, directed by McG and starring Christian Bale as John Connor, hits theaters in May and is a reboot of the cyborg franchise. Should Hamilton commit to it, it will be her first reprisal of steel-nerved Sarah since 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day. She declined a role in 2003's Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, as she felt Sarah was treated as a "disposable" character. But Hamilton notes "it would be great fun" to join Salvation, which has already been credited for staying true to the original films."

*Notice the edit I did on the original article when you click the link.[face_mischief]
  17. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    It looks like Summer Glau and Shirley Manson will both be at the panel at WonderCon on Sunday, 2-2:45 in the Eplanade Ballroom.

If only they were signing too. :( I've only been close enough to take this pic:

http://sffanforce.com/gallery/comic-con07/panel/pages/DSCN6465.htm
  18. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Any revelations for upcoming episodes from the panel yesterday?
  19. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I want my 45 minutes back after last Friday's episode.[face_frustrated] Meanwhile, the ratings paradox continues:

From SciFIPulse:http://scifipulse.net/?p=6002

Although not a ratings success with the Neilsons, which don?t take DVR or Tivo into account, it would seem that Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles and the new Joss Whedon series Dollhouse are thriving in the DVR ratings.

Added to, which the numbers for both shows on DVR have been fairly consistent. The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dollhouse has disappointed in the ratings, but the shows are racking up big gains once a full week of DVR viewership gets added into the mix, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Live+7 DVR data have revealed that the Dollhouse premiere episode?s rating increased 30 percent after post-premiere-date viewing was included.

The show?s lead-in, Terminator, gained even more: 36 percent.

The Terminator and Dollhouse gains are considered very high increases for time-shifted viewing, even for a Friday night.

This may be to little to late for Terminator, which according to Nick C over at tvbythenumbers.com has already been canceled by the Network. As to whether Fox will take note of these numbers with regard to Dollhouse remains to be seen.

The simple fact is, not many people watch their television shows during the scheduled broadcast times anymore, and instead choose to use their DVR or opt to download series via other digital means such as the very popular iTunes.

20. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Regarding Terminator Salvation, the panel made it clear that it is the beginning stages of the war so don't look for all the weapons and things that you see in the later phases.
  21. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Look for hydro-bots that kinda look like the seekers in the Matrix and robo-cycles that shoot out of the giant one's legs like little Hot Wheels that come speeding off a plastic track. Plenty of insane Road Warrior type action at one point. Explosions galore. But it's a movie about character and drama too ;).
  22. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Um, just that the producer seemed not-so-sure they would be back. He's hopeful, but sounded a little down. He said they are trying to wrap up this season's story line for the finale just in case it is a true finale... but not make it a complete series finale because they want to leave room for more seasons naturally (no official word on cancellation at this point.)

Other revelations? Just silly stuff like we will see Cameron fight with the red headed terminator chick from Garbage. It looks like there will be some good creepy episodes coming up involving the red headed little girl of the cyborg impostor (I just can't remember the characters name!) and John Henry. John Connor and Cameron may or may not get it on (it was probably just a dream, lol!).

Someone asked the chick who plays Cameron if she 'likes her character's ending in the season finale'. She said no, and hopes they will have another season so that won't have to be her ending (My guess, she gets broken or blown up or something for the usual cliff-hanger).
  23. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Didn't they blow her up in the cliffhanger last season?
  24. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, that's why I made the half hearted joke that something similar probably happens in this next season finale [face_laugh]
  25. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well they owe us at least one more death. Last weeks killing was satisfying though. She needed to die.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.