main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics The Screaming Citadel (One-Shot, Star Wars #31-32, Doctor Aphra #7-8) (5/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 17, 2017.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Jello would agree with me on this one: this is what the Imperial Palace should have looked like -- instead of a redecorated Jedi Temple.
    [​IMG]

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I have the trade over here. Sana is horrified by the fact Han has joined the Rebellion and continually tries to get him to abandon Leia so they can become partners. Han is also insistent the thing was a scam.

It's only at the end does Sana admit in a converation to Leia it was a scam.

But clearly there's a lot of affection, though. That was my take at least.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    We'll have to see how they play it out. But doing that would be a way to get Aphra to become a more centralized character. I have felt for a while now that she eventually is going to join the main group.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    Luke has fallen for Aphra. But, right now, Aphra is using that to her advantage and playing Luke to get what she wants. It remains to be seen if Aphra can develop real feelings for Luke as she is still very cold and calculating. IMHO, yes, "Luphra" very much so could still be a thing. I'm kinda hoping it will be a thing.

5. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I'd be shocked if the EU had no romance (to some degree) for the OT's main protagonist, especially if Luke is revealed in the ST to have stayed single his whole life.

I thought I had sworn-off SW EU characters after the original EU was dumped from canon, but Aphra sounds really really cool. I need to read these comics :)

Jedha John and Darth_Voider like this.
  6. KikReask

KikReask Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2016
    That was great, I enjoyed that significantly. The art was beautiful (Especially on Aphra obviously), I already love the idea of the new species they introduced the Ezaraa (Spelled too similar to Ezra though), and the Gothic tone at the end was beautiful too. Honestly while Aphra is clearly using Luke just to get money or whatever, I loved the interaction between them and I think Luke is a much more interesting character when he's in the ship with that group of pirates instead of Han, Leia and Sana. I wasn't too invested in the Sana plotline, felt pretty ho-hum, and I question why Luke's new droid was sent back and when Aphra sent him back when really what's the point of letting them know where Luke is when there's no profit in that? Point is I won't really enjoy the story this much when Leia and co join in but oh well.

Luke and Aphra I don't really see being a thing, maybe just a short term thing if she isn't actually playing with him, but it's cute and fun nonetheless. I love the look of the Queen's minions, it's very Knights of Ren-ish with the exception of the black suit Daredevil with a spear. But overall I'm happy with it, it's like a Star Wars crossover with Castlevania. XD

Jedha John likes this.
  7. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Guys what if... what if Aphra is the new Mara Jade....?

8. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Literally the first thought that crossed my mind when I first heard about the character...

9. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    "Luphra is happening!"
    "Luke is clearly into Aphra"

....Did I read the same issue as you guys? They admire each other getting spiffed up and suddenly...romance? There's not much else to imply romantic attraction. Aphra is probably gay/bi but totally manipulative and bad to be in a relationship with as it is.

ANYWHO....this issue put the crossover off to a good start. I'm eager to see how it ends up playing out. I think Luke and Aphra have a fun dynamic and Luke suddenly turned into an anime prince with that space tux, which is highly amusing.

10. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    Thank the Maker that Star Wars 31 comes out next Wednesday...so we don't have to wait long for the next installment. Here is a link to preview pages and an interview with Gillen and Aaron that is chockfull of new information.

To me, it looks like Aphra is being drawn in this issue more like the Darth Vader series Aphra. And is that Embo that I see?

T-6 and counting...

http://www.cbr.com/star-wars-screaming-citadel-jason-arron-kieron-gillen/

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  11. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, I almost fainted with that shot. It's all I ever wanted.

And the gothic look is perfect for the Imperial Palace. The Temple thing is hands down my least favorite new canon thing.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Darth_Garak, MercenaryAce and Daneira like this.
  13. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017
    What is that image depicting if it's not the Imperial Palace/Former Jedi Temple?

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

It's the Screaming Citadel :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

MercenaryAce and Daneira like this.
  15. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017

Hah! Well, I suppose that would make some degree of sense in this thread.

Haven't picked this up yet--clearly. :)

Daneira likes this.
  16. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Far too many nonhumans for an Imperial event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Time for a Dr. Aphra spinoff movie! Disney make it happen--Indiana Jones in space!

I've mentioned before I think Chinese actress Gao Yuanyuan looks great for her.

[​IMG]

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's not an Imperial event -- but I'd disagree. The Imperial Ball in Voice of the Empire featured nonhumans, and Lost Stars indicated that Coruscant was still tremendously diverse.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I imagine Serenno looking like this.

:)

Count Dooku would be at home among them.

20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Was Dooku really the party-going type? I guess that adds new meaning to Mace's line: "This party's over."

revan772 likes this.
  21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Well if the party is full of SPACE VAMPIRES, maybe.

:)

MercenaryAce and Daneira like this.
  22. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Oh I see. Well then it's up to Wilhuff Tarkin, wooden stick in hand, to show up and say "This party's over."

Jedi Princess and DelRiego like this.
  23. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that is where they are headed with this. Mara Jade and Aphra really have a lot of similarities. Not that that means the two are going to get married or anything like that but wouldn't be surprising if Aphra becomes as big of player in the new canon as Mara Jade was in the old.

24. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    At least we got gothic architecture with Geonosis. RIP. :p

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Not sure what similarities Aphra has with Mara Jade, to be honest.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.