main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA The Sarah Conner Chronicles

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthVader79, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    OK, they cut the screener to make it seem much more ominous than it ended up being.

Friday's episode wasn't all bad though, I like the flash forwards to the submarine voyage... wonder what John hid in that package?

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    My guess is that's Cameron's CPU/head OR it has something to do with the time displacement tech. It's the only two things that make sense to make it enough of a priority to sneak it across the Pacific in a sub. Also I will guess that the reason why Cameron was gathering parts from other terminators was that she's creating one that will be hidden away so that present John Connor will be able to use it some how in the future. Perhaps it's the first "reprogrammed" terminator to be on the side of the resistance. At least strategically... it's what I'd do. ;)

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Ah, interesting theory! I just figured she was keeping her own repair kit... which is also a pretty valid reason for keeping the spare parts around. If we took a car back in time we'd want a parts shop to repair it.

That would be really interesting if John boxed up Cameron! If so, I wonder if that changed the time line at all or if he was always meant to do that and that's why the Aussie chick went back in time... to make sure whatever is in that box will be there :)

Dang, it's going to suck if this show gets canceled. Do people not enjoy Sci Fi drama that makes them think even a tiny bit?

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    A repair kit is one thing but didn't she keep a CPU from on of the Triple 8s they took out. If it was solely just spare parts then why keep a CPU? Recall that the CPU is a neural net processor. A learning computer. If Cameron's primary mission is to protect John Connor at all cost then she could copy paste her "memory" into that CPU which could be inserted into another Terminator OR if the current CPU is damaged (Let's say by... oh I dunno... a bomb she put into her own head) then the copy can be inserted. Thus all information from the future John Connor and all the things she picked up from the present John Conner can be preserved. Something tells me Cameron wouldn't give John Conner a button to a bomb in her head without a back up plan to resurrect herself with a clean slate. Where does Cameron go in the night? Maybe she's building another one of herself... Since that OG Trip 8 (John Henry can find his own head, and the recreate biomolecular skin from scratch and such then Cameron could do that as well).

As for Aussie chick's agenda... something tells me she know more than she's revealed concerning Cameron. She wants John to specifically distrust her perhaps cos of something that happens in the future which could also directly relate to what's in the box. Since the box was guarded by endoskeletons that implies that they've managed to reprogram several Ts maybe with a computer virus or the like. If the box does contain Cameron's CPU from the past or a "copy/paste" of it that needs to be sent back in time in the current Cameron then it would mean that John built a real close relationship with her and thus the box is priority to make things go as they should... regardless of time line Cameron has to be sent back cos... well cos it's happening now. Aussie's chick prob has a main reason for distrusting her though... maybe she kills John Conner in the future. Ah crazy time paradoxes...

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999

On a related issue...

http://43kix.com/wap/generic.php?item=1395

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    No date announced, but artwork foe second season DVD and Blu Ray are here http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/sarah-connor-chronicles.html

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Nice shots of Cameron and Sarah! =P~

Any word if Best Buy will have a metal case again?

8. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    No report on exclusives. But it's most likely that neither Sarah Connor or Dollhouse will be renewed by Fox. Official word won't come until 5/19 when Fox announces their lineup, though.

9. Raina_Kenobi

Raina_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2009
    I have really enjoyed the show and am definately a fan of all things Terminatorish. I do so hope Fox picks it up again--the way it ended last season left *way* more questions than it answered.

(P.S. Im moving to S.F. in a week and am trying to find the SF FanForce club membership sign-up thread that isn't *locked* if anyone can help me, and tyvm.^^)

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Actually all you really have to do is post Raina. :) However, there is a "New Members Check In" thread at the top of these threads that are permanently up top. Welcome to our corner of the galaxy! =D= Where are you moving from anyway?

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Hey, another Rachel in the club!

Who's down for Terminator: Salvation? Dale and I were thinking of seeing it opening night, which is a Thursday, either in the city, or in digital at Tanforan.

Anyone else?

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm down Matty, getting the discounted passes again? Snag me one then. :)

13. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    So are you guys thinking of going to a midnight show then?

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It opens on a Thursday, Rach, which is rare, but we could either see a midnight Wednesday or Thursday night.

15. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    So midnight Wednesday? I can probably do Thursday as well.

16. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    In the other thread, you had no interest in seeing this, Rob? Why the sudden change all of a sudden? :confused:

17. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Mainly because I'm off work those nights. I know I'll eventually see it, in one format or another anyway.[face_whistling] I'm not expecting much which makes it easier to enjoy. Example, I was expecting Wolverine to be really bad and was mildly entertained by a mediocre film.

Official announcement of Sarah Connor's fate will be on Monday the 19th. Variety is reporting that Dollhouse has been renewed for 13 episodes. But that news, like Sarah Connor's fate, won't be official until Monday

18. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I could probably do either, although if you do thurs night, if its anything earlier than a 9:00 show I would need to change my shift at work.

19. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    There is a 9:50 show Thursday night at Tanforan. And at Daly City 8:55 and 10:30.

20. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    R.I.P Sarah Connor: http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/fox-schedule-dollhouse-li.php

And also, Fox execs explain why Dollhouse survives and Sarah doesn't: http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/fox-execs-explain-why-the.php

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    That sucks! :mad:

22. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Agreed. However now think of the possibilities of Summer Glau being now free to be recruited as a Doll.

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah Summer as a doll totally works. Especially if she's the bad doll. ;)

Hey what happened to the Terminator Salvation thread? Are we still doing this? Matty did you snag me a tix? Thursday night?

24. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    I could either do a midnight show tomorrow at Tanforan, or a Thursday night show at 9:55 at the Century downtown. I get off work that night at 9:30.

Let's decide by tomorrow.

25. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I will be at Jillian's tomorrow night from 6:30-8:30, its a gathering for my insect job. I will have my car so just let me know if I we are doing a midnight show or if we are going thurs night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.