main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Scoundrel Chronicles- Birth of a Rebellion After ANH, AU; Han, Wedge, Wes, Luke, Hobbie, Chewie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Coota, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Congratulations, Coota, and as everybody else has pointed out, your awards were richly deserved! :)

2. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
  3. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
  4. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  5. JediHunterCommand

JediHunterCommand Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I'll go with the flow and

UP

6. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    Just replying to say I'm still working on this. I apologize for the delay, but things have been crazy lately. On the plus side, I came out with great grades this semester, so I'm pretty happy.

On another note, my thoughts and prayers go out to Jane, whose son was recently struck by a car. I hope he makes a full recovery; it's horrible to see something like this happen to someone as caring as Jane.

7. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I'm sorry to hear about that too.

8. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  9. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I just saw your post above, Coota. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! It looks like my son is making a full recovery. :)

I guess life must still be pretty crazy for you, though. No new post?

10. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  11. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    End of Chapter Seven. FINALLY.

----

A new, larger common room had been found aboard Limsat?s cruiser for the final briefing before the attack on the supply depot. As he looked around the room, Hobbie had to admit that Han had a knack for bringing together exceptionally different people; the place was filled with the more well kempt, almost military pirates from Tarsyn?s ship, the tattooed, eye-patched traditional pirates from Limsat?s cruiser and Booster Terrik?s professional but individualistic smugglers. That wasn?t even mentioning the group of former Rebels now wearing their distinctive orange flightsuits, which included him, Wedge, Wes and Luke.

Wes seemed to be busy talking to his new pirate acquaintance, Wedge was making small talk with a slightly rumpled Mirax, and Chewbacca was watching over Han as he cleared up a few last minute details with Booster and the pirate captains. This left Hobbie with Luke and the one companion he had been trying to avoid, C-3PO. Artoo had also managed to tag along, accompanying C-3PO out of habit.

?So, what do you think our chances are?? he asked Luke, trying to maintain his usual dour look. He didn?t want anyone to realize he was actually happy for once. It would raise everyone?s expectations, and then they?d want him to act happy all the time.

?Pretty good, considering. I mean, we?ve got a couple of cruisers and a wings worth of starfighters?,? Luke began, before Hobbie interrupted him.

?No, no, no. That?s not how it works.?

?Huh??

?When I say, what do you think our chances are, you say ?About one in a million.? That?s the only way for us to get out alive.?

?I believe this is an example of pilot superstition, Luke,? 3PO suggested, ?It is a well documented form of dementia that??

?Quiet, you,? Hobbie suggested forcefully to the droid, who understood what that look meant and obeyed.

?You spend a lot of time in a starfighter, don?t you, Hobbie?? Luke asked, raising an eyebrow curiously.

?Far too much, but that has nothing to do with this. Wes is off with his new long lost love, and if I don?t get the pre-dogfight ritual out of the way, we?re all going to die.?

Luke put his hands up defensively, grinning sheepishly, ?Ok, ok, shoot.?

Hobbie shook out his arms dramatically, as if getting ready for some kind of athletics competition; he then went back to his pose of leaning against the back wall, his arms crossed. ?So, Luke, what do you think our chances are??

Luke, while still looking skeptical, seemed to decide to play along. ?Uh, about one in a million??

Hobbie shook his head, and commented, ?Needs work, but I guess it?ll have to do. It looks like we?re starting.?

Sure enough, Han Solo, Booster Terrik, Limsat and Tarsyn had moved into the center of the room so they could be seen by all present. While not all of the pirates and smugglers were there, a good amount were; the rest were listening from the other ships, as well as other parts of Limsat?s ship, via the communications systems. It seemed like as good a way as any to start a rebellion officially, Hobbie thought.

Solo took the floor first, as somehow seemed appropriate. This was his rebellion, after all, though he probably hadn?t thought it through this far when he had first proposed it on Tierfon Base. That conversation seemed lightyears away, now, as they prepared to assist the fleeing rebellion in getting away from Imperial pursuit.

Hobbie let his thoughts be interrupted as Solo cleared his throat and began speaking, slightly nervously at first, but more clearly as he continued.

?A lot of you might be wondering what your Captains have gotten you into, and who exactly I am, what I want, and why you?re risking your lives for me. I guess I?ll take care of the easy part first; I?m Han Solo, Captain of the Millenium Falcon. I?m just a smuggler, but I?m also an opportunist at heart. I saw the opportunity for something, and so I grabbed it.?

?It was a little different from anything else I?ve gone after before, though. This time it was a rebellion that I saw dying i

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeeha! I'm the first one here, Coota. It's great to see you're on your way again.

I really like your idea of using Hobby - one of the lesser mentioned pilots. Great idea. I always think it's a lot of fun to use minor characters because you have more freedom with them. That dialogue between Hobbie and Luke is hilarious.

I also enjoy Han's ongoing inner dialogue - but you know that. Cool ending - and very true. Boy do I agree about the platitudes. Far too many of those in politics.

:)

13. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Coota! You're back! Great to see you again! :)

I loved the part where Hobbie didn't want anybody to know that he was happy, because it would raise expectations that he should be happy all the time. :) I also loved the idea of the pessimistic 'ritual,' and the way that Threepio described it as 'documented dementia.' LOL!

Han knows just how to appeal to smugglers and pirates; by mentioning money. I liked the 'individual' part of his speech, too. The whole thing was very inspirational -- Han's going to be a great leader. :)

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Glad to see more story. I even remembered what was going on. :)

15. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    welcome back coota

glad ur back

we missed you

great post

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    More, more. We're hungry ;)

17. Kaia

Kaia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    I´ve just spend the last three hours reading the whole story, and I´m captured. This story is one of the best I´ve ever read in my life.
    So... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Coota!

18. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
  19. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    UP this go!

20. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    "Always be yourself"

21. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    "The road goes on and on and on, back to where it begun!"

22. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh, I do hope that you update this story soon, Coota. It's one of the best that I've read on the boards. I usually don't like AU fics, but this one is written in such a way that I can actually see this plot taking place. Besides it has a lot of interaction between Han, Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, and Luke in the same scene...something that we don't see too often in the novels or most fics.

:)

23. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    What we do in life....echoes in eternity...

24. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    I´m letting this one go up!

25. Kaia

Nov 3, 2003
    When does the next post coming? This story is very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.