main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Scope: Breathtaking Environments, Spectacular Environments

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Garth Maul, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The PT is over. We now have all 6 films on DVD.

With a little perspective, we'll properly establish ROTS' place in the Saga. In 10 years, the PT might rank up there with the OT.

In my final post-ROTS-DVD analysis, Lucas has really given us 2 things with the PT:

(1) a new vision/interpretation of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker. I can never again look at Vader in the same way in ANH, ESB, ROTJ. If all Lucas has done with the PT is add to the character of Vader (and Obi-Wan, Yoda), then kudos to him.

(2) the Scope.

Let's look at environments/planets/cities/characters in the PT and compare them to the OT.

Say what you will about CGI effects, models, special effects, digital filming, etc.; the PT has given us visions of imagination and beauty.

Though I suspect, being a 28-year-old who grew up watching the OT a billion times, that the OT will always "beat" the PT for me, the PT movies are the most beautiful movies I've ever seen.

2. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    =D= Yep. I completely agree with you. The PT shows us how much larger the galaxy really is. It's like comparing a small town with a large city.

3. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001

But the OT's small scope really helps to make the GFFA seem more real. In PT it seems that every few minutes the characters are rounding some corner and are confronted with some breathtaking vista. Whilst this isn't a bad thing I think it's overused a bit.

Then again most of the PT is centered around major planets and huge cities. If you think about it the OT's only stop to a large poplulation is Bespin which in the schem of things is basically an Oil Rig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.