main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The scars on Vader's head

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stormcloud8, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker_1138

Skywalker_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    I think it would be cool to show an internal struggle between the Light Side and the Dark Side in Anakin, so as was said earlier what Obi-Wan tells Luke could be true. I'd want it to happen after an incredable duel between Ani and Obi though. You have to remember what Lucas said about outdoing ESB while working on ROTJ. He said that the only way to out do ESB was with what was going through the characters heads.

2. Twi_Ton_Kenobi

Twi_Ton_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Don't you people obsess over STar Wars lore and old production notes dated from 1975 to now!?!? oops..that's me. But seriously, what happens is Obi-Wan and Anakin have a lightsaber fight near a lava pit(a lava planet has been confirmed by James Earl Jones). Anakin gets injured by the lightsaber blows and falls into the lava. To be later rescued by Palpatine.

3. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    The way Jedi fight with Sabers is only to win a duel. Dooku could have but only glanced Obi-Wans limbs. Sure, he diced off Anakins arms, but Dooku is more dark now than a normal Jedi. When Obi-Wan fights Anakin, assuming it happens, I have this funny feeling Obi-Wan will be filled with rage, maybe. If he takes off Anakins limbs, it'd be a loss of control for him. Maybe the last blow is to the head, at which point he realizes what he's doing and resists. Basically, it'd make sense for Obi-Wan to use dark technique, or something, to defeat Anakin. But then that sets up a much wilder dynamic. But we've seen Kenobi do this already in TPM. He was filled with rage when Qui-Gon is struck down, and his darkness is released to defeat Lord Maul. Interesting.

Isurus the White

4. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "a lava planet has been confirmed by James Earl Jones."

Would you mind listing your reference for this?

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Ah yes, Isurus, but let's not forget that Obi-Wan was only able to defeat Darth Maul when he was calm and collected, not angry.

Any Jedi who fights with anger is an easy target for a Sith - Obi-Wan gets knocked off a ledge, Anakin loses a hand.

Then again, we see Luke go Begbie and work Vader hard in ROTJ.

But it seems to me that, comparing their characters in AOTC, Anakin seems to be the one most likely to lose control of his emotions, as he did several times throughout the movie, while Obi-Wan remained calm no matter what.

I can see Anakin filled with rage, and I can imagine a number of reasons why he would be so angry.

I guess the question is:

what could make Obi-Wan THAT angry?

6. Aiur

Aiur Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2003
    My belief has always been that Obi-Wan and Anakin are dueling near some sort of molten/lava pit when Obi-Wan is likely about to die and exploits Anakin's overconfidence (has been the downfall of both slain Sith so far) and either physically (a kick perhaps) or forcefully pushes Anakin into the lava and leaves him to die. The only landing I think that would work is a crawl (hands and knees) position, which would only seem possible if Obi-Wan knocks Anakin's legs out from under him. While in the lava, Anakin's lungs get destroyed from the vapors and certain limbs are destroyed along with splashing to the face to explain scarring. However, he imbues himself with the dark side and is able to stay alive until he's presumably rescued by one of Palpatine's people.

The whole scene in AOTC where Anakin says that he'll learn to prevent death really forces me to believe that he'll be put in a hopeless situation where only the power of the dark side, fueled by emotions related to his imminent death, Obi-Wan's underhanded attack that put him in the position, memories of his inability to save Shmi, and feelings regarding whatever the current situation with Padme is, allows him to survive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.