main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Scarlet Illyini (Post NJO AU, Authors NOte 11\12\05)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, see, Richard chose not to run when Armand did...Rich would be far happier on a farm somewhere raising 12 kids...or rescuing Alerian nobility.

Lol, a reversal of positions.

Lol, Lainey is so funny!!! Two weeks!!! Wow :)

That was great!!! Love how Lainey thinks it's a good thing :) Does Armand know, and is he part of it?

2. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    Hehe, and now Lainey finally reminds me of me! I could totally see myself scrubbing floors and things when I was nine months pregnant.

I also liked how poor Richard has to sit and look like an idiot to his father. He is being so noble to search for the Hand of the Force! ;)

I did think it was kind of odd when you had Obi-Wan Kenobi enter the conversation in the office. But when you had him talking about his own encounter with the Hand of the Force, you almost had me in tears. The discriptions of his glee were so vividly written. Good job! ;)

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Good story, milady.

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Sache8:

Forgot this one last time:

"Richard, there's a woman in a robe in my cabin," he announced, confused.

LOL!! poor little... third generation Kenobi boy.
    Quite! ;)

Old, pregant women... *snickers* She's scrubbing the floors when she's nine months gone? Is she nuts? That could be one term for it. ;)

RebelMom:

Can you send Lainey to my house? I'd love someone to clean it. Sure, she'll be right over. ;)

I think Lainey might be on to Richard, or she thinks he's loosing it. lol! Probably a little bit of both. ;)

Interesting idea that the Force works through the non-sensitives. It'll be fun getting the Jedi involved. They'd be in trouble if they were noticed though. Not too easy to keep a Jedi secret, if it were revealed that they were Jedi. I think I'm loosing it. I hope that made sense. It makes sense, thanks :) I really like working with that idea, if it isn't too obvious. ;)

Girl, you are writing too fast. Give the beta a break. Sorry, I can't help it! ;)

Myri_Antilles:

No, don't give the beta a break! hahaha :-D

It had caused quite the stir in the manor when, at 0900 hours, Princess Helaine was found deep cleaning the sitting room.

I LOVED this line! She and I would get along very well... I wouldn't be able to stand someone else cleaning my house.
    lol! I'm sure it drives her crazy, though I think people wanting me to help dress or bathe would be worse. ;)

jade51999:

Oh Ho! Lainey! LOL..that is sooo like her! lol! Quite ;)

I especiall like the part about her jumping 10 foot walls and breaking her leg...

HEH HEH HEH...
    Hehehhee she sure tried ;)

NYCitygurl:

Lol, a reversal of positions.

Lol, Lainey is so funny!!! Two weeks!!! Wow
    Not too far away alright ;)

That was great!!! Love how Lainey thinks it's a good thing Does Armand know, and is he part of it? Neither of them know ;)

padawan feline:

Hehe, and now Lainey finally reminds me of me! I could totally see myself scrubbing floors and things when I was nine months pregnant. Probably, and singing to the radio too ;)

I also liked how poor Richard has to sit and look like an idiot to his father. He is being so noble to search for the Hand of the Force! Hehehehehe tis a noble quest indeed ;)

I did think it was kind of odd when you had Obi-Wan Kenobi enter the conversation in the office. But when you had him talking about his own encounter with the Hand of the Force, you almost had me in tears. The discriptions of his glee were so vividly written. Good job! Thank you so much! THat was my favorite part, everyone else seems to miss these things somehow. ;)

DarthBoba:

Good story, milady. Why thank you, goodsir.

5. PrincessPadme

PrincessPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2001
    Thank you for a perfectly lovely happy chapter. :) I like that Lainey got the incredible urge to start cleaning, and somehow it doesn't surprise me that one of her handmaidens (Alune) just can't deal with her "odd days". :D

Richard rather looked forward to having a nephew, even though they hadn't given him the honor due him in naming the boy after him. Both of them had agreed, perhaps too quickly, that two Richards were enough.

And I think I rather agree. ;) So Lainey's due in two weeks...which prompts my next question. How long after WLWF does this story take place? I'm rather curious. :)

Richard had trouble suppressing the feeling that somehow she had figured him out, and was about to announce it to his father. Lainey looked suddenly at him, slightly raising an eyebrow before turning back to his father.

Well, if she didn't know before hand, I think she might know now... ;) Although, all things considered, I think Lainey would be a good ally to have, so I'm not too worried.

Just how many more lives would they be able to save, if they were to get Jedi in their league?

A most worthy question...so is this where Jacen comes in? ;) Thank you once again for a happy little chapter, and looking forward to more soon!

6. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    PrincessPadme:

Thank you for a perfectly lovely happy chapter. I like that Lainey got the incredible urge to start cleaning, and somehow it doesn't surprise me that one of her handmaidens (Alune) just can't deal with her "odd days". lol! Yes, she'd prefer not to have any anyway. ;)

And I think I rather agree. So Lainey's due in two weeks...which prompts my next question. How long after WLWF does this story take place? I'm rather curious. Three years after :)

Well, if she didn't know before hand, I think she might know now... Although, all things considered, I think Lainey would be a good ally to have, so I'm not too worried. Yeah, yeah, I suppose she's trustworthy. ;)

A most worthy question...so is this where Jacen comes in? Jacen, helping? ;)

Thank you once again for a happy little chapter, and looking forward to more soon! No problem thanks for reading! :)

7. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Love the sig, Luney. :D

And the story - terrific beginning. I was listening to Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" when I started it, so the mood was perfect. I enjoyed the cogitation about death and the Force, and I liked the way you structured that chapter very much. :)

The characters have a realistic feel to them - not a surprise of course. ;) Good explanation of how Naboo had remained hidden from view, too.

Great to see the story at last. :)

8. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Tahi:

Love the sig, Luney. Hehehehe thanks :)

And the story - terrific beginning. I was listening to Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" when I started it, so the mood was perfect. I enjoyed the cogitation about death and the Force, and I liked the way you structured that chapter very much. Thank you very much, I had to think over it for along time so I'm glad it worked. :)

The characters have a realistic feel to them - not a surprise of course. Good explanation of how Naboo had remained hidden from view, too. Thanks...always glad to hear my characters are realistic :)

Great to see the story at last. THanks :)

9. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    And here's half of Chapter Three :)

Chapter Three

The snow didn't lessen by nightfall in Theed. In fact, it fell even harder, making Devon Altair's landing hazardous at best. Still, he managed to get his newest Alerian refugees to his manor safely, and saw Jatee Kaegan, a Lord who refused to join even a pretend search of the hand, who instead used trade missions Armand sent him on as an excuse, off on his first solo mission. Devon and Richard usually went alternately, with Devon taking far more missions because Richard was married and had a family. Whenever he was off, Amaia Endrasuit, their first rescue, ran the manor for him and looked after the refugees. The few nights Devon spent at home, he found himself doing everything he could to be near her, and when he left, he couldn't stop thinking about her. So far, he'd only been daring enough to hold her hand and hug her, but tonight, he was hoping for a little more.

And so, after helping Amaia get the newest Alerian family settled, he took her up to the main floor, making her close her eyes as he led her into his parlor. "Devon," Amaia protested as he guided her into the room.

"There are better things I could do with my money, I know," Devon said, holding one hand over her eyes in order to shut the door behind them. "But winters in Theed are very cold, and you're going to be needing this."

"Alright," Amaia said, absently rubbing her arms at the thought of the cold. "Show me." Devon removed his hands directing her toward a long, deep blue velvet cloak hanging over a chair. Amaia's breath caught in her throat, as she gently fingered the material. "It's beautiful, I can't..."

Devon lifted it from the chair. ?Let me help you put it on," he said, gently slipping it over her shoulders.

Fingering the material again, Amaia turned around to face him, placing her hand on her hip and swinging it the side, striking a pose. "How does it look?"

He tilted his head, admiring the way the soft blue of the cloak brought out her eyes, the way the light reflected off of her golden blonde hair, and the gentle curve of her full lips. Devon reached out, gently stroking her cheek with his palm. "Is it a requirement on Aleria to be beautiful?"

Amaia blushed, moving her cheek into his touch before raising an eyebrow. "Is it a requirement on Naboo to be charming?"

"Yes," Devon answered, moving his hand into her soft hair, resting at the back of her neck. "It's a tradition dating back to the first Naberrie." Amaia moved her hand into his hair, started playing with the hair on the nape of his neck, and he took a deep breath. "Can't remember their name at the moment."

Smiling, Amaia closed the distance between them, raising up to her tiptoes to move her face close to his. "Good," she said, her lips brushing against his as she spoke.

Devon moved his arms around her waist, lifting her up against him, when a knock on the door startled them both, causing him to put her down rather ungracefully. "Come in," he said, after taking a moment to compose himself.

"Milord," Arad said as he came into the room, bowing to him. "Princess Helaine and Lady Julya are here. I have shown them into the foyer for you."

"Thank you," Devon said, somewhat confused as to their sudden visit. He took Amaia's hand. "Care to meet my cousins?"

"Sure," Amaia said, her grip on his hand somewhat tight.

By evening, Lainey's burst of energy had not abated, and so she continued cleaning even though they were at Devon?s residence. She wandered about the foyer, straightening as she went while Julie flopped onto the couch, and Solana standing guard by the door. "You're making me tired, Lainey. Are you nervous about the debate?"

"No, Armand always does very well," she sighed, fixing an arrangement of silk flowers. ?It would just be nice to be there to support him."

Julie rolled her eyes. "Menard's best argument against him is that he married a Jedi, and he doesn't dare have you near enough to control his mind. He's milking

10. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Devon moved his arms around her waist, lifting her up against him, when a knock on the door startled them both, causing him to put her down rather ungracefully. "Come in," he said, after taking a moment to compose himself.

No! Go away! :p

By evening, Lainey's burst of energy had not abated, and so she continued cleaning even though they were at Devon?s residence.

Oh, my... I must admit, though... I have felt like doing that at some houses I've been in. :p

Lainey nodded her agreement. "We'll be quiet."

Devon laughed. "I don't doubt that you are capable of that, Lainey, but Julie..."

[face_laugh]

Julie nodded, glancing down the corridor. "I think something strange is going on here, Lainey, but Force help me if I know what."

Watch out Devon... they're curious, they're determined, and they're likely to find you out! :p

Edit: First reply! :D

11. Jeanelle_Naberrie

Jeanelle_Naberrie Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2004
    Amaia blushed, moving her cheek into his touch before raising an eyebrow. "Is it a requirement on Naboo to be charming?"

"Yes," Devon answered, moving his hand into her soft hair, resting at the back of her neck. "It's a tradition dating back to the first Naberrie." Amaia moved her hand into his hair, started playing with the hair on the nape of his neck, and he took a deep breath. "Can't remember their name at the moment."

hehe I loved this.

This is such a great story. More please! :D

12. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Myri_Antilles:

No! Go away! lol! Not very nice ;)

Oh, my... I must admit, though... I have felt like doing that at some houses I've been in. lol! Yeah...this one isn't even messy, she's just being picky. ;)

Watch out Devon... they're curious, they're determined, and they're likely to find you out! So certain are you? ;)

Edit: First reply! wahoo!

Jeanelle_Naberrie:

hehe I loved this. Hehehhehe thanks :)

This is such a great story. More please! Thanks! In time ;)

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You already know my favorite parts. Lainey is so cute.

14. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Nice mushy scene! What is it people in the SW galaxy having kissy-face moments interrupted, anyways?

Nesting Jedi and a comment about the baby coming early... and they're holed up in the middle of a storm. Perfect timing.

15. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Oooh, I am so loving this. :) Finally had a chance to comment. I'm such a bad reader, I have to lurk too often. School is evil. So is majoring in Chemistry. :)

I'm glad you're writing more with these characters. I've loved them since I first found Shadows on fanfiction.net ages ago. :)

I love pregnant Lainey. She's so funny. Cleaning Devon's house. Hehe. I'm not surprised at all that a connection was made with Amaia looking like Nadia. If she's Alerian nobility then she would have the same air about her that Nadia does. And given that Lainey and Julie are Jedi... However, I am going to stop my speculations there. :)

Armand as king. That I like. A lot. He's seemed to have a more.. Air of leadership, I suppose is the way to put it. The way you had him as a supervisor at the spaceport in Shadows, I think is what has sort of given me that impression. He's not one to sit back and watch things happen. Anyway, that's just what I've surmised of him.

Okay. Back to work. Hehe. :) Evil professors assigned extra work this week since we have two days off this week for Thanksgiving. They think we need to work more rather than spend any time with family. Heh. Keep up the good work. I can't wait for the next part.

16. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    My, Julie certainly knows a lot about this nesting, doesn't she? LOL When is she going to be nesting for little Drian's, hmmn? ;)

I would have to agree with the "Go Away" sentiment. Just when we were about to get some really decent mush in this story... :p

Well, in any case it's nice to see that Devon is a very direct young man. And of course it's a requirement for the Naboo to be charming. Silly Amaia ;)

17. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Oh that's JUST what Devon, and Richard need..

Lainy and Julya involved in the Scarlet Illyni...
    OOOH and just watch the Ruckus start..

(do they think they can hide things from Jedi?)

*grin*

18. PrincessPadme

PrincessPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2001
    jess_squared: School is evil. So is majoring in Chemistry.

You're majoring in Chem too? Ah, the joys of science... :p

Now for my actually reply:

Poor Devon and Amaia...certainly Lainey and Julie could have had better timing! :p

By evening, Lainey's burst of energy had not abated, and so she continued cleaning even though they were at Devon?s residence. She wandered about the foyer, straightening as she went while Julie flopped onto the couch, and Solana standing guard by the door.

[face_laugh] She's almost like the Energizer Bunny right now--she's keeps cleaning, and cleaning, and cleaning... ;)

Lainey shook her head, wondering why everyone asked her that. Was it because, with her humongous belly, they feared she would topple over?

[face_laugh] Poor Lainey! ;)

Julie nodded, glancing down the corridor. "I think something strange is going on here, Lainey, but Force help me if I know what."

I don't know if their curiousity is going to turn out to be a good or a bad thing... Well, I enjoyed seeing more familiar faces, and I'm looking forward to the second half of chapter 3. Have a nice Thanksgiving tomorrow! :)

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was very lovely :) Nice almost-mush [face_love] Love htat Lainey wants to clean Devon's house [face_laugh]

20. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    SCHWEET! you need to continuie this scene for chapter 5! i want to know what happens! Keep up the awesome work!

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    RebelMom:

You already know my favorite parts. Lainey is so cute. Hehehehe thanks :)

Arin_Atona:

Nice mushy scene! What is it people in the SW galaxy having kissy-face moments interrupted, anyways? lol! Guess they just have bad luck ;)

Nesting Jedi and a comment about the baby coming early... and they're holed up in the middle of a storm. Perfect timing. lol! Ooh good point... ;)

jess_squared:

Oooh, I am so loving this. Finally had a chance to comment. I'm such a bad reader, I have to lurk too often. School is evil. So is majoring in Chemistry. Ack! Yes, it would be! My major is english, imagine that. ;)

I'm glad you're writing more with these characters. I've loved them since I first found Shadows on fanfiction.net ages ago. Aww thank you very much! I never knew I'd take them this far. :)

I love pregnant Lainey. She's so funny. Cleaning Devon's house.[/i] lol! Darn hormones. ;)

Hehe. I'm not surprised at all that a connection was made with Amaia looking like Nadia. If she's Alerian nobility then she would have the same air about her that Nadia does. And given that Lainey and Julie are Jedi... However, I am going to stop my speculations there. lol! It could happen. ;)

Armand as king. That I like. A lot. He's seemed to have a more.. Air of leadership, I suppose is the way to put it. The way you had him as a supervisor at the spaceport in Shadows, I think is what has sort of given me that impression. He's not one to sit back and watch things happen. Anyway, that's just what I've surmised of him. I'm very glad you caught on to that! I've actually been setting him up for this since Shadows. :) (always intended him for King though I didn't know I'd actually write it. ;))

Okay. Back to work. Hehe. Evil professors assigned extra work this week since we have two days off this week for Thanksgiving. They think we need to work more rather than spend any time with family. Heh. Keep up the good work. I can't wait for the next part. Up today! For Thanksgiving ;)

Sache8:

My, Julie certainly knows a lot about this nesting, doesn't she? LOL When is she going to be nesting for little Drian's, hmmn? Little Drians? Hmm....we'll have to see about that. ;)

I would have to agree with the "Go Away" sentiment. Just when we were about to get some really decent mush in this story... lol! How do you know I wouldn't make them bump noses? ;)

Well, in any case it's nice to see that Devon is a very direct young man. And of course it's a requirement for the Naboo to be charming. Silly Amaia lol! Definitely, what was she thinking? ;)

jade51999:

Oh that's JUST what Devon, and Richard need..

Lainy and Julya involved in the Scarlet Illyni...
    OOOH and just watch the Ruckus start..
    LOL! Hey who says they cause ruckus? ;)

(do they think they can hide things from Jedi?)

*grin*
    I think they just might. ;)

PrincessPadme:

Poor Devon and Amaia...certainly Lainey and Julie could have had better timing! Aye, but, do they ever? ;)

She's almost like the Energizer Bunny right now--she's keeps cleaning, and cleaning, and cleaning... lol! Eventually she'll crash, I'm sure. ;)

Poor Lainey! lol! Yes ;)

I don't know if their curiousity is going to turn out to be a good or a bad thing... Well, I enjoyed seeing more familiar faces, and I'm looking forward to the second half of chapter 3. Have a nice Thanksgiving tomorrow! lol! Thanks...and when have Julie and Lainey's curiousity ever turned out bad? Oh wait... ;)

NYCitygurl:

That was very lovely Nice almost-mush Love htat Lainey wants to clean Devon's house Thanks very much :)

hollynkesten:

SCHWEET! you need to continuie this scene for chapter 5! i want to know what happens! Keep up the awesome work! lol! Oh you poor dear, having to wait for Chapter five when everyone else is waiting for the rest of chapter three

22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    And here's the rest of Chapter Three!

"What's going on?" Devon questioned, the moment they'd reached the quarters he'd given the Refugees.

Arad opened the door for him and Amaia, waiting behind them before closing the door. "This young lady here is very sick. Lord Trehnt has been caring her."

Trehnt looked up from her bedside, pausing in mopping her brow with a wet cloth. "Mailelie's been growing progressively worse, Devon. She now has a forty one point one degree fever."

Amaia walked over to her immediately, gently brushing the girl?s hair back. Devon stiffened. If the fever stayed that high, it could cause brain damage. She'd been sick all night, and they had planned to comm a doctor in to examine her in the morning, but now her case had grown too dangerous. "I sent Narek with Jatee," he said slowly, rubbing his temples. "And in this snow, it will be hours before we can get anyone here."

"There's bound to be some fever reducers in the infirmary," Trehnt said thoughtfully. "We'll probably have to give her an ice bath if those don't work, beyond that..." He shrugged. "I'm not sure what to do."

"There has to be cooling blankets as well," Amaia put in. "We should try those first."

Devon pursed his lips, struggling inwardly. "Julya's here, Trehnt. It would be best to turn Mailelie over to her."

Amaia looked at him questioningly. "She's a medic?"

"Better," Trehnt answered proudly. "She's a Jedi Healer."

"Jedi?" Amaia asked, her blue eyes widening. "I didn't know that."

Devon nodded, squeezing her arm. "It can be difficult telling by looks alone." He turned to Arad. "Amaia and I will go talk to her," he said, taking her arm and leading her out of the room.

He wasn't pleased with having to involve Julya. He and Richard had not wanted to put any more of their family in danger. It would also prove difficult to tell her, and not Lainey. They were both incredibly perceptive. It would surprise him if they hadn't noticed anything odd about his home. Richard had told him earlier that day that the Jedi Seer, Cianna Rhysode, had had a vision of them, and that the Jedi had been trying to interpret it for a couple months. It was almost as disturbing as it was intriguing that the Force was with them, but the thought of it sometimes made him want to look behind his shoulder to see if anyone was there. Richard had also mentioned that he thought they should consider asking Jedi to join the League, and Devon wondered, briefly, if this was the Force's way of answering that question.

Lainey finally joined Julie on the couch soon after Devon left, both of them wondering what could be going on. To keep their minds off of it, they started wondering about him and Amaia instead, soon prompting Solana to speak. "She rather resembles you, milady."

"Sure," Lainey said, laughing softly. "When I was a hundred and twenty kilos lighter!"

Julie rubbed her chin thoughtfully, studying Lainey for a moment. "She's right, you know. Even her height is really close."

Solana nodded. "We need to find out more about her, see if she'd be interested in handmaiden service. If we were to simply dye her hair, she'd come the closest I've seen to be your decoy."

Lainey held up her hand. "Now wait a minute. Don't you think it'd be prudent to see just how serious she is with Devon before recruiting her for my decoy? I'm not too keen on the idea anyway."

"Should you be Queen, milady, it will be a necessity," Solana said firmly. "We'll need to recruit seven more girls. Alune and I have already begun preparing a list for you to review."

"Thank you," Lainey said, smoothing an imaginary wrinkle out of her pants. "You'll have to show me tomorrow."

Julie rested her chin in her hands, staring at the floor for a moment. The manor was very quiet, but she could sense more people than usual inside it. "Do you think there's a few too many people here, Lainey?"

Lainey looked over at her, surprised. "I hadn't noticed before. We had to have in

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It's good to see that Lainey is thinking more now that she has baby to worry about. Amazing what pregnancy can do to make one more responsible.

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

24. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    And they think they can keep it away from Lainey, *rolls eyes* and they've already figured it out anywayz! :p and you really should continue this scene for chapter 5, and i like the speed at which your posting, much better than before! i LOVE it! its awesome, your doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work!

25. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    So Nadia's pregnant too?

Immediately thought of Julie when they were faced with the sickey problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.