Official Info The Script is Done and Start Date May

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by PrincessKenobi, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    We have aboout 4 1/2 months til shooting commences. That means we definitely will have some casting info in that time. Probably a mass announcement now at this point since they waited so long to confirm the Big 3 -- AKA the worst kept "secret" in Hollywoodland. Once we get the casting, and are assured we get no Zack Effrons, Ryan Gollings, Miley Cyruses or Shia LaBarfs, I will breathe a sigh of relief. [face_praying][face_nail_biting]

Now, I know the first casting photos of actors in costumes is a big deal, but I think we could actually get some concept art "leaks" before then and that would drive me crazy. I'm a sucker for sleek concept arts. [face_batting] =P~
  2. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Watch as they pull a Warner Brothers and announce a delay until December 2016
  3. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Well Disney thought that Marvel crushing DC again would be a boring news story. 8-}
    Darkslayer likes this.
  4. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    Hopefully, we'll have a bit less doom and gloom in the "OMG they are changing the script again, this movie's RUINED!" department now.
  5. DV75 Force Ghost

star 3
    Good news.

I would expect casting announcements to come fairly soon as contracts and such would have had to be worked out before the spring.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  6. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    The look of sheer disgust, annoyance, and resignation on that cat... [face_hypnotized]
    Dra---, Six, Revanfan1 and 4 others like this.
  7. Bennihana Jedi Knight

star 1
    It will be a year since JJ Abrams was announced as Director in two days. I'd expect some casting announcements within the next month or so, but I don't expect them to reveal everyone or who they'll be playing. Aside from the original three that is.
  8. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    How many pages is the script because we should all panic if it's less than a certain amount!!!
    Bennihana likes this.
  9. HankSolo Jedi Master

star 2
    The force is with us....finally!
    Echo-07 likes this.
  10. QsAssistant Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    My guess, we'll get a casting list in February or March and finally the title of Episode VII in April or May. While from May on will be a very exciting time, the next four months will be the ones that will have us on the edge of our seats!
  11. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I wonder when we'll get the first trailer?
  12. jedijax Force Ghost

star 4
    Title this summer at the earliest. Comic Con announcement of the title for sure.
  13. Buddha Fett Chosen One

star 4

Summer 2015: My money's on it being attached to Avengers 2. ;)
  14. dolphin Force Ghost

star 4
    March or April, the main cast presumably goes over line readings, training, and the like. May is the start of actual shooting. I'm soooo excited!!!!
    Echo-07 and Dra--- like this.
  15. Palpatine2016 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    There's a lot of "they fight" in the script.
    jedinightwing likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Has to be more descriptive than that.
  17. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost

star 4
    FINALLY! Another arbitrary date to overhype!
  18. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I stayed up late last night just contemplating the possibilities.
  19. TKT Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    'They fight -

Faster and more intense.'
  20. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  21. JainaSoloYJK Force Ghost

star 4
    AHA!!!! Finally, something worth popping back in for...something official! [face_dancing]

So, so, so excited they're going to start shooting in only 4 months! It'd actually be kind of neat if the first day of shooting was either May 4th or May 25th...but I guess that's too much to hope for. And yes, agreed to whoever said they're looking forward to a pic of Mark Hamill as Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. That would send my euphoria into overload. [face_hypnotized]

But on a sad note...that's probably when I'll be leaving the Spoiler Board. :( Once we get a casting announcement, I'm out of here.
  22. Bennihana Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think we could get a teaser trailer by the end of this year. The first teaser for the Star Trek reboot came out in January 2008, a year and four months before the release of the film. While I hope they do this, because I would get even more excited, Disney is in the unique position of being able to do as much or as little marketing as they want. This movie is as close to a guaranteed financial success as any movie since, well, Episode I. I can see them holding off until Summer 2015 but I doubt that they will.
  23. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
    100% agreed, including the leaving of the Spoiler Board [face_peace]
    TKT and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  24. robo_obi Force Ghost

star 4
    When JJ was asked how long the script was the other day his answer was "movie length"
    jedinightwing and Dra--- like this.
  25. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4