main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The second Greatest Bounty Hunter

Discussion in 'Literature' started by muuurgh8150, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Boussh. He could have been one of the greatest bounty hunters, if he had survived beyond Shadows of the Empire. Probably even better than Bossk. Yet, there have been no books or comics about him. Why not. He could have been a real match with Fett. Does anyone else agree that there should be something written about Boussh?

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Do we really know ANYTHING about him? Why say he's the second greatest. I thought that honor went to Kar Yang or whomever from SOTE: Evolution.

3. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    The 2nd greatest bounty hunter is Aura Sing. Hmm, actually, for a bounty hunter of her time she was actually THE BEST. She hunted and killed Jedi. Any bounty hunter that does this sort of thing has got to be 2nd to none.

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Jango Fett is getting that status officially I believe.

5. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    True, Jango is the BEST bounty hunter during the prequel era as how Boba was best during the OT era.

6. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Boba Fett himself says IG-88 is the second best bounty hunter :p

Tales from Jabba's Palace, I think.

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Of course every one has their oppinions(Even boba fett), kind of like people siding with various sports teams of there liking.

8. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    IG-88 or Zekk.

9. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Right, GL's probably going to make Jango official.

10. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I'd go with Dengar. At least he's still alive to talk about his BH exploits.

11. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    NO i'd go with Bossk.He hunts wookies for goodness sake!

12. muuurgh8150

Feb 4, 2002
    I still say Boussh was a great Bounty Hunter, Why else would the black sun hire him. I mean for his time, he was probably one of the best, We don't know what happened with Aura sing yet, Boussh rules.

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Aurra sing last showed up just before ROTJ, in demolition's story.

Here is the EU background fiction behind it:

"Aurra Sing
    Vehicle: Custom swoop
    Species: Unknown
    Homeworld: Unknown

Aurra Sing was once a Jedi hopeful, but her darker tendencies forced her from the order. She has since become one of the most infamous bounty hunters in the galaxy. Using her connection to the Force, Aurra has pursued Jedi since the days of the Old Republic, collecting their lightsabers as trophies. Soon after the Battle of Hoth, she followed her instincts to Jabba the Hutt?s palace, sensing a new Force wielder. But her victim has been difficult to spot until his powers surface, and Aurra must bide her time. To identify her prey, Aurra has entered Jabba?s demolition contest, riding her ancient swoop. If nothing else, the event will allow her to hone her deadly skills..."

14. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    valiento:

what is this from?
    who is demolition?

15. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    Demolition is a game, but, despite its openendedness, it's definitely canon.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, for the most part with the openendedness still allows for all the characters to have competed and for events in the cutscenes to have taken place. One of the gamer issues sort of hinted at what versions and outcomes ended up happening for some characters. Like apparrently vader did end up getting that one imperial like it shows in the losing cutscene. But that doesn't mean that he didn't get his cloud city home first. Maybe he had a week of fun in cloud city before he was killed. Many of the cutscenes only hint at outcomes but don't show 100% finallity in the outcomes, any of number of things can take place right after the scenes end.

17. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    IG-88 was toe to toe with Boba Fett...if Boba Fett wasn't around, no one could match IG-88

Just goes to show just how GOOD Boba Fett was.

As far as Jango Fett...he probably "was" the best Bounty Hunter at his time...taught Boba everything he knew apparently.

18. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Yeah my votes for IG-88. Gotta love an droid that can kick some ___ !!

19. muuurgh8150

Feb 4, 2002
    Valiento, I know the story about Aurra Sing, I have the game. But nobody knows if Lucas is going to include her in any of the upcoming movies, he could very well have her killed off, in that case, the whole demolition story would have flaws in it. Unless somebody somehow found a way to "Bring her back" like they did with Fett. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for Boussh. from what I've read, Boussh was a great Bounty hunter (why else would the black sun hire him. Sure he might not have been the second best, but never the less, he was near the top of the list. i still think somebody should write a couple of novels about him. That would be awesome.

20. Kenneth-Morgan

Kenneth-Morgan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2000
    Valance. He went up against Vader, darn near killed him, and still earned the Sith Lord's respect. He certainly deserves better coverage than he's gotten thus far.

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Valiento, I know the story about Aurra Sing, I have the game. But nobody knows if Lucas is going to include her in any of the upcoming movies, he could very well have her killed off, in that case, the whole demolition story would have flaws in it. Unless somebody somehow found a way to "Bring her back" like they did with Fett. We'll just have to wait and see."

Rumor has it her part was in the very early scripts of ep2, but because the actress didn't want to come back, they turned her part into that other woman bounty hunter zam wessel. So pretty much at this point it's assumed that she is fair play by every company. As it stands all EU is valid until proven otherwise. It will take ep 3 to prove any EU otherwise. I also must point out that lucasarts has said that all games go through lucas to make sure that they remain within lucas's vision, and continuity of his stories according to the lucasarts video on the TPM dvd.

As well, according to lucasarts.com:

""Does George Lucas personally oversee all the Star Wars games to make sure that they don't conflict with his storyline? "

"LucasArts was founded in 1982 by filmmaker George Lucas to provide an interactive element to his vision of a state-of-the-art, multi-faceted entertainment company. Although Mr. Lucas is not involved with LucasArts' business on a daily basis, he is involved with reviewing all of the LucasArts game concepts and his creative energy drives much of what we do. In addition, LucasArts works closely with Lucas Licensing Ltd. to insure that all projects maintain the integrity and continuity of the Star Wars universe.""

So it is not your right to try to invalidate or throwout any source, until lfl says otherwise.

22. Roa

Roa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2002
    Greedo is the second greatest bounty hunter.

23. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    Yeah, that's why he was fried so quickly.

24. muuurgh8150

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey, thanks valiento That's something I didn't know.

And about Greedo, greedo sucked. He got blasted and only got one shot off (You can see that shot in the Special Edition). That one shot didn't even come near solo. If you read Shadows of the Empire, It tells you boussh was a great bounty hunter. It wasn't until he wanted to get payed higher by the black sun that he was "Forced into early retirement" I say, that if a seiries about Boussh, he would get a lot of credit that he greatly deserves.

25. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    This would probably develop into some kind of gag where the guy develops an inferiority complex and wastes people every time he's called "the galaxy's second-best bounty hunter"

Aurra Sing is a good candidate, if she's still alive. So is Gorm the Dissolver - hell, you can't kill the damn thing, he'll just go to the scrapyard and get new parts or take YOU apart for spare limbs.

Of course, my EU fanfic gives the honor to Alion Sangre, a Dark Jedi who often competes for bounties with Fett. But the Force gives him a bit of a trump, and he still comes off second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.