main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Second EUC Starfighter Draft - It's Official!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Corran-Horn, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilYoda

EvilYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, it was a tough call, but I think these two will plot me a course straight to victory.

With the 12th and 13th picks in the draft, my as of yet unamed squadron is proud to select: Wes Janson & Derek "Hobbie" Klivian

1. Wes Janson
    2. Derek "Hobbie" Klivian

2. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Go Thrawn go!

3. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    ThrawnRocks posted on 2/20/05 8:40pm
    I think I just figured out why the few Imperials tend to be much better than the many rebels. Allthough teh sheilds of an X-wing allow the pilots to learn, and gain experience. But allthough a TIE wates an extrodonary nuber of pilots, it gives you le crrem de la crem in the survivors.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Well, there is also the fact that we see so much more of the Rebels, so we can see their crappy pilots like Castin Donn. :p

We don't really see much of the Imperials, except for the good ones because those are the only ones the rebels care about.

Good pair of picks by Evil Yoda, both good individually, and even better in teams.

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    The Hands of Thrawn would like to congradulate Mr. Jagged Fel on being appointed the 2nd in command!

The Hands of Thrawn
    Leader: Turr Phennir
    Two: Jagged Fel
    Three:
    Four:
    Five:
    Six:

Round 1:
    1. Saber_Leader - Luke Skywalker
    2. TypoCelchu - Wedge Antilles
    3. SecondBest - Baron Soontir Fel
    4. Abraham-Firke - Darth Vader
    5. SaeseeJim - Saesee Tiin
    6. Talon_Kenobi - Tycho Celchu
    7. HandofSkywalker86 - Anakin Skywalker
    8. Jaina Byrd - Gavin Darklighter
    9. TAIWOWNED (Suzuki) - Han Solo
    10. Mr_Sith - Kyp Durron
    11. ThrawnRocks - Turr Phennir
    12. EvilYoda - Wes Janson

Round 2:
    1. EvilYoda - Derek "Hobbie" Klivian
    2. ThrawnRocks - Jagged Fel
    3. Mr_Sith - [color=red]On The Clock![/color]
    4. Suzuki_Akira -
    5. Jaina Byrd -
    6. HandofSkywalker86 -
    7. Talon_Kenobi -
    8. SaeseeJim -
    9. Pelleon-Firke -
    10. SecondBest -
    11. TypoCelchu -
    12. Saber_Leader -

Draft Roster:

Jesmin Ackbar

Ace Azzameen
    Shira Brie
    Anni Capstan

Pash Cracken
    Edor Crespin
    Arvel Crynyd
    Rhys Dallows
    Biggs Darklighter

Erisi Dlarit
    Castin Donn
    Myn Donos
    Kissek Doran
    Garven Dries

Hohass ?Runt? Ekwesh
    Kol Eyttyn
    Keyan Farlander

Inyri Forge
    Lujayne Forge
    Adi Gallia
    Olin Garn
    Corran Horn
    Andoorni Hui
    Bror Jace

Kyle Katarn
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Ran Kether

Dorset Konnair
    Charat Kraal
    Penzak Kraal
    Daviish "Pops" Krail
    Garik ?Face? Loran
    Lorrir
    Lowbacca
    Todra Mayn
    Kasan Moor
    Nym
    Shalla Nelprin
    Lara Nostil
    Koobis ?Target? Nu
    Aril Nunb
    Shawnkyr Nuruodo
    Ric Olie
    Carth Onasi
    Rookie One
    Dia Passik

Ton Phanan
    Jek Porkins
    Ooryl Qrygg
    Ben Quersey
    Dak Ralter
    Octa Ramis
    Dash Rendar
    Miko Reglia
    Voort ?Piggy? saBinring
    Horton Salm
    Falynn Sandskimmer
    Tyria Sarkin
    Sarkli
    Saba Sebatyne
    Tesar Sebatyne
    Asyr Sei?Lar
    Zev Senesca
    Riv Shiel
    Wurth Skidder

Mara Jade Skywalker
    Merrick Simm
    Khe-Jeen Slee
    Anakin Solo

Jacen Solo
    Jaina Solo
    Maarek Stele
    Atril Tabianne
    Kell Tainer
    Tal?dira
    Elassar Targon
    Essara Till
    Eurrsk ?Grinder? Thri?ag

Nrin Vakil
    Jon ?Dutch? Vander
    Alinn Varth
    Nawara Ven
    Asajj Ventress
    Broak Vessery
    Peshk Vri?Syk
    Izal Waz
    Rhysati Ynr

[hr]

So, judges going to do breakdowns? :D

5. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    I'm working on them now

6. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Well, there is also the fact that we see so much more of the Rebels, so we can see their crappy pilots like Castin Donn.

We don't really see much of the Imperials, except for the good ones because those are the only ones the rebels care about.

Good pair of picks by Evil Yoda, both good individually, and even better in teams.

You know why we don't see them and dont care? Because they're crap, and that gives em a one way ticket to hell! :p

7. EvilYoda

Jul 14, 2002
    Edit: Oops. Yeah, um...I agree ThrawnRocks. lol.

8. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Mr_Sith! :D Hurry up!

*begins nagging back*

Wait... maybe I shouldn't nag... ;)

Your username makes me think of The Lion King... "THEY CALLED ME MIS-TER SITH!" (a la Pumba-they-called-me-mr.-pig-the-warthog)

9. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    I was talking about the crap Imp pilots to clarify. :p

10. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    Round 1: BreakDowns
    Alright, here?s my Breakdowns. On a general note they were all good. No big surprises in the top 12, Really all of the pilots have/had very successful flight careers, and should make good leaders. Don't take too much stock in the Letter Grades, I did them on a whim, so they probably arent the most acurate.

Saber Leader (A+) [Luke Skywalker] Congratulations, you got the best pilot in the drafts. Aside from his impressive handling at the stick, he has great leadership that makes him the most solid team leader out there.

TypoCelchu (A) [Wedge Antilles] Wedge is, as far as skill goes, the second best pilot in the New Republic, but, to his credit, his record is longer than Luke?s. A good solid pick, with loads of experience and tons of rapport with many of the pilots left in the draft, he?ll easily be one the better leaders out there.

SecondBest (A) [Baron Snootir Fel] as your username implies, your pick is the second best in the Empire, and at the Academy. Vader was the best the empire could offer, and Han Beat him in the academy. Fel?s a great pick, even if he never was the best, he always came very close. Plus, Like Wedge, he a has record that puts him above all other Imperials, and his stint with the New Republic and the Chiss don't hurt him any either.

Pellaeon-Firke (A+) [Darth Vader] IMO, Vader is the second best pilot in the draft. Come on he?s a Freakin Dark Lord of the Sith. Not to mention he almost took out the New Republic?s two best pilots at once. As we saw with Vader Vs. Wedge (Twice) last time, there is practically no one that can touch him.

SaeseeJim (A-) [Saesee Tiin] Wow Saesee picked Saesee, how Ironic. On of the few Aces of the Old Republic Tiin is no doubt gifted, but his combat experience is not as impressive as some of the others on the list. Minor skirmishes with pirates and a few years of battling droids in the Clone Wars, can?t hold up to the 10+ Years of experience that some other pilots on the list have. His skill is still extraordinary though, not to mention the Force.

Talon_Kenobi (B+) [Tycho Celchu] A good solid leader who has flown with almost as many pilots as wedge, Tycho?s experience is in no way lacking. But I don?t think his skill is on par with a lot of these other first rounders. Despite this he could still outfly the majority of the remaining pilots, he was Rouge Leader after all. Good pick.

HandofSkywalker86 (A) [Anakin Skywalker] Little has an impressive flight record. I mean he was the Boonta Eve Champion and savior of Naboo, before his voice started to crack. But Like Saesee Tiin his combat experience is limited compared to the others. Over all he?s still a solid pilot, but his resume isn?t all that long.

Jaina Byrd (A--) [Gavin Darklighter] He?s in the same boat Tycho, but I?d rank him a little higher because he was able to survive as Rouge leader throughout the whole Vong War. Impressive, Very Impressive.

Suzuki_Akira (B++) [Han Solo] Yes, yes this is the great defeater of Baron Fel, and yes he has some great experience in the Falcon, but this is the Starfighter draft, so Solo would be in a TIE, which he was amazing in. But I stress WAS. But his natural skill can not be ignored. As far as leadership goes, he?s on of the best: He was a General in charge of many of these pilots, plus he?s got five close family members.

MR_SITH (B/:cool: [Kyp Durron] Ok, I think this is the worst pick of round 1. Yes, he?s an Ace, and a Jedi with lots of Experience, and he is no doubt a great pilot but if you look at the rest of the first rounders, he's not in the calibur. Also, Kyp has very few people he?s flown with on the list, so he?s not the best leader out there. He still has a lot of potential, and could easily still be a contender.

EvilYoda (B+) [Wes Janson] Wes is an extremely talented pilot. He was fly Pre-Yavin, and way on into

11. EvilYoda

Jul 14, 2002
    I'd say those are fair ratings. I got the 2nd lowest grade, but I did have the last pick afterall. :)

btw, you forgot ThrawnRocks.

12. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    I'm taking Pash Cracken.

13. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    Just a bit of brief history that might show some experience that Saesee Tiin has is, one time he took out three battle cruisers all by himself. He started out with a squadron but they all died, that shows the extent of how difficult of a mission that was. I'm guessing that this is what got him onto the Council.

So this is my run down on Tiin that he has against the others...

- That near impossible feat stated above,
    - his Iktotchi heritage(the vast majority are expert starpilots)
    - his decades of honing his skills at his home planet allowing him to fly virtually any starfighter and push it to the limits
    - his Force Sensitivity allows him to perform than a regular Iktotchi pilot would.

14. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    I missed out on the Jedi draft and all I got was this cheesy team

1. Co-Captain Kyp Durron
    2. Co-Captain Pash Cracken

15. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Hey. I resent that. Please treat the SFD with as much respect as the Jedi Draft. :p

16. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Maybe I'm simply disdainful because I have the need to always be right, and I'm not too knowledgeable on pilots. Probably why I picked Kyp in the first. Ultimately, I was going for Kyp/Jag, but Thrawn had to shoot that down. :p

17. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Yeah, Jag's kind of one of the ones people try to snatch up pretty quickly around here. ;) He is a Fel, after all.

18. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    ::Looks at some of the picks that have been made. Looks at people still on the board::

Oh. My. God.

Half of you people should be fired on the spot.

~Corran

19. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    Thanks for the support. [face_talk_hand]

20. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Haha! I pissed one person off with each on my picks... Excellent [face_devil]

I was origonaly going to pick Jag 3rd, but I was afraid he was more likely to be snached away than anyone else I'm looking at.

Joda! You forgot about me!

:_|

21. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    I know that there are better individual picks on the board, but my motto has always been a delicate(but not necessarily equal) balance of individual talent and cohesion. With this pick I choose the most talented pilot of her generation, combining a huge amount of skill with a ridiculous amount of Force power to breed an insane pilot. The Klan welcomes:

Jaina Solo

The Klan

1. Han Solo
    2. Jaina Solo
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. ?
    6. ?

22. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Round 1:
    1. Saber_Leader - Luke Skywalker
    2. TypoCelchu - Wedge Antilles
    3. SecondBest - Baron Soontir Fel
    4. Abraham-Firke - Darth Vader
    5. SaeseeJim - Saesee Tiin
    6. Talon_Kenobi - Tycho Celchu
    7. HandofSkywalker86 - Anakin Skywalker
    8. Jaina Byrd - Gavin Darklighter
    9. TAIWOWNED (Suzuki) - Han Solo
    10. Mr_Sith - Kyp Durron
    11. ThrawnRocks - Turr Phennir
    12. EvilYoda - Wes Janson

Round 2:
    1. EvilYoda - Derek "Hobbie" Klivian
    2. ThrawnRocks - Jagged Fel
    3. Mr_Sith - Pash Cracken
    4. Suzuki_Akira - Jaina Solo
    5. Jaina Byrd - On The Clock!
    6. HandofSkywalker86 -
    7. Talon_Kenobi -
    8. SaeseeJim -
    9. Pelleon-Firke -
    10. SecondBest -
    11. TypoCelchu -
    12. Saber_Leader -

23. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Yeah there's one huge pick still left on the board.

24. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    I think I know who you're talking about.

25. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    Its pretty obvious actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.