Pittsburgh, PA The Second Annual Star Wars Fan Awards hosted by DB 516

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys!

Its that time of year again. Hopefully you have been making more delicious Star Wars themed desserts to submit. ;)

Docking Bay 516 The Long Island Fan Force chapter is hosting the second annual Star Wars Fan Awards on April 4, 2009 at Long Island's I-CON Convention. Join us for an entertaining show
    of Star Wars costumed characters, fan films, live acts, and some special guests - Oh yes, and some awards. Fans can vote for the awards in an on-line poll which will be operational in February.

Right now we are accepting submissions for fan participation in four categories. Deadline for entries is February 8, 2009.

To enter: send a jpg of your entry, a description, your name, email address, and Fan Force club name to chapterrep@db516.com You do not have to be present at the awards to win. Good luck.

1. Best Fan Force member costume

2 Favorite Star Wars themed food (your own creation)

3 Favorite Fan Force Fan Film (your own creation)(send a link)

4. Best Star Wars fan created Artwork

2. RnRJedi007 Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey guys It was great that a few made the road trip last year.=D=
    Hope you can make it again.Please send us
    your very creative submissions:D
  3. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Since there will be no Pittsburgh ComiCon in April this year (its been moved to Sept.) is anyone interested in going to ICON?

TradMic, you should enter your Cade animated music video in the fanfilm contest.
  4. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We'd love to have you all again and yes please submit your fan film - that would be very cool. --Billy
  5. RnRJedi007 Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi everyone,just want to remind you if you havent submitted stuff to
    award show. That time is running out.:_| Btw, are you still
    coming ?[face_praying] If you need any info (example- places to eat)
    [face_coffee] just let me know
  6. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Who all is going, besides Tradmic, Superchill and me?

7. StarFromIHJ Jedi Master

star 4
    I-CON is changing locations for the first time in twenty years. Unfortunately, do to this move they are still trying to adjust to their new location. They were unable to secure a room large enough for what we needed. Due to this fact, the Fan Awards are being postponed to 2010's I-CON . Hopefully everything will be more settled next year and we will be able to obtain a room large enough for our needs.

We as a club understand if you decide not to come. We do hope you still come though. We had a lot of fun last year and we look forward to seeing ou all again. Also, all of our other panels are still on and they will be a lot of fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.