main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The scene with Han and Chewie on their freighter with the two mercenary groups

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MotivateR5D4, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Is that not something you would imagine to be straight out of a Shadows of the Empire film?

The visuals, the mood and atmosphere, the dialogue, the rogue mercenary groups and their look, Han and Chewie's involvement with them, Han and Chewie piloting a freighter and not the Falcon, those big slime ball man eating things (remember some of the bosses from the game?), and the fact that it all seems to take place independent of the main storyline.

Take Rey and Finn out of the picture, and to me it all plays out like a scene that I would imagine could appear in a Shadows of the Empire film.

Just add in a little Dash Rendar, make the mercenary groups work for Xizor, and this literally plays out as if it could be a sequence from Shadows.

Did anybody else get the same impression from this scene?

I'm not implying it does not belong in TFA. Just that it is so conceptually and visually similar to what Shadows is that I think it's the closest we will get to any kind of imagining of what a Shadows movie could look like.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Never occured to me, but now that you mention it - yeah, I see it!

That sort of... made the scene cooler for me somehow.
    I just wish there had been some aliens in the gangs.

3. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Han was a popsicle in SotE. so... no?

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I never played the game. The book is mostly blotted out of my memory after the trauma of reading it, so I don't remember any scenes that made me think of the rathtars.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Dash Rendar was basically Han Solo anyway, so :p

Rellum Kire and Heroic BB-8 like this.
  6. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It feels like a very EU sequence in my opinion. It's almost like it's out of another film altogether.

Rellum Kire likes this.
  7. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Going forward, it'd be really interesting to see if any of the (now officially canon) concepts that were widely accepted but never mentioned onscreen like Mandalorians and Black Sun actually get carved into stone by being mentioned in a film. I could be wrong, but I reckon a lot of the disillusioned fans might have appreciated a bone being thrown to the old EU

8. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Man, that Irish guy who leaded this gang is the bestest!

**** you Kylo Ren, ... Bala-Tik is the best villain ever!

Irish accents are the best.

Yeeeaaahhhh....

9. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
  10. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

Tell that to Kanjiklub!

11. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016

Well, son of a beetch.

12. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    That's the only thing that disappoints me about the scene, which I otherwise love (has some of the funniest dialogue in the saga, IMO). A few aliens, with either gang, would have been cool. I would particularly like to see a big, brutish alien sidekick (such as a Herglic, below), that sort of acts as Chewie's foil. Had someone like that hit Chewie in the arm with a shot, rather than a faceless Guavian, it would have elevated the scene, IMO.

[​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.