main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Science of Star Wars"

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I don't know if this has been discussed on any of the Jedi Council forums and I know nobody's mentioned it here, but I found this article while browsing the official site's Massachusetts forum:

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/12/news20021203.html

Of course, it'll have a lot in common presentation-wise with the Lord of the Rings exhibit we recently viewed. Since the Boston Museum of Science is developing the exhibit in partnership w/ LFL, my guess is that we in Boston and vicinity will have the first chance to see it. Unless announced otherwise, my guess is this will be the December meet next year if it stays @ the MoS that long, being that October will be Wizard World and November might be Supermegafest again. Something in the Force tells me we're going to be very busy next year. ;)

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I had heard about this back in the spring but had just assumed when I joined the boards that everyone here already knew about. My bad!

Anyway, here is a link to the official page over at mos.org.

mos.org/starwars

Looks like it will be a pretty cool exhibit. Hopefully there will be some cool collectibles available in the gift shop as well. :D

3. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Mike

I just took a closer look @ the URL I gave and you're right, it is "old news". I probably joined here a bit after you, so any thread about it here probably got buried in the archives. Still pretty exciting, though. :D

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    We actually do already have a thread on this...it's locked because it hasn't been posted in since April or May. ;) However, since there's a little unpleasantness in the thread regarding 501st/RL, I think it's probably better we keep this thread open instead. I'd like to remind everyone to keep all discussion focusing on FF/501st/RL issues in the appropriate thread. Thanks. :)

Like I said in the Random Thread...I'm very happy that my extra semester here will allow me to see this exhibit before I leave!

5. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Yeah for the exhibit, it looks like fun. I will probably have to drag my rear end up here from CT next fall to see it. :)

6. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    That'll teach me to read the random thread more often. [face_laugh]

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    You don't read all the active threads?? What kind of Rebel are you?! :eek: ;)

8. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Well...he could be seen as a REBEL of some sort because he does not read all of the active threads. :) Just kidding

9. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I might have to come from CT to see this too! Yay CT people!! :D

10. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    YEAH CT!!! :) *Massachusetts does rule, though*

11. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hopefully it'll be more like the Magic of Myth exhibit than LOTR...so we can take pics!

12. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah really. That no camera rule was very annoying.

13. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I hated the no camera rule for the LOTR exhibit, I would have loved to take pictures.

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    You don't read all the active threads?? What kind of Rebel are you?!

Don't sweat it, I don't read them all either. I guess that makes us lazy Rebels ;).

Then again... I'm not a Rebel yet :oops:.

15. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    The no-camera rule was indeed annoying.

However, I took in a camera. And got very good at concealing it within the folds of my coat as inconspicuously as possible.

And was too moved by conscience ever to use it! :_|

-Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.