main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the Science (and almost science) of Star Wars

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kyp_side_of_TheForce, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I realized there is no discussion here of whether it is possible for all sorts of things in the star wars universe to exist or not. This is most disturbing. I decided to create this thread to discuss science in star wars (like 'is it possible to have so diverce creatures in star wars?') and philosophy of the force (hey it's almost science).
    I want to know what everyone thinks about how there are so many humans in the galaxy. I just don't get it. I need some explaining :) have fun!

2. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    (---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------)

Up.

I'm so tired that everything I just wrote makes no sense. I'll try again soon.

3. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    It makes sense, if you have a superior intellect.

4. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Did I miss something there?

But anyway, this one guy at The Amphitheatre was talking about how the Force could sort of exist if humans were somehow able to make their brain's wiring go faster. If it went fast enough, the world would slow down around us, letting us seem like we're running faster or jumping higher, or dodging lasers (or bullets, whatever floats your boat :) ) Could this be true, because I think I could. (p.s. sorry I don't have a link.)

Also, it is technically possible to construct a lightsaber. You'd have to use plasma, which is hard to contain, and the way you could stop the light from keeping on going is you could make it magnetic, so that it extends a certain distance and then in a really tight loop, comes back into the hilt.

What do you think?

5. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    I think iread somewhere that canadian scientists built a working light saber...

6. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    building a light saber would take a truely astonishing amount of energy. If you used a wall outlet for a lightsaber, it would probably nock out the whole power for the East coast of America (and that's a **** load of power)

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Umm... no.

Lasers are quite easy to create, and a wall outlet could supply the energy.

Indeed, the question is: Is it possible to give the blade a looping feature? From what I've seen, lightsabers are more akin to cathode beams than lasers. They gave both a positive (anode) and negative (cathode) terminal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.