main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Scoundrel Chronicles- Birth of a Rebellion After ANH, AU; Han, Wedge, Wes, Luke, Hobbie, Chewie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Coota, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
  2. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  3. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  4. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    Uppity up, up up!

5. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Just caught on to this - been reading off and on for the past 3 days! WOW! Time to quit lurking! Coota, this is GREAT! Go, man! Write your heart out!

Waiting....waiting...waiting...

6. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  7. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Patiently waiting for the next update! :D

8. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
  9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Hurry up Coota, or we may have to kill you :p

10. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  11. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Still no update? :(

Oh well .. I'll be around when there is one. This story is too fun and interesting not to be! :D

12. Silver_Solo

Aug 13, 2002
    Coota, Coota, Coota.

PLEASE COME BACK SOON!!!! :_|

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Just adding my voice to the general hubbub, Coota. How are things going at uni?

14. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    I want to apologize for the wait, everyone; I should be posting a new update soon(I'm not entirely sure), but I was just generally frozen as far as writing and everything else for the first few weeks of this new semester.

Now, I'm afraid, my excuse is a lot worse: I got distracted by working on a new "Mage" Wizall short mystery about a serial killer jedi. It should be done soon(my short stories don't usually get longer than sixteen thousand+ words).

In the meantime I've worked out how I'm going to carry out the next few dozen posts and the big battle that's coming up here in "The Scoundrel Chronicles". Things should be heating up for our characters soon.

Tahi: Things are a lot better now, and I'm starting to get the ol' Marxism class in hand. I still want to slap Marx and Engels for writing entire paragraphs using only one sentence.

Thanks again for all the continuing support, everybody. I hope I'll be able to repay you with more posts soon ;)

15. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    thanks coota, get back as soon as u can this was a great story, can't wait for more

16. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Hope you get time to update this and Coruscant High soon.

17. Silver_Solo

Aug 13, 2002
    Up this wonderous fic!

And I hope real life doesn't take you for much longer Coota--I was just starting to REALLY get into it!

18. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Tell me about it, Coota - and it's not just Marx and Engels! Try Derrida and Lacan! Personally I think it's all just verbal diarrhoea. If I wrote something like that my supervisor would shoot me. Actually if I ever do start writing like that, I'll shoot me. ;)

20. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Another Mage Wizall story? Great! Serial killer Jedi? That should be interesting ... can't wait to see it!

21. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    I'm not sure how good this is, but here's the next post, from Wedge's point of view.

-------

Wedge watched quietly, aware that everyone in the room was growing impatient. The strategy meeting had been going on for well over two hours, and no consensus had been met on how to carry out the raid. Keeping the smugglers and the pirates from killing each other had been hard enough, but getting them to cooperate was beginning to seem almost impossible. Han was doing the best he could, but Wedge wondered if it was good enough.

?I know it sounds crazy, but we have to jump in right on top of them,? Han said, his brow creased in frustration.

Booster snorted, crossing his arms obstinately, ?What, so that we can get blasted out of space by whatever they?ve got guarding the facility??

Limsat growled, ?Solo?s right; the Imperials have standard operating procedures at bases like that; we try playing shadow games, and they?ll just call in reinforcements. Our only chance is going in there with all our guns blazing.?

Hobbie asked calmly, ?What if we grabbed one of the supply transports en route to the base and used that to sneak our strike team in, then just jumped in to pick them up??

Han shook his head slightly and replied, ?It?d take too long to find out where the transports stop on their way to the supply depot, and where it would be easiest to capture one. Remember, we?re working on a strict time table: we wait too long, and the Imperials will have already destroyed the Rebel fleet.?

?So we jump in with a couple frigates, a couple squadrons of snubfighters, and a bunch of transports, right into the middle of a heavily guarded Imperial supply depot? Solo, that?ll just get a lot of people killed,? Booster asserted again.

?But if they manage to jump in more reinforcements, even more people will die. We saw that at Yavin: you can only hurt the Imperials when they?re not expecting what you throw at them,? Luke protested.

?And this?ll be the first thing they expect, boy!? Booster shouted, ?The Rebels need supplies, and the Imperials have supplies; they?ll probably have a few ImpStars there waiting for the entire Rebel battle fleet!?

?I know I should be bloody well gung ho for all of this, being a pirate and all, but the chap?s got a point. How do we know the bloody Imperials didn?t leak the information about this jolly little vacation spot and supply depot? How about we just grab an Imperial ship, check their computers, and have a proper go at it without having to worry about an ambush?? Tarsyn spoke up.

Limsat let out a bellowing chuckle that sounded completely mirthless. ?I shoulda known you?d want to sneak around the issue; go figure my daughter would fall in love with a coreworld coward like yourself.?

?I?m not a coward, old boy, I just happen to like my head where it is. If we have to charge in there like a bunch of half-cocked idiots, I?m all for it, but if there?s a way around it, I want to know about it.?

Wedge watched as Han sighed in frustration, his eyes taking in the assemblage, obviously looking for some way to bring about some action. Now Wedge understood why the Imperials had taken over the Republic so easily; war by committee just had too many inherent difficulties. Trying to bring together two very different pirate groups with some very paranoid smugglers to fight against a common enemy would have driven even the most patient general insane; Wedge wasn?t sure how a man as action-oriented as Han had managed to stay cool for even this long. Maybe it was conditioning from his years in the Imperial Navy, maybe it was from a decade of wandering with just a Wookie as his crew, but it was obvious that Han was used to having commands obeyed. Wedge recognized that trying to convince people that it was right, or necessary, to follow a certain plan, after they had already joined this new Rebellion, had never entered into the equation before now.

Wedge was startled from his observations by a light touch on his arm. He turned his head in surprise, to find Mirax standing next to him. She mot

22. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Now Wedge understood why the Imperials had taken over the Republic so easily; war by committee just had too many inherent difficulties. Well-phrased, and very true!

Mirax was quick to change the subject when Wedge challenged her on being too much of a smuggler elitist or something to admit that she was wrong about Han! :D

Good way to show the subtle way that Wedge's character is changing; the way he realised he'd always just been the quiet one around Janson or Solo or other 'talkative' people, and then came to the conclusion that this wasn't going to be enough anymore. Sounds like he will develop that confidence that he feels he's lacking outside of the cockpit, if he can overcome the uncomfortable feeling that he has about presenting his idea, and go on regardless.

Good plan, too; detailed enough to be realistic, and yet not so complicated that non-stratetically-inclined people such as myself can't understand it.

I love the last paragraph! So funny!

Great update, as usual, and glad to see you back again!

23. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    that was a great update, go wedge, ya solo and mirax are stubborn but, they are funny great work, can't wait for the next post;

24. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Great post! Your characterization of Wedge is excellent, Coota--I feel as though I'm watching him grow throughout the story. Here's where the General Antilles shows his true colors! (And, for that matter, General Solo is really working those famed negotiation skills. ;) )

I love Tarsyn's speech patterns--it almost feels like he could be having tea while discussing the finer points of interstellar warfare. And Booster...what can I say about Booster? If he wasn't such a miscreant he'd make a great politician. :)

The last paragraph had me laughing out loud: Corellians truly need a Corellian Anti-Defamation League Although, we must admit Wedge himself is not the sanest of individuals.

Just a random bit that stuck with me:

?Why the hell aren?t you helping Solo? He?s getting reamed in there, and you?re supposed to be on his side!?

?Uhm? I thought you hated him?? Wedge hazarded.
    *whistles innocently* Of course she hates him! :D

I can't wait to see what happens in the upcoming battle--keep up the great work!

25. Silver_Solo

Aug 13, 2002
    Wonderful post! And so long in the coming, but it was worth it!

I liked the way you discribed how pilots think, it's very true. They just aren't normal!

Keep up the great work--this was a quality post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.