main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics The Screaming Citadel (One-Shot, Star Wars #31-32, Doctor Aphra #7-8) (5/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 17, 2017.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Reminds me of Sara Rider in Mass Effect Andromeda.
    [​IMG]

T7-01 likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

*sigh*

...I'm not keeping it for long.

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, I'm not actually sure it works at that size.

Force Smuggler and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

It's not as funny, for sure.

Vthuil and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Not sure if this was brought up but Bombinax is based on concept art for Atha Prime.

6. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Finally got around to reading part 2, it definitely felt rather short with less than stellar art in places.

7. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    I'm not really enjoying this arc yet. It suffers from having the exaggerated versions of Han, Luke and Leia from the main Star Wars series. Han Solo is far too bumbling, Leia is far too aggressive and Luke is far too naive. Vader down also had this problem but at least that was nice to look at.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I am somewhat disappaointed they retold/remade the Rur storyline with Aphra instead of Luke, although these two storylines may be connected in some form from what is presented yet.

One thing I didn't like was that already they have Aphra calling in Han and Leia to the rescue - which already you know they're gonna bail everyone out and somehow she's gonna get away. I don't particularly like how she makes too far too much of a public spectacle that she's alive. Surely word would've reached Vader and the Emperor by now through their vast vast network of spies and whatever .

These space vampires are weird, reminds me kinda of that Tel Angor the Force Vampire of the EU. Although of course Ktath'atn apparently is a master of Force drain.

9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    That and the length of the face and the shape of the eyes is just completely off. Aphra looks like she's high on spice in that second picture.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  10. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    My Spiiiiice!

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Maybe Palpatine gave her some during their brief time together on the Executor.

[​IMG]

12. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    The art in Marvel comics is routinely terrible, a lot of off model stuff traced from various sources.

spicer and LelalMekha like this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Let's play a game.

Where would you all see Marvel's MO to be on comic art on this triangle?

[​IMG]

14. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    Disney has a lot of money but comparing Clone Wars and Rebels you really see how they cut corners and cheaped out.

Disney(Marvel) is a factory that is all about selling licenced material so they can just crap out comic books full of traced stills from the movies (or google images) and it'll still sell.

this isn't unique to Star Wars btw, it's been the standard for american comic books for the last 10 years or so just to trace photos and slap some popular superhero licence or whatever on it.

https://i.warosu.org/data/ic/img/0019/79/1423784417048.jpg

http://img04.deviantart.net/ac6f/i/...rial_for_tracers_by_optimuspraino-d2yrbau.jpg

15. tatooinesandworm

Jul 30, 2015
    I want it in the middle brown triangle. The unicorn zone.

But seriously, I want it high quality, and I can wait. If I get 6 issues per year for each title, I can live with that if the quality is top notch each of the 6 issues.

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    tatooinesandworm - you really ought to consider checking out the BD comics - a lot have been translated and they're absolutely superb but have a far longer production schedule, often 1 album of 48-64 pages per year!

Can give you some recommendations if you like.

LelalMekha likes this.
  17. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Yep, that's typically how it works with the Franco-Belgian comics, and I find it very satisfying.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. tatooinesandworm

Jul 30, 2015

I love recommendations. Feel free to PM me.

Also, I know that TatooineSandworm can be a little long to type each time. Feel free to just call me Muad'Dib. Should be easier.

19. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Rebels cuts a lot of corners. I could list many examples. But one that comes immediately to mind is the, cheapening out on the droidekas animations to the point of making them a different type entirely.

20. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    Darth_Voider likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yikes, talk about an awkward meal, eh? That Queen went straight for the murder-y off the jump, which is weird considering you figured she'd want to play with the Jedi for awhile. Also Aphra bailed on her plan real quick. The attempted murder probably sealed it.

22. Jedha John

Jan 19, 2017
  23. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Ah! See? I like the art better than in last issue. It feels more "personal," less obsessed with getting the likeness.

24. Jedha John

Jan 19, 2017
    I like how Aphra is drawn on the last frame of the preview. And I love the way Sana is drawn in the "If Blondie gets out of the way" frame. I still don't know enough about the production of these comics to understand the shift of artists from issue to issue. These are 3 issues in one arc with Doctor Aphra being portrayed in 3 different ways. Gotta love the shoot first, ask questions later approach of Sana, especially in light of the Aphra/Sana history. Aphra seems to have some feelings for Sana to not throw her under the bus for giving up Luke's location.

25. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I like the artwork better in this issue, but the big jump in style (cartoony versus realistic) will make the whole story awkward when it's out in collected form. I've no idea why they do it this way.

The only thing I don't like about the art in the preview is the continuity (eg, Sana jumps from one side of Leia to the other) and the breaking of the 180 rule in the Aphra and Sana panel. Ideally, Aphra should be on the left side of the panel looking towards Sana on the right, to match their positions in the previous panel. Just flip it.
    [​IMG]