main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics The Screaming Citadel (One-Shot, Star Wars #31-32, Doctor Aphra #7-8) (5/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 17, 2017.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The next Star Wars crossover event (like Vader Down) was announced last month.

Starwars.com interview with Gillen & Aaron.

[​IMG]

Rebel pilot and rogue archaeologist wander side by side into the darkest shadows of the galaxy as Luke Skywalker reluctantly teams up with Doctor Aphra! The Doctor makes Luke an offer he can't afford to pass up…one that leads him to a very rare gathering at the heart of the infamous Screaming Citadel. Will Luke find what he's looking for? Can Aphra be trusted? Or will they both wind up victims of the Citadel's Queen?

May 10th, 2017
    Kieron Gillen, Marco Checchetto

[​IMG]

While Luke and Aphra face the Queen of the Citadel…Han and Leia are coming…for Aphra?

May 10th, 2017
    Jason Aaron, Salvador Larroca

Part 3 details:
    [​IMG]

The Queen's parasites are spreading. Things don't look good for Han.

May 31st, 2017
    Kieron Gillen, Andrea Broccardo

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    You know I am beginning to feel more and more that Aphra is eventually going to join the Rebellion. I know some people on here don't like that idea but it is the best way to keep her story going for a long period of time.....which seems to be what Marvel is trying to do at this point.

Also you know that if Aphra and Luke team up with eachother they are going to form some sense of a bond. Leia already has given her an invitation to join the Rebellion. If Luke gets on board with the idea of Aphra joining them then that would open a lot of doors to Aphra becoming a main character within the regular Star Wars line once the Aphra series ends.

3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  4. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    The second cover gives me a Scooby Dooby Doo vibe :p In a good way of course.

6. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    Very excited about this cross-over...the art looks fantastic! Absolutely love the frame with Krrsantan at the controls with Aphra in the foreground and Luke & 000 staring at each other in the background. Also, love the frame with Aphra and Luke in robes. OK, I admit, I love all of the frames.

I probably won't be able to resist picking up a couple of the variant covers (definitely the one with the broken rope and Frankenstein hands).

The Doctor Aphra comic has been an excellent read, so it's going to be a fun ride for Luke and Aphra to share an adventure.

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm starting to conclude all the good stuff in the OT era comics comes from Gillen.

8. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Hey now, those silhouettes sure do look familiar.
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Cool. Cool. Coolcoolcool.
    The guy cutting the rope up top is what really sells it.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  10. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    You know, I am shocked, really shocked, that nobody has commented on how much this guy on the left:

[​IMG]

looks like Snoke minus the scars.o_O

revan772 likes this.
  11. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002

Also gives it a slight Marc Davis/Haunted Mansion vibe with an additionl threat or macabre gag that the subject of the painting is oblivious to. Wonderful.

12. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Wouldn't ANY bald guy with bleached skin look like Snoke?

episodenone likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Meh that's just Cronal. And even if I'm wrong now, I'll be right later when someone retcons him.

14. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

And until his backstory is established every bald guy with bleached skin prior to the ST era is a suspect. [face_devil]

revan772 likes this.
  15. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    On the one hand, I like these events, but damned if they don't make it difficult for people who don't usually collect comics. I had a hard enough time explaining how to collect all the Vader Down issues to a friend. The heading makes mention of a one-shot, which label will that be under, an Annual?

I haven't been overly fond of Gillen's contributions so far, especially when he goes 'weird', but this looks promising because it has Luke and Aphra working together. The Gillen written Aphra series is really quite good and has turned me around on the character.

Bossk's Bounty likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Nope, they're using the same model as Vader Down so:
    • One-Shot to launch
    • 2 issues of Star Wars
    • 2 issues of Aphra
    That's it. The only difference is VD was 6 issues, this one is 5.

redxavier likes this.
  17. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The easiest thing to do is just wait for the TPB. I've already got my copy preordered and i'll read it when it ships to me in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gudenruben2 and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, but that requires patience.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Don't all the issues come out consecutively?

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Pretty much, not sure if it'll be SW or Aphra that goes first after SC one-shot but yes.

21. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    SW will be first after the one-shot.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  23. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    ugh. goth evildoers again.

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Though are some cool looking space vampires.

Or I am assuming so anyway - if someone was to make 40K Vampire Counts, I think they would look like that.

I also think they look a bit like the armor of the knights of Ren. But that is probably because there are only so many ways to do black sci-fi knight armor.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I love the title "Screaming Citadel" probably one of my favourite SW titles from Marvel in awhile. It's a Citadel which sounds menacing anyway but it's also involves Screaming! Like probably in epic pain! Very pulpy, me likey.